for the millionth time... can adult creds be used to buy kids meals?

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
Sorry, but I have read so many conflicting/confusing reports on here... :confused3

If I were to upgrade my children to adult DDP - can they use their adult credits to get a kids meal at times when they actually want to eat the kids' meal food they serve at disney? There may be instances when the kids menu appeals more than adult options so wondering if they would allow it - one would think as the kids junk costs Disney less, but who knows with these rules.

I can see my children wanting a kids meal a couple times during our week but that's it - the stuff I have read about here and seen on menus leaves much to be desired in the form of nutrition for kids. Based on options for kids most places it will be a week of nuggets or noodles :sad2: for our CS meals and that really is not acceptable to me nor them, honestly.

Sydnerella's Mama

You may run into an occasional situation where this is a problem, but generally speaking you can use adult credits to buy kids meals. Also, at some locations, they will give you an adult size portion of a kids item.

Exactly - unfortunately the answer is not a straight "yes" or "no."

Exactly :)

Like you said OP, there are a million questions to this on the boards, and unfortunately until there is a straight answer in writing, there will be a million more.

The good news is that if you run into a case where it is a problem, kids meals are pretty cheap, so you could pay OOP in those instances and save their credit for later on in the trip.

Keep in mind that most CS locations do have some kid friendly adult options like burgers or much better chicken tenders than you get on kids menus. If they're in the mood for these kinds of foods and aren't very hungry then they can always split the meal. The quality of the adult versions are generally considered to be better than the child versions. Also, by ordering the adult version you get a regular dessert for them vs the kids meal options.

Keep in mind that most CS locations do have some kid friendly adult options like burgers or much better chicken tenders than you get on kids menus. If they're in the mood for these kinds of foods and aren't very hungry then they can always split the meal. The quality of the adult versions are generally considered to be better than the child versions. Also, by ordering the adult version you get a regular dessert for them vs the kids meal options.

Thanks, good points. I like the suggestion to split the adult meal or order the strips off the adult menu. How sad that the adult version "is considered to be better". Why does disney insist on feeding kids crap? How much more could regular chicken strips cost them (or the consumer) so that they are edible? There are products available that still fit the "kid fare" label to appeal to many but actually have some nutrition in them - at our co-op we buy Ian's chicken nuggets for the kids on nights we are crunched or a weekend lunch along with veggies and fruit. They taste great and are not loaded with icky stuff... owell.... maybe someday Disney will modify - buying Ian's in bulk costs me a bunch less, so I would assume at disney volumes the bulk purchase might make it a viable option, even if it means I pay $1 more....

Sydnerella's Mama

It is partially cost, but also partially demand.

A few years ago Disney changed their meal options for kids so they were healthy and balanced.

There was quite the outrage on this board, and other boards as well. Disney must have either listened or experienced a loss in sales. The healthy kick lasted about 6 months (if memory serves me correctly) They also used to offer grilled chicken, not nuggets or breaded strips.

Not speaking to the quality of the nugget, but certainly the sides.

Thanks, I have read that Tricia. I just think there is a balance - fine, give kids some breaded chicken - but dont load it with "parts" and icky stuff (yes, that is a technical term!) Wish they would have enlisted Jamie Oliver or someone similar to help them introduce kids food that would appeal, be tasty, more healthy and still seem like kids food to kids. It is actually possible :) Maybe someday the imagineers will imagine something new and good in the kitchen for kids!

Sydnerella's Mama

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter