Fort Wilderness x-mas decorations

Meglen

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this is a answered somewhere but I used the search function and came up empty.

When do folks start to decorate camp sites for Christmas at the fort? Going the dec 13-18th and would love to see some camps decorated.

I apologize if this is a answered somewhere but I used the search function and came up empty.

When do folks start to decorate camp sites for Christmas at the fort? Going the dec 13-18th and would love to see some camps decorated.
I don't know but can refer you to the Ft. Wilderness forum where I'm sure you'll get good information!

They will be decorated by then. We were there in early December last year, booked one of the holiday sleigh rides and saw a ton of decorations.

Lots of sites are decorated even before Thanksgiving.

By that time in Dec. Almost everyone will have finished setting up. Be prepared to be amazed! Even if you've seen pictures and videos I promise it in no way can prepare you for seeing it in real life.

I'm certain there will be Christmas decorations, but I'm wondering if it will be "scaled back" this Christmas season, since a number of the "big decorators" are among those who come and stay for longer periods of time (greater than a month). Given Disney's apparent enforcement of the "30-day rule" beginning in January, I wonder if some folks may scale back, given the amount of time/effort required to put up/take down the decorations. It will be sad, if that does happen. Probably a bigger concern for Christmas 2023.

We like to go around Thanksgiving. We always put up our Christmas Decorations when we arrived. Sometimes we would do something small for Thanksgiving, then full blown on Friday after Thanksgiving on our Christmas decorations. Have lots of fun!

I'm certain there will be Christmas decorations, but I'm wondering if it will be "scaled back" this Christmas season, since a number of the "big decorators" are among those who come and stay for longer periods of time (greater than a month). Given Disney's apparent enforcement of the "30-day rule" beginning in January, I wonder if some folks may scale back, given the amount of time/effort required to put up/take down the decorations. It will be sad, if that does happen. Probably a bigger concern for Christmas 2023.
Even people who only stay a few days to a week will still set up elaborate displays.

Even people who only stay a few days to a week will still set up elaborate displays.
I guess it depends on you define elaborate. I'm talking about the "dozen" or so regulars who go completely over the top. These folks often take a week......just to set up their displays. I know one who has over 60 "blow ups"....and counting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter