FPs in MDE app are incorrect

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisneyFansInNYC, Jul 13, 2018.

1. DisneyFansInNYC

DisneyFansInNYC DIS Veteran

Has anyone else seen an issue with their fastpasses in the MDE app being different from the MDE on a computer? About 2 weeks when the new FOP FPs were released I changed around several days of FPs. The old FPs are in my MDE app yet on my computer the MDE has the correct FPs. I shut the app several times and reopened it.

I wanted to ask the boards first before I call. I am afraid if I call they will mess it up.
    Thanks in advance.

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Pretty commonly reported occurrence to have the website and app showing different things.

DisneyFansInNYC likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Did you pull down in the app to refresh it? I've found that simply opening and closing it doesn't show changes. You sometimes need to pull down on your plans to refresh.

5. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Have you hit the tiny "refresh plans" (in blue ink below the "Get Fastpass+) in the app? The new FP for some reason won't show up until you've "refreshed" and even then it has taken a couple times before it has shown correctly. And the "shortcut" that shows before you hit the "See All plans " seems to never show correct FP no matter what.
    Such a glitchy app

6. DisneyFansInNYC

Thanks - I haven't seen this before with FPs. I guess I don't make many changes but I have changed around things slightly - But these are completely wrong.

Thanks - I did refresh it several times - then closed it - then opened it and refreshed it again. Ugh!

7. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Just a thought. :( Sorry it didn't work.

FWIW, the website seems to be wonky today (I know, what's new), so maybe when Stitch quite being a pain in the butt it will show correctly?

8. DisneyFansInNYC

I did many times. Thanks - at least I know not to call. You guys are great. I know the ones on my computer are correct because I was scheduling a tour today and the CM saw which FPs we had and they were in AK - the app has us in HS on that day.

Monykalyn likes this.
  9. DisneyFansInNYC

That's what I am hoping for - at least I know not to call since you guys have seen this before. With the website I couldn't even log in today with Chrome - it would immediately log me out. I had to use IE.

Thanks again.

Dug720 likes this.
  10. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

I find that my FPs are generally correct on the app when I choose "Get FastPass+" (bottom lefthand corner) rather than "See All Plans." "See All Plans" generally seems to show my FPs as I originally booked them, while the most recent changes/updates show up in "Get FastPass+".

DisneyFansInNYC and jerseygal like this.
  11. jeff_h

jeff_h Mouseketeer

I ran into this same issue about a week ago when I changed FP reservations from one day to another, and the web site was correct and the app was still showing the old plans. I refreshed and signed out and back in to the app, no change.

Then I started the option (on the app) of starting to make another FP reservation for another day, and the first thing the app did was reach back to the server to check the current plans, and then it brought in the current plans and I hit "start over" and did not make any new ones but the correct FP reservations then showed on both web site and app.

12. CrazyHare

CrazyHare Waiting for our next trip...

Right now, I have a day that has 7 fast passes listed. I made some in AK one day, but had to change my days around. And made some in HS. Then I changed the time of one of them. So now I have all of those listed in the app. Once I click the ones I changed, they won’t open, so I know they have been changed. But it’s confusing. And I haven‘t been able to get to my fast passes on the website. I keep getting Olaf when I try to check there.

13. DisneyFansInNYC

I will try that now. Thanks so much.

I am sorry that you are going through the same thing but glad that it is not a problem with my account and Disney's problem.

14. DisneyFansInNYC

I was having issues with the site using Chrome today - I had to go to Internet Explorer - now that isn't working. Crazy.

15. mousestruck

mousestruck DIS Veteran

I had the same issue on several occasions... where the number of people was wrong on the app. It’s a glitch. Invariably, the issue would correct itself within a day or so... no rhyme or reason! Updating the app or logging out and back in may help, but I would not worry at all! Check back later this weekend and I bet evertything is correct again.

16. DisneyFansInNYC

Thanks - what bothered me is I made these changes 2 weeks ago. But it is reassuring that other people had this problem. Thanks again.

mousestruck likes this.
  17. Jinx62

Jinx62 Earning My Ears

Was having the same issue. I uninstalled then reinstalled the app and it fixed the problem

dixielanfan73 likes this.
  18. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

Try clearing your cache.

It's unbelievable to me just how bad their website functions -- I understand it is serving an incredibly enormous amount of data every second of the day, but they should have a big team, be cross-browser checking everything, and have lots and lots of server and data redundancies -- I just don't get how a company this big (and with this much $$) has digital services quite this unreliable.

19. DisneyFansInNYC

I agree completely. I will try clearing the cache. I didn't even think of it. Thanks!

20. jaysmom4285

jaysmom4285 DIS Veteran

Same sort of thing happened to me when I made a reservation for an HEA dessert party. At the last screen, it said that it couldn't process the request and to try again. I did, and it went through. But the MDE phone app showed two of them. I was concerned because that's an event that gets paid for up front, and I didn't want to be double billed. I called, and the CM assured me that only one had actually gone through and been charged. She said that the phone app is known for hanging on to "ghost" reservations and FP+ that have been cancelled or changed. Even tthough they know about it, apparently they still can't fix it.

21. DisneyFansInNYC

Thank you again. I cleared the cache and now Chrome is working. So crazy. :thanks:

jeff_h likes this.