FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true for RnRC but not ToT. Just looked at lists for 2014-current and ToT has always been tier 2.

ToT is one of those things I always assumed was tier 1, sort of like my brain lumps mission space into tier 1....

yeah, i agreed with that above. I think i was pretty annoyed when i wrote that post and wrote something that was incorrect.

It's still an annoyance to spend that kind of money, and only be able to get a fast pass for one ride (if i understand correctly).
If Star Tours is still available you’d get two rides. The problem with DHS is there are so few actual rides vs. other things like shows.

yeah, i agreed with that above. I think i was pretty annoyed when i wrote that post and wrote something that was incorrect.

It's still an annoyance to spend that kind of money, and only be able to get a fast pass for one ride (if i understand correctly).

Star Tours should be staying tier 2 from everything I have seen.

You are not guaranteed to only get on one ride. You just have to wait standby like the days before FP.
I remember those days without fastpasses and NO wait times posted either. You just got in line for the rides you wanted to ride with no idea how long it would take. And you didn't know how long the line was until you walked up! It didn't seem to bother me then. Also, we didn't have phones or cool displays to occupy our time while we waited! Ha!

Maybe i misunderstood something then, I understood the change would be 1 FP for a ride, then you have to use the other 2 on other things before you can get another one.
Well you aren't wrong, but I think it's semantics. Technically most all of the Tier 1's will be the rides, while the Tier 2 stuff will mostly be the shows/experiences. So in that sense you aren't wrong. I just took your post to mean you could only get one FP in total.

Before SWGE offers FP, this sucks for EVERYONE. But if they're planning to move to a 3 tier system and make SWGE rides tier 1, everything in tier 1 would move to a tier 2 and then tier 2 becomes tier 3.... I feel like that makes sense. But before that change happens.... No. Just no.

My September HS day is in the toilet. Might just drop it all together and go to Epcot instead.

What has everyone seen in regard to Star Tours being available as a tier 2 option?

According to the screen shots I saw, there was no FP availability for Star Tours or Fantasmic. It looked like they were eliminating them as FP options.

Last edited:
Before SWGE offers FP, this sucks for EVERYONE. But if they're planning to move to a 3 tier system and make SWGE rides tier 1, everything in tier 1 would move to a tier 2 and then tier 2 becomes tier 3.... I feel like that makes sense. But before that change happens.... No. Just no.

My September HS day is in the toilet. Might just drop it all together and go to Epcot instead.
In all honestly Disney might be perfectly fine with that. You'd still be enjoying Disney, and not adding to the crowds everyone is afraid of.

What has everyone seen in regard to Star Tours being available as tier 2 options?

According to the screen shots I saw, there was no FP availability for Star Tours or Fantasmic. It looked like the were eliminating them as FP options.

That's the 64 million dollar question.....

Well you aren't wrong, but I think it's semantics. Technically most all of the Tier 1's will be the rides, while the Tier 2 stuff will mostly be the shows/experiences. So in that sense you aren't wrong. I just took your post to mean you could only get one FP in total.
You could book just one FP if you want. You aren’t forced to book 3.

Not saying I know what’s happening but Star Tours has a higher capacity than some attractions so it wouldn’t be a bad thing to just stop FP for now.

I was thinking it's a decent people eater. Removing FP from the equation would make the standby lines move at a decent(ish) clip.

RE: Star Tours and Frozen: WDW Prep School has couple of posts about it. Waiting on confirmation. I would think they either stay tier 2 or FP goes away for them.

Just have to see when people can start booking at 60 days or if more CL guests come back to report.

I can see that, just throw all the attractions into one ride category and make people pay to book more than one from that category, because... hey, why not...

They can make tiered levels of the fastpasses you pay for! They have the CL 90 day ones, a normal 60 day one with multiple from the same tier... and the sad thing about something like that is I would pay for it because I would rather enjoy my time making memories instead of standing in lines. I don't have fond memories of waiting for things... (I also have 2 younger kids that don't do well sitting around)

They're pushing in this direction, CL fastpasses aren't subject to these restrictions, only the (would you call them complementary?) fastpasses.

Last edited:
You are not guaranteed to only get on one ride. You just have to wait standby like the days before FP.
That would be fine If the crowds were like they were when there were no fastpasses but clearly that is no longer the case.
I don’t love that we only get 1 good fastpass at Epcot but at least at Epcot you can go and see all the different countries.
I swear, every time I look, Disney decides to make a change that screws up this trip.

You could book just one FP if you want. You aren’t forced to book 3.
I'm sure this is on a FP thread somewhere, but if you book just 1 FP (tier 1), after you use it, can you book another tier 1 or do you NEED to use two tier 2's before being able to get a tier 1 as your rolling 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter