For Those Of You Who Have Flown Southeast Airlines

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
I know they don't assign seats when you purchase your tickets but since I am taking 5 children around ages 10-11 and 3 of them have never flow, how do we get seats together? Do you get seats assigned when you check in at the airport? It's not just one big cattle call to board the plane and everyone runs to get a seat is it? Any help would be appreciated. I'd really be saving a lot of money by traveling Southeast vs. the other airlines. Thanks.

:)
Hi! I'll try to help though I must say there are SW experts out there who know alot more. When you check in you are given A,B,or C boarding passes. A boards 1st, then b, then C. I know there are options for on-line check-in, curb-side, kiosk in the airport, and the regular "old-fashioned" counter. The boarding passes are split up between these. It isn't as difficult as it sounds. Put it this way the first time we flew SW I didn't know any of this-showed up at the airport and got great seats all together and we were a group of 11! It is recommended that you are at the airport 2 hours early. Happy trip planning!:wave2:

Hi, If you all have a seperate res.# you can check-in online (starting at midnite of the day you are flying). You can also arrive at the airport EARLY(at least 2 hours before flight time)and check-in there. We usually get to the airport early and get our Boarding Passes when we curbside check our luggage.(we fly out of Providence)We have gotten A,B, andC boarding passes. These tell you when you can board! We are a family of 5 and usually sit 2,2,1 or 2,3. If you head to the back of the plane you can usually find seats together. It is all easier than it sounds and works VERY WELL with getting people on the plane quickly! One thing to note is that SW can deny boarding if you are not at the gate at least 10 minutes before boarding. And I have SEEN this happen! They pride themselves with being ontime and even if the plane is still there they do not have to board you if you are not there the 10 minutes before departure! Joan

They assign seats when you check in, but you should get there early enough to make sure that they will have enough seats together. We flew out of Lehigh Valley last year, arrived about 2 1/2 hours early and got seats together in the middle of the plane.

Thanks for your help. We are flying out of the Lehigh Valley and this will save us a ton of money.

Is Southeast flying into Orlando International or is your flight into Sanford airport? Sanford is about 30-45 minutes north of Orlando. Friends of mine flew on SEAL last year and at that time they flew only to Sanford.

It flys into Sanford but with 10 of us going the savings outweighs the extra distance. We also plan on getting a 12 passenger van service from Sanford if we go this route. Since we are going in December I don't want to take chances on driving to Philly in case of bad weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!