Four Nights as Good as Seven?

BreauCat

Earning My Ears
We are in the countdown for our second Disney cruise - sailing on the Dream March 4, 2013. We did our first cruise with DCL in 2011 on the Magic and absolutely loved it - so much so, that I'm not sure why we didn't book another while on board. That is something we will certainly do this time - book our third cruise for 2014 before we disembark. I'm enjoying all the prep for this upcoming cruise -especially the Fish Extender gifts I'm planning and making. I am a bit apprehensive, though - our first cruise was 7 nights and I felt we had the opportunity to do most everything we wanted to do while on board. Because of scheduling, we are doing a 4 night cruise this time and I'm worried we may be disappointed with the duration of this cruise. :idea: I guess that will be incentive to book a third cruise::yes:: Anyone else cruised with a shorter itinerary after doing a longer one?

We have taken several 4 and 3 day Cruises after the 7 and 10 day Cruises. Each Cruise has its Magic and what you make of it. Our scheduels have changed ove the years with our childern getting older and I love any vacation we can take together. The 4 day cruises we took on the Wonder had plenty of time to have fun and enjoy!

I believe it is all in the expectations. We did the transatlantic cruise that was 14 days and at the end no one was ready to get to land. The 7 consecutive sea days were great and very relaxing. I have also done the 3 days and it was great to expose my son to cruising. I think if you go in with the expectation that it is different you will love it.

It will all be up to you and your expectations. If you set out to do ALL things, you might be disappointed. Of course a 7-day is going to provide you with the opportunity to do more. Just remember that the thousands of cruisers with you are trying to get everything done within the 4-days. I enjoy watching cruisers rushing around trying to get it all in......

Relax and enjoy the 4-days and rebook on board!

Enjoy

I had the same feelings and we decided to book the 4 instead of the 6 this time around. Sometimes I get itchy to get home after about 4 days... so hopefully we made the right decision too. It was tough b/c the 6 night was only a couple hundred dollars more...

I couldn't really comment as to which is better for your family, as we've only taken a four day. That being said, we are taking a five day for our next cruise. Our thinking is; it's obviously longer than a four day which did feel a little short. However, it still gives us some time before or after the cruise to do other things. A few days in Disney World or a trip to the Gulf coast (our favorite!):beach:

We are in the countdown for our second Disney cruise - sailing on the Dream March 4, 2013. We did our first cruise with DCL in 2011 on the Magic and absolutely loved it - so much so, that I'm not sure why we didn't book another while on board. That is something we will certainly do this time - book our third cruise for 2014 before we disembark. I'm enjoying all the prep for this upcoming cruise -especially the Fish Extender gifts I'm planning and making. I am a bit apprehensive, though - our first cruise was 7 nights and I felt we had the opportunity to do most everything we wanted to do while on board. Because of scheduling, we are doing a 4 night cruise this time and I'm worried we may be disappointed with the duration of this cruise. :idea: I guess that will be incentive to book a third cruise::yes:: Anyone else cruised with a shorter itinerary after doing a longer one?

I prefer longer but I always like the longer vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter