• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but any of you go to Seaworld? We've never been but made multiple trips to WDW over the years. Booked an extra day to go there this year but wondering if its worth it. I've read several reviews that after being at WDW it was kind of a let down. Thoughts anyone? I did find tickets for $50 so at least it won't be too expensive. Also I also buy a WDW ticket that day? Not sure if Seaworld would be a full day and we might need WDW ticket for the evening?

Off topic but any of you go to Seaworld? We've never been but made multiple trips to WDW over the years. Booked an extra day to go there this year but wondering if its worth it. I've read several reviews that after being at WDW it was kind of a let down. Thoughts anyone? I did find tickets for $50 so at least it won't be too expensive. Also I also buy a WDW ticket that day? Not sure if Seaworld would be a full day and we might need WDW ticket for the evening?

I'd do Seaworld first day if you can otherwise it probably will be a let down. Haven't been in years and have heard it's gotten pretty cool.

darnheather said:
That sounds like fun! We opted to stay off-site on the night we drive down. I like your plan better! LOL Unfortunately, we're bringing the dog and didn't want to check him in until we had to so got a room off-site that accepts pets.

Hehe thanks! Im not totally convinced yet but we will see. There should be a setting on my computer that doesn't let me buy things after midnight! Lol Where off site did u decide to stay? Looking on expedia the cheapest rooms I saw were still in the $70 range and had pretty bad reviews. And we just had a terrible experience with a Super 8 here in SC that had good reviews... so im a little trigger shy!

Semi-on topic. I am so tired of people blaming a bad dining experience on the dining plan. :mad: Whether I'm paying OOP or paying for the dining plan or have free dining I'm not going to accept bad food. Honestly, I've read comments comparing people on DDP to cows and pigs. And yet these same people never complain about the food while they are at Disney. They don't review on Yelp they just come here and complain and blame the DDP.

Ok, so not everyone does but I'm tired of reading the posts that do. I would avoid them if I could but sometimes I'm reading along and boom. :crazy2:

Back to party happy fun fun times. I'm going to Disney in 100 days! pixiedust:

I'd do Seaworld first day if you can otherwise it probably will be a let down. Haven't been in years and have heard it's gotten pretty cool.

Thanks for the reply. Think I'll keep our WDW park ticket for the day just in case we want to hop back.

Woke up to see flights went up $60 a person! Ahhhh!!!! Still have 97 days for them to come back down, right? $414 a person is crazy!

Woke up to see flights went up $60 a person! Ahhhh!!!! Still have 97 days for them to come back down, right? $414 a person is crazy!

Yikes! I just checked too. It is not looking good out there! Back in June, airfare for my dates were as low as $208. I really hope they go down again...I suppose they usually do. If not, for a family of 5, there goes the free dining savings!

I have been waiting....hoping....and it finally happened this morning!!!!! pixiedust:
I snagged fd at Riverside for my dates!!!!!! :yay:
I am so freakin excited!!!!!!! :dance3:

I have been waiting....hoping....and it finally happened this morning!!!!! pixiedust:

Congrats! :cheer2:
Did you book on-line or call? I keep searching on-line but nothing shows up, so I guess it is back to calling. Ugh!

I've been calling and checking online constantly, but still no luck adding more nights onto our POR AB reservations. We originally wanted 10 nights, but we have 6 right now. I know I should just be happy with what we have, but it's so frustrating!

We really like Seaworld. You did get a good price! I wouldn't plan to go to Disney the same day, but that could just be us :).....Seaworld requires a lot of walking. I think I read somewhere that the area to walk at Seaworld is larger than Disney bc things are so spread out. We were completely exhausted both times we went to Seaworld. Back in 2004, they had a behind the scenes dinner buffet with the whales and trainers. It was awesome! When we last time, 2010, it was on hold....I think it was around when one of the trainers was killed. I don't know if it's up again, but worth it to check out. Have fun!

Forgot to say....When are you going? We went in October both times. Seaworld has trick or treat there in October....I think on weekends:confused3??? You can check out special events and try to go on one of those days, then maybe it won't be a let down from Disney. Also, how much does your family like marine animals? My kids loved it, but I know another family who hated it....but I don't know why they decided to go there bc they're not really into that stuff.

Thought the same thing!:scared1: And DH told me he was going to book the airfare yesterday too, but got busy and didn't.:sad:

Yay for you!:thumbsup2 I felt the same way on Monday when I snagged my POR reservation.:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter