Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

First stop was to Kringla Bakeri for breakfast. I had a Troll Horn which was delicious but is now gone after the refurb
Noooo :sad: they had a similar dessert at the Contempo a couple of years back, but it just had cream filling in the "horn", no berry filling. Might be worth checking if you miss it!

My eyes. Everytime
:rotfl: TOO MUCH HHN, Alyssa!!!!

I know paper is the traditional first anniversary gift; I didn't realize lemon desserts were the 65th!
:confused3 That does seem really odd. I didn't like this cake at all when I had it, the only part I DID like was the lemon! Maybe it was better at the festival.

After the show (which Zack later admitted he fell asleep during
Men... ha. Mine did too, I'm pretty sure....

I guess it all comes down to how much time you want to spend doing the math :P

I did this too for a while, trying to track what we would have saved with APs versus TIW and at some point I just quit keeping track. We drink enough on vacations that I'm fine just sucking up the cost of the TiW each year. Somehow it makes me feel better about springing for an expensive glass of wine every once in a while. When you're traveling with a big group and have some mechanism to get paid back after using TIW, it totally makes sense as TiW is paid for after just a few meals.

Another great report! Thanks for taking us along! And, again... Happy Anniversary!

Catching up here!

dtWCoSxl.jpg

9wOBS6Hl.jpg

I never realized they had your names on the exit monitors!

34SPW7bl.jpg

Anyone can take a photo of the restaurant doors, but only I can get one with Zack wandering in front of them! :rotfl:

I think you waited for him to get in front of the doors to take the picture!

I basically force Zack to get:

QNiIZDyl.jpg

French Onion Soup - Topped with a Crouton and Gruyere Cheese $10

Would he not have gotten this if you didn't make him? I'm glad he got to try it though as the onion soup is so good!

I think I mentioned I had picked up a refillable popcorn bucket earlier in the trip. It seemed great because I would just hook the bucket handle around my purse strap, and you could barely tell it was there! Except a few times, the lid wasn't there! And I'd look back to see it laying a few feet behind me :sad2: So this night as we got off Dumbo, I clipped the bucket on the edge of the car, and the lid almost rolled into the water underneath the ride! :scared1: I think I about fell in trying to grab it. Imagine if they had to close down Dumbo because an adult fell into the pool! :rotfl:

Uh Oh thankfully crisis averted! I spilled popcorn in 7DMT before. It was so embarrassing!

My only beef with this dish (I'm so clever) was that the description said crispy fried potatoes, and these were chips. I even saw the bags in the booth! It just had me expecting little fried diced potatoes. But this was still really good, and I basically got it all since it was a beer fondue. Can't drink beer, but I love beer cheese. Zack won't touch it.

I had this before but my chips were stale so I wasn't very into it. If the chips had been fresh I would have been fine with it.

He forgot he a second bag of shirts. :confused3

Hahaha, did you pack for him and he just did know? Or did he actually pack for himself?

If APs just had the regular 10% discount everywhere, they would have saved us $187 so we would have been even more ahead. And I think I forgot to take out the alcohol, so APs really would have saved us slightly less.

Yup on TIW the alcohol is really the kicker. But yes you are right the AP discounts being 20% was the real differential last year.

U78qEV9l.jpg

Chocolate Pretzel - sweet raisin pretzel glazed with icing and chocolate $4.99

Side note - why do they not tell you this has RAISINS in it?? :crazy2: I made this sad discovery last week after we went in and confirmed my Troll Horn was really gone.
Blek! Raisins! This always looks like it is under cooked to me. Did Zach like it?

nF8iqdvl.jpg

Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA) – $4.75

We thought this was good, though wished it was bigger (bread is one of my four main food groups). Had it again this year, but after being to Sanaa, it's definitely not the same! But a nice snack in the park.
I am torn on whether to try this or not... Part of me wants to have that little bit of Sanaa and the other part of me doesn't want to ruin it...

4P6NjO1l.jpg

Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses – $5.00

My only beef with this dish (I'm so clever) was that the description said crispy fried potatoes, and these were chips. I even saw the bags in the booth! It just had me expecting little fried diced potatoes. But this was still really good, and I basically got it all since it was a beer fondue. Can't drink beer, but I love beer cheese. Zack won't touch it.
This is def on my must try list.

Side note - why do they not tell you this has RAISINS in it?? :crazy2: I made this sad discovery last week after we went in and confirmed my Troll Horn was really gone.
Are the raisins new after the renovation? Because we got the chocolate pretzel last September and I definitely ate it, which I wouldn't have done if there were raisins! :rotfl:

So because I am a nerd always in search of the best deal, I tracked not only this trip but every other one we did on these APs/TIW card, and compared what we saved to what we would have saved with just our APs.
No judgement here - I'm going to be doing the same thing next year!

