FP+ automatically cancelled with resort reservation cancellation?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Sorry if this is old news, but it is the first time that I have seen this stated in MDE:

I just cancelled a reservation for November and received a notice upon cancellation of the resort that any FP+ associated with the reservation would be cancelled.

However, I cancelled in desperation after trying to change it to a different resort - MDE would not let me change the reservation in any way, so I booked the other resort and then cancelled the first one. I tried to change it for hours and finally just gave up the attempt. MDE is SO FRUSTRATING!

So far, my FP+ have remained intact, but I am considerably upset by this. It seems that there should be a warning prior to cancelling if other aspects of your trip will also be cancelled.

This is the first time that I have seen this. Has anyone else seen this posted? Is it a new policy going forward? If so, it will definitely be a problem for us as we often change resorts as discounts or better options become available.

If this is the policy now, it's new to me. We also change plans and have been known to switch our resort after making FP. It is my understanding that as long as you have a Disney resort booked, nothing will happen to your FP. So if you want to switch resorts (more than 30 days from the last of your reservation, which is the time anyone can make FP), you should always book the new one before canceling the old one. if you cancel your resort after the time when the general public can make FP, your FP remain unchanged. If you cancel a resort and have FP and it's before the general public can make FP (at 45 days or whatever), Disney can/will cancel your FP. As long as you make a new resort reservation before canceling the old one, you're fine. At least that has been my experience. I've done it several times now without any difficulties.

I believe that if you had a package (room+tickets) then yes, because your tickets have also been cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter