Framed Art Work

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Each time we travel, I always tell DH that I want one of the large pieces of framed artwork that live on the wall next to the movie theater. Every time.
Has anyway purchased one of these amazing pieces?
How do you get it home?
Does Disney send them home for you? (obviously for a price)

We have seen the smaller ones at White Caps. How do you get them home without bending them?

Each time we travel, I always tell DH that I want one of the large pieces of framed artwork that live on the wall next to the movie theater. Every time.
Has anyway purchased one of these amazing pieces?
How do you get it home?
Does Disney send them home for you? (obviously for a price)

We have seen the smaller ones at White Caps. How do you get them home without bending them?
I am pretty sure that Disney will ship any of the large ones from their warehouse, you aren't buying the ones hanging on the wall. We purchased a smaller 24x18 maybe picture from the gift shop, unframed. We carried it home, easy since we were driving.

There is often a CM near the artworks that can answer questions and arrange sales. If no one is there, you can inquire at guest services.

I am pretty sure that Disney will ship any of the large ones from their warehouse, you aren't buying the ones hanging on the wall. We purchased a smaller 24x18 maybe picture from the gift shop, unframed. We carried it home, easy since we were driving.

We are too far away to drive...We could, but it wouldn't be our first choice. Will have to inquire on our next cruise....

Anyone else with experience with this?

No experience with purchase ...I think someone has mentioned that DCL does sell tubes for carrying unframed art. On DVC Member Cruises, Panama Canal, Transatlantic cruises many times we have been given prints in envelopes that were sturdy enough so the prints were undamamged in Travel.

We are too far away to drive...We could, but it wouldn't be our first choice. Will have to inquire on our next cruise....

Anyone else with experience with this?
There also is a mail/shipping place near the port. So if you take a taxi/rental car that could be a stop on the way to the airport. Not sure if there is a shipping place at the airport. I would bet that even if you take disney transport, if you had enough time before your flight you could take a taxi from the airport to the nearest fedex ups store and then catch a ride back to the airport.

im from the uk and will be on a med cruise next summer,my partner will want to get some of the prints/art work.
how does it work for us-will they ship it to our house?
can anyone help with an answer.
many thanks :ccat:

Every cruise I swear we are going to purchase one of those pictures.
Every cruise I look at the prices and change my mind! LOL

Every cruise I swear we are going to purchase one of those prints
Every cruise I look at the price and say "Next cruise. I'll save the money and get it next cruise."
Then DH reminds me and says "Yeah but how will we get it home." ...Minor details....

Yep I've purchased several times. You almost never are given the item on the wall. Last month I purchased a frame that had Disney Cruise Line spelled out in pins. The CM went backstage and got a "fresh" one for me and I carried it home since it was about 8x11. I've purchased other larger items that were shipped from Orlando. I think they are shipped for free but I could be wrong. If they charge it isn't outrageous.

Once it was taking longer than the 6-8 weeks that they quoted so I called to inquire about it and they had no order in the warehouse for it. I gave the CM my invoice number and she was able to track down my receipt and send it out to me. The ship forgot to send it shoreside or something happened in the processing. Remember to keep your receipt until you receive your artwork.

I know we have shipped art home to the US from cruises in the Bahamas/Caribbean. I think we also ordered a piece of art on a European cruise and had it shipped to our home from the DCL warehouse in Florida. There is a charge for shipping, but as I recall it was mostly offset by our platinum Castaway Club member discount.

When we have purchased smaller prints, we have packed them between clothes in a suitcase. Once or twice when we went to Disney Springs after a cruise we have brought the art in a carry-on bag to a rental car, driven to a Fed Ex location in Port Canaveral or near Walt Disney World, and bought a shipping tube to send the art home.

On our last cruise we got 2 pieces, 1 framed and 1 unframed. The framed piece was shipped to our home while we took the unframed one with us.

How did you get the unframed one home safely? Was there a cost to get the framed one home?
The unframed was smaller, maybe 11x14, and on a white board and wrapped in plastic. We just carried it off the ship in its own Disney shopping bag. My wife carried it the whole way and put on top of the carry on luggage in the overhead bin on the plane. The poster board it is on is pretty sturdy. This was also pretty reasonable compared to the framed one so if we weren't all that worried about it getting damaged.
Sorry I don't remember the shipping cost. As I recall there was no discussion on taking one from the ship, like that was the sample version. It could have been we just didn't want to deal with carrying it so didn't consider it.

We purchase each year...it is a nice bonus to get to use our DVC or platinum discount as it covered the shipping. Shipping was $40 from the warehouse in Orlando to Iowa and Oliver, the staff, said to expect it to take three weeks or so to receive. We ordered a signed and numbered acrylic that was framed...we requested the lowest numbered piece possible. We have always been very pleased with our purchase.

We purchase each year...it is a nice bonus to get to use our DVC or platinum discount as it covered the shipping. Shipping was $40 from the warehouse in Orlando to Iowa and Oliver, the staff, said to expect it to take three weeks or so to receive. We ordered a signed and numbered acrylic that was framed...we requested the lowest numbered piece possible. We have always been very pleased with our purchase.

Thank you. This is outstanding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!