I think you waited for him to get in front of the doors to take the picture!
Secret's out, I directed him over there!
Would he not have gotten this if you didn't make him? I'm glad he got to try it though as the onion soup is so good!
He's a huge onion fan, I don't know why he's never tried it. He was being all wishy-washy... like I don't know if I need that, it's extra $$... that's my job on vacation! :rotfl:
I had this before but my chips were stale so I wasn't very into it. If the chips had been fresh I would have been fine with it.
We ran into lots of stale chips last month. I didn't get to have this again though :(
Hahaha, did you pack for him and he just did know? Or did he actually pack for himself?
He was involved in the packing. I won't pick his clothes out for him or anything, though I often end up folding/rolling them since that's not his strong suit. But I made him divide them up into two packing cubes... :confused3
Yup on TIW the alcohol is really the kicker. But yes you are right the AP discounts being 20% was the real differential last year.
It's huge! The AP discount was really nice though. I decided to roll the dice on TIW again this year, so we'll see how we come out...
Blek! Raisins! This always looks like it is under cooked to me. Did Zach like it?
He did! It wasn't bad when I tried it last time, but even without the raisins I don't know that I'm dying to go back (I don't think either of us were - he got Troll Horns every other trip after trying mine).
I am torn on whether to try this or not... Part of me wants to have that little bit of Sanaa and the other part of me doesn't want to ruin it...
I would just... try not to compare it :) It's good, I think some of the dips are similar to Sanaa. But the bread is nowhere near as good.
This keeps happening to me too!
It's so weird! And then I had a really terrible one last month, we couldn't stop laughing.
Great trip report. Congrats!
Thank you!
Are the raisins new after the renovation? Because we got the chocolate pretzel last September and I definitely ate it, which I wouldn't have done if there were raisins! :rotfl:
Maybe they did. I didn't have any last year and Zack wouldn't know - he won't go out of his way to eat them or anything, but while I was picking them out he kept saying it wasn't a big deal, so I don't think he would have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out.
No judgement here - I'm going to be doing the same thing next year!
I can't help it! I have a million spreadsheets floating around.

Basically me.
Oh my goodness, Zack! :laughing:
Yes! It reminded me of the time my sister had a basketball tournament out of town, and one family (where the husband and one kid were ADHD) had to go buy everything at Walmart because the husband left the bags sitting in the garage next to the car... Zack's mom is pretty convinced Zack is undiagnosed minor ADHD, so I better always make sure everything is packed...

Noooo :sad: they had a similar dessert at the Contempo a couple of years back, but it just had cream filling in the "horn", no berry filling. Might be worth checking if you miss it!
I'll have to look into that!
:rotfl: TOO MUCH HHN, Alyssa!!!!
It seeped into my soul...
Men... ha. Mine did too, I'm pretty sure....
The worst part was, he wanted to see it again on the other trips because of that, but it was down both times! We did make it last month though.
I did this too for a while, trying to track what we would have saved with APs versus TIW and at some point I just quit keeping track. We drink enough on vacations that I'm fine just sucking up the cost of the TiW each year. Somehow it makes me feel better about springing for an expensive glass of wine every once in a while. When you're traveling with a big group and have some mechanism to get paid back after using TIW, it totally makes sense as TiW is paid for after just a few meals.
If we were closer/there more often, I would just be happy with TIW and not track. It makes me feel better about getting a cocktail! And we'd probably do even more TS then, so I'm sure it would work out. We decided to roll the dice on it again this time, since we plan to do one or two days next summer with Zack's parents. Also perhaps his brothers too, but they had no interest in saving 20% last year :confused3 And we were able to use it at brunch with Raeven and Josh, and then split the bill after. I'm tracking again... it's like a game to me :rotfl: We've saved $171 so far, but would have saved $62 with APs... so $41 behind so far :)
Another great report! Thanks for taking us along! And, again... Happy Anniversary!
Thank you!

congrats on your wedding! I love the energy you shared in your report! Thanks for giving all the details!!

We got married in Maui, and ironically, it was cheaper than being married in NJ because less people came, and we saved big time by holding wedding on Monday(no one is looking at the day when they are in Hawaii)

ILcg3GLl.jpg

The boutonnieres, which I was making an hour before we left for the airport - I almost forgot to do them!

Here's a few more shoe photos, in case you weren't on my PJ. I got them custom made from Pixie's Tiny Things on Etsy/FB.

5dXKNIJl.jpg

SLzalRBl.jpg

kk1b2ndl.jpg

These shoes are absolutely incredible! Between Winston, Doug, the Beauty and the Beast quote and the paper airplane I'm near tears! These are so special and such an amazing choice! I feel self important when I wear these bad boys:
81fO9jBKwRL._UX395_.jpg

But they do not even hold a candle to your shoes! You look beautiful and I love the idea of a Disney wedding off property! That way the thousands of dollars you save can be put to good use elsewhere. Doing your pictures at the Swan and Dolphin was brilliant you did such an amazing job with everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter