For Viki

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
I thought I would dedicate this story to Viki, in light of her recent loss.....

We have friends in town this week, a single woman and her two kids. They and my partner just left on a three day Disney cruise. Because of my work schedule I had to stay back here in Orlando. Well, today my partner called me from the Bon Voyage party on the ship. He went up to the bar and ordered a drink, what does the bartender say?

Hey where is Mike? Does he want a Rum Runner?

Viki, I knew you would be proud! It's quite a statement when a bartender on a cruise ship remembers you! :rotfl2:

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mike - that is classic!!!

Maybe we should all have a dirty martini in Viki's honor ... but since I have no idea what they taste like I think I'll have some wine instead (although a rum runner sounds pretty good!). I hope you're doing well Viki.

Well it only gets better folks!

As part of the cruise deal my partner and I traded cars for the week. I gave him the "going out to dinner vehicle" that I normally drive so he could fit everyone in for the trip to the ship.

In return I got the "going to Home Depot" vehicle for the week, no problem right?

Till a big spender very good frind of mine comes in town and invites me to dinner!

So yes folks........I got to valet park a pickup truck with an 8 foot CB antena on it tonight at the Westen Grand Bohemian in Downtown Orlando! Any idea what an 8 foot CB antena sounds like grinding on the roof of a parking garage at a Westen sounds like? Any idea what kind of look the parking guy gives you when the parking break is out, about 10% of the interior lights work, and the clutch sticks..........OUCH! But hey, I had a great dinner, and got to listen to a great jazz band! And Sunday I can take this beast (sans a 3 inch lift....... whatever that is) to Home Depot! So Viki, you had better have some good "wake/funeral stories" to top my week!

Oh and the partner called from the ship, one of the kids lost a baby tooth last night at dinner, blood everwhere! See what happens when you leave your lover at home to feed the pets! Carma works!

Seriously though, hope all is well with you in what can be a terrible week!

Mike

Hey, guys, thanks for starting and contributing to this thread; it made it easier for me to find my way back home.

OK, this is the bottom line. Because of our three schedules, heavy with previous committments, and Dad's desire to be creamted, my brothers and I delayed the funeral service until this Wednesday (Yes, Ash Wednesday - that will be one I will never forget as I officiate at services in years to come. Talk about the concrete remembrance of death in the midst of Lent).

So, I was in CT to teach all week. It was a good distraction, but now reality is setting in and must be lived.

I'll think of you all on Wednesday and I will do my very best to find and imbibe a dirty at my earliest opportunity.

For those of you who have been outrageously kind in offering to make a donation in my Father's name, he died of lung cancer and so something along those lines would be very appropriate indeed.

Friends, I haven't met all of you and those I have only briefly, but you guys are simply the best and very much appreciated. And thank you, Pete, for taking a thread and offering to make it a home.

OK it's time to get back to the magic!

Love ya!

Viki - I'm glad you checked in, I was beginning to wonder if something had happened. Loss is never easy but when it's marked by dates that have meaning it makes it harder. I'll be thinking of you when I'm at Mass on Wednesday. Since technically I have to fast on Ash Wednesday I guess I can't have a drink in your honor (darn Catholic rules!)... but wait a minute ... I think I have a loophole ... it's just one full meatless meal that day ... I don't think there are any dictates about alcohol! :thumbsup2

I will make a donation to the cancer society. Keep your spirits up ... just remember that there is always more Disney and another Dancing with the Stars in the future!

Viki,

I too was getting worried about you, it was nice to read your post! But you are right, it's time to get back to the Magic!

I am going to voluntEAR at Give Kids the World one day as soon as I can in your fathers honor.

And knowing as many Catholics as I do, and that's a lot, I can assure you Lent has nothing to do with alcohol.............It's all about red meat, so as long as your olives are not stuffed with steak, it's all cool!

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Mike :cheer2:

Viki!

I am so glad to see your return to the board. Like others, I was just a little worried when I didn't get to see any of your joyful posts in a while. As always, you will be in my heart during this difficult time on Wednesday. I only wish there was a little more I could do then just give you a virtual hug.

I would be greatly honoured to make a donation to fight that horrible disease in your father's honour. Personally, I have always donated to the Canadian Cancer Society as it is the largest organization here in Canada. If you know of one more appropriate let me know.

Noah.

True North said:
Viki!

I am so glad to see your return to the board. Like others, I was just a little worried when I didn't get to see any of your joyful posts in a while. As always, you will be in my heart during this difficult time on Wednesday. I only wish there was a little more I could do then just give you a virtual hug.

I would be greatly honoured to make a donation to fight that horrible disease in your father's honour. Personally, I have always donated to the Canadian Cancer Society as it is the largest organization here in Canada. If you know of one more appropriate let me know.

Noah.

You guys are simply the best and I think both Give Kids the World and the Canadian Cancer Society sound lovely. Thank you!

... I, for one, better, and soon, because I am inside the new 180 day mark for ADRs and I haven't set one for our 20th anniversary trip!

Viki said:
For those of you who have been outrageously kind in offering to make a donation in my Father's name, he died of lung cancer and so something along those lines would be very appropriate indeed.

My condolences. Just wanted to say that ACS got a donation in his memory.

/carmi

majortom said:
My condolences. Just wanted to say that ACS got a donation in his memory.

/carmi

Thank you very much. I told my brothers yesterday what some of you were doing and they were very grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!