FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. Lots of restaurants are outside of the parks. And let’s face it, that is a direct dollar for dollar upgrade, not a “perk”. Since you pay rack rate to get free dining, it is a direct incentive to book the deluxe resorts. Disney is not crazy enough to give a family of 4 more than double their resort rate in food with the regular dining plan. Nor would getting the quick service plan for the same family entice them to book rack rate at a deluxe. Those offers are a very specific & targeted sales offer. Not a resort level tiering perk.
Even though I am going solo, it was a savings of $200 to take the room discount and buy my QS dining. Disney is taking away the perks, understand it is a business. Although, if you have unhappy guests, people will go elsewhere. But, many of us will complain and we will still make plans to visit Disney,

Once you hop, all tiering rules go away. You could:

- Have one pre-booked FP in EPCOT (take your pick)
- Once you tap in for the EPCOT FP, grab a Tier 1 from DHS
- Go to DHS with no tiering rules and do Tier 1s one after another

This isn't my understanding of using FP+ when hopping. In May, we had FP+ for TSM in DHS. After using it, we booked NRJ in DAK. After getting off NRJ, we tried to book another Tier 1 in DAK, but were prevented from doing so, even though there was availability. I was told (on the FP+ thread) that we would have to have used a total of 3 FP+ (they could've been at DHS or DAK) in order for us to book another Tier 1 in DAK, but we'd used only 2 FP+s.

So I don't believe that "once you hop, all tiering rules go away." Please correct me if I'm wrong! @hiroMYhero, I'm hoping you'll see this!

Eh, those are just vacation packages. And it doesn't give you priority/special access, it's just a way to prepay for food. And I don't think those packages are exclusive always to deluxe resorts? Anyways, my point was there has never been access priority to parks based on hotel. They've never done an EMH for deluxe only, for example. Everyone has the same access to the parks whether you stay at a standard view studio at the All Star Resort or the Grand Villa at the Grand Floridian. And that's the way it should be!
I know, I'm being facetious. I still believe though that they could offer something for Disney resort guests that isn't offered to any of the good neighbor hotels without having a ton of negative backlash.

I know, I'm being facetious. I still believe though that they could offer something for Disney resort guests that isn't offered to any of the good neighbor hotels without having a ton of negative backlash.
There would be absolutely nothing wrong, in my opinion, with doing that. It's giving the Beach Club and Grand Floridian guests special access to a new land but not Pop Century guests that would be a major optics problem.

This isn't my understanding of using FP+ when hopping. In May, we had FP+ for TSM in DHS. After using it, we booked NRJ in DAK. After getting off NRJ, we tried to book another Tier 1 in DAK, but were prevented from doing so, even though there was availability. I was told (on the FP+ thread) that we would have to have used a total of 3 FP+ (they could've been at DHS or DAK) in order for us to book another Tier 1 in DAK, but we'd used only 2 FP+s.

So I don't believe that "once you hop, all tiering rules go away." Please correct me if I'm wrong! @hiroMYhero, I'm hoping you'll see this!
You do need to use all initial 3 FPs before you attempt to book another Tier 1 in the park where you have already used a Tier 1.

When hopping, after tapping in for FP#1, you are able to book a Tier 1 for Park#2 and Park#3. But because you used a Tier 1 in AK as your FP#2, you needed to use a Tier 2 in AK as your last “initial 3 FP” before looking for another Tier 1 in AK.

As I said, several people have. I'm not going to rehash.

Obviously those of us on this thread are not aware of any of these. So please give us some examples. I stay deluxe club level every trip. Except for being able to pay to buy into the CL trial fastpass program, I have no advantage over someone staying in a value or moderate resort. As far as I know, I have no advantage booking fastpasses or ADRs, and I get no deluxe resort exclusive Extra Magic Hours. Please, if I am missing some great perk for staying deluxe, tell me what it is so I can take full advantage.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong, in my opinion, with doing that. It's giving the Beach Club and Grand Floridian guests special access to a new land but not Pop Century guests that would be a major optics problem.
How would people feel if DVC members were able to score reservations but not guests staying on cash reservations? It wouldn't benefit me, but it's a much smaller pool to be able to ensure some sort of timed entry, and is rewarding the folks that are already "committed" to Disney. DVC folks get things like Moonlight Magic, discounts on events, etc. so it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to offer them the ability to reserve a time during their stays.

Obviously those of us on this thread are not aware of any of these. So please give us some examples. I stay deluxe club level every trip. Except for being able to pay to buy into the CL trial fastpass program, I have no advantage over someone staying in a value or moderate resort. As far as I know, I have no advantage booking fastpasses or ADRs, and I get no deluxe resort exclusive Extra Magic Hours. Please, if I am missing some great perk for staying deluxe, tell me what it is so I can take full advantage.
I too have stayed at only deluxe resorts for over 20 years and am DVC at BoardWalk Villas. Never once came across such a perk.

:wave2: (Had to find my hand wave emoji under the new software)

Respectfully, the subject of this thread is FP+ tiers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios 8/29+.

There are threads on the SWGE sub-forum where a SWGE/DHS reservation system are being discussed.

Theories about resort levels and FPs or other park benefits are best left to other parts of the DIS.

This thread is about DHS FP+ tier changes and discussion of how to best plan park time with this new arrangement in place. This is something completely new and many of us have questions or need to think through how best to plan.

Feel free to create spin-off threads for anything non DHS FP+ tier related that you would like to continue to discuss.

Extended discussion of other topics will be removed on this thread for being off topic.

Thank you.

Is this definitely confirmed news now or still just a rumor? This is my first trip back to Disney in 15 years and I'm having a hard enough time with the new planning process without all these curveballs being thrown every other day lol.

We are going late September with my parents, sister, husband and 3 kids all under age 6. Our HS plan was FP for TSM or possibly SDD; other than that we're staying away from TOT and most of the other headliners. So basically if this is true, it just means all of the things we were planning on doing (Frozen Sing Along, Muppets, etc) will just have longer lines bc people can only get one Tier 1 ride?

Might attempt to drag everyone out of bed for one day of EEMH and try to get everything done then but that might be even more of a nightmare. 😝

Is this definitely confirmed news now or still just a rumor? This is my first trip back to Disney in 15 years and I'm having a hard enough time with the new planning process without all these curveballs being thrown every other day lol.

We are going late September with my parents, sister, husband and 3 kids all under age 6. Our HS plan was FP for TSM or possibly Slinky Dog Dash; other than that we're staying away from TOT and most of the other headliners. So basically if this is true, it just means all of the things we were planning on doing (Frozen Sing Along, Muppets, etc) will just have longer lines bc people can only get one Tier 1 ride?

Might attempt to drag everyone out of bed for one day of EEMH and try to get everything done then but that might be even more of a nightmare. 😝
Yes, it is confirmed and active as CL FP+ are booking 90 days out and seeing this. Not ideal, but it is honestly understandable.

We are going late September with my parents, sister, husband and 3 kids all under age 6. Our HS plan was FP for TSM or possibly SDD; other than that we're staying away from TOT and most of the other headliners. So basically if this is true, it just means all of the things we were planning on doing (Frozen Sing Along, Muppets, etc) will just have longer lines bc people can only get one Tier 1 ride?

It's confirmed in the sense that people staying Club Level trying to book their FP 90 days out have been seeing this message. Disney hasn't mentioned it specifically though. But it's more than just an internet rumor.

You do need to use all initial 3 FPs before you attempt to book another Tier 1 in the park where you have already used a Tier 1.

When hopping, after tapping in for FP#1, you are able to book a Tier 1 for Park#2 and Park#3. But because you used a Tier 1 in AK as your FP#2, you needed to use a Tier 2 in AK as your last “initial 3 FP” before looking for another Tier 1 in AK.
@hiroMYhero--Love you! Thank you! 💜

If this happens, I am sure Disney will offer a full refund to guests with tickets purchased before but dated after the change since this would have a major effect on the guest experience. /s

Isn’t Extra and Extra Extra Magic hours is about. Letting WDW Resort people Extra time? Parks will open at 6:00 am for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter