• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining doubtful - travel agent says WDW bookings up by 50% for August this year

Well, I am all confused now. :sad1:

I did get the flyer in the mail awhile back for the 40% off room rate for selected dates. And I made our reservations for Sep 27-Oct. 2. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Luckily we got the 40% off our rooms (grand gathering), but after I made the res. I noticed that the 40% should have been only for a value resort.:goodvibes So that worked out really well for us.

This is the thing, when I talked to one of the cm's, she told me that if the dining beacame available that it would be adjusted off of our packages. We did include DDP as part of our package. So who really knows what to expect??? There are so many conflicting replies and I guess it all depends on who you get on the phone at Disney. Hopefully you get someone in a really good mood. :)

Hi...welcome to the Dis!

You can only use one discount at a time. If you have 40% off you cannot add free dining IF it becomes available. You need to decide which package saves you the most money and go with that one. For us, it was 40% off at the GF, but for many at the values and mods it may be free dining. (BTW, the 40% code was good for all the hotels, not just the values- they only gave a price example for the values) Hope this helps!

okay, I really did think I was losing my mind for a minute.:confused:

I went and dug my flyer out of all my planning papers, and it does say, in small writing, that the 40% discount was for value resorts. It does not show a price quote, it just says 40% off room rate for selected dates.

And, like I said earlier, you really don't know who or what to believe anymore. Just called and added my in-laws to our Grand Gathering package and I asked again, for the gazillionth time, if I would be able to get free dining also if it becomes available. She said yes, but only if I see it shown on the website and call to have my packages adjusted. They will not do it automatically, which I knew already. She said it would be announced in April or the first week of June.

Thought I would post this to really get everyone's minds wondering like mine :laughing:

Maybe the mystery will be solved soon.

I went and dug my flyer out of all my planning papers, and it does say, in small writing, that the 40% discount was for value resorts. It does not show a price quote, it just says 40% off room rate for selected dates.

And, like I said earlier, you really don't know who or what to believe anymore. Just called and added my in-laws to our Grand Gathering package and I asked again, for the gazillionth time, if I would be able to get free dining also if it becomes available. She said yes, but only if I see it shown on the website and call to have my packages adjusted. They will not do it automatically, which I knew already. She said it would be announced in April or the first week of June.

Thought I would post this to really get everyone's minds wondering like mine :laughing:

yes, you may be able to switch to free dinning if offered during your time but you will lose the 40% off code. You have to figure out which one is the bigger savings for you.

You should also call the day the announce it since there is a set amount of rooms per resort that can get it.

Look at it this way. People who were lucky enough to get the 40% off at a value during value season would only be paying $47.40/night for that room. Imagine four people in that room. There is no way Disney would give four people free dining for the length of their stay, plus a room for $47.40/night. That's $11.85/person per night for a room and all meals. That wouldn't even make sense. Disney would be paying them to come down there.

You can't stack discounts. You can get either your 40% off discount or the free dining and must decide which is the better deal for you. It would be nice to pay $11.85/person and have a room and all meals included though wouldn't it?

I did get the flyer in the mail awhile back for the 40% off room rate for selected dates. And I made our reservations for Sep 27-Oct. 2. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Luckily we got the 40% off our rooms (grand gathering), but after I made the res. I noticed that the 40% should have been only for a value resort.:goodvibes So that worked out really well for us.

This is the thing, when I talked to one of the cm's, she told me that if the dining beacame available that it would be adjusted off of our packages. We did include DDP as part of our package. So who really knows what to expect??? There are so many conflicting replies and I guess it all depends on who you get on the phone at Disney. Hopefully you get someone in a really good mood. :)

You do realize if the rumor (very reliable one) is true you won't qualify for the free dining so all of this speculation is a waste. The rumor which a newer one is floating around this AM confirming it further, states that you must check in by Sept. 22. Will you be able to rearrange your dates to do this. If this rumor is correct it will leave alot of us out. The newest information revoles around them using the beauty and the beast theme stating if this is a great deal, then ask the dishes....something like that.

Either way, we are still going to Disney at the time we are booked for. My main problem is that when I have asked the people at Disney, quite a few times while planning this trip, is that I have been told that we would qualify for free dining if it comes available, and not once have any of them mentioned that we could not get both. So, that is my main gripe. :confused: I definitely would not cancel this trip due to not having free dining, but just wish I haven't been told it many times and then wonder if it was going to actually happen or not. :rolleyes1

To make matters worse, now the in-laws are going. Ought to be a trip to remember. :laughing:

Just needed to vent a little, or alot.

Newbie here - sorry if this has been asked before! Is the free dining thing something that Disney would post on their website? Or do we just keep calling & bugging them? Have res for Sept 8 - 16 & hubby doesn't think dining plan is worth it. I'm trying to convince him otherwise, but free would help me out!

Either way, we are still going to Disney at the time we are booked for. My main problem is that when I have asked the people at Disney, quite a few times while planning this trip, is that I have been told that we would qualify for free dining if it comes available, and not once have any of them mentioned that we could not get both.

IF it becomes available. It MAY be available on different dates, in which case you wouldn't qualify. The 40% off a deluxe resort is a great deal... stick with that and be happy.

Good luck with that in-law thing :rotfl:

:eek: Good Grief !! :eek:

How DOES one get a 40% code for a deluxe resort?

I've ressies for early Sep @ CR and I've LOVE to get a 40% code for then.

In my situation, this would blow away any savings a free DDP would yield. It would almost double them.

Absent a code or the free DDP, I'll have to settle for the lowly AAA discount.

i was told the same exact thing multiple times by multiple Cm,s. I know everyone here says no way but I am holding out hope! 40% is still an excellent deal so I am not complaining.:goodvibes

Rest assured that if free dining is offered, it won't be added to 40% off packages. I'm sure the CM meant well, but don't believe what s/he said.

Rest assured that if free dining is offered, it won't be added to 40% off packages. I'm sure the CM meant well, but don't believe what s/he said.
Yes, absolutely. There is no way, none, that they would allow free dining on a 40% discounted room. I wish they would, it would be the deal of the century, but they won't.

Not that I believed for a minute that we'd ever be able to combine discounts....

BUT is there a valid 40% code that can be used for deluxe resorts (e.g. CR)? If so, I'd eternally grateful if someone would guide me to one.

Not that I believed for a minute that we'd ever be able to combine discounts....

BUT is there a valid 40% code that can be used for deluxe resorts (e.g. CR)? If so, I'd eternally grateful if someone would guide me to one.

That 40% code was a pin code (meaning only some folks got the mailing and they have to use the pin code that's attached to their name on that mailing).

But don't regret doing a AAA code for a deluxe! During value season that's 15% off per night! So, if you have a $300 room, and are staying seven nights, that's a savings of $315. Not too shabby! You'd give that up to do the free dining - so "free" dining's costing you $315 right off the bat!

Newbie here - sorry if this has been asked before! Is the free dining thing something that Disney would post on their website? Or do we just keep calling & bugging them? Have res for Sept 8 - 16 & hubby doesn't think dining plan is worth it. I'm trying to convince him otherwise, but free would help me out!

YES its it worth it! my DB and I went last sept O6 and we recv'd the free dinning and it was well worth it. We are going again this year same time for 11 days instead of 10 so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they offer free dinning again. IF they do I will be spend that money elsewhere in the parks so I can see why Disney wouldn't offer this DDP it is for the best. If you give a little you get alot from people as they say.

PLEASE SEND SOME PIXIE DUST SOMEONE!!!!!

ME TOO PLEASE.

That 40% code was a pin code (meaning only some folks got the mailing and they have to use the pin code that's attached to their name on that mailing).

But don't regret doing a AAA code for a deluxe! During value season that's 15% off per night! So, if you have a $300 room, and are staying seven nights, that's a savings of $315. Not too shabby! You'd give that up to do the free dining - so "free" dining's costing you $315 right off the bat!

I don't regret the AAA code. In my case its saving me about $450. However, the free DDP would save me even more --just over $600. So I'd make out either way.

Nevertheless, as I stated, that 40% code would almost double the benefit of free DDP, but the latter point appears to be moot now, as it is a pin based discount.

I don't regret the AAA code. In my case its saving me about $450. However, the free DDP would save me even more --just over $600. So I'd make out either way.

Nevertheless, as I stated, that 40% code would almost double the benefit of free DDP, but the latter point appears to be moot now, as it is a pin based discount.

We are staying from Sept. 7th - the 17th are these the days that are allowed with that particular code?

Trust me, I am very happy with getting the 40% off room rates. Have not done the math on how much we actually saved yet, but I will today.

Me and my mother both got a flyer through the mail that told you could get 40% off room rates for selected dates. There were many dates to choose from. But it did also say the discount was going to be on a value resort, thing is , I didn't see that part on the flyer until I had made our res.'s The person I talked to while making our Grand Gathering res.'s asked me if I would be interested in upgrading to a moderate, so sure, I took advantage of that deal. We have a group of 12 going on our trip, so we booked 3 rooms at Prt Orlns Rvside. I was also told that you could only use the pin code for 3 rooms, so that worked out great.:)

Dining would have been an added bonus, but like I said before, when you call and ask so many people and they are telling you the same exact thing, who do you believe? Honestly, I have asked 4 different people. I will just wait and see what happens.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter