Free Diners - Share Your ADR Experiences

I am going to put the sheer misery of my horrible ADR booking nightmare on Wednesday behind me and share what I was able to secure after 5 hours of phone calls, 4 different castmembers and endless computer glitches.

August 18 Sci-Fi dinner
August 19 Kona Cafe dinner
August 20 Teppan Edo dinner
August 21 Tutto Italia dinner
August 22 Primetime Cafe dinner
August 23 Boma dinner
August 24 'Ohana dinner
August 25 Le Cellier dinner

Can't wait to go thru it all again for my October trip :scared1:!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We just got done calling this a.m. & no probs. Got everything we wanted from O'hana's to Chefs De France to see Remy! Was very pleased w/Disney Staff & glad to hear no computer crashes. :goodvibes:cool1:

What about O'hana's or Nine Dragons? We love Nine Dragons never went to O'hana's but couldn't get in 2 years ago and finally got in this year--we hear great things about them.

I'm still making reservations (we have a lot of days, so 90+10 was just the beginning for us), and I've only had trouble with one of them. Care to take a guess? Not Le Cellier, not 'Ohana, but Tusker House! :confused3 It took me 2 calls and I had to change times to get a lunch ADR. I assume it's because I wanted to get the priority seating vouchers for the Finding Nemo musical, but still. . . .

Hope everyone else is getting everything they want!

Here's my list - at least I think:

Always open to ideas and tips from others.

I have never tried any of these excepte Hoop Dee Doo

HOOP DEE DOO
CINDERELLAS ROYAL TABLE
LE CHEFS DE FRANCE
LE CELLIER
CORAL REEF
RAINFOREST CAFE (IS THIS INCLUDED WITH THE DINING PLAN?)
50'S PRIMETIME
SCI FI
CHEF MICKEYS
BOMA
WHISPERING CANYON

Let me have it......your thoughts :)

Rain Forest Cafe is not in the Dinner Plan. However we have eaten there many times and the food is delicious, especially the VOLCANO desert! We like the Pot Roast. :banana:

eeyoregon, just curious what time you were able to get Ohanas for on the 24th? I called at 7am on May 20th was on hold for maybe 5min and the first ressie I asked for was Ohanas and the CM told me the only time available was at 8:45pm! Nothing earlier was available on the 21st either. I am beginning to think that when I phoned in may have just been the beginning of all the computer troubles on that day. Really disappointed about the time of my ressie because I am not used to eating that late but have gotten alot of positive comments from other dissers who have gone that late and enjoyed watching Wishes from the restaurant. Just wondering if I was given the wrong info when I phoned in. I guess if anything else it will make be angst all over again :rotfl2:

Just found this thread so wanted to share my ADR's. Love reading through everyone elses.

8/15 1900 Park Fare @ 6:55 pm(hoping to watch Wishes from the Beach)
8/16 Tusker House w/Donald and friends @ 8:10 am
8/17 Crystal Palace @8:10 am
8/18 Tutto Italia @ 5:30 pm(a first for me)
8/19 Prime Time 50's Cafe @ 5:15 pm(time may change but defintely not resturant)
8/20 Chef Mickey's @ 7:30 am

Just found this thread so wanted to share my ADR's. Love reading through everyone elses.

8/19 Prime Time 50's Cafe @ 5:15 pm(time may change but defintely not resturant)

We will be at Tusker House at the same time!!

So, after being made "cruise director" (I secretly love it) I had to spend almost my whole day yesterday on the phone with Dis. :surfweb:We are party of 15 so making ADRs took forever!!!!! But please give thoughts on what we got...

8/22 CP Breakfast
Ohana Dinner
8/23 LTT dinner
8/24 Teppan Edo
8/25 Chef Mickey's
8/26 HDD
8/27 California Grill-This is tentative, because we are such a large party I've been dealing with them directly and of course the system crashed so they're going to call Tuesday with my Ressie number.

We've never eaten at Ohana, Teppan Edo, CM for dinner, or the California Grill. What do you think?????

we will be at Chef Mickey at 7:05,see you there

I hope to get....
8-31 Chef Mickey Dinner
9-1 Crystal Palace Breakfast - early as possible
9-2 Hoop De Voo Musical Review 5pm show
9-3 Le Cellier (lunch) & Tepan Edo (dinner)
9-4 Captain Grill
9-5 no sit down meal
9-6 Kona
9-7 Yak & Yeti
9-8 no sit down meal
9-9 Chef De France
9-10 Grand Floridian
9-11 Ohana (or Kona again if they are booked)
9-12 Olivias
9-13 The Wave

Some of the days can be switched around. I think we'll have a better chance for Le Cellier at lunch.

Since you are booking for 14 days(lucky you!) and most people only book for 6-7 days on an average, you may have a better chance of booking your Le Cellier ressie for dinner later on the 11th, 12th, 13th ,or 14th day of your trip for dinner (if you get a CM that will allow you to book those days) I have seen some reviews that say they got to book their entire trip and some that say their CM wouldnt let them, so hopefully you get a good one. If you want Le Cellier for dinner, and you get a CM that won't let you book the 11th-14th day, then I would still try and book your ressie for Le Cellier on the 9th or 10th day and definitely make that ressie your 1st request when you call.

Thanks for the tip!

Since you are booking for 14 days(lucky you!) and most people only book for 6-7 days on an average, you may have a better chance of booking your Le Cellier ressie for dinner later on the 11th, 12th, 13th ,or 14th day of your trip for dinner (if you get a CM that will allow you to book those days) I have seen some reviews that say they got to book their entire trip and some that say their CM wouldnt let them, so hopefully you get a good one. If you want Le Cellier for dinner, and you get a CM that won't let you book the 11th-14th day, then I would still try and book your ressie for Le Cellier on the 9th or 10th day and definitely make that ressie your 1st request when you call.

OK all I can say is wow! and I'm really dreding tommorrow when I call for myself! I called for a friend today and did all their ressies and you wanna say it took an hr to find availability for 11days! And from 8/23to abpprx 8/30 there was nothing for Leceiller, Teppan Edo, Garden Grill, Coral Reef, Tutto, Chef Mickeys, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi! I think I lucked out on some by switching days around the CM Marissa was very helpful! So here's what they got: (Also Note they are only a party of 3 1 AD , and 2 JR.s)

8/23 Wolf Gang Puck Cafe West Side at 7:30pm

8/24 O'Hana at 5:05pm

8/25 Grand Floridian Cafe at 5:05pm

8/26 Sci Fi Dine Inn at 5:30pm

8/27 Garden Grill at 5:45pm

8/28 Chef Mickey's at 6:35pm

8/29 Planet Hollywood at 5:00pm

8/30 Tony's Town Square at 5:05pm

8/31 Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:05pm

9/1 1900 Parkfare at 5:35pm

9/2 LeCeiller at 5:35pm

It was pure hell switching around days and times etc.. if you wanted to dine at 8:30pm it was all good! :scared1: So I am definitely not looking foward to tommorrow and I only need to make 4 as my other days are Grand Gatherings and already booked! I guess thank god for that!

OK all I can say is wow! and I'm really dreding tommorrow when I call for myself! I called for a friend today and did all their ressies and you wanna say it took an hr to find availability for 11days! And from 8/23to abpprx 8/30 there was nothing for Leceiller, Teppan Edo, Garden Grill, Coral Reef, Tutto, Chef Mickeys, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi! I think I lucked out on some by switching days around the CM Marissa was very helpful! So here's what they got: (Also Note they are only a party of 3 1 AD , and 2 JR.s)

8/23 Wolf Gang Puck Cafe West Side at 7:30pm

8/24 O'Hana at 5:05pm

8/25 Grand Floridian Cafe at 5:05pm

8/26 Sci Fi Dine Inn at 5:30pm

8/27 Garden Grill at 5:45pm

8/28 Chef Mickey's at 6:35pm

8/29 Planet Hollywood at 5:00pm

8/30 Tony's Town Square at 5:05pm

8/31 Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:05pm

9/1 1900 Parkfare at 5:35pm

9/2 LeCeiller at 5:35pm

It was pure hell switching around days and times etc.. if you wanted to dine at 8:30pm it was all good! :scared1: So I am definitely not looking foward to tommorrow and I only need to make 4 as my other days are Grand Gatherings and already booked! I guess thank god for that!

WOW.....I think these are good restaurants and GREAT times!! If you were able to get these GREAT ADR's, why are so nervous about yours? I think those are GREAT ADR's!!!

We will be at Pop from 20 Sep to 1 Oct, if I did the calculations correctly my ADR date is 21 Jun. I used a TA, same as the one I used in 2007, so she will get my ADR's for me, she did a great job last time, so I have high hopes.

Here is the list of restaurants I am hoping to get (some will be OOP)

9/20 D - Crystal Palace
9/21 D - Akershus
9/22 D - Hollywood and Vine
9/23 B - Donalds Safari Breakfast
9/23 D - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
9/24 L - Cinderella's
9/25 D - Garden Grill
9/26 B - 1900 Park Fare
9/26 D - Chef Mickeys
9/27 D - Whispering Canyon Cafe
9/28 D - LeCellier
9/29 D - Tonys Town Square
9/30 D - Cape May

Some CT restaurants we hope to do are

Earl of Sandwich
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbor House
Pinocchio Village Haus
Sunshine Seasons
Lotus Blossom Cafe
ABC Commissary
The Picnic in the Park in AK
Flame Tree BBQ
Pop Century Food Court

With the exception of a few TS breakfast, most will be in our room as we will bring breakfast food items.

We're also arriving 9/20 & we're told TWICE by 2 different CM's that our ADR date is 6/22. So I think you're calling a day too early.

After 1 hr and 40 minutes on hold this morning I got the following ADRs.

Most of them are for 2 A 2K. Teppen Edo and Chef Mickey is for 4 A and 2 K.

8/23
Garden Grill Character Dinner (we loved this last time) wanted 6:30 got 7:05

8/24
Teppen Edo (also our second time here) wanted and got 5:00

8/25
Chef Mickey's Character breakfast( late breakfast like last time)
wanted 11:00 got 11:05

8/25
Tutto Italia ( dh and I are going alone while the kids stay with my parents)
wanted and got 7:00

8/26
Whispering Canyon (going back because I liked it and it was fun for ds)
wanted 5:15 got 4:50

8/28
Hollywood and Vine Character Lunch wanted 12:00 got 11:55

8/28
Sci Fi Drive In (for ice cream) wanted 7:00 got 7:05

8/29
Crystal Palace (first time here) wanted 5:00 got 4:55

WOW.....I think these are good restaurants and GREAT times!! If you were able to get these GREAT ADR's, why are so nervous about yours? I think those are GREAT ADR's!!!

It was definitely a task and thats what worries me! It was a long time searching to get these times! I'm hoping the person who said they only open so many for that day is correct! That would definitely work! :goodvibes

after a total of 1 hr and 45 minutes on the phone, I got everything I wanted with a few slight changes, even got lecellier.

Monday 24
bk- crystal palace 8:15(wanted 8)
lun- plaza 1:00(wanted 1:30)
Wanted hddr for tonight but only the 9:30 show available

Tuesday 25
bk - Cape May cafe 8:00
Lun - Sci Fi - 1:35(1:30)
HDDR - 7:15

Wednesday 26
(wanted this to be epcot day but no lecellier so switched it)
Bk - Tusker House9:15(8:00)
Dn - Boma 5:05(4:30)

Thursday 27
bk - norway 8:15(8:00)
Lun - Lecellier 12:45(1:30)

Friday 28 - BIRTHDAY DAY:bday:
bk - Ohana 8:05(8:00)
lun - CRT 1:35(1:30)

Saturday 29
Bk - Chef Mickey 8:20(8:00)
Lun - Whispering Canyon 2:00

We are on Deluxe so have a few more credits to plan out or just use as cs when needed. But am very excited about getting everything I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!