For those staying onsite, do you do EMHs or avoid them?

If staying onsite, which do you tend to do?

• Go to MK a.m. EMH

• Go to MK p.m. EMH

• Go to HS a.m. EMH

• Go to HS p.m. EMH

• Go to EPCOT a.m. EMH

• Go to EPCOT p.m. EMH

• Go to AK a.m. EMH

• Go to AK p.m. EMH

• avoid all a.m. EMH

• avoid all p.m. EMH

• We always stay offsite, so we don't have a choice.

• We go to EMH if we feel like it at the time.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I stay away from morning EMH. I will sometimes try to do evening EMH, but have found that since I go at off times (Jan/Feb/first week of March), that we have usually seen everything before we get into the EMHs. We might stay for 30-60 minutes and repeat an attraction or two, but could easily do without them.

DS and I always loved PM EMHs at AK, which sadly they've done away with. It was great to ride EE multiple times in a row, though I'll admit that one night I had to stop after my 7th ride as we were in the rear of the train and I definitely got a bit motion-sick. AK is even more beautiful after dark.

I'm wondering if the evening EMHs will be more crowded when they're cut back to 2 hours in 2013...:worried:

We used to do all the PM EMHs but have learned that our favorite is by far MK's. We love being at the MK really late at night, especially an hour before it ends because the park feels like it is only open for us :goodvibes. On occasion, we do do DHS's PM EMH and have decided that Epcot's PM EMH is not really worth it to us. We do avoid all AM EMHs because we are either still trying to get ready for the day or we are eating breakfast somewhere.

I use the strategy of going to a park if it had an EMH the day before. Seems to work for me!

For all the parks except Epcot, I will hit up the AM EMH (there just isn't enough to do in Ep to need that extra hour in the morning) I can accomplish a LOT in that first hour

AK: Upwards for 6 rides of Everest
-Safari once or twice
-Get some nice photopass pics
-Dinosaur if we want to
-Then hit characters for an hour before FOTLK
-Done AK by noon

MK:-All of Fantasyland (including Storybook Circus)
-All of Tomorrowland
-In line for the first characters at 9:00am right as the park opens

If the park ends up getting too busy, I'll park hop somewhere else, but hey, I've done everything I wanted in AK, and half the park in MK. As for PM's I usually don't stick around for them, but after Fantasmic, it's nice to check out the Lights or ToT once more!

We are very much morning people so using am emh makes sense to us. Especially since we like to take a break in the afternoon and go to another park later in the day.
We have hoppers anyway since we like the liberty of changing our minds if one park suddenly gets very busy.

We won't use all of the am-times but we will use them.

I am very much a morning peson, so do try to make the morning EMHs. However, I avoid evening EMHs like the plague. I always have an AP, so once a park starts to get crowded I get the heck out of there.

We have 'tried' them all in our two trips. We really enjoy morning EMH with the kids being younger. We get so much done in that first hour it is crazy! Then when it starts to get crowded (around noon) we leave and go to lunch some where or go back to the resort for some pool time. Then we go back to the park around 4 or 5 and ride what we can.

We did night time EMH at HS it was WAY to busy with the amount of things that were available to do. MK only my teen made it till the end, the younger kids left with dad after the 11pm parade, but we had a great time the last hour or two! I love the little things they do there at night like sidewalk painting. Epcot we usually had everything we wanted to do done by the time EMH came around (but we also spent 3 days here before they happened).

We love evening emh especially at MK! We have little kids and plan accordingly so they aren't tired. I am sad they are getting rid of them! We ate not morning people and I refuse to wake up a sleeping toddler who will just be crabby from being woken up, so morning emh are a no go for us.

We usually do a different park in the morning. Back to the hotel for some swimming and chilling and then head back to the parks around 4/5 for dinner and PM EMH. It's always been great to head in as everyone else heads out. The later hours of EMH's we hit all the favorites with very little to no wait, with the exception of PP or course.

We are early risers and are usually anxious to hit the parks early so AM EMH makes sense for us. We also like to park hop, rarely spending an entire day in a park, so once the park with the AM EMH gets too busy, we head back to the resort to relax and then hop to another park. Sometime we will hop to a park that has PM EMH so we can stay late, particularly when Epcot and MK are open late. We had some very late nights on our last trip.

Our next trip is during a very slow time of year with short hours so we will probably take advantage of both the AM and PM hours but with the PM EMH being an hour shorter starting in January, we’ll see how well that will work. Guess there won’t be any really late nights on our next trip and with the shorter hours, we may not take as long of a break, unless DD is really grumbly but if she insists she doesn't need to nap and she is behaving, we will skip nap time.

With young kids PM EMH has not been an option.

In regards to AM EMH, we have done both. On one trip we planned our trip so we went to the AM EMH park each day (was there by rope drop) then we we left mid-day/early afternoon to return to our resort, and then visited another park in the afternoon. On the next trip we avoided the AM EMH's and visited the more "recommended" parks for each day.

For the most part, the strategy of avoiding the AM EMH has worked better for us. It was our experience that the "recommended" park was less crowded early and remained that way and the result was a more pleasant trip overall.

We could make AM EMH rope drops but we likely will not do so when we visit again in February.

We always do the morning EMHs. It typically works out really well for us. We're hoppers, so its a great option.

We do evening EMH for Epcot and MK, sometimes. We do not show to parks till afternoon, but if we did, I would take advantage of morning EMH as well.

I LOVE EMH!

PM is my favourite. I was once in Magic Kingdom from about 11 PM to 3 AM and it was amazing. There's nothing quite like being in a park so late.

Morning EMH have been good to me too, even when I've gotten there thirty minutes or an hour into them.

I don't park hop, either. If a park is busy we just go back to the hotel, and try again later.

With a couple of little ones getting out early and staying out super late doesn't really work for us so we avoid both am & pm emh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter