Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited. Can hardly contain myself. I can do online check in tonight. I am sure you are all going yeah yeah, but it am an absolute first timer, and travelling from Aus. I don't know what to do, should I check in, can I still make changes, am I crazy? - don't answer that last one. I already know the answer to that one. I am sure someone will understand my excitement, even if it is still 60 days away.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

If loading from the DIS app:

After you select reply, hit the '+' sign

Then select 'image link'

That's where you'll put the link to your pic that you have loaded to photobucket and selected the 'direct link' URL. Copy that link and paste it where you selected "image link"

If loading from the website select the earth with the paper clip.

Ok. I am going to practice this today! So I guess I need a photobucket app?
Thanks!

I'm back!!! What a fabulous trip it was! :cool1: (and yes, Joe is absolutely right about the pulled pork at BOG - it was so good, we went back another day) Crowds were light and most everything went really smoothly.

We had a very early flight this morning, with delays for mechanical problems. Add that to a three hour time change and a nasty cold I picked up at the end of the trip, and I'm ready to crash.:crazy2: But, before I do I just had to say cheers to everyone getting ready for their vacations! It's going to be fabulous!!

Yeah!yeah!yeah! So glad you had a wonderful trip! Sorry you are feeling yucky! When you feel better let us know some of your fab things you did on you vacation. :-)

IlovePumbaa said:
So excited. Can hardly contain myself. I can do online check in tonight. I am sure you are all going yeah yeah, but it am an absolute first timer, and travelling from Aus. I don't know what to do, should I check in, can I still make changes, am I crazy? - don't answer that last one. I already know the answer to that one. I am sure someone will understand my excitement, even if it is still 60 days away.

I was the same exact way....your in good company :)
I did online check in too. I believe after you do online check in and put in uour requests you can still make changes but you have to call.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! :-)

First timer ! Awesome! Your going to be own away! I do not see the difference between online and reality check-in. Last time the onlibe check in was longer. You might be a bit more likely to get the room you want , but I have been told this is done at check in. So maybe not.

I do online checkin just for the pure fun of doing it....

Page 6 already!!!!!
Football games Friday and a band competition all day yesterday and did not get home until 1:30, so I know we will be able to stick it out till the end at MCVMP. :rotfl2:
And today we are going to see The Lion King! :cool1:

Between that and Joe's videos, I am so ready for Disney. They were absolutely wonderful Joe!

We leave in 18 days!!! I got the maps out and arranged all my fast passes. I think it will work out great! Can we double dip and still pull fast passes from the machines?

Also, we have two reservations. A room only, and a package that starts two days later at the same resort. Do you think we will have to move rooms? I requested the same room type for both at online check in. Any ideas?

Waaaaaaaaa!!! Mon/tue forecast for next week is AWFUL!!! 70% chance of storms!!! :( :( :(

I am going on our 1st trip to WDW. We are a family of 5 and have free dining and our dates are 11/30-12/6. What is the minimum on park day tickets to ensure I keep my free dining? Is it 2 or more? We will be staying at Pop for 6 nights, 7 days but didn't know if I had to have 6 days park tickets or if I could only buy 2 and keep free dining the entire time. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

Waaaaaaaaa!!! Mon/tue forecast for next week is AWFUL!!! 70% chance of storms!!! :( :( :(

saw that,went to Walmart to get ponchos. suitcases came out today :-)

I think t-storms are more hit or miss than a forecast for rain all day. 2009, storms were forecast every day and we saw some really ominous clouds but only time it rained on us we were on the bus back to resort for mid day break.

saw that,went to Walmart to get ponchos. suitcases came out today :-) I think t-storms are more hit or miss than a forecast for rain all day. 2009, storms were forecast every day and we saw some really ominous clouds but only time it rained on us we were on the bus back to resort for mid day break.

I have a friend who lives down there are she told me to ignore it, that forecasts that far in advance are never accurate down there.

I have a friend who lives down there are she told me to ignore it, that forecasts that far in advance are never accurate down there.

true for anywhere. 3-5 days out much more likely to be correct.
rest of the week after Mon-Tues looks perfect. Sunny and low 80's. Last trip, 3rd week in September, 93-94 every day :-(

Don't worry too much about the weather. We had rain predictions for our trip and never felt a drop. There were a few scattered showers, but they all happened while we were in a show, at lunch, or late at night. It really is unpredictable. If you do get rain, it probably won't last long and won't effect your trip much. :goodvibes

I just realized MDE has 13 days left, which is right, and my phone app has 12. Either way....its sooooo close!! :)

Yeah!yeah!yeah! So glad you had a wonderful trip! Sorry you are feeling yucky! When you feel better let us know some of your fab things you did on you vacation. :-)

One of our favorite events this trip was the MNSSHP. We were a little worried because the night we went was sold out. But, we really didn't feel the crowds at all. We managed to get a ton done that night - so much more than I expected! The villain show was a big hit with our family.

Be Our Guest was great! We had lunch there twice (with Fastpasses) and dinner once. The lunch food was some of the best I've had on property. (Yes, Joe, those strawberry cupcakes are addictive! Wish I had thought to order a few extra to bring home!)

We tried Neverland Club for the first time and I highly recommend it! Don't forget to use the 15% coupon that comes in the coupon booklet -it helps.

Our Magicbands and FP+ worked pretty well. I changed our Fastpasses several times during the week without any trouble (aside from the slow system). It was weird, but nice, to not have to dash for Fastpasses first thing each morning. It took a lot of pressure off of rope drop. One word of caution... think twice before purchasing any of the accessories for your kids' Magicbands. My girls had lost all their charms by day two. I overheard two other families complaining of the same thing and all were told it was a known problem and to be sure to mention it in the post-vacation survey.

I tried Photopass+ for the first time this trip and really liked it. On our last day, we lost the lanyard, but they just scanned the rest of our photos on my Magicband and when I went out to look for my photos this morning, everything is there. (It helped that I took a photo of the Photopass+ card number with my regular camera and was able to enter the numbers in). Magicbands were comfortable... one of my kids is still wearing her magic band and I don't have the heart to tell her to take it off. :-) My DH preferred to loop his on his belt loop though. In fact, he just brought me his disassembled MB -he was very excited to show me the guts of the thing and how it works.

We never sat in a line longer than 20 minutes this whole trip. Usually, it was no wait at all. Between FP+ and low crowds, we had a really easy time! Epcot walkways are crowded with Food and Wine, but rides aren't busy.

Tried the VISA photo thing for the first time this trip, and that was a great bonus! Got some fabulous shots of the extended family.

The Enchanted Tales with Belle was fabulous! The whole family got parts and had fun hamming it up. If you get a chance to go here, be sure to take a part. We had a FP for that one. The Ariel rides queue line is amazing! We've been on that ride many time in California, but the queue here is nothing like the amazing, interactive parts of the one at DW. Almost wish we had to wait in line on that ride. Almost.

For us, a big change was that ALL of our DDs were happy to go on some of the faster roller coaster rides. We even got two of them on Rockin' Rollercoaster! (a favorite of mine and DH) They still love the teacups and Winnie the Pooh though, so we are in a perfect place.

The resort line of the monorail is down between 11am and 6pm every day for the next few weeks. This was a surprise to us. We found work-arounds (usually by boat), but it's something to be aware of if you are going soon.

Ok.. if I go on any more, this will be a full blown trip report. :-) Let me know if you have any questions for your trip though!!

I am going on our 1st trip to WDW. We are a family of 5 and have free dining and our dates are 11/30-12/6. What is the minimum on park day tickets to ensure I keep my free dining? Is it 2 or more? We will be staying at Pop for 6 nights, 7 days but didn't know if I had to have 6 days park tickets or if I could only buy 2 and keep free dining the entire time. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.[/QUOTE
Yep the minimum park tickets is 2 days for free dining. Have a magical trip and let us know how it goes. Have FUN!!! : )

Don't worry about it, I think they give that same forecast every day depending on the heat / humidity. Most showers down there don't last that long anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter