Formal night on 4 night Bahamas cruise?

Mrbruin2k

Earning My Ears
Leaving on 4 night Bahamas/Castaway cruise on May 6 and couldn’t find info is there is a formal night? I see pirate night but couldn’t see anything definitive about formal night.

Thanks in advance

Usually the shorter cruises have an optional dress-up night. And for a 4-night I would assume it's similar to the longer cruises where it's your day at sea (not including the first day since people might not get luggage until late). That's what I seem to recall from ours although it was quite a few years ago.

We are cruising soon on a 4 night and our itinerary said night two is an optional semi-formal night. For our itinerary it would be the Nassau day.

There's an optional dress-up night. You'll see very little real formal wear like suits or cocktail dresses. I always wear a skirt or dress and DH and DSs wear dress shirts and ties with Dockers-type pants, which seems to be what most people do. There are also a fair number of women in nice capris and men in khakis / polo shirts, and a sprinkling of people who don't dress up at all.

Off topic but I am also on the May 6 cruise. Do either of you have young kids? We have a 21 month old boy and a 4 year old girl

Sorry no, we’re empty nesters and not traveling with the grandkids this trip, but they are tweens.

6F9DDD08-64FC-467C-8346-ED7236485D1D.jpeg

I’m packing today and just came across my navigator from my cruise only 2 months ago (mid February 2019). We had cruise casual ALL 4 nights

Sorry no, we’re empty nesters and not traveling with the grandkids this trip, but they are tweens.

We have kids as well as the 3 families we are traveling with. Age ranges from 6-13... 7 girls 2 boys.

Leaving on 4 night Bahamas/Castaway cruise on May 6 and couldn’t find info is there is a formal night? I see pirate night but couldn’t see anything definitive about formal night.

Thanks in advance
It varies by ship. The Dream has an Optional Dress-Up night on 3 and 4 night cruises. The Magic only offers Optional Dress-Up night on cruises 5 nights and longer.

You can look at recent Personal Navigators for each ship & type of cruise at Disney Cruise Line Blog:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Last edited:
I’m also on the May 6 cruise. Yep, no formal or semi formal on the 3 or 4 night cruises. Makes packing a lot easier. It’s pretty much cruise casual.
You're cruising on the Dream, so there will be an Optional Dress-Up night. No need to participate, though.

You're cruising on the Dream, so there will be an Optional Dress-Up night. No need to participate, though.

Could be the difference. I was on the Dream in September 2019, but barely remember. Our cruise in May is our #20th Disney cruise. I have a 7 night on the fantasy August 31, 2019, so have to pack the fancier things then.

When we went on a 4-night cruise on the Dream in September 2018, I don't believe there was an actual formal night listed. However, on the very last night there were a ton of people dressed up in their semi-formal or formal clothes and taking pictures by the stairway in the atrium. If my memory serves me correctly, that was actually one of the only times we ever saw a photographer there anyway.

4 nigjt on Dream usually had the optional semi formal night. We've seen people go all out and dress to the nines for this, but we have never participated. We just wear our usual cruise casual clothes. There are plenty of people that do the same, so don't worry about looking out of place if you choose not to participate in the semi formal attire.

We are on the first/main seating, on pirate night do families go to dinner dressed up or do they get changed after dinner and then head to the deck party for the show???

We are on the first/main seating, on pirate night do families go to dinner dressed up or do they get changed after dinner and then head to the deck party for the show???

We have been main seating each sailing, and most people dress up as pirates for dinner. We didn't do it one year, and we felt so out of place since everyone else was dressed as pirates.

Count me as a member of the 'doesn't dress up' crowd. I will eschew a t-shirt for a nice button up, but its still shorts and sandals (hey, I'm on vacation, dressing up is too much like work). Kid will usually wear a dress and the wife falls somewhere in-between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter