For Those Who Purchased Airfare Outside The Dcl

SPZcurly13

Earning My Ears
I purchased my airfare for my 3 day land/4 day sea package from airtran. I have a flight leaving the morning of 10/20 which will get me to orlando by 9:30. It is my understanding that once I put the DCL tags on my luggage, they will collect my baggage at the terminal and take it to my resort, and then when the night before the transfer to Port Canaveral, they will collect my luggage to take to the port. Then we we leave the ship, the night before we do the same, put our luggage in the hallway, they take it , and the next morning, we go through customs, board the bus, and go to the airport , our luggage will get on the plan using the tags from dcl.
If i notified my TA of my flight info, should I assume they have my flight info at Disney, or should I call them. Will the transfer options work for airtran flights ?
What number do I call to verify all of this :bride:

SPZ

I'm assumimg that you purchased the transfers from DCL for transportation to and from the port. You will get the luggage tags with your documents. I would still check with the DCL cast members at the resort for bus times and pickup location. DCL does not pickup at every resort.

As far as checking your baggage at the port, AirTran is not one of the airlines that allows you to check at the Port's curb. (Northwest, Continental, Delta, US Air and American were the only airlines with check in at the Port)You may want to check with DCL to see if AirTran has been added. If not, you will have to collect your luggage before going through customs and then have them loaded under the DCL bus. Even if Airtran is part of the curbside airlines, you will still have to collect your luggage, go through customs and then check them with airline.

Enjoy your trip,

Pocono

I would never trust it - I'd always collect my bags myself and physically give them to the coach/limo driver.

In addition to poconoboatniks post, you will get different luggage tags to put on your bags the last night of the cruise....you would then take off the first set of DCL tags or your bags may end up back on the ship!!!

In the terminal at Port Canaveral all bags are separated into different colored sections based on cabin number......hence the need for the new tags...they coincide with the sections in the terminal. For example, one of the colors are red and it has Captain Mickey on it. Another tags may have Tinkerbell on it, etc. It makes it very easy to find your luggage in the terminal.

You will have to collect it yourself and bring it through customs....get a porter as it makes it so much easier. They are fast and efficient in getting the luggage moved out and only require a tip of about 1-2 bucks per bag (well worth it). I often just round up to a $10 or $20 depending on how many bags we have. The porter will bring your stuff to the DCL bus if you have transfers, or to your personal or rental car shuttle.

Are you on an offical land/sea package? If so, then you most likely have DCL tranfers booked already so yes, you would put the tags that come with your docments on the luggage at your home airport. If you are a Land/sea you only have to check in once at the hotel and they will check your cruise documents.

If you booked the land and sea portions separately...DO NOT put the DCL tags on until the cruise portion. You would then have to check in at your WDW hotel and again at the port for the cruise portion.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter