"For the Love of Disney" February 2021 Exercise Challenge

Starting Monday I am going to do at least two toning classes ( zumba strong, pound, barre, kettleball) two cardio ( step aerobics, zumba,cardio bellydancing, taebo/kickboxing, walking) and one day of yoga. I love these classes. When it warms up hubby and I plan on doing some hiking. This is just a basic plan but I plan on doing something everyday. I found these classes on either YouTube or live on zoom. Thankfully it is all free and I do it at home in the workout room my husband set up for me. Thinking of doing Chloe ting standing abs daily too.
Been journaling what I have been eating too in the wish thread. It really has been helping and I find this thread very motivating. Thank you for allowing me to join!!

Starting Monday I am going to do at least two toning classes ( zumba strong, pound, barre, kettleball) two cardio ( step aerobics, zumba,cardio bellydancing, taebo/kickboxing, walking) and one day of yoga. I love these classes. [....] I found these classes on either YouTube or live on zoom.
Oh can you share links? I miss taking classes but don't want to spend Disney money on something that might not work out. Like I'd love a stretch for ballet or beginning ballet class - maybe your barre class will be the thing!

Good morning everyone, and great job on all the new minutes!!

The team is up to 4,869 (63%) and we have three new color changes:
Elizabeth Smith, piglet1979, and lisam427!! :figment: :figment::ccat:

I'm adding 30 minutes to my own score for yesterday (320/500) and today's quote is:

"As sure as rivers flow, I’ll never let you go."

This one is definitely a song lyric.

It's also from the original, combined live-action/animated, version. I'm not sure whether it's in the newer remake.

Pete’s Dragon

Ok. I love this movie for today's quote. I didn't know there were more then one version. Though I still would not have gotten it.

adding 60 minutes from yesterday.

Total -- 1185/1680

Last edited:
Oh can you share links? I miss taking classes but don't want to spend Disney money on something that might not work out. Like I'd love a stretch for ballet or beginning ballet class - maybe your barre class will be the thing!

I have a few favorite instructors. Tara Allen is the first one. She hosts live classes on zoom and posts those classes on YouTube so that you can take them when ever you like. Tonight at 6:30 eastern she is doing a free zumba strong class. Her name on YouTube is Tara Allen 51. She has tons of belly dancing , yoga, barre...
On zoom tonight Zumba strong 5:30 central
2/19 wine yoga 5:30 central
2/20 yoga 9 am
She is also on Facebook as Tara Allen 51 . She should be sending out her free class schedule for next weeksometime soon. If you like her page on Facebook you will not only get her zoom class schedule but you can im her for the room number and zoom password. If you can't take her zoom class you can take them on YouTube. She has tons uploaded. There are several barre classes on her channel

My favorite Zumba instructor is lady J. Her classes are free on zoom and a blast. Please message Justina Alshamrookh on Facebook. She can add you to her group where she announces her schedule and the zoom info. She has class 6 days a week. Her Saturday class is 90 minutes, the others are an hour.

For yoga I either do Tara Allen or on YouTube yoga by Kassandra.

For Pound I do Tara Allen or on YouTube Beats by Ismari. I bought the weighted drumsticks from the pound site directly. They were not expensive.
hope this helps. I have a lot more free workout at home info. You are welcome to private message me on the boards. I can give you the zoom meeting numbers and passwords but not sure if I can post them on here. Haven't asked the instructors directly but that although I know that they don't mind if I spread the word as they have given me permission to do that.

Last edited:
raya- I sent you a pm from these boards the zoom room numbers and passwords for both tara allens free classes and Lady J's free Zumba.

if anyone else would like the info please message me from the conversation section of these boards. i got the ok to spread the word about their classes but not sure if its ok to post directly on a board like this.

Good morning, everyone!!

And congrats to lisam427, our first to reach red!! :car:

I'm adding 15 minutes (335/500) and team totals stand at 5,079 minutes and 65%! :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"You mean more to me than anything in this whole world."

Peter Pan
1613736325454.png

220 minutes since last check in - walking, sledding, snowgirl building, and removing furniture from upstairs to the garage for removal once the snow melts

1715/1680

So this week was not too terrible for us after all. Tonight is our last night of super cold temps. As you can see from my list of active minutes, we made the absolute most of this rare opportunity. I don't think I have ever had so much fun as we had sledding as a family after dinner one evening. Even though it was dark, the snow reflected the lights from the neighborhood and it seemed almost like daylight. Snow was falling fast and furious, and it was just magical. And, hey, all those squats Chloe Ting makes me do meant I was the best of the three of us at hill climbing in the snow. Felt like a champ! : ) Bonus, we indulged in snow cream and hot chocolate after all that climbing back up the hill. Some wonderful memories to hold onto!

Our barn owner sent me pics of our horses in the snow. They received 10 inches there. We had a foot in our neighborhood - much less than original predictions, so yay for that. The horses are doing well according to the staff and the pics show the same, and I think we will finally be able to see them tomorrow. We're supposed to reach 43, so I think that should help melt things enough for us to make it out there.

We were so lucky compared to many others. I feel for all of those who lost power, heat, and water this past week and hope things improve soon.

Good morning, all, and happy weekend!!

20 minutes for me (355/500) and lots of color changes! :rainbow: Congrats to:

sophy1996, piglet1979 (both a couple days ahead of pace at pink) lisam427 (who was the first to green!) and Twilight Sparkle (who skipped red altogether and is also at green) :Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce:!!!!

At 5,521 and 71%, the team is less than 300 minutes from pink as well! :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"I wouldn’t have nothing if I didn’t have you."

think about songs again
Monsters, Inc.

Happy Sunday! I'm reporting 30 minutes myself (385/500) which makes me pink :ccat: , and the team as a whole is less than 200 minutes from that goal!! :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"For it is plain as anyone can see, we’re simply meant to be."

The Nightmare Before Christmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter