Former lunch menu BOG pork lovers...

arielmomma

DIS Veteran
How is the chicken as a replacement for the pork?

My family loved the braised pork at BOG. We will be visiting WDW in September. I made a few reservations at BOG for lunch before the switch to chicken. I was wondering what people's recent experiences have been since the menu change. Thanks.

What!? I thought the braised pork was their signature item? How could they get rid of their best dish???

I had the chicken last Wednesday (7/3). Before then, I had only ever ordered the pork. The chicken was good and I would order it again, but it wasn't as good as the pork. But it was still tasty.

I hope my son likes the Braised Chicken because that is what he wanted even though he is a bit picky. I wanted that too but I ordered the Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese sandwich with fries) in case he doesn't like his and wants to switch. Last year I did have the braised pork and it was very good and later in the week I got the French Dip which was good also.

Our family had the chicken the first day they rolled it out. It's still pretty good, but not nearly as good as the pork, IMO. Plus, the portion size was quite a bit smaller.

Wow! I hadn’t heard that they traded pork for chicken. That was my favorite item on the menu. I guess it’s ok that the rest of family doesn’t really want to go again

I'm so sad about this switch, the pork was delicious and I ordered it every time we ate lunch there, plus the portion was large enough to share. I'm guessing this might have been a cost saving switch.

The pork at BOG is the only food that disagreed with me at WDW. It was actually on my birthday and an hour after lunch, wowzers...not fun.

Our family had the chicken the first day they rolled it out. It's still pretty good, but not nearly as good as the pork, IMO. Plus, the portion size was quite a bit smaller.

I noticed this too. My daughter and I used to always share a turkey sandwich or grilled ham and cheese no problems. We can not share anymore. I think their portions are getting smaller

The portions are smaller, too? Bummer! 2 pork meals used to feed my family of 4. Now that the kids are pre-teens/teens who knows what it will take to satisfy them!

I had the chicken (kids version) yesterday. I really didn’t care for it AT ALL. I assume it’s the same as the adult version as far as prep and taste. I loved the pork. I won’t order it again. Was very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter