Found a Deal on Disney Gift Cards!

GoofItUp

DIS Veteran
I received my weekly HEB (Texas grocery store) circular in the mail today. Starting tomorrow (11/28, running through 12/4) there is a promo where you save $50 when you buy $300 of gift cards with in-store coupon. I don't know any other details, but you can bet I'll be there tomorrow to see if there are any limitations! Hoping it will yield a 17% savings on my DVC dues!

Cool! We have been taking advantage of a similar deal...buy $50 in GC get $10 free, so spend $500, receive $100! It is for an area shopping center, so lots of stores (Best Buy, Target, Ulta, and many, many more). So...loading up on Disney from Target, and Amazon from Best Buy + shopping in the center for the next year. Love the 17% discount on top of any sales going on. Was awesome on Black Friday!

Only Disney problem is that we like to rent points, so can only use the GC on park tickets + food.

I received my weekly HEB (Texas grocery store) circular in the mail today. Starting tomorrow (11/28, running through 12/4) there is a promo where you save $50 when you buy $300 of gift cards with in-store coupon. I don't know any other details, but you can bet I'll be there tomorrow to see if there are any limitations! Hoping it will yield a 17% savings on my DVC dues!

Thanks for posting! I tossed all my flyers without reading them as usual! I need to go to HEB tomorrow anyhow so I'll try to find one.

Thanks for posting this! DH does all our grocery shopping so I never see the fliers.

Went to HEB this morning and bought 5 $300 cards for $1250! The coupon says only 1 card per purchase, but the manager let it slide because I was paying with a debit card. I'm tempted to go to a different HEB and get some more to use to pay for our park tickets!

I wonder if it is just certain HEB stores. I found my circular after I read this and I don't see it advertised :confused3

Will definitely make a trip tomorrow though to find out for sure.

I am in San Antonio and didn't see it.

Ill go to the store and see.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is an in-store coupon. They had the coupons at the HEB on 410 and Bandera in San Antonio. I picked up one for $300 today and will be picking up at least two more $300 cards. That will completely cover my February solo trip.

sissy_ib said:
It is an in-store coupon. They had the coupons at the HEB on 410 and Bandera in San Antonio. I picked up one for $300 today and will be picking up at least two more $300 cards. That will completely cover my February solo trip.

Thanks. I'm in Leon Valley so will stop by.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's about time I have been waiting for a deal for my upcoming trip. :cloud9:

I just came from my North Austin HEB and saw this coupon. 16.7% off Disney is great! It's the 2nd best deal I've seen, after a 33.3% off Disney deal in December 2010.

But this is the deal I have been waiting for in anticipation of my DLR trip in January.

Four 5-day PH passes cost me exactly $900, so with three $300 Gift cards from H-E-B, they will cost me just $750. I'll likely get $600 more for meals and souvenirs for just $500, so H-E-B just handed me $250. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I will be checking out the HEB 's in round rock tomorrow. I need some more Disney, amazon and Southwest Airlines cards.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do they take the amount off first or give you cash back? Can someone explain how this works? I am thinking if I can combine this discount with the senior discount my mom would get thru disney, we may stay at PPH instead of the Sheraton!!!!

Do they take the amount off first or give you cash back? Can someone explain how this works? I am thinking if I can combine this discount with the senior discount my mom would get thru disney, we may stay at PPH instead of the Sheraton!!!!

This deal is a Yellow coupon, meaning they will only charge you $250 for $300 in Gift cards (or $85 for $100 in gift cards if that is all you want). It's not a Catalina coupon that prints out for you to use on your next purchase.

WOW! Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen any Disney GCs at my local HEB but that doesn't mean they don't carry them! Going check out this deal tonight.

WooHoo!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Thanks so much for posting this information. I just got back from my HEB (south of Houston) and I purchased (4) $300 gift cards. Got $50 off of each one so I paid $1000 for $1200 worth of cards.

I immediately went out to my car and called and checked the balance on them to make sure they had processed correctly. That always makes me a little nervous.

I'm actually planning on getting probably another 4 cards as I have a short trip coming up in Jan and then a more lengthy one in May :cool1:

I just went over lunch and bought $1500 in Disney Gift Cards for $1250. $300 per transaction, 5 total transactions. Very pleased with the purchase. You can get the gift cards in any denomination. On some tranactions I bought $300 cards for $250. On other transactions I bought three $100 cards for $250 total, etc. Always $300 total gift cards for $250. Now off the buy theme park tickets.

** WARNING **

The H-E-B I went to today at lunch was out of the Yellow coupons. Luckily, I had grabbed 5 coupons last night while shopping (when they had at least 100 still on the hook), knowing I was going to go home and figure out which credit card I was going to use and then come back and use the coupons (I ended up using my Disney Visa for an extra 1% is Disney Cash making the total discount here 17.7%).

But the point is ... don't wait. Even though these coupons are good from 11/28 to 12/04, they may run out today, like they did at my H-E-B. I am not sure if you can go to customer service and ask if they can print you off a couple. I'm so glad I pocketed the coupons last night. Although I bet other H-E-Bs in my area still have them.

Cool! We have been taking advantage of a similar deal...buy $50 in GC get $10 free, so spend $500, receive $100! It is for an area shopping center, so lots of stores (Best Buy, Target, Ulta, and many, many more). So...loading up on Disney from Target, and Amazon from Best Buy + shopping in the center for the next year. Love the 17% discount on top of any sales going on. Was awesome on Black Friday!

Only Disney problem is that we like to rent points, so can only use the GC on park tickets + food.
Based on your screen name you and I must live very close to each other and I too bought gift cards there - to use at Best Buy and Target..never thought about buying the Disney gift cards with them!!

Thanks for the idea!!

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

It worked out perfectly for me...our trip to Disney is in a week & a half..& for my birthday my parents gave me $50 & my hubby $200. I used this $250 of birthday $$ & got a $300 gift card to disney...now I've $50 extra to spend on our trip!

My HEB told me that they have a limit of $1000 per day on this deal. :(. I hope they still have the coupons. The person that I spoke to acted like it was part of the sales ad, and that I did not need a coupon????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter