Free Dining Aug 26 - Aug 31

ILVPOOH

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our trip (husband, me, 2 10 year boys, and my parents).

TABLE SERVICE we ate at:
Alfredos Dinner (we love this place and hate to see it close). The food is so good and the waiters are cute. Had lobster soup, salads, calamari, lasagne, chicken breast, shrimp pasta. Everything was yummy.

Boatwrights Breakfast (the french toast is the best). For breakfast on the DDP, you get juice and a drink. My boys had smoothies as their drink. My husband asked about grits and the server bought him out grits made two ways so that he could try them. She didn't even charge him for them.

Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch (Crab cake, fried cheese, Hamburgers, turkey, William Penn Pasta and Butter Pound Cake with Pecan Caramel Sauce and vanilla ice cream). So good. It's worth the trip for the buttered Pound Cake. OMG, it was the best thing I ever eaten.

Mexico Lunch (Corn Chowder, Nachos, Sampler Platter, Chicken Mole). I liked this place, but probably wouldn't go back. It was OK, but not great. The nachos were the best thing. Nothing great for dessert.

Concourse Steakhouse Dinner (Onion Rings, Salad, Chicken Wings, Filet Mignon, Strip Steak, Ribs). Everything was really good. The steaks were juicy and cooked perfectly. The boys got milkshakes which were included in the DDP. They really rush you here. We weren't done with the appetizers and our steaks came out. They didn't clear the dishes and then dessert came out. Dinner was a big blurr, but it really was good.

SNACKS:
We didn't have too many snacks, because we were too hot. Most of our snacks went to water, but we also had Popcorn, Mickey Bars, Fruit, Spicy Cheese filled pretzel (MK), Orange Pineapple Smoothies (MK), Ice Cream, School Bread (had to try this because of these boards), it was great. I got it the last day and we only ate 1/2 of it and threw it away. I wish I had it now.

COUNTER SERVICE:
Used this for breakfast mostly. You can get a breakfast platter, juice and drink for 1 CS or you can get 3 items for 1 CS. My husband would get milk/cereal, muffin and a banana for 1 CS.

Thanks for the reviews! We have ADRs made for February but I might want to change a few. I'm interested in the Concourse Steakhouse. We are red meat fans. I grew up on a farm and my Dad raised beef so your happiness in the Concourse peaks my interest. You sometimes read negative reviews so a positive one makes my think twice. We've never ate at Liberty Tree Travern on any of our trips and your dessert sounds to die for. I'm thinking I need to find some sugar at the moment. :) Might want to give it a try on our next trip. We ALWAYS end up at Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's. Probably once each on our last 5 trips. I think its time for a change. If I can't talk the DH and DS into it. Again, thanks for the reviews. I wish it was February.

Lynn

Question about your Mexico lunch and corn chowder...was this at the CS place in Epcot or the TS place? DH is a corn chowder fan and I dont recall seeing it on any menus for Mexico

Question about your Mexico lunch and corn chowder...was this at the CS place in Epcot or the TS place? DH is a corn chowder fan and I dont recall seeing it on any menus for Mexico

We had the corn chowder at the TS place at lunch.

Thanks for the reviews! We are planning to do Concourse for dinner and Boatwrights for breakfast so I especially enjoyed those reviews. I also want to thank you for posting what you can get for breakfast on the DDP at the foodcourt. I had been wondering about that.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup2
Kimba

Thanks for the reviews! We are planning to do Concourse for dinner and Boatwrights for breakfast so I especially enjoyed those reviews. I also want to thank you for posting what you can get for breakfast on the DDP at the foodcourt. I had been wondering about that.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup2
Kimba

Boatwrights was really good for breakfast. We had omelets, biscuits, bacon, ham, sweet potato pancakes, and french toast. Everything was really good, especially the biscuits and the french toast. I was excited about the sweet potato pancakes, but I didn't like them. They were really mushy and soft. They just tasted like smashed sweet potatoes. No one else liked them either. But the other meals were big enough to share. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter