Free Dining not looking to good this year, huh?!

pjew

Mouseketeer
Got a promo card with free dining but unable to use it since those aren't my dates - bummer:sad2:

I've been reading all this stuff about rumors out there about NO free dining open to the public this year other than promo card codes....:confused3

oh well it was good while it lasted. Still gonna go to the magical place on earth but free dining would be even more magical :goodvibes

They're still just rumors. No way to know yet what is going to happen.

Got a promo card with free dining but unable to use it since those aren't my dates - bummer:sad2:

I've been reading all this stuff about rumors out there about NO free dining open to the public this year other than promo card codes....:confused3

oh well it was good while it lasted. Still gonna go to the magical place on earth but free dining would be even more magical :goodvibes

May I ask......what FREE DINING dates did you get on your promo card??

:confused3
We have free dinng for our next trip (25 Feb) and also free dining for our Sept. trip
This Feb. trip was spur of the moment, I only booked it because there was a free dining banner ad on one of my fashion forums

We get free dining in the UK, but it has changed to quick service only, at moderate and deluxe resorts only.

The rumors have been going around for a while now. In the past a promo like that was only offered for 3 years before a change was made. FD started in 2005, so it's been a long one and every year I'm surprised that they offer it again. I will really miss it whenever they do stop. I would never pay for any of the plans...it's just way too much money for me as we tend to stay for 10-12 days at a time and my kids are well over age 10. We have really, really enjoyed having FD it has made our trips very affordable but also it has allowed us to try all sorts of restaurants and foods that we probably never would have.

:confused3
We have free dinng for our next trip (25 Feb) and also free dining for our Sept. trip
This Feb. trip was spur of the moment, I only booked it because there was a free dining banner ad on one of my fashion forums

Can I ask how you got the free dining for September? Was it a card, or bounce back deal? Something else?

Don't forget to factor in room discounts. I read that free dining was only available with full room rates? When I booked my June vacatiion, I compared the 30% off with dining versus regular price and dining. The result was essentially a "free dining" plan. 30% off and dining came to just a regular plan without dining.

Don't forget to factor in room discounts. I read that free dining was only available with full room rates? When I booked my June vacatiion, I compared the 30% off with dining versus regular price and dining. The result was essentially a "free dining" plan. 30% off and dining came to just a regular plan without dining.

Yes, if free dining is offered, you would have to pay rack rate for the room.

I have heard that the success of the new Fantasyland is drawing in the crowds, thus no need to offer FD to fill the rooms. I'm hoping that by September a lot of the Fantasyland excitement has died down and that they will offer FD again.

I have heard that the success of the new Fantasyland is drawing in the crowds, thus no need to offer FD to fill the rooms. I'm hoping that by September a lot of the Fantasyland excitement has died down and that they will offer FD again.

I agree, along with a very successful Bounce Back that was cut short in December because of the enormous response that filled resorts for late summer ! There appears NO need for free dining? My guess April announcement for late fall free dining!

I will say we have started to stay off site again and we like it. I enjoyed getting a larger room (a suite) and an included hot breakfast for cheaper than a value resort at different times of the year. We did go off peak in late November/early December. We even had evening receptions which satisfied us as dinner. I followed our room rate up to the end and I was able to get deeper discounts that way. This covered our eating costs; so, in reality we had a different kind of free dining. You have to be faithful and follow your room rates offsite, but it does pay off sometimes. I booked early to secure a room, but then I watched for lower rates and I was successful and rebooked our resort. It was very easy for us to go back and forth from our resort. In some instances it was faster and in other instances slower to go back and forth from the off site resort to Disney World. You do need a car to stay off site, but we take road trips more than flying there.

If Disney needs to use the free dining plan I'm sure they will do it. Time will tell with the fall or winter rates. If you stay in a deluxe without a large family then sometimes the discounts for the room is better than the free dining promo.

I agree that I don't really want a dessert with my meal and sometimes I like to have an appetizer. I certainly don't mind tap water as my beverage. I think each of us has to see how it works for our own situation.

In reality, I believe free dining got started in the fall; because, there had been a few hurricanes that scared many people from going there at that time of the year. That threat is still there; so, we may see free dining at that time of year. Then, the economy tanked and Disney extended free dining to other times of the year.

I've enjoyed Disney World over 40 times so far and we never have lived close to WDW. I've seen different promotions through the last 25 years. I strongly feel the free dining promo has been the most successful for Disney. I feel Disney will resurrect this promo when they feel it's needed.

We alternate our trips to Disney now with going to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge and Branson. We like the Christmas season and these alternate vacations have been enjoyable to us. I don't know if we are not as strong of a fan of WDW any more, but I rather take more vacations elsewhere if it amounts to the same monies or even cheaper. Dollywood has the added value with being so close to the Smokies. We did Williamsburg, as an alternate to WDW, too.

In the 1990s Disney had me hooked, but not any more. We have expanded our adventures, now. In the last few years we have taken some great vacations out West and East. There are other places to visit. With our population decreasing, Disney will have to offer deals in the future. I can wait for a better day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter