For those that order room service late at night

Cookies and milk - yes!! Just wondering, for those who have ordered room service, how long does it take after ordering?

Cookies and milk - yes!! Just wondering, for those who have ordered room service, how long does it take after ordering?

They ALWAYS tell you it will take 30 minutes, and then sometimes they deliver in 5 minutes.

After 3 days in the MDR..I'm full. I can't imagine, ordering room service.:faint:

We had early dining and often got back to our room around midnight. The kids were always hungry after spending several hours at the OC, so we ordered the cheese platter and cookies for a midnight snack. They would get their pjs on while we waited for it to come and then had a treat before bed. Can't wait to do it again.

At midnight,every night,I order chocolate milk,chocolate chip cookies and a Mickey Bar.
I revert back to being an 8 year old and I can't explain why. I never did this on the RCL,NCL & Carnival ships. But The Magic & Fantasy just pulls at me,where I create my own personal Disney tradition, every night at the stroke of midnight - and it always arrives within 10 minutes,no matter how long they say it will take.:hippie:

Everyone's activity level and metabolism are different. I can eat 3500 calories a day and lose weight, but I lift very heavy weights, play basketball, wrestle with my son, and all sorts of things everyday. Late at night, I'm hungry and usually eat full meals after dinner. But, everyone is not as active as I am. There were a few times I caught the elevator to deck 1 and then walked up to Cabanas before eating. For some of us, dinner is nothing more than a snack.

Aren't you still full from such a big dinner? I remember feeling, every night walking away from dinner, I can't eat for another three days! (Course yummy breakfast was calling my name first thing in the morning:goodvibes). But for the people that order cookies and milk, or even another meal at 11:00 pm, I'm just trying to figure out how you fit it in?

I stay active all day on thru the night and burn off everything that I eat. Luckily I have stayed the same weight or only gained a pound or two.:)

Our 10pm order EVERY night- 6 cookies heated up, 3 glasses of milk, a cheeseburger and mac and cheese. DH and I each get 2 cookies and our very thin 8yo DD eats the rest. She never eats that much at home, or at any other meal onboard:confused3 must be her own little pixie dust.
One night in our connecting cabin (where the boys all sleep) our DS12 ordered a dozen cookies and wings, he wanted to have cookies on hand the next day.
Another trip our teens convinced room service to meet them at the elevator so they could eat on deck 9 at 2am.
Room service is really a part of the magic for us

My preteen girls sometimes need a snack but they don't tend to overstuff themselves like we adults do! For me when I am on a bikini vacation the last thing I want to do is get fat...lol.

We had early dining. By the time the kids were in bed, it was 10:30-11. My husband and I would put the kids to bed and then order a plate of chicken wings. It was perfect. About 5-6 wings with 2 pieces of carrots/celery. It hit the spot :)

They ALWAYS tell you it will take 30 minutes, and then sometimes they deliver in 5 minutes.

They told us 45min-1 hour and delivered in just under 10. I've heard of giving some cushion but that's crazy. But then you never really know what could happen to delay them.

Nine cruises and we have never ordered from room service. Not sure if the kids know they can.

I HATE the feeling of being too full, so I nearly never overeat. I haven't been on a Disney Cruise yet (ours leaves in August) but on the last cruise I was on I rarely ate more than 1/3 of what was served. I know, it's wasting food, but they wouldn't bring less and I refuse to overstuff myself.

So for me, it's not a big deal for me to want to eat another very small meal 3 or 4 hours later. I can certainly see ordering room service in the evening and am looking forward to it! :)

We ordered the big island cookie every night. If we couldn't eat it, we saved it for a snack to have the next morning before we went to breakfast. :)

I thought the steak sandwich was good, someone from Philly probably wouldn't. The wings are dee-lish. Cheese platter is okay, just not much to it.

The BLT looks good but I don't like T so guess I'll skip it.

don't forget that not TOO long ago cruises were notorious for their 'midnight buffet' which was a HUGE display of decadent foods . . . and everyone seemed to fill their plates HIGH

Boy I miss those days.

room service on a cruise is free?! I may have to go on one and forget wdw for a while:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter