Fort Laundry - What do I need to know?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
Our upcoming trip will be the first time we've ever needed to do laundry while at the Fort. What do I need to know? Do they tend to be busy? Can it be hard to find machines? What is the payment process? Any info/advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

Was pretty easy. Definitely get some type of hamper. We have 2 rolling ones that are tall and skinny. Really easy to get it to the laundry room. While i didnt personaly do the laundry, it went quick. There is also a way to have you phone go off to show you its done. There was no need for that if you can tell time!

We were in 1300 which shares a comfort station with 1200. I never had trouble getting a machine. I did find that during the day was less busy than evening.

Bring/use your credit card.

Instructions to use the machines are in the laundry room on the walls.

I believe there is a link/app to let you watch your machine's progress via the web to know when it's done.

Bring/use your credit card.

Instructions to use the machines are in the laundry room on the walls.

I believe there is a link/app to let you watch your machine's progress via the web to know when it's done.
We used the app and it was extremely handy and easy.

Also, if you are vacationing from outside of the United States like us here in Canada, we don't use our Canadian Dollar credit card and pay s/c and exchange so we purchase a laundry card at The Outpost desk. Not many know or remember about that.

Our upcoming trip will be the first time we've ever needed to do laundry while at the Fort. What do I need to know? Do they tend to be busy? Can it be hard to find machines? What is the payment process? Any info/advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
Check out this video. RoadTrippin are very knowledgeable about everything Fort related pretty well and will answer questions directly if you have any. Here's one just on the laundry room.

We use the Laundry View app to check first to see if machines are available and to monitor the 'time left' on our load(s), then head out when there's 1-2 minutes left. It's really convenient and saves time!

We've always used a CC for the machine.

@morrik5 Is there an advantage to the laundry cards other than the Canadian CC issue? OK, what I'm asking is do you get a 'discount' for using one? 🤑

We use the Laundry View app to check first to see if machines are available and to monitor the 'time left' on our load(s), then head out when there's 1-2 minutes left. It's really convenient and saves time!

We've always used a CC for the machine.

@morrik5 Is there an advantage to the laundry cards other than the Canadian CC issue? OK, what I'm asking is do you get a 'discount' for using one? 🤑
No discount, just made it easier because as you mentioned, the currency exchange and foreign service charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter