For those of you that go more than once a year?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
How long do you typically stay? and do you switch from Deluxe to Moderate or usually stay in the same catagory?

I'm just curious...:)

This year was unusual for us as we got APs and took 3 trips.
We spent 6 nights at ASMO last August, 4 nights at the Swan & 5 nights at the Poly in December, and we will spend 3 nights at ASSP and 4 at the Poly in July. So, to answer your question, I guess we mix it up a bit.

Hello...
I seem to be going with increased frequency as the years pass...princess: :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I am lucky enough to stay all-deluxe, all the time :crazy: . Last trip was 7 nights - our longest trip ever. I'd love to stay for 10 days some time...but 7 was wonderful! We are going next month for 5 nights. Our average is probably 4 nights but I am quickly taking care of THAT low number ;) :cool:
Personally, I find the bump from 4 nights to 5 nights makes a big difference. At the end of 4 nights, I feel I'm just settling in and enjoying myself too much to leave but after 5 nights I'm willing to go home so that I can see my husband:teeth:

We stayed at the Dolphin last December, when we purchased our first AP's. At that time we decided to go 2 Decembers in a row, (last year 2nd week, this year 1st week); to get 2 trips on one set of AP's. We aren't 100% sure, but we think this will be the year we have to go to 2 rooms at a value (probably Pop) 3 princesses and all. However, when Southwest Airlines offered the $49 (one way) airfare we decided to jump on it and planned a late Summer trip, too (w/o Dad, but with extended family). We have 3 rooms booked at POFQ in August.

So to answer your question, yes we will probably "down grade" in order to accomodate this higher frequency. We'll see, though. I can't report accurately until we firm up our Dec. 04 resort plans.

In March, we stayed 3 nights CSR, 2 RP (Universal), then 2 POFQ. This Oct. we are staying HRH (Universal) 3 nights then POLY 3 nights. We usually stay about 6 nights. It depends on our funds and discounts available as to which category of resort we choose. It also depends on which tickets we have left at the time. We won't need to buy any in Oct. Since we still have 2 days on our hoppers at Disney as well as season passes to: Universal, IOA, Seaworld, and Busch Gardens, we can stay deluxe this time.

We usually go twice a year. We take 10 days at a deluxe for one trip and 5 to 7 days at a moderate for our second one.

We go twice a year and stay in a one bedroom villa in at DVC resort. We're DVC members. We usually stay 8 or 9 nights each time. We don't move from the resort.

My Mom and I usually go twice a year and I go once with friends but I managed 5 times last year! My Mom and I did our usual May at OKW (7 nights) and Dec at BWV (6). My friends & I did Feb at POFQ (3). Then my mom and I decided to give MNSSHP a try, we stayed at CBR in early Oct (5) I don't know if you would count the last one - I stayed one night in early Nov at CBR when I was in Orlando for business (arrived Sunday, stayed Sunday night then went to Downtown Orlando Mon & Tues for work). Used AP's. The Feb trip was on an AP I bought in May 02. I bought a new one in May 03 and used that one for the rest of the trips, plus April (friends trip) & May this year (5 nights & 6 nights).

I used to go once a year for 11 days, now I go 2 to 3 times a yr
and stay anywhere from 6 to 8 nights. We always stay at the Cabins in FW. We like having the separate bedroom for the Kids.

We seem to stay one time at a delux and one time at a moderate. But we might check out the values if we go a thrid time.

2004 will be the second time we've gone more than once per year - In 2001, we spent seven nights at POR and then came back and spent 4 nights at the CR and 5 nights at the BC.

This year we spent 3 nights at the Poly and 6 nights at the CR. My daughter and I will return in October and spend 8 nights at the WL. (really looking forward to trying the WL)

Originally posted by Luv2trav
How long do you typically stay? and do you switch from Deluxe to Moderate or usually stay in the same catagory?

I'm just curious...:)

We have APs and try to go twice a year. This year we are lucky enough to be going three times.

In Jan we stayed AKL Concierge for 6n/7d.
In May we stayed CSR in a water view room for 4n/5 days but we arrived very late on our arrival day.
This coming Sept we are booked to stay in a Lake View room at the Dolphin for 8n/9d.

Luv2trav,
Cost is usually the deciding factor for us. We made the "mistake" :) of purchasing an AP and in the past 12 months, we have gone:

July 20-27: Contemporary (wing room) SOG price (and PBH for a weekend using ENT rate)

Nov 1-4: BCV using DVC points

Dec 26-Jan3: HHI 2 nights using Disney Visa promotion code/BCV using DVC points/PBH for 1 night using AP discount.

Feb 3-6: Contemporary (wing room) SOG price

Apr 4-8: VWL using DVC points

May 25-31: 3 nights SSR using DVC points, 3 nights SOG

That's it for now (the AP runs out in July :) ), the next WDW trip will not be until Oct/Nov (for MNSSHP) and we will use DVC points.

-DC :earsboy:

Tiffany,
Are you the Tiffany I said Hello to at the MCO airport on May 31st (because I spotted the lime green ribbon on your suitcases on the escalator) ?
If so, :wave: Hi again!

We go twice a year and stay deluxe both times. The ends up being 25-30 days at the Poly a year. We are making it 3 trips this year because we are going to go to MVMCP that we have never seen yet. No wonder the guard welcomes me home when I pull up to the Poly. LOL! I wish I could live there!

Originally posted by dcfromva
Tiffany,
Are you the Tiffany I said Hello to at the MCO airport on May 31st (because I spotted the lime green ribbon on your suitcases on the escalator) ?
If so, :wave: Hi again!

I am. Hi Again. It was very nice to meet you. This made the thrid trip that we have "ran into" someone from the DIS.:wave2:

When we go more than once our Summer trip is our big getaway. We usually stay around 10 days and stay at deluxe resorts. Our visits in the winter are shorter 5-6 days. I try to make them cheaper visits.
This yr my dh has a few conventions at WDW and Orlando so that will help with the cost. We are going to try some new resorts on our "bonus trips":D

I always try to figure it out how people can go so often can someone give me some pointers. I know people who live fairly close to FL it is easy but what about me in PA?

We were there in November and stayed at CSR for a week and are leaving soon to return to CSR. We usually stay for a week. This trip will be for ten days. This resort is our favorite and we always seem to return to it. The shortest time we have stayed was for five days but a week is what we prefer. :sunny:

Originally posted by ninahbear
I always try to figure it out how people can go so often can someone give me some pointers. I know people who live fairly close to FL it is easy but what about me in PA?

I live in Maryland but go 25-30 days a year and stay at the Poly. We made the mistake of getting APs so that made us go more. Sometimes we get an AP discount and sometimes not. This past April we had to pay rack rate. I can go more often for a number of reasons. For one I do not work and travel with my 5 y/o DD, and my mom who also doesn't work. We have more time to do what we want. I can also go more often because DH doesn't go with me. He is not a big Disney fan so he doesn't mind when I go off to get my Disney fix. Not only does that cut the cost of paying for additional adult but that also means he stays home and makes more money to support my WDW trips! LOL! Also my mom and I split the cost of the room so a $400 a night room only costs me $200. If I traveled with DH then we would be paying the entire thing. So that is a huge savings. We try to drive down to WDW, instead of flying. It costs us more to do this believe it or not but we love driving. We do fly too and will be in October but I am not a good flier. I am sure there are all kinds of reasons people have to being able to go to WDW a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!