Fort Lauderdale to Disney

lovbeinmom

Mouseketeer
Anyone know how long of a drive to expect? We will be driving early morning on a Sunday. Thanks

Roughly 3.5 hours from the airport area to the Disney gates. PLEASE take my advice and take the turnpike all the way to Osceola Parkway...don't try to take I95.

I am glad to hear 3.5 hrs. A few people have told me 6 hrs and I was getting a but worried. All plans are in place and I was worried that it might take 6 hrs which is too long for a one night trip.

Why not I95?
Do you have complete directions?

Roughly 3.5 hours from the airport area to the Disney gates. PLEASE take my advice and take the turnpike all the way to Osceola Parkway...don't try to take I95.

Oh dear God....no 95!!! I made the drive from WDW to Pompano Beach, about 20 mins north of Ft Lauderdale. I took the FL Turnpike to Jupiter, then over to 95 and down to Pompano!!! It was probably the worst 45 mins of my life.....80-85 mph, bumper to bumper, in the RIGHT lane!!! It was horrifying. But, I figured that both my gps and Mapquest told me the same route, so it must be right. Come to find out??? I could have just stayed on the Turnpike, right into Pompano...would have dropped me about 2 miles west of 95!!!
You will find everything incredibly well marked in Florida....so, as you leave FtL, obviously head west. Most of the main drags will get you to the Turnpike.
But, I have to tell you....I will never, ever take 95 while in Florida again. I even avoid it once I get to the coast....take Rt 1 pretty much...or 1A...slower but much more pleasant!!!

It does, in fact, take just over 3 hrs...driving at a reasonable pace. I think I could do it faster now that I've done it before and am more familier with the roads in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter