Free Dining 2011???? best guess of start date...

eeyorepixie

AKA Queenie
O.K. I posted this in the restaurant forum, but then realized I should have posted it here...

Since I have my trip all planned out for bounceback 2010 :goodvibes ...that means I start thinking about 2011

My guess is that it will start Aug. 21, 2011

now since we like to go for 14 days, and free dining for us will only be 10 days (we have to be back for school by Sept. 1) this is making me think of Universal...for 4 nights before FD starts.

Now I know that FD is not a given, but isn't it usually 2 Sundays before Labor Day?

I need to make my best guestimate because usually I can read about the BB offer before we go...However, this trip we are going to be there on the 15th of Aug. so I will not be able to read about the BB offer here on the DIS before I go

I hope I am being clearer than mud :rolleyes1 , I just need to figure this stuff early in order to save and so I can start working my magic on my DH for our 2011 trip :laughing:

TIA for your opinions

I am watching this thread because we are going Aug 16 2011 and want free dining then. I think it started last year on Aug 15, 2009 so hoping that is the date this year and next!!!

Amy

There is no way to know what they will offer in 2011. This year's official dates aren't even out yet. Last year the free dining promo started on August 15, but the previous 3 years before that the FD promo did not start until the last week of August.

Yeah.. anything anyone says here.. is a BIG TIME GUESS.

The economic conditions, Disney's promotional plans, room occupancy etc ... will all play into the decision as to whether or not FREE DINING is offered (as we know it) in 2011 and if so... exactly what dates.

Honestly - its really impossible to guess anything accurate at this point.

I should add, you'll be at Disney this year 'typically' when the rates for 2011 are just being set and released. You may find when you arrive the bounceback offer in your room only goes to the end of 2010. IF that's the case, call the number and ask if they have the 2011 offers yet and do so again towards the end of your trip when they SHOULD have them.

:)

Wow, I am waiting for 2010 dates and thinking it is still an eternaty away until they are announced. I couldn't imagine waiting to see 2011 dates. Good luck though! I hope it works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter