Found a 4 day ticket from 1991. One day not stamped!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by curlyqs, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:32 PM.

1. curlyqs

curlyqs Earning My Ears

We have our trip planned for November. My mom was cleaning and found an old ticket from 1991. It is a 4 day ticket and 3/4 days were stamped. I know it is not expired, but how do I go about using this? I already have my package with hotel, hopper, and dining. This ticket does not have a hopper option. Any ideas welcome!
    TIA

2. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

I would save it for a short trip when you will only go to a park for one or two days or even a trip where you might go to a park on one day and a hard-ticket event (MNSSHP or MVMMCP) on another. Tacking this one day ticket on to a stay for which you have longer, multi-day tickets, will dilute its value.

Texans_loyal, curlyqs and Alesia like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jarestel

jarestel DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Any of the older non-expiration tickets are still valid so it can still be used. And since it was issued when all tickets had the park hopper option, you can still use it for that as well.

Texans_loyal and curlyqs like this.
  5. gatorlisa

gatorlisa DIS Veteran

I agree with the previous poster who recommended saving it for a short one or two day trip. However, I do have a recommendation for you since as far as I know, there's no way to link a paper ticket that old to your account. I would recommend taking the ticket with you on your next trip and visiting Guest Relations to have the remaining entitlement transferred to the modern ticket media (plastic ticket/card). This way, when you do decide to use it, you'll be able to link it to your MDE account and reserve Fastpasses using it.

6. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

This completely. My mom and I each had three days worth of tickets from 1991 (mine were even youth tickets and they honored them as an adult ticket). We could not add them to MDE until we were at guest services. Once they were added, then we could use them for FP and such. We went at a low time, and my mom only enjoys a few if the headliners, so it was fine for us. Actually, it was kind of liberating to find out how much I didn't have to plan in advance, yet I was still able to pull off a great trip seeing pretty much everything we wanted. But that's a story for another day.
    Just as an FYI make sure to double check on the expiration date, if you plan to convert the ticket, but don't plan to use the ticket soon. I'm not positive, but I believe they do give it some sort of expiration date once converted.

7. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

I would not convert the ticket until you're ready. By converting it early you will be giving it an expiration date.

8. rinnythepooh

rinnythepooh Mouseketeer

We had two tickets from 1992. We brought them to Guest Services the day we wanted to use them and they converted them. We were not given the park hopper on them. We still had the receipt!

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

1. You SHOULD have been given the "Hopper" option. (How do you know you did not get it?)
    2. With that, if there was an error, you can get it fixed.

10. rinnythepooh

rinnythepooh Mouseketeer

This was about 4 years ago. I had asked if it was good for park hopper. Customer Service said no, one park only. They kept the ticket and the receipt. No big deal now, but would have liked to have receipt for a scrapbook. It was our honeymoon.