Fort Wilderness cabins?

cupcake

Mouseketeer
We were thinking about trying the cabins for an add-on get away after a conference my dh is going to in Orlando. There's a good annual passport holder's rate, and it looks kind of cute. All I have been able to grasp so far is that the accessible cabins are in loop 2800, which appears to be near the entrance into the resort. I think I need an accessible cabin, although I can manage in a regular bathroom (with some risk if it is a regular tub), to be able to get my ECV inside to charge it at night. The pictures of the regular cabins show steps. In addition, there seems to be a parking pad by each cabin, but from what I can tell, you can't drive around the resort to get from place to place; you drive in and park at your cabin and then need to take the internal buses.

Has anyone stayed here? Any comments on the cabins or activities would be appreciated. We would have a car and are fine driving to the parks with the ECV. I can walk short distances without a problem.

Thanks!

:wave: Cupcake

Good Morning - We have stayed in accessible cabins for the last two years. My Mom has limited mobility and uses a wheel chair so I can't speak to the ECV. The accessible cabins are wider so we had no trouble with the chair. The bathroom was wonderful and Mom did not have to step over anything. The buses on site are all kneeling. We usually walked/pushed the chair everywhere. I thought Ft Wilderness was very accessible.

You might check the Transportation boards, but we think there is a boat from Ft. Wilderness directly to the Magic Kingdom. This should be accessible also. Check out the dinner shows; they are very popular and may be reserved two years in advance.

Ambassador said:
You might check the Transportation boards, but we think there is a boat from Ft. Wilderness directly to the Magic Kingdom. This should be accessible also. Check out the dinner shows; they are very popular and may be reserved two years in advance.
When we stayed at WL a few years ago, the boat was sometimes shared between FW and WL. Most of the time, the boats are accessible, but there are were signs that said "because of changing water levels" the boats are not always accessible to power wheelchairs or ecvs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter