France Germany Italy - wine tasting bars

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Can anyone tell me more about these please?
what wines? white/red? cost? yearround? if youd do it solo? etc

Germany has the "sweeter" whites....Rieslings, Gewurtz., Spatlese, Auslese.

I don't remember if they have reds....Germany is not too famous for those. :rolleyes1

We had a "glass" of the Gewurtz in August. Very refreshing. But you have to like sweet white (and we do!). I believe the Rieslings they offer are dryer.

Haven't had a glass in France, but I think it's mostly red. I think they had a George LeBeouf Beaujolis (sp?). But we don't really like that. None of their choices really caught our eye.

Haven't seen the one in Italy.

Good luck.

Well, we did all these with a family group last spring. But to be honest I can't remember the exact prices or wines. There were a number of selections to choose from in each country. In France we told them what we liked and they geared the tasting to out tastes. I want to say it is about $12-15 for 3 or 4 half glasses.

Where are these located? DH and I love wine.:love: Also, are they fairly casual, meaning can the kids be hanging out with us? Thanks!

At the Italian Pavillion, the wines are red and white both sweet and dry. Delicious!!!! And fun.

Funny, there must be something about turning 50!! This is exactly what I'm doing this year for my 50th birthday (Oct. 12).

Where are these located? DH and I love wine.:love: Also, are they fairly casual, meaning can the kids be hanging out with us? Thanks!

They are in the wine store parts of the world areas. Kids can hang out, but it is a wine store. In Germany, it's connected to the candy store. They could hang out there?

This is one of our favorite things to do in Epcot. Italy and France have both reds and whites, about 3-4 choices of each. Also usually one rose at each. I think I've probably tried all the reds at some point, and they are all good. They cost about $3-4 per glass. You get a small plastic wine glass, so you don't have to stand there to drink it; you can walk wherever you want, inside, outside, even on to the next pavilion. So if you are with kids or people who don't want wine, or if you are alone, you will be fine. France and Italy's wine bars and both located in their shops, and France also sells wine by the glass at the outside kiosk - the same one that sells the Grey Goose Lemon and Grand Marnier slushes, another favorite :)

If memory serves me correctly, in 2006, the Germany wine sampler was either $7 or $8, for 4 samples from different regions. They even had a small laminated map on the counter, used to point out the region of each sample.
Definitely sweeter wines in Germany. Mostly white wine there, as German wine production is 75-80% white.

There is a FABULOUS red (on the sweeter side) in Germany called Dornfelder. DH LOVES it and is not a big fan of sweet wines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!