FP Success for First Christmas Week Trip!

sbrost13

Mouseketeer
This is my family’s first trip over Christmas and I’ve read plenty of posts warning about insane crowds (which we’re prepared to deal with). But I did want to share some good news for fellow newbies who are heading to Disney World over Christmas. Today was our 60 day fastpass mark and we got everything we wanted including a bonus FOP day for Christmas Eve!! We’re a family of 4 going 12/21-12/28. We were able to snag FOP 60+3, 60+4, 60+7; Seven Dwarfs 60+5 (I did see this available in the afternoon for 60+1) and Slinky Dog 60+6 (there were still lots of times available for this as of this afternoon).

I’m fully aware crowds will be way crazier than in the summer, which is when we typically go. We love to rope drop the AM EMH park then hop to a different park and have several table service reservations throughout the trip to get away from the crowds. Hopefully this is a solid plan. If you’re a Christmas veteran and have any tips/suggestions, please let me know.

Good Luck to those of you who have your 60-day fastpass day coming up!

My FP day was yesterday and I was surprised to see that I was able to get Slinky Dog at 60 + 3 and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 60 + 2. With only four days in the park, I was worried I would be shut out on those.

Same - we were able to get all our FP+ choices this morning too. I was very worried but other than a slight malfunction of the system it worked fine and we have everything we want. I tried to push our “popular” FP+ choices as far back as possible but I got SDD for day 4, FOP day 7 and SDMT day 8 (and could’ve gotten it much earlier, but it wasn’t in my plan). We are a party of 10 but have at most 8 riding the coasters/FOP/Soarin’.

I’m still really dreading the trip for the crowd levels and utter chaos I’m sure we will encounter but at least I know my kids will have 3 rides per day guaranteed. We have lots of adrs booked and plan to take advantage of emh and rope drop whenever we can. I’m a planner when it comes to WDW trips but I’ve never had any desire to go at Christmas!

You are giving me hope. We are there the 1st through the 4th of January and I'm hoping for FOP on 60+3 and 7DMT on 60+2. My sisters are staying an extra day and hoping for SDD on 60+4. We will be waking up at 4am to see what we can done next week!

Yesterday was our FP window, too! We got everything we wanted, except Slinky Dog Dash. HS is our first park day, so 60+1. We will try to rope drop it. I was excited to score FOP for Christmas Day, and we got 7 Dwarfs at 60+6. I've debated moving HS to our last day to try and get Slinky, but we have Minnie's Holiday Dine already booked as well as our other FP's, so I don't want to mess with it. It'll be our first time going over Christmas. We normally go in October. I'm nervous about the crowds, but so excited to be spending Christmas in my favorite place!

Today was my FP day too and I got FOP for 2 days, SDD, SDMT, and pretty much everything I wanted. As bkfamilyof5 said, at least I know we have 3 rides guaranteed per day. We've never done Christmas week or any holiday for that matter, and I know it will be nuts, but I have dessert parties and good ADRs. I want it to be magical for my daughter, who got hurt there at out last trip in July and spent our time there in a wheelchair and still goes to physical therapy. She missed most of the good rides last time.

This is my family’s first trip over Christmas and I’ve read plenty of posts warning about insane crowds (which we’re prepared to deal with). But I did want to share some good news for fellow newbies who are heading to Disney World over Christmas. Today was our 60 day fastpass mark and we got everything we wanted including a bonus FOP day for Christmas Eve!! We’re a family of 4 going 12/21-12/28. We were able to snag FOP 60+3, 60+4, 60+7; Seven Dwarfs 60+5 (I did see this available in the afternoon for 60+1) and Slinky Dog 60+6 (there were still lots of times available for this as of this afternoon).

I’m fully aware crowds will be way crazier than in the summer, which is when we typically go. We love to rope drop the AM EMH park then hop to a different park and have several table service reservations throughout the trip to get away from the crowds. Hopefully this is a solid plan. If you’re a Christmas veteran and have any tips/suggestions, please let me know.

Congrats on booking your FP's :thumbsup2

We will be there Christmas week as well 22nd - 28th and we had no problem getting everything we wanted also including FOP, 7DMT and SDD. I was so worried at 6:59 lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!