Fort Wilderness horseback riding

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I am looking into a few things to do to make my daughter and granddaughter's first WDW trip extra special.
Thinking about doing breakfast at Trail's End then going for a horseback ride.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Have you done it? Did you enjoy it?
They ride a few times a year and I haven't been on a horse in 20 years. I love horses and think this might be fun.
The reviews are hit and miss. Lots of people sounded kind of bored with it.

I am looking into a few things to do to make my daughter and granddaughter's first WDW trip extra special.
Thinking about doing breakfast at Trail's End then going for a horseback ride.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Have you done it? Did you enjoy it?
They ride a few times a year and I haven't been on a horse in 20 years. I love horses and think this might be fun.
The reviews are hit and miss. Lots of people sounded kind of bored with it.

We have done it a few times, and my kids really enjoy it. They have a weight limit of 250lbs (DH is just over that so couldn't go). It's a trail ride, and I would suggest going early. We went at 10 and by the time we got done, it was getting hot out. It wouldn't have been as enjoyable if it was in the hot afternoon. We saw some animals on the train, and we had fun. If it fits in our schedule, we would go again without hesitation.

We did this a few years back. It is a *very* slow trail ride. The horses walk in one straight line, nose to tail, at a sedate pace. If you have experience with riding you will likely be bored. However, the very young kids on our ride had a blast. We went through Florida scrub, with not much to look at, as they got restless the cast member started shouting out question (Favorite Disney character, etc.). There was a bit of excitement when a small snake showed up and everyone had to look, but otherwise super calm. Everyone is required to wear a helmet and closed toe shoes, both of which can get hot.

Thanks Raya. I'll talk to the kids about it. They might think its TOO slow.

It's definitely not a thrill for a rider. It is a ride gauged towards those who have little to no experience on a horse. We did it last summer because our daughter was riding actively and loves Disney - so, putting the two together was ideal. That said, I would not go for the sake of going on a horseback ride - there are much better experiences out there for that. If, however, saying you rode at Disney is a boon (which it was for us), it is worth it!

Yeah, it would be fine for me, but a bit boring for them. We talked and they like to gallop and trot and stuff. Not mosey along. We will probably rent a boat instead! They have a boat so each of them drive boats a lot.

Yeah, it would be fine for me, but a bit boring for them. We talked and they like to gallop and trot and stuff. Not mosey along. We will probably rent a boat instead! They have a boat so each of them drive boats a lot.

Just FYI - I believe that drivers on Disney rental boats need to be 18. Just don't want a teenager to think they are going to be able to drive and be disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter