FP for festival of the Lion King? Or what else for non-thrill ride?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
My current fast passes for our AK day are FOP, Kili Safari, and Expedition Everest. I was talking to my mom (she is 70) about fast passes for HS and she mentioned that Tower of Terror would be "too much for her."
So, now I'm thinking Expedition Everest will also be too much. I don't really enjoy getting wet so Kali river rapids is out. Dinosaur...maybe?
But I'm thinking our best option is one of the shows; Nemo or Lion King.

What happens in a FP for Lion King? Is it a specific section, or do you just go in first and select your own seat? Thank you!

FP seating for Lion King is sort of “directed.”
FP seating for Nemo is “general” (entire theater.)

Both shows you need to arrive about a half-hour before show time for FP.

I would FP Lion King. It can be busy. You basically get to go in before the stand by line. My 71 year old mom hates dinosaur, she thinks it is too jerky for her, and will also not ride ToT, but she will ride Everest. Maybe let her watch some videos first. It is a little Intense but not awful as far as intensity.

Our experience yesterday with a FP for this show was being let in after they started letting in the stand-by line. We still got ok seats, but we were among the first in the FP line, and when we walked in one section was almost full and there was a steady stream coming the door on the opposite side from where we entered.

I like both shows a lot, but I would FP lion king before I FP'd Nemo. We've always had great seats for Nemo with no FP, while I feel like FP helps more with lion king.

Another non-show option is Meet Dis Friends (Mickey & Minnie in adventure gear). I'm always a sucker for meeting Mickey and Minnie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!