Forcast says rain

Nsaudra

Mouseketeer
Im looking at the 10 day, almost everyday has rain.
What is there to do in the rain? I dont want to be stuck in the hotel with kids.... not a vacation.

It’s Florida, the forecast is totally unpredictable. It usually says rain every day, most days it’ll be for a short duration and then back to a nice day. Some days it may not rain at all. That forecast will change 10 more times at least in the next 10 days.

There are many indoor attractions or shows that you can do in the rain. I’ve only once ever gone back to the hotel because of rain and that was partially because I was sick too. I get $1 ponchos for everyone pack one a day and throw away when the rain stops so I don’t have to worry about carrying a bunch of used ones around.

Im looking at the 10 day, almost everyday has rain.
What is there to do in the rain? I dont want to be stuck in the hotel with kids.... not a vacation.
When we were there last time it rained nearly every single day. Not all day, but good portions of each day. We had ponchos, rain cover for the stroller and just went. We got an extra poncho to put on the seat of the stroller for the kids to sit on. The biggest downside for the kids was not swimming as much as they would have liked.

One afternoon it was raining particularly hard and we stayed in MK while lots of other people cleared out. Once it stopped about 30-40 minutes later we enjoyed barely any lines! My advice is have at least two pairs of park shoes per person in case they need to dry out.

It always rains on our trips, always. Not every day, but a lot of the days. You don't stay in a hotel room, you get your rain gear and go have fun!

We prefer rain jackets to ponchos; the Columbia ones we all have aren't too hot. We wear Keen or Teva sandals, not socks and shoes, on days it might rain. Everyone is different, but there is no way I'm walking around in wet sneakers. I wear a hat to keep rain off my glasses.

It always rains on our trips, always. Not every day, but a lot of the days. You don't stay in a hotel room, you get your rain gear and go have fun!

We prefer rain jackets to ponchos; the Columbia ones we all have aren't too hot. We wear Keen or Teva sandals, not socks and shoes, on days it might rain. Everyone is different, but there is no way I'm walking around in wet sneakers. I wear a hat to keep rain off my glasses.
I'm with you on the shoes! When it is that wet, I want something that keeps it out completely (likely too hot and heavy most of the time at Disney), or lets it drain out quickly and completely!

As everyone has said it rains a lot in Florida but most rain is in the afternoon/evening and then it clears up. It can be nice because people leave the parks so rides are easier in the evening if there was a good rain storm. I’d bring a good quality poncho, think carefully about shoes, and continue on. Disney has a lot of indoor attractions so you should still be able to do a lot.

Rainy days always mean fewer people. Splash in the puddles and have a great time.

We just returned from our trip. When I planned as the trip got closer, I checked the weather and it had rain for half our days there (and they would changed daily at that). This wasn’t going to stop us but you know how many times it actually rained? Twice, one time it sprinkled for 5 minutes and the next time we were in MK and it rained in the afternoon for about 15 minutes. We hung out in a store until it stopped and went to our next FP. That was it. It may have rained while we were on rides or in shows but didn’t realize.

I had forgotten this (see how important the rain was?;)) but during our adult trip last December, it rained for almost the entire first week. We wandered around the parks (mostly WS), meandered along the Boardwalk, did a few rides over at AK, bowled and did some holiday shopping in Disney Springs and searched (unsuccessfully) for a figurine set of the cast of Black Panther for one of my sisters. Only thing we didn't do that week was swim.

Ponchos! Just buy them before you go instead of in the parks... save yourself the money!

It poured rain during our MK day our last trip, but so many attractions and queues are inside nowadays that it wasn't the end of the world. I think the only soaking wet queue was for Haunted Mansion, but by then, the rain had slowed down some... we just stayed under the awnings and didn't get to play around with the stuff in the queue as much.

Really, it's just a question of planning those rainy days around indoor attractions, particularly longer ones.

Our rainy day on our last trip was the best day! We sat under an awning in AK, waiting out the first downpour and eating popcorn, continued to tour, waited out the second downpour in a shop and then ate an early dinner, and the park totally cleared out. We rode Kali twice in a row as a walk on in the drizzle, laughing hysterically and totally drenched, we scored same day FoP FPs, we walked into RoL less than 10 minutes before it started and got second row seats....it was fabulous! And we got to see some cool stuff on the safari both before and after the storms! If you can wait out the worst of it, it's so worth it afterwards.

I, personally, don't like ponchos. Too much plastic flapping around. For one of our trips last year it was looking really rainy for most of the trip. So I bought a rain coat with a hood and brought it with. Turns out, it rained A LOT while we were there and that rain coat, with a hood, was a life saver. I put on a baseball cap and then pulled the hood up over that and went about our day. The brim of the cap kept the rain out of my face and I didn't have to fight with all of the excess plastic and water flying everywhere from the poncho.

Hopefully your trip won't be like that one, but if it is, just don the rain gear and go out and play. :boat:

The single best day we have every had was an all day rain event in Epcot. We got umbrella's and just soldiered on. Almost no one was in the park. The only thing we missed out on was Test Track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter