FP Day is 10/24-- A few questions

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
I read over the FP FAQs (we haven't been to WDW in 2 years), but still have a couple of questions I was hoping y'all could help me with:

1) I've got a split stay-- a package first at All Star Music w/ free dining and 8 day park hopper tix (12/23-12/27) and then a conference at the GF (12/27-12/31), which is a room-only reservation. According to the FAQs, I should be able to book my FPs for the entire stay starting on my 60 day FP date (tomorrow morning). I'm having trouble getting the conference room linked in MDE, but assuming I solve that today, is this info accurate? I can book the entire stay's FPs tomorrow?

2) Our AK day is our first park day, 12/24. What are my chances of scoring a FOP FP at 61 days out?

3) If I can't score the FOP FP, we'll stick in an afternoon @AK on 12/29, our second Epcot day, but then that puts me in an Epcot FP conundrum. I have 2 boys, 12 and 14, so they couldn't care less about Frozen, but their mama likes the ride! If I choose a Frozen fastpass, what are the chances of scoring a Soarin' fastpass in the afternoon on our same day in the park? Should I take the chance or just go ahead and book Soarin' and give up on Frozen? If we can get the FOP FPs on 12/24, then I'll have 2 Epcot days I can book FPs for, and it won't be a problem, but I'm just trying to be prepared for all scenarios early tomorrow morning!

Thanks so much for your help! --Katie

I'd say chances of getting FOP at 61 days will be virtually zero unfortunately.

We haven't had issues getting Soarin' throughout the day as additional FP's plus, worst case scenario, the standby line should be shorter for Soarin' than FEA.

I had very good luck booking this morning for Christmas week. Saw Olaf a few times, but what concerned me was a message came up saying all fastpasses were taken at all parks for the day in question. Fortunately, it was not true. Keep refreshing! I used both the mobile app and the website. Hope it goes well for you!

I had very good luck booking this morning for Christmas week. Saw Olaf a few times, but what concerned me was a message came up saying all fastpasses were taken at all parks for the day in question. Fortunately, it was not true. Keep refreshing! I used both the mobile app and the website. Hope it goes well for you!
That's good news that there seems to be availability for some hard to get FPs. Can you see any availability for Flight of Passage on 12/24? We're a party of 4.

That's good news that there seems to be availability for some hard to get FPs. Can you see any availability for Flight of Passage on 12/24? We're a party of 4.

I've never seen FOP available at less than 60+3, and that is at lowest crowd times. For Christmas week I would expect it to sell out MUCH sooner.

I think you have a better chance of getting Soarin' as a 4th FP than Frozen, so if you want to ride both, I'd pre-book the FPs for Frozen and try to pick up Soarin' the day of.

It was my 60 days today for a 10 day trip and we got everything we wanted for Christmas week. I was shocked! Got FOP twice, SDD, Seven Dwarfs 3 times and
Soarin. I have teens too and we've done Frozen already and didn't care for it. It did crash on me half way through and I had to log in a few times to get back in but I was done by 6:30 central time. Good luck!

It was my 60 days today for a 10 day trip and we got everything we wanted for Christmas week. I was shocked! Got FOP twice, SDD, Seven Dwarfs 3 times and
Soarin. I have teens too and we've done Frozen already and didn't care for it. It did crash on me half way through and I had to log in a few times to get back in but I was done by 6:30 central time. Good luck!
This gives me hope! Thanks!

I just looked for you cause I could and FOP is available for a part of 4 on the 24th as of right now but it is evening times - 6:45pm is the earliest. Just so you can make plans.

Also, I booked our FPs yesterday morning and never could get the website to work but was able to book them on the app on my IPad - so I would be prepared with an alternative to the website.

Good Luck!

I just looked for you cause I could and FOP is available for a part of 4 on the 24th as of right now but it is evening times - 6:45pm is the earliest. Just so you can make plans.

Also, I booked our FPs yesterday morning and never could get the website to work but was able to book them on the app on my IPad - so I would be prepared with an alternative to the website.

Good Luck!
Thanks so much for checking! That helps a lot with my planning!

I think you have such a low percentage of getting FOP for 12/24 that you shouldn’t waste the first precious seconds of your morning going after it. Neither Slinky Dog or SDMT we’re nentiobed but if you plan on doing those, I would select those first and then secure FOP on 12/29

My 60 days was Sunday for our Christmas trip 12/20-12/27. I forgot about it until about 3pm. I got FOP (12/23) for the first time since Pandora opened. Also snagged SDD for Christmas Day and 7DMT for Christmas Eve.

I see someone was able to check for you. Had meetings during the day and I was unable to get back on until now. Good luck tomorrow!

I booked my FP+ yesterday. I just checked and I could modify both my SDD and 7DMT for 60+1 and 60+4 (to much later in the day, but still possible). FEA I could do anytime including earlier. Our FOP isn’t until day 8, so I’m not sure it would be accurate.

Unless you have a strict, non flexible park day schedule, start with going after FOP late in your stay. For you this is 66 - 68 days out, for many the window is not open yet. It increases your chances. Imagine a bar graph that starts low and gets higher as you go out each day. This is what happens as the 60 day mark passes for others. Best strategy is to go after the most difficult ones (FOP, SDMT, PPF, FEA, SDD) first. DISCLAIMER... We have never been during Christmas week. However; We have been during many other times of the year. AS long as we get these hooked, the others are flexible for several days after the 60 day window. In fact, I just checked on our trip the first week in December. On the 6th, the only attraction at MK with no FP availability is SDMT.

I booked my FP+ this morning. Had my laptop up and running at 6:45. Logged in and hit refresh at 7:00 sharp. I was able to get 7DMT at 60+1 (but dropped it for PPF), FOP at 60+2, FEA at 60+3 (dropped it for TT), SDD at 60+4 and 7DMT at 60+5. We didn't book any rides on arrival day, just a FP for illuminations. We plan on rope dropping 7DMT before hitting Dumbo and Barnstormer on our first MK day and since I was able to get 7DMT on another day, changing to PP seemed logical lol. The kids want pool time even though it may be cold so we scheduled all half park days so we can ride in the morning, go to our lunch ADR then leave to hopefully have less wait times before lunch if there is such a thing Christmas week.

I just looked and could change my fop FP+ for 60+8 to pretty much any other time during our day there, so it isn’t already sold out for that day (12/28). I booked that for a party of 4 but many of our other FP selections are for our whole group of 10 and it wasn’t a problem to get everything we wanted. I was really worried but it was a nonissue.

As of right now FOP for 12/24 party of 4 is available for 7:25pm and later.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter