Free Dining for '06?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
What is the general consensus here? Will free dining be offered again this year for Sept.?
I am in the very early stages of planning our next WDW trip, and debating between Sept (after Labor Day) and early Dec. We prefer Dec. for the weather (we'd rather bundle up than sweat), decorations and of course Osborn Lights. I'd also love to see the Candlelight Processional for the first time.
Both are Value season, so cost would probably be about the same. However, if WDW were to offer the free dining again, we would go in Sept, as I just can't pass up a bargain when planning our vacation. So what does everyone think?
Also, when did the free dining offer come out last year? I think I read it was April? I could wait until then I guess to make my decision and still get good ADRs for Sept if we go that way.
Thanks for any input!

Free dining was offered at the end of August through the first week of October in 2005.

Michele

I am planning to go in Oct. and was wondering the same question. I really hope they do offer the free dining plan again!

I'll be very surprised if they do. The dining plan is so popular I think folks are more than willing to pay for it, even during hurricane season. I suppose we may see it come back, but only in concert with really poor or non-existent discounts on the hotel rooms themselves.

{rubbing my crystal ball} Hmmmm, let me see... Look closely into the ball.... I don't think you'll find what you are seeking. That'll be $37, please.

I do not think they will offer it again. I think one of the reasons they offered it last year was to introduce their new dining plan to the public. If they do offer it again, I'll be surprised (I will also book my trip then too). But regardless, the discount codes won't be released until like May or June or something anyways, so I wouldn't even stress about it until then. And if you are planning on going in September, then I would just wait until the codes are released for that time period and bok then.

I think they offered the free dining for 2 reasons: 2004 was such a bad hurricane season and they wanted people to book late August through October, and to get people hooked on the dining plan. It worked, because we will purchase the dp this August when we go.

I would be very surprised (and happy) to see the dp for free this year. I hope if they offer room discounts for that time, they will be for packages as well.

I seriously doubt you'll be seeing the free dining plan again! Last year, Disney offered it for free to introduce it to the public as well as for the restaurant staffs to get accustomed to how the dining plan was going to work without upsetting the paying public if mistakes were made.

At this point, the dining plan has proved to be so popular that there's no reason for Disney to offer it for free again. Of course, if they DID offer it.. I might have to consider making a trip during Sept. myself! (I won't be holding my breadth!)

what is free dining? and how do I get in on it ... I'm going the end of 8/06

:wizard: phil

As stated above, Disney usually has some "great" offer for late summer/early fall. They never run the same promotion twice, so I wouldn't hold your breath. They will however, most likely run a different promotion so keep your eyes peeled!

Well, I've read that there may be a twist on the free dining this year, if it's offered. Again, these are all speculations, so just keep that in mind.

Ive heard...

1) BOGO free dining (buy 1 adult get one free, etc)
2) One free day for every day purchased (buy 5 days get 10)

I personally think it may come back. Does anyone remember the 2005 Hurricane season??? Yes, that's what I thought. The WORST hurricane season in recorded history with the most named hurricanes in history.

Disney stepped it up in 2005 to compensate for the terrible 2004 season. But 2005 made 2004 look like a spring day in Colorado!

They will come up with something to entice us all to come during Sept. & Oct, and I am still optimistic about free dining. I'm a dreamer, what can I say.

BTW, the Deals for August-Oct. came out in May last year, I would anticipate a similar date for this year.

Thanks for your optimism lionqueen. I like the way you think... :thumbsup2
Well thought out points though. Hope Disney considers it.

I don't expect it - and I don't think hurricane season has any reason with why. The hotels really book out in October and November - hurricane season as well, because of the Food and Wine Festival. I am guessing that September (and late August) have been less busy because guests want to come for the F&W (not that September was a busy month every anyway, it is always one of the slowest).

If they did offer anything like that - I'd say September again, because it is so very slow. But I'd still be surprised, it was a VERY generous offer and people are more than willing to pay for it now.

Denise

Servants of Evan said:
{rubbing my crystal ball} Hmmmm, let me see... Look closely into the ball.... I don't think you'll find what you are seeking. That'll be $37, please.

Lol Another Dis member was asking me the same question. As for me i booked
the Platinum plan so it does not matter to me. But for those who enjoyed it
last year it was great uisng. :wizard: :banana: :rotfl2:

I do not think they will offer it again.

Yeah, I think it's a long shot too, but we can always hope. As I said, we really prefer early Dec., so I won't be disappointed if they don't offer it, we'll just have to cut back in other ways!
Thanks for all the replies!

Dont ask me how I found this, but I did. Many people were wondering the same things last year, that we are pondering this year. Here's hoping hindsight from last year, will repeat itself this year..FINGERS CROSSED:banana:

Without the Free Dining offer, the parks will be empty during august through september. Disney will need to offer the free dining plan in order to boost attendance in the parks. The free dining plan is often the only enticement to get USA residents to go to the park during that time period.

I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter