For those of you that ABSOLUTELY LOVE one specific resort, do you ever try another?

Well most of our trips lately are either the swan or dolphin with a govt. discount or the Polynesian, and that is getting less and less since Disney is charging so much for the deluxes lately and we never get a code, discount etc. I guess you can call us resort creatures of habit. I was trying to talk dh into wilderness lodge and he was trying to talk me into GF. We have stayed in other deluxes but that is only because we have been a family of 5 but now the sometimes the ds dont want to come, like in dec. we had 4 so we went with the dolphin etc.

BEACH CLUB LOVERS HERE!!!! we have tried YC amd BWI.BC is closer to Epcot so we stay there mostly...we talk about going to Poly but always stick with the Beach...change is scary!:lmao:

Gosh, we've stayed at a *lot* of the Disney resorts over the last 10 years .... All Star Music, then POFQ, then ASMovies, Poly, Contemporary, WL, AKL, VWL, OKW, CBR, GF, and Beach Club.

We honestly have enjoyed each one, but the one we keep going back to over and over is the Poly. I don't know why, I can't explain it; it just has my heart. It's also my dh and ds' favorite as well.

That being said, we often do a split stay, just to keep things "fresh". For our 15th anniversary, dh and I did a Poly/ VWL split. Last May we did a BC/Poly split, and for our December trip this year we're doing Poly LVC (as a surprise to our ds -- he thinks we're just doing a garden room) and an MK Tower room at the CR (also a surprise for ds).

It's fun to try new places, but there's a lot to be said for returning to an old favorite that you know will give you a great experience. :goodvibes

We have stayed at the WL for our last 5 trips to the world and I try every time to have my DW try a different resort to no avail. She is just very comfortable with the WL and I will admit it is a very nice resort but I really want to try the Poly. My wife's argument is price and having the resort relatively self-contained, that is, our two daughters would really have to work to get too far away from the resort. If it rains she likes the fact that you can stay indoors and not get soaked etc..

We are going back in April and unless I can swing a really exceptional deal at the Poly, we will be back at the WL. Don't get me wrong, I really like it there and I have no complaints but I would like to try the Poly ...one day.

Cheers,

Schuey

We absolutely loved GF until we tried POFQ. Now we absolutely love POFQ, but we're staying at POP.

I know we'll stay at FQ again in the next few years, but unless we try them all how will we know?? lol

For the longest time we thought we would never try anywhere except GF. Now we love YC as much as the GF, with the Poly a close second.

We'll be at YC for two weeks in July. My girls will be in Twirlmania in February 2009 and the group keeps telling me that they mostly stay at All Stars, POP, or POR. Can I tell you that I'm a little bit nervous about trying something that different. I don't know if we'll just go along with the group (that's what the girls woud like) or go off to one of the deluxes on our own. We'll see but that seems to be a HUGE difference (although it would be a big savings).

I've been to stayed at all the WDW resorts except the campground and AKL. While I enjoy each resort my heart belongs to the Boardwalk. :love: My DH has a difficult time dragging my away from there. I have promised him to mix it up some but it just never seems to happen and he doesn't push it to much as he also has come to love the Boardwalk.

I always say...How go you know you love it the best, If you have never stayed at the rest.

Now that I have stayed in the rest my favorite is Wilderness Lodge followed very closely by the Boardwalk Villas. For 15 years we would only stay at the Polynesian, then we started trying the other resorts and I fell in love with the Lodge. I have even tried going back to the Poly but I just don't feel the same way I use to about it. :confused3

We are in DVC and have a revolving love affair w/SSR, BWV and BCV. I am afraid if we try any more, we will get a fatal case of add-on-itis....still want to try AKL, VWL and Contemporary....and Vero Beach.

13 stays at CBR - I guess that answers that question.

Staying there again in Sept. Originally booked PC and chickened out.

Though I would like to try CS. I guess we'll have to go back to WDW again. ;)

its scary trying somewhere new and risking wasting money on a resort you may not just love ya know?

I couldn't agree more!

Some people just want a bed to sleep on, but for us, we like to kick back and enjoy the theme, appreciate the landscaping, take advantage of the amenities. We know the Poly provides what we're looking for in a vacation, and we know the kids love it, so it's a sure bet. Hard to spend so much money and not know what's in store.

I completely agree. DD & I are big Poly people. DH wants to try the GF so I agreed just to get him to agree to the trip! I'm excited for it and feel lucky to be able to stay there but I know I'll miss the Poly. I almost feel like I'm cheating on it! :rotfl:

We stayed at the WL one year because the Poly was just too expensive for Peak Season. We loved it and would stay again in a heartbeat but I personally just feel "home" at the Poly!

we like that the theming of each resort is so immersive that it does make for a totally different experience depending upon where you're staying. we would definately recommend trying something "new" as often as feasibly possible, to see which you personally like best :) .
This is what we like - that if you stay at a different resort you feel like you are on a different vacation.

I have my favorite also - the Poly - but I do enjoy going other places. We own at OKW & love going there. Tried CSR & POR this past April & really enjoyed those. Have also stayed at VWL, BC, YC, BWI & The Swan. Enjoyed them all (Swan was my least favorite)

I had just wondered if anyone only always stayed at the same place & can't seem to draw themselves away from it.

We stayed at the All Stars for a few years out of necessity (newly married and starting careers). We stayed at Coronado Springs once (because my job paid for it...:banana: ) and weren't impressed. We grew tired of the All Stars for many reasons and then moved to POR-FQ which we absolutely LOVE! Now that we are DVC members, it's off to new resorts. We're creatures of habit so generally when we find a good place, we return there.

We love AKL. WE have tried all those listed below in my siggy. BW is right up there with AKL. I do want to try CR some day:thumbsup2

"its scary trying somewhere new and risking wasting money on a resort you may not just love ya know?"

But that's how you found the resort you love! :rotfl:

Live a little! :goodvibes:

We love the Poly and are very very loyal. Even when I make my (frequent) trips to Las Vegas, I always stay at the MGM Grand. Once I find a resort/hotel that I really love, I tend to stick with it.

However, I am open to trying new things. Our bounceback didn't take effect until 8/10, but booked a flight that was leaving on 8/9. We decided this would be a great time to try a new resort, but just for one night. We figured trying a resort for one night meant, in the event we were unhappy with the resort and missed the Poly, we'd be able to move to our favorite resort the next day! After lots of research, we've opted to try the CR for our first night. We will probably do the same thing for the next trip, trying out the GF, then BC and BW. I really would love to try AKL, but it's distance from everything makes me a lil nervous. Eventually I'd like to try POFQ and POR, but am a little hesitant. I'm wondering if it will be hard to move from deluxe resorts to moderates. I haven't even considered the values yet!

I've tried the Cont and FW. But were nice but I just prefer CSR. It has everything I like in a resort for the price.

I'm wondering if it will be hard to move from deluxe resorts to moderates. I haven't even considered the values yet!
I thought it would be tough also. Last year we tried CSR & POR & loved both. They were just as nice as the deluxes.

We are interested in staying at all of the resorts (except for AS and Pop). Even though we may become attached to a resort theme (AKL) or a location (BWI) we will keep trying all of them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter