Fourth of July ??

Jack_Sparrow_NJ

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip to Aulani for next July. I have just a little wiggle room in my plans. That being said should I plan on being at Aulani for the Fourth or is it better to avoid it?? Was anyone there this year, are there special activities?

We were at Aulani this year for the 4th. The staff told us it was the busiest day they have ever had at Aulani. I went out to look for chairs by the pool at 6:45 am and all the best chairs were already taken. The Lagoon area was crowded. People were staking out spots for the fireworks early in the day. Parking at Aulani became difficult. As you can imagine the crowds made it crazy. However, we kept a good attitude about it and had a great day at the resort. I would go again on the 4th. You just need to be prepared for the crowds.Fireworks were launched at 8:30 pm from a boat outside the lagoon. Other than that there was not much different about the activities at the resort that day. A small part of the crowd at the lagoon at approximately 7:30 pm July 4.

We were there on the 4th a coupe years ago. I would plan a fun day to stay at Aulani. Lots of residents start to arrive in the early AM to get their spots on the beach and they stay until the fireworks. Plan to have dinner at 'Ama 'Ama to coincide with fireworks time. The beach are surrounding areas will get super busy and crowded so be prepared. Everyone is there to have good time so it's one big party. Fireworks just keep going off for a good while with music for ambience as opposed to the a Disney-type fireworks show that is choreographed to music.

We've been there for two 4th holidays. On the first one, our room faced the valley so we couldn't see fireworks from the room without leaning way over the lanai. Better to be in the throngs on the beach or at the edge of the property. This year, we somehow got a room overlooking the Ka Wa'a grounds facing the ocean. We could see the fireworks from the launch point and all the way up into the sky. Very nice. Can't hear the music, but no crowds to deal with either. Don't plan to go anywhere afterwards, though. The road is completely clogged for hours with people trying to get out of the area using that one small road.

Were the fireworks visible from all/most oceanview rooms? And how long did they last?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter