Former Lurkers why so long to post?

MrsNesbitt

just back from Disney
I was intimidated by all the wonderful trip reports. I felt once I started to participate I would feel obligated to write one. Pre-trip, live-trip, post-trip I would not know how to start. :confused3

We have a small list of Guidelines, but I promise you there is absolutely no requirement to write a Trip Report! :) I have written 2 post trip report and they were only because I was with a group of Disers and we promised the friends that couldn't go we would tell the whole story. I have never written about any of my family trips.

There is no requirement to post on any specific board, to post a particular number of times a day or anything like that. Just jump in when you feel like and relax and enjoy yourself! If you are like me you might end up finding the best friends of your life here.

Lurkers, come out and say "Hi"!!! :wave2:

Thank you. It would be nice to have more friends that understand "that Disney thing." So many of my friends here in the NW just don't get it.

Don't worry - you are now among friends who totally get "that Disney thing"! :)

I lurked for quite a long while too because I was kinda intimidated by all the experienced DISers. But everyone has been so friendly and helpful that I wish I had joined much sooner! :disrocks:

Well I for one, was just too busy reading all of the AWESOME info here to remember to complete my registration!!! Member since 2003 and just started to post.....:confused3 :confused:

10.gif

I think for me, it was less being intimidated and more just trying to taken in the massive amount of information available here. :) I am glad to be back for my second trip and trying to be more active!

'Cause I had to come up with another new ID & password! :sad2:
Also, didn't have anything of use to anyone to post - so I waited until I wanted to join a fridge swap!

'Cause I had to come up with another new ID & password! :sad2:
Also, didn't have anything of use to anyone to post - so I waited until I wanted to join a fridge swap!

That's how I feel also. I have been to WDW countless times but I feel I have nothing new to contribute.

Well I for one, was just too busy reading all of the AWESOME info here to remember to complete my registration!!! Member since 2003 and just started to post.....:confused3 :confused:

I log on a few times a week and there is so much I have not read. I never know how to reply so I just sit quietly in the back and observe. It is funny I am not that way outside the boards, I most always jump right in. Hmmm

I too only log on a couple of times and love to read all the wonderful trips reports. But who knows, I may actually write one myself this time. Just over 40 days until we leave!!

I lurked a couple of times when I wanted tips and ideas for my vacations. I first visited the site last year but only joined as a member this week. I think I felt that the old time DISers knew more than me and that I couldn't possibly offer anything new that anyone hadn't heard but when I saw an unanswered post about a resort I had visited I finally found a reason to post - I could help someone on DIS for a change! :hyper:

I log on a few times a week and there is so much I have not read. I never know how to reply so I just sit quietly in the back and observe. It is funny I am not that way outside the boards, I most always jump right in. Hmmm

Afraid of keyboards egh....................:confused3

Hello!! I too have been a lurker for a couple of years now. I was very intimidated. Everyone here knows so much, this forum is amazing!! I finally decided last night to jump in and maybe one day I will be able to give some knowledge. I am very glad to be here and will no longer be a lurker from this day on. Thanks everyone for bringing me out of the shadows:cool1:

pixiedust: Welcome, MinnieMousePink! pixiedust:

From another former lurker:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter