For the First Time in Forever...I went to WDW Solo. A January 2014 TR

disneywlf

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My name is Wolf (yes, just like CNN's Wolf Blitzer) and I am a 22 year old soon to be Senior Sociology Major/Political Science Minor :eek: at LIU-Post in Brookville, NY and I am interested in travel (including WDW of course!), swimming, classic rock, automobiles, history, and politics. For the first time, I went by myself to Disney World from Sunday, January 12th, 2014 to Saturday, January 18th, 2014. I just wanted to note that I had attempted a previous trip report, but time was not on my side as school got in my way. I look forward to completing this trip report and I hope everyone enjoys it. Here's a picture of me in Epcot below:Moi at Epcot.jpeg

Last edited:
I booked my trip on July 17th, 2013, after I found an excellent offer on Expedia for about $800 with roundtrip air on Delta from New York-JFK to Orlando and back and a Standard King Room at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, after checking various resorts including the Disney Value and Moderate Resorts as well as the Buena Vista Palace.
This would be my fifth time in Disney World. Unfortunately, my mom was unable to join me this time as she had to stay behind with our pets, which include two Affenpinschers (small dogs that have a monkey-like face) and nine guinea pigs! My dad could not join me either as he had to work. I also invited my best friend, but he was unable to go. However, my mom wanted me to go myself as she felt I deserved a vacation and she wanted me to have a good time. I finally booked the package and I made my Advance Dining Reservations one day later.
For my ADR's, I chose to do three table service meals. First, I booked an 8:00PM meal at Chef Mickey's on January 12th, as I find it to be a wonderful way to meet Mickey Mouse and friends and I have enjoyed the food and experience there from my past three visits. Since I wanted to do a meal at Epcot this time around, my mom and I consulted my Unofficial Guide and we decided on Teppan Edo, as the prices were not too high and they got an excellent write-up. In addition, I enjoy Japanese food, so I booked an ADR at 6:10PM on Tuesday, January 14th. Finally, I booked an ADR at Fulton's Crabhouse on January 17th at 6:30PM, as I enjoyed their seafood dishes in the past and I wanted to have a fine meal to cap off my trip. Unfortunately, I had a health concern before my trip of High Triglycerides (they were 395 and I was not overweight!), as I ate more junk food then I should have in the form of burgers, fries, and chicken wings after my mom had bad health problems at that time due to a bloody ulcer in August 2012 (not from alcohol), I was concerned eating in Disney would become harder for me. Thankfully, this was not the case as like in past years, they were extremely accomodating to my diet and egg and gluten allergies (read on for more meals ). Three months after my health scare and through a diet that eliminated deep fried food and red meat, my triglycerides were down to a much improved 157 in November 2013. I feel better than I did before, lost 10 pounds, and still eat well on my diet (heck, I could even enjoy ice cream and chocolate in moderation, as those were not the problem foods). Thankfully, I also felt better because my mom was doing far better health wise since her surgery in August 2012.
For my last steps, I needed to buy theme park tickets and book my ground transfers. In November 2013, I bought my 6 day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper from Undercover Tourist as they were legitimate and had the best price. Next, I decided to book a round trip Town Car with Tiffany Towncar as they were recommended by my guide and my parents did not want me to rent a car as it is hard to rent a car under 25 (save for Sixt). In addition, Tiffany also threw in a free 30 minute stop at Publix, which would have been the only reason for me to rent a car. What's more? I paid $110 round trip versus $255 for a rental car from Sixt. For getting to and from JFK, my mom agreed to drive me there despite my early departure time and I agreed to use Carmel Car & Limousine Service to get home from JFK. Now, all I had to do was pack and wait.

After a long but rewarding semester and lots of trip preparation over the course of my winter vacation, the morning of January 12th had finally arrived. I awoke to my home phone ringing at 3:15AM, after I had programmed it for that time to wake me up. I then brushed my teeth, washed my face, got dressed, and ate a delicious and filling breakfast of Smoked Nova Salmon, No Fat Veggie Cream Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Health Salad, and a side of Breakfast Potatoes from Bagel Boss that I had gotten the night before. Finally, I helped my mom with a little bit of organizing in the house after she woke up and I said goodbye to my 2 Affenpinschers and 9 guinea pigs.

Me with Gwendolyn:
IMG_3784_zps7b7b7701.jpg

Me with Arabellla:
IMG_3786_zps8e1517f6.jpg

Finally, it was time for me to leave for New York-John F. Kennedy International Airport at 5:30AM, which I was expecting to be a 30 minute ride based on past experience. My mom pulled out of the driveway at that time and from our home in Central Nassau County, we used the Meadowbrook Parkway southbound and the Southern State and Belt Parkways westbound. The roads were close to empty at this time of day not surprisingly and the sun had not risen. Approximately 25 minutes later, we pulled up in front of Terminal 4 at JFK, where I would depart from. Before I checked in, my mom and I hugged profusely and she snapped a couple of pictures of me waving goodbye.

JFK Terminal 4:
IMG_3794_zpsb92b797d.jpg

IMG_3797_zps15fe4bc9.jpg

It finally hit me that I was traveling solo for the first time after my mom drove away and I felt nervous yet excited at the same time. Five minutes after my mom dropped me off, I had already checked in at the curb behind a nice family from India also heading to WDW and I proceeded to security, where I waited a little longer than expected at 20 minutes, but I did not mind as I had sufficient time, the TSA agents were friendly and thorough, and the line was well organized. Plus, it was not as bad as when I flew out of LaGuardia, where I had to wait 45 minutes! With check-in and security finished, I decided to continue checking out Delta's new Terminal 4, which I found much improved over its Terminal 3 predecessor, which while historically significant, was severely falling apart. The shopping opportunities were endless, with stores like Sephora, Marc Jacobs, and a NYC Souvenir store (mom would have loved it!) plus plenty of food choices, from McDonald's and Shake Shack to Buffalo Wild Wings to The Palm and Uptown Brasserie by Marcus Samuelson. As I walked around, I plane spotted (photos below) and called my mom, my dad, and my grandparents to let them know that all was well.

-Avianca Airbus A330 (*Alliance Livery) heading to Bogota, Colombia and a Delta Boeing 737-800 (Skyteam Livery) heading to either Atlanta or Las Vegas (it was one of those two cities, I don't remember which one though.):
IMG_0054_zps0454f5e5.jpg

-Avianca Airbus A330 (*Alliance Livery) with an Air India Boeing 777-300 in the left part of the background and an El-Al Boeing 747-400 in the right part of the background:
1518772_10202701258709589_1110715463_o.jpg

-My Delta Boeing 757-200 that would take me to Orlando:
1496039_10202701257509559_359127911_o.jpg

-My departure gate:
1556271_10202701258149575_744116263_o.jpg

Oh, in case any DISers are interested, I will post my flight statistics here as I am a travel nerd :D
**Flight Information**:
Origin Airport: New York-John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York, NY
Destination Airport: Orlando International Airport (MCO), Orlando, FL
Airline and Flight Number: Delta Air Lines 425
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Cabin, Seat: Economy, 25F
Scheduled Departure/Actual Departure: 8:00AM/8:21AM
Scheduled Arrival/Actual Arrival: 10:59AM/10:27AM
Departure Airport Terminal, Gate: Terminal 4, Gate B26
Arrival Airport Terminal, Gate: Airside B, Gate 74

*SPECIAL NOTES: First trip without my family or with a school group.

Fifth visit to Walt Disney World (I visited in 2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, and now 2014)

First time using Delta's Terminal 4

Since I had to board at 7:20AM, I went back to my gate and relaxed for a bit. Even though the gate area was busy with flights to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and Seattle departing nearby, there was plenty of comfortable seating, complete with outlets and USB ports :D
1501072_10202701259189601_1707115925_o.jpg

Finally, I heard an announcement: "Ladies and gentlemen, at this time we would like to begin boarding Delta flight 425 with service to Orlando." At that time, I got up and when they called Zone 1, I boarded as I had Priority Boarding due to my credit card. I finally got on the 757, where a young female flight attendant with blonde hair in a ponytail greeted me with a cheerful "good morning." I settled in Economy seat 25F, which I found to be comfortable. To my delight, I noticed that there was IFE, which was an unexpected bonus. I was then joined by my seat mate, who was an interesting Israeli gentleman who was heading to Orlando for a cloud computing conference and we chatted for a bit about our lives. We even had the middle seat to ourselves as no one occupied it, which worked out well as we put our smaller bags on the seat. As these events were going on, "Beautiful Day" by Michael Buble played in the pre boarding music mix, which was fitting as it was a beautiful day! After we taxied to the runway, we prepared for take off only 20 minutes behind schedule due to being third in line to take off, which was OK as we would still arrive on time according to the pilot.
-Delta Boeing 757-200 heading to Seattle and a Delta Boeing 747-400 that had arrived from Tel-Aviv, Israel and was heading to Tokyo, Japan later that day (taken from plane):
1537433_10202701281710164_1980876338_o.jpg

-Delta Boeing 737-800 and a TAM Airbus A330 in front of us awaiting take off:
1532012_10202701281590161_1216196745_o.jpg

-NYC Skyline in the distance:
1602020_10202701281630162_1511670615_o.jpg

-AA Boeing 737-800 (new colors), AA Boeing 757-200 (old colors), and Delta Boeing 737-800 from right to left taxiing behind us:
1534872_10202701281670163_618578960_o.jpg

-Take off over Southeast Brooklyn:
1048356_10202701281550160_1661874230_o.jpg

Finally, I felt the thrust of the jet engines and we took off at 8:21AM and we flew to the southwest over Brooklyn and The Rockaways before following the Atlantic coastline. After take off, I plugged my headphones into my iPhone 5 and listened to music, which consisted of songs such as "Penny Lane" by The Beatles to start, followed by "Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)" by Led Zeppelin, "Take it Easy" by The Eagles, "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra, "After Midnight" by Eric Clapton, more Beatles, "Straight to Hell" by The Clash (kind of ironic for this occasion haha), She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel, "Magic Bus" by The Who, and Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.
1504182_10202701282430182_1308685624_o.jpg

I also talked to my seat mate, ate peanuts, drank a whole can of Fresca (the flight attendants cheerfully obliged my request), and played inflight trivia on the IFE.
1500758_10202701315070998_1539127006_o.jpg

We touched down in Orlando at 10:27AM, 32 minutes ahead of our scheduled arrival time.
1506307_10202701316071023_2075712374_o.jpg

When we were cleared to use our cellphones, I called my mom twice on her phones, but she did not pick up, so I called my dad, who was happy to know I made it to Orlando and wished me a good time. As I was deplaning, my mom called me and I told her the good news as I thanked the flight attendants for a wonderful flight. It was an amazing feeling to finally be in Orlando and I could not wait for the rest of my trip!
After I disembarked at Gate 74, I made my way to the fake monorail to go to the baggage claim in the Main Terminal and to meet my driver.
1548063_10202701316031022_602114762_o.jpg

After arriving at the Main Terminal of Orlando International Airport, I took the escalator to the Terminal B Baggage Claim. As I made my way to Baggage Claim #28, I found my driver from Tiffany, whose name was Mauro (I'm not sure of the spelling), holding a sign with my last name on it. We introduced ourselves and then we went over to the belt, where we waited for my checked bag, which came out ten minutes later. Once that was all said and done, we headed downstairs to the first floor, where Mauro parked his silver Lincoln Towncar outside the exit. I believe he is a regular at MCO, as the person in charge outside had no issue with him parking his car over there. Oh well, it was more convenient for me . Mauro loaded my bags and down vest and long sleeved shirt (the temperatures were in the 60s with sunshine) into the trunk and we were on our way to Publix and the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, departing at about 11:00AM. Mauro turned out of the Orlando International Airport, hooking up with the Beachline Expressway westbound (FL-528).
1614152_10202701316191026_283177128_o.jpg

1498091_10202701322711189_2060949110_o.jpg

Mauro turned out of the Orlando International Airport, hooking up with the Beachline Expressway westbound (FL-528). As we were driving, my good lady friend who I met working a Republican candidate on our congressional district, who I found out was also in Walt Disney World at the time with her sister and mother, texted me to ask if I made it, as they wanted to try to meet me. I responded that I made it after I sent them a picture of the plane going to the gate at MCO and that I would be honored to meet them later, as they are wonderful friends and the ultimate Disney buffs :mickeyjum . As Mauro was driving, we had an interesting discussion on our lives. He mentioned that he was from Brazil and then immigrated to the U.S., moving to Miami. I mentioned that I know Miami somewhat as I used to visit that area when both sets of my grandparents lived in South Florida. He knew the areas that I visited as well, which included Davie (a suburb of Fort Lauderdale) and Highland Beach (a small town about halfway between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach). He mentioned that he then moved to Orlando, where he worked for Westgate and even knew David Siegel (this interested me as I watched a documentary on him in one of my Sociology classes) and said that he was a good guy (I could tell :) ). Finally, he mentioned that he went on to work as a driver for Tiffany and how he enjoys it very much. I mentioned about my life as a Sociology student and talked about my interests, including automobiles, which impressed him. After a smooth ride down the Beachline Expressway westbound (FL-528) and Interstate 4, we arrived about 30 minutes later at the Regency Village Publix.
1537559_10202701322791191_2003847488_o.jpg

I was excited to go to Publix as I always have enjoyed shopping at various Publix stores in the Orlando area and in South Florida, as they are immaculate with a nice atmosphere, have excellent customer service, have great produce, an excellent deli, and decent value, with prices that are not too high (at least in my book). Publix definitely blows Shoprite, Stop 'N Shop, and Waldbaum's (a subsidiary of A&P) on Long Island out of the water! Needless to say, my expectations were exceeded once again, as this store had an excellent atmosphere and was absolutely spotless! I first went to the deli, where a very friendly lady sliced me a pound of Boar's Head Three Pepper Colby Jack, which I would use for breakfast in my room and served me a delicious plate like lunch of a piece of Roasted Chicken, Collard Greens (there was no bacon in them), and Brown Rice, which undercut what I would pay at a fast food place in price (the food was better too). I also purchased some beautiful strawberries, bananas (for the same price as Shoprite and better quality), Publix Orange Juice with Calcium (I find it to be as good, if not better than the national brands and even Consumer Reports agreed!), Food for Life Gluten Free Bread (about the same price as Shoprite, maybe cheaper), 2 cases of Diet A&W (it was on sale for 4/$12, so I got it 2/$6), a Disney World t-shirt as it was less than at WDW, and 7 Publix recyclable bags (they are awesome). Finally, Frank, who was exceptionally friendly, checked me out efficiently as his bagger bagged my groceries carefully and to my preference. The bagger even offered to take my groceries out to my car, which I declined as I wanted to take them. All in all, Publix definitely lives up to its "Where shopping a pleasure" tagline in my book!
After about 20 minutes in Publix, Mauro then drove me to the Hilton. Unfortunately, we encountered gridlock on FL-535 as there was a motorcycle race that left Downtown Disney that afternoon. My driver knew of it as he loves to motorcycle in his spare time and he was supposed to race that day, but had to come into work instead. He did not mind though as he enjoyed driving me. We also talked about cars, as I mentioned that Lincoln made a bad decision in discontinuing the Towncar, as it was a very ideal livery car due to its roomy accommodations and trunk, power, and reliability. He agreed with my statement and said he felt the same way. Mauro mentioned that the industry is moving to other cars, like the Chrysler 300 (I happen to like that car a lot :thumbsup2), which is roomy, powerful, and stylish, but lacks the Towncar's trunk space. About 15 minutes later, we turned left onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard and I finally arrived at the Hilton!
-Let the Magic Begin:
1492718_10202701322671188_1930082175_o.jpg

-Hilton Lake Buena Vista:
1492198_10202701322751190_2054961500_o.jpg

I thanked Mauro for an excellent ride, as an eager and helpful bellhop named Derek took all of my bags except for my Dakine backpack inside. Overall, I had a very favorable first impression of Tiffany Towncar as Mauro proved to be an excellent driver, the car was in excellent condition, and the value for the price was great! I went to check-in, where I did not have to wait long, as Marianne, who was very friendly and eager to please had me registered in less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately, she mentioned that I would have to wait until 4:00PM the latest for my room to be ready due to many late checkouts from the Disney Marathon (it was the last day). I was not surprised at all, so I took a seat in the lobby and ate my lunch from Publix at about 12:30PM, which was delicious with juicy and well spiced chicken, well cooked brown rice, and pleasantly salty collard greens. Since I still had a while until my room was ready, I had Jill, a delightful bellhop help me access my bags, where I would grab my bathing suit and flip flops, so I could go swimming, especially with the temperatures reaching the 70s. I changed into my bathing suit in one of the bathrooms and finally, I sunned, went swimming, and soaked in the hot tub for about a couple of hours in the lush and recently refurbished pool area.
-Aaaahhhh:
1559382_10202701336671538_965651108_o.jpg

After a delightful time by the pool, I went back to the Front Desk to check on the status of my room at about 3:30PM. Marianne, who had helped me earlier, checked for me and found out that Room 935 was indeed ready! I went upstairs and I was more impressed than I thought I would be with my Standard King Room. I mention that I was more impressed than I thought I would be as while my mom and myself liked the Hilton the last time we stayed there, my mom felt the rooms were a little dated for her taste and would have preferred a true one bedroom suite, as opposed to a junior suite. She liked everything else, but room wise, preferred the Buena Vista Palace even though she liked the Hilton just as much in other respects, most notably, the service. Ah, but I digress, I thought that the room looked nice, was very clean, and well maintained, with very little wear and tear.
1522564_10202701337351555_1079922899_o.jpg

-View:
1614430_10202701337871568_792296684_o.jpg

In addition, the room's location was more than I had requested, as I was one floor below the top floor. A bellboy came up a minute or two later with my bags and inquired if everything in the room was to my satisfaction? I responded with a yes, as I was more than satisfied and I thanked him. I then took a hot shower and relaxed on the super comfortable bed for a while. I then received a call from my lady friend and her sister, who asked if she could possibly meet me later that night? I told her I would love to meet her along with sister and her mother, but it would not be for very long as I had an ADR at Chef Mickey's at 8:00PM. I offered to meet them at the Beach Club, where they were staying and she told me not to worry and that she would get back to me, as she was going to take a shower and wait for her mother and sister, who were at the Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately, this did not quite pan out as when she called later as I was on the bus to Epcot at 5:00PM to get to Chef Mickey's, she left a message and mentioned that they would be in Epcot (they were still getting ready) and that the times would not quite work out. We were all a little disappointed, but understood as the timing did not quite work out (they were there 5 days before me and were leaving the next day). Nevertheless, I called them later, thanked them very much for trying to meet me, and wished them a safe trip back to New York. At Epcot, I then transferred to the monorail to the TTC, where I got the Magic Kingdom monorail and walked to the Contemporary Resort. I was excited for what awaited me, as I would be having dinner at Chef Mickey's!
-Disney's Contemporary Resort:
1039938_10202701338431582_1449251783_o.jpg

Since I still had about an hour until my ADR, I decided to walk around the Contemporary Resort and relaxed in the lobby for a bit, which was still bustling with many guests checking in. "Cinderella II: Dreams Come True" was playing in the kids check-in area and this was cool, as it shows Anastasia's change of heart from bad to good. I then went upstairs, where I visited the Fantasia Shop, which was whimsical and had a myriad selection of Disney items like books, toys, autograph books, and pins. As my ADR got closer, I decided to go to Chef Mickey's at about 7:40PM, where I checked in at the podium. I then took my picture with the Mickey statue and chatted with various families, who were all as excited as I was.
1492122_10202701338751590_825949681_o.jpg

1025274_10202701339151600_629531867_o.jpg

Finally, my buzzer buzzed to inform that my table was ready. The amiable host walked me to my table, which was located on the left side of Chef Mickey's in a small alcove which faced the Main Pool and lagoon. My waitress Amy then came over and she was very friendly. She took my drink order for a Diet Coke, offered to take pictures of me with the characters, and brought out Chef Joachim, who would discuss my food allergies with me. About a minute later, Chef Joachim, who I found to be very personable and knowledgeable, came out to introduce himself and walk around the buffet, pointing out what was safe and what was not. He knew of my requests from Chef Rob (I spoke to him), who passed them onto Chef Joachim as he would not be in that night. We passed the main buffet, where I was able to have the salad toppings with no dressing but Italian due to the risk of cross contamination (he offered me oil and vinegar, but I declined as I don't mind eating a plain salad), cheese cubes, the Caprese salad, shrimp, and crab claws (they may have been stone crabs I am not sure?). I was surprised that I could not eat the California Rolls, but mentioned that they would be off limits for me as they contained mayo. He said that the Kid's Grilled Chicken Tenders, Chicken & Rice Soup, most of the cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, wild rice, turkey, roasted chicken, and salmon were fine. The infamous Parmesan Mashed Potatoes were off limits due to high amounts of butter and cream, which mean more saturated fat. Finally, he took me to the piece de resistance, which was the dessert bar. Most of the desserts were off limits for obvious reasons, but I was able to have ice cream, fruit, and if I wanted, Chef Joachim would bring me a gluten free and vegan cupcake free of charge. Overall, Chef Joachim did not cease to impress me and I was not worried as all as there was plenty to eat, even with my food allergies and High Triglyceride diet.

Before I went to the buffet, I met Mickey, who was in his Chef's uniform and very happy to see me. I thanked him for having me, hugged him, and took my picture with him. It was an excellent interaction and I felt as if he was greeting an old friend :D .
1486004_10202701339671613_810629971_o.jpg

I then went up to the buffet, where I started off with a couple of shrimp, cubes of cheddar and swiss cheeses, greens, tomatoes, honeydew, and Caprese Salad. While I know I may get flamed for saying this, I thought that the food was of high quality and very fresh and that continued to be the case throughout my meal. In fact, I feel the food gets better and better with each trip. I especially loved the Caprese Salad!
1490706_10202701340511634_223686328_o.jpg

I then met Minnie and Pluto, who were also amazing!
1497844_10202701342071673_1667834736_o.jpg

892805_10202701342711689_487341817_o.jpg

Then the house music came on and a party started, so I jumped up from my seat, waved my napkin, and joined the fun! :D I then ate some tender turkey, a huge and well cooked baked potato, crisp sautéed green beans with tomatoes, well cooked broccoli, meaty sautéed mushrooms, and pleasantly sweet sautéed Vidalia onions.
1596804_10202701343231702_218022272_o.jpg

I then had the pleasure of meeting Donald Duck, who gave me a bit of a hard time about my Goofy t-shirt that I was wearing, as it did not depict him. I told him that I love him also and all was well. He definitely quacked or should I say...cracked me up :rotfl2: !
1559553_10202701343511709_1651297416_o.jpg

Next, I met Goofy, who was overjoyed that I put on my Goofy hat from my first trip back in 2005 and that I was wearing my Goofy shirt. We high-fived, hugged, and took an awesome picture.
1077571_10202701343911719_66586548_o.jpg

I still wanted to try a few more of the main dishes, so I had a juicy piece of Roasted Chicken, Broccoli, Green Beans, well cooked Wild Rice, and carrots.
1518722_10202701344511734_1267560728_o.jpg

After another party and a few minutes, I capped off my meal with some creamy and delicious Chocolate and Vanilla swirl soft-serve with a little Chocolate Sauce and a banana. While they no longer use Edy's soft serve at Chef Mickey's, this soft serve is still egg free and both the Chef and I agreed the quality was even better! :D
1498973_10202701344991746_922986703_o.jpg

Finally, Minnie visited me again and we took another picture :D
1075308_10202701345471758_1776920522_o.jpg

Since I was full and had met all the characters, I decided to head back to my hotel. Like I said earlier, I know I may get flamed, but I thought Chef Mickey's was excellent. The character interaction was top notch, the service provided by my waitress, Amy, was excellent as she was very friendly and attentive, Chef Joachim was exceptionally accommodating, and the food was high quality. Overall I will definitely be back and would highly recommend Chef Mickey's. I proceeded downstairs to the lobby, where I got a bus to Downtown Disney and arrived back 25 minutes later with the walk back to the hotel. I called my mom and went to bed at about 11:15PM, overjoyed with my amazing first day and looking forward to visiting the Magic Kingdom the next day.

After getting some much needed sleep from my first day at Disney, I wasted no time and got up at 5:30AM. After getting ready, it was almost 6:00AM, so I ate my "slimy yet satisfying" ("Lion King" reference) breakfast of gluten free bread with Boars Head Three Pepper Colby Jack along with strawberries and a banana. As I was eating breakfast, I decided to turn on Fox & Friends in order to find out what was new in the world and because they had coverage of the Detroit Auto Show, which was occurring the week I was in Disney. While I was watching the coverage of the Detroit Auto Show, I was impressed by the new 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the new BMW M3, and the 2015 Chrysler 200, which would hopefully be an even better car! However, while I liked the muscular looks of the 2015 Ford Mustang, I was unsure about offering an EcoBoost four-cylinder under the hood as for these kinds of cars, I prefer a muscular V8 engine. I also checked the weather and found out it would be sunny with a high of 81 degrees, so I wanted to make sure to swim during my afternoon break. As 7:40AM came, I gathered my belongings and made my way downstairs to catch the Magic Kingdom shuttle.
In the bus loading area, I met quite a few families with young children, who were all very excited to go to the Magic Kingdom. The time passed quickly and at 8:00AM, the shuttle arrived to whisk me away to the Magic Kingdom.
1537854_10202701352271928_1908703796_o.jpg

During the course of my ride, my lady friend texted me and apologized for being unable to meet me with her sister and mother. I told her not to worry about it and wished them a safe trip home. They then asked me which park I was visiting and told them I would be going to the Magic Kingdom. They then wished me a magical time and asked me if I could take a picture of the Magic Kingdom toll and post it on their Facebooks, which I happily agreed to. Here's the picture:
IMG_1355_zps2d4708a2.jpg

Before I knew it, the shuttle arrived at the Ticket & Transportation Center about 20 minutes later and I caught the Express Monorail.
1501562_10202701352511934_452701119_o.jpg

Onboard the monorail, I met a delightful English family from the London area traveling with their four year old daughter there on their last day. Since we were both heading to the Magic Kingdom, we both shared touring tips and gave the New Fantasyland a glowing recommendation, as they were impressed by the theming and new attractions. I had mentioned wanting to see Enchanted Tales with Belle, as I am a "Beauty and the Beast" fan and they highly recommended it. With that in mind, I decided to make Enchanted Tales with Belle my first attraction as I wanted to explore the New Fantasyland first. After the monorail arrived at the Magic Kingdom, I said goodbye to the English family that I just met and then went through security. Nine o'clock was coming fast and the opening festivites pumped me up for my day!
-About ten minutes before opening:
1602096_10202701352831942_53820858_o.jpg

At 9:00AM, I walked down Main Street to Fantasyland and I was overjoyed to be back in the Magic Kingdom again! :jump:
1614385_10202701353231952_729450603_o.jpg

1040131_10202701353511959_460466099_o.jpg

-Fantasyland:
1495901_10202701353711964_1712362573_o.jpg

I arrived at Enchanted Tales with Belle about five minutes later and I was floored with the attention to detail they put into Maurice's cottage, like a picture of a young Belle with her late mother, which is another example of Disney's excellent attention to detail.
1601832_10202701354591986_983501395_o.jpg

1399203_10202701354871993_728367117_o.jpg

Finally, we were admitted to the theater, where we were welcomed by The Wardrobe and Lumiere :welcome:
1500750_10202701356712039_622165352_o.jpg

While I did not get picked for a part, I loved the way in which they retold the story of "the tale as old as time" and thought all of the actors involved did a wonderful job! Here are some pictures:
705088_10202701363792216_491889742_o.jpg

1548171_10202701363832217_815785464_o.jpg

I then passed the Beast's castle, which I thought was magnificent! While I was there, I asked two friendly female cast members when I should arrive for lunch at Be Our Guest, as I wanted to try it. They advised me to come back at 10:15AM and took a picture of me in front of the castle at my request.

1614292_10202701393392956_822488465_o.jpg

1502846_10202701394112974_1405213902_o.jpg

Next, I checked out Belle's village, where I felt transported once again due to the impeccable theming.

1008708_10202701394712989_49173285_o.jpg

1506359_10202701395633012_803721866_o.jpg

Since Gaston was not out yet, I decided to head over to Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid. Once again, the detailed rock work and grandeur of Ariel's castle did not cease to impress me.
1537541_10202701396993046_168475915_o.jpg

1553109_10202701397633062_535623528_o.jpg

1490697_10202701398353080_334615923_o.jpg

While the posted wait time was "20 minutes," I got on less than five minutes later. Overall, I enjoyed this ride very much as I loved being a part of the story of "The Little Mermaid" and the animatronics, particulary Ariel and Ursula, were exquisite! If there was any criticism, like others, I agree that it would be the fact that the parts toward the end of the story were condensed into a smaller portion of the attraction. Despite that though, I would highly recommend Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid :D .
Since 10:00AM was nearing and I did not want to be late lining up for lunch, I went to meet Gaston. I waited less than ten minutes and had a grand old time with him. He asked me how I was doing and in his typical narcissism, asked me "if I saw his fountain?" I said yes and he told me how he likes to look at it frequently. He also admired my long hair and advised me to put in a ponytail, as he said it is more manly. I definitely enjoyed meeting Gaston and it is definitely a shame that he attempted to kill The Beast, as he actually seemed like a good guy despite his narcissism and views on gender.

1501463_10202701398953095_1821793386_o.jpg

Since I still had a little time before I had to line up at Be Our Guest, I decided to check out Bonjour Village Gifts. Immediately, I noticed that the middle aged Hispanic cast member who was holding a stuffed Beast to demonstrate it was from Long Island, NY, . The cast member was very friendly as we chatted about Long Island and he revealed that he was from Uniondale, which is about 5 minutes southwest of where I live. He also let me check out the stuffed Beast, which was pretty cool. In addition, I checked out some neat souvenirs, like many Gaston t-shirts as well as framed pictures, which added to my experience in Fantasyland. Before long, 10:15AM was approaching and I decided to head over to Be Our Guest.
As I was waiting in line to enter Be Our Guest, I met a mixed generation family from Michigan and they were also looking forward to eating there, as the grandparents in the group, who went there before, said it was excellent.

1487745_10202701399273103_116958456_o.jpg

1504166_10202701399833117_1062884129_o.jpg

1602170_10202701400393131_1932124604_o.jpg

While I was waiting, I perused a menu, unsure if I wanted the Kid's Mahi-Mahi or the Nicoise Salad with Grilled Chicken and no egg. Ultimately, I decided on the Nicoise Salad with Grilled Chicken and no egg with a Diet Coke, as I would have had to order two Kid's Mahi-Mahi platters.

1491506_10202701400913144_170563179_o.jpg

On my way to my table, a friendly young male cast member asked me where I would like to sit? I told him I did not have a preference and he suggested the West Wing. I agreed with his suggestion and made my way over.

1529740_10202701401593161_1034417714_o.jpg

1522723_10202701402433182_1637741743_o.jpg

About ten minutes later, another friendly young male cast member delivered my meal on one of the signature trolleys. I thought that this was very classy and made for an even easier dining experience. I told the cast member how impressed I was with his method of delivery and he agreed, stating that The Beast "wants nothing but the best for his guests." I certainly agreed with that and tucked into my salad, which I thought was excellent, with tender and juicy grilled chicken, crisp field greens, ripe tomatoes, salty olives, and sweet peppers. The portion was decent and while it was a little pricier than your typical counter service joint, I thought it was justified as the food was very high quality with a good portion and more on par with a table service restaurant than a quick service restaurant. Here is a picture of my delicious meal and more pictures of Be Our Guest:
1597880_10202701405313254_1790317496_o.jpg

1511487_10202701405993271_2044705856_o.jpg

1597292_10202701406753290_2111495499_o.jpg

Next, I visited Storybook Circus, which I thought was whimsical and transported me to the universe of "Dumbo."
1540463_10202701407313304_1811303759_o.jpg

705066_10202701407633312_883739425_o.jpg

While I was there, some clowns, who were very funny, stopped me in my tracks and I had to watch.
1557215_10202701408473333_1689318763_o.jpg

1602166_10202701409553360_768435537_o.jpg

I then proceeded to line up for Dumbo the Flying Elephant, which was elaborately themed with its grand tent and myriad of colors!

1039745_10202701410433382_829965632_o.jpg

1511556_10202701411233402_1398492173_o.jpg

I then received a buzzer (like those in a restaurant) to tell me when I would ride. I was impressed with the play area they had, but I was unable to go on it as I was too big :( . Ah well I am still a kid at heart. Ten minutes later, I was soaring to the skies on my very on Dumbo :D .
Since I wanted to visit Adventureland to meet Aladdin and Jasmine and Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain, I decided to take the train to Frontierland.
1492304_10202701426953795_583643253_o.jpg

1490820_10202701427193801_1889755044_o.jpg

1048532_10202701427673813_524757875_o.jpg

Soon enough, I arrived in Frontierland.
1015097_10202701429033847_382155202_o.jpg

I then walked to Adventureland.
1496015_10202701429433857_1712937579_o.jpg

1598910_10202701429793866_644604203_o.jpg

1491380_10202701430273878_44387640_o.jpg

Unfortunately, I was unable to find Aladdin and Jasmine initially as their regular meet and greet was moved due to construction. I then used the restroom between Adventureland and Frontierland, where I heard the Frontierland Hoedown going on. Since I was not in too much of a rush due to low wait times, I decided to check it out and had fun dancing to "Rocky Top" and "The Hokey Pokey"with characters like Big Al, Br'er Bear, Br'er Rabbit, and more!

1524320_10202701430793891_575641842_o.jpg

After the Hoedown, I decided to check again if Aladdin and Jasmine were meeting. I went to one of the shops in Adventureland and the female cast member pointed me in the right direction to the Adventureland Verandah, where they were meeting. The next day, this location would become a Fastpass+ area, as this was the last day of legacy Fastpass in the MK. After waiting about ten minutes, I visited a whole new world with Aladdin and Jasmine. After I hugged them and told them how I was honored to meet them, Aladdin asked me what my name was and I told him it was "Wolf." He and Jasmine were impressed and they inquired if I could howl like a wolf. I gave it a shot and they were very impressed, which led them to joke with me and their handler that I should have a crowing contest with Peter Pan :rotfl2: .
1534811_10202701431353905_1000604770_o.jpg

After this awesome time with Aladdin and Jasmine, I made my way to Big Thunder Mountain, but a lost MYW ticket on the ground stopped me in my tracks. Since it was not mine, I brought it to the gift shop, where a thankful cast member took it for safe-keeping. This reminds me to point out that you should keep your tickets and other valuables close at hand, as you do not want to loose them! Anyway, I made my way to Big Thunder Mountain, where I was greeted with what could have been my longest standby wait at "60 minutes."
1537790_10202701431793916_1986142088_o.jpg

Since the Fastpass times were for later, I got in line and chatted with a couple visiting from Charleston, WV, took pictures, and checked out the interactive games to pass the time.
1599902_10202701432793941_1436609066_o.jpg

1039999_10202704661514657_1501807898_o.jpg

Thirty minutes later, as opposed to sixty minutes, I was riding "the wildest ride in the wilderness" and having a grand old time!
After riding Big Thunder, I decided to get a Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle as I was thirsty and a little hot. Once I got to Adventureland and ordered my Pineapple Float, a female, who was about in her late 60s-early 70s invited me to sit with her while she was waiting for her husband to get their Pineapple Floats.
-Pineapple Float:
1522812_10202704661474656_1339809042_o.jpg

I learned that her name was Susan after we introduced ourselves and said that her husband Tino, who was probably in his 70s, wouldn't mind. She was right and as we had our Pineapple Floats, which were delicious as always, we must have spent at least thirty minutes talking. Upon their introduction, I learned that Tino was of Italian ancestry and Susan was Polish, not unlike my grandparents who were Polish Jews who immigrated from Poland after the Holocaust. In addition, Tino mentioned that he served in the U.S. Airforce during World War II and then went on to work as a factory worker for General Motors. They lived in Buffalo, NY and were visiting the Disney Parks and Holy Land for two weeks all while staying at the Shades of Green, due to Tino's military status. We enjoyed talking about our lives and about subjects like cars, religion (don't worry, it was peaceful :good vibes as they mentioned they were Jehovah's Witnesses and I mentioned that I was Jewish.), and where we were from. I am glad I met Tino and Susan, as they were wonderful people and I hope that they are doing well.
Since it was nearly 2:30PM and the temperature had peaked, I decided to call it an afternoon after I took a picture in front of the castle (along with some others) and head back to my hotel for a break.
1492531_10202704661434655_1821512594_o.jpg

1492466_10202704662314677_533063164_o.jpg

1559494_10202704662354678_797428589_o.jpg

After arriving back at my hotel at about 3:00PM, I changed into my bathing suit and relaxed by swimming in the pool and soaking in the hot tub for 1.5 hours :beach: .

After swimming for 1.5 hours, I went upstairs to my room, where I showered to get ready for my evening in the Magic Kingdom. I then ate a small supper of Boar's Head Three Pepper Colby Jack with Gluten Free Bread and strawberries, as I would be eating at the Grand Floridian's quick service later. After supper, I headed downstairs and since I still had time until the 6:00PM MK shuttle came, I decided to go to the hotel gift shop to buy a Mickey poncho, as the forecast for my day at Epcot projected a 60% chance of rain with temperatures in the 70s. The helpful ladies in the gift shop wanted to sell me the poncho, but advised me not to buy it then as they did not want me to waste money due to the fact that the forecasts in Florida are erratic and if it rains, it is usually only for a short period of time. I thanked them and went to wait for the shuttle. The 6:00PM shuttle came and I then caught the monorail, arriving in the Magic Kingdom at a little after 6:30PM. Next, I tried to find a place to watch the parade, but had a hard time initially due to the crowds. Thankfully, Louise and her husband Carl, a former Marine from South Carolina, were delightful and offered to let me watch the Main Street Electrical Parade with them. While the start of the parade was delayed by a few minutes, the parade was magical, with a plethora of characters, excellent lighting, and music on a synthesizer, which made it pleasantly retro. Here are some pictures:
1025573_10202704673354953_1534231233_o.jpg

1523679_10202704673474956_966871459_o.jpg

1487880_10202704673314952_407761149_o.jpg

1557227_10202704673434955_1614862364_o.jpg

1614615_10202704677515057_40627359_o.jpg

1040416_10202704677395054_1793184049_o.jpg

1523963_10202704677475056_1732327858_o.jpg

1014702_10202704677595059_1217510078_o.jpg

1496226_10202704677435055_1226438255_o.jpg

1486048_10202704678555083_1639404674_o.jpg

1601783_10202704674674986_1121413325_o.jpg

1496096_10202704674634985_1006934661_o.jpg

1501626_10202704674754988_342640341_o.jpg

1602171_10202704674714987_458494696_o.jpg

1614547_10202704681595159_810363817_o.jpg

1529852_10202704682995194_1611750052_o.jpg

1048181_10202704682915192_800594202_o.jpg

Next, I staked out a spot on the southeastern side of the castle to watch Celebrate The Magic, which was excellent by combining clips from Disney films both old and new along with Disney music. After that, Wishes commenced at 8:00PM and it was magical to see the fireworks light up the night sky.

1606522_10202704690275376_1992180201_o.jpg

1523679_10202704691675411_1562819507_o.jpg

893120_10202704691835415_1591502232_o.jpg

1519875_10202704695275501_611289696_o.jpg

Please disregard that it says Day 1 above, I put that by mistake. These events happened on Day 2 :) .
After Wishes ended, I still had 40 minutes until the park closed at 9:00PM. With that in mind, I wasted no time and went to Tomorrowland.
1557399_10202704690315377_863561262_o.jpg

1606453_10202704697915567_316730245_o.jpg

Since Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin had no wait, I decided to ride that first.
1496036_10202704697955568_2080976093_o.jpg

I had an awesome time riding and achieved Level 4-Space Scout, making this my best score yet!
On my way to Space Mountain, I could not help but notice the Incredibles Super Dance Party. I danced to fun music and even danced along with Mrs. Incredible, Mr. Incredible, and I also high fived Frozone, even though he jokingly rejected at first haha.
1501507_10202704711235900_1698210583_o.jpg

1614453_10202704711275901_137220068_o.jpg

Finally, I went to ride Space Mountain, which is one of my favorite attractions. I got on with a quick wait time of "15 minutes" and had a wonderful time blasting off through the mountains of space.
1484020_10202704711395904_134982124_o.jpg

1618304_10202704711355903_1306675202_o.jpg

1556315_10202704712435930_1056732575_o.jpg

Since it was 9:05PM after I exited Space Mountain, I made my way to the front of the park to go to the Grand Floridian. While I waited for the resort launch, I caught a glimpse of the water parade.
1504476_10202704716396029_1561815923_o.jpg

1147021_10202704716356028_130951865_o.jpg

As soon as I got to the dock, the water launch arrived.
1518891_10202704720356128_861909656_o.jpg

I wanted to visit the Grand Floridian as I have never been there and since I am not a high roller, I could not stay there (yet). I figured since I could not stay there, why not visit? Finally, I was on my way to what I consider to be the Lexus or Mercedes-Benz of Disney World hotels.
1015736_10202704720396129_1382369752_o.jpg

Soon enough, we arrived at the Grand Floridian after a relaxing ride on the water launch. After I arrived, I received a phone call from my best friend, Jon, who wanted to know how I was doing? I told him about my wonderful day and since he did not want to keep from enjoying the magic too long, he wished me a good trip. I explored the grounds and various areas of the hotel as I walked to Gasparilla Island Grill for dinner. I found everything to be opulent and the cast members I met were wonderful!
966157_10202704720436130_1068343899_o.jpg

Finally, I arrived at the Gasparilla Island Grill. I found it not only to be immaculate, but very upscale for a quick service.
1606322_10202704720276126_1516447809_o.jpg

1506270_10202704722076171_766790318_o.jpg

I ordered a Create Your Own Salad with pretty much every vegetable they had and grilled chicken. The servers at that station were friendly and accomodating and made my salad well and efficiently. I got a bottle of Perrier to drink and checked out with Carol, who was very sweet! Finally, I sat down and made myself comfortable. I found that the portion was large, the chicken was juicy and tender, and the vegetables were all crisp. For about $11, this entree salad was a good value as the portion was large and the quality was excellent. Here is a picture of my meal:
1506218_10202704722036170_732179374_o.jpg

While I was eating, I met Ron from Morristown, NJ, a father who was visiting with his three children. He was a very nice guy and he was having a great time. What was interesting about this meeting was that he was from the same town that my aunt is from, so I asked him if he knew her and he did not. The irony of this was the fact that my aunt's ex-husband was named Ron, though this was not the same person. I wished Ron a magical evening as he was tucking into the many items he bought for himself and his kids to eat.
Finished with my meal, I left Gasparilla Island Grill as Carol and a food runner, who was an older gentleman, wished me a magical evening. I then checked out the opulent lobby of the Grand Floridian, where I took a couple of pictures.
1492443_10202704722116172_1132195521_o.jpg

1529757_10202704722196174_201413048_o.jpg

Since it was approaching 10:00PM, I decided to make my way to the bus loading area to get a bus to Downtown Disney. As soon as I got there, a Downtown Disney bus arrived and while I was on the bus, I met a family from the Toronto area with a 6 year old boy and a 3.5 year old girl. They were very pleasant and we talked about our trips and was especially interested in what they had to say, as they were visiting Orlando for 2 weeks and focusing on Disney and Universal. While they were going to go back to the Contemporary Resort via monorail, they used the bus instead as the monorails were no longer running as the Magic Kingdom was closed. About twenty minutes later, we arrived in the Downtown Disney area and I wished the family a good night. I then walked back to the Hilton, where I called my mom and got ready for bed. Overall, I had a magical day at the Magic Kingdom and enjoyed the Grand Floridian (who knows, maybe I'll stay there one day? I would not mind at all :D ). At about 11:00PM, I went to bed and I was excited to go to Epcot the next day :D .

Hi everyone! I am gratified to see that so many people like my trip report so far. I just wanted to let everyone know that because I will be taking a day trip to Mattapoisset, MA (30 miles SE of Providence, 40 miles W of Cape Cod, and 50 miles S of Boston) to visit our the breeder of our dogs, as we have become excellent friends with her. I will post some pictures of our trip in addition to this trip report and I look forward to continuing the trip report further as it is coming along very well :cool1: . Thank you everyone and have a magical weekend! :)

Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell everyone that two days ago on July 12th, 2014; my mom and I visited our friend Nancy, who is the breeder of our two Affenpinschers, Gwendolyn and Arabella (they are half-sisters) and lives in Mattapoisett, MA. She also shows dogs and is still breeding Affenpinschers at age 84! It is located about 40 miles west of Cape Cod and it is a beautiful place! We left our home in Central Nassau at about 8:00AM. By about 9:30AM, we were making good time and we arrived at the Milford, CT-North Service Plaza at about 9:40AM, where we stretched our legs and switched drivers.
10428675_10203944295384729_3478955620867799610_n.jpg

After leaving Milford, we continued our drive until our fuel tank was running low. Unfortunately, I got a little lost in the Exeter, RI area after misreading the services sign for the Exit as I did not realize it was an exit that had more than one direction. Thanks to the guidance of my GPS, I was able to get back to I-95 and found gas at the next exit, not making the same mistake I did the first time. After getting fuel, we continued and arrived in Mattapoisett at about 12:45PM.
-View of Buzzard’s Bay:
10502376_10203945298569808_5027666603698665189_n.jpg

For the afternoon, we visited Nancy along with Kathy and Claire, from the Boston area, who owned Finn, one of Nancy’s puppies and Rhiannon, a veterinarian from Arlington, VT who owned Diamond Joy (Arabella’s mother) and Amber (Arabella’s full sister). Susan, Nancy’s daughter and Tony, her husband, also visited with their Golden Retrievers and cat. In addition, Nancy’s dogs Token, an Affenpinscher and Jewel and Pebbles, who are Affenpinscher puppies, also joined the party. We schmoozed, had lobster rolls for lunch, and walked to the nearby beach along Buzzard’s Bay to take in the scenery.
-Arabella and Gwendolyn:
10506768_10203948992662158_1739441506289889725_o.jpg

-Puppies Finn (with leg cast due to being stepped on by a Giant Schnauzer ☹), Pebbles, and Jewel:
10498181_10203948988062043_8358779974423944317_o.jpg

-Rhiannon with Amber (left) and Diamond Joy (right):
10498181_10203948988062043_8358779974423944317_o.jpg

-Token:
10387151_10203948989022067_3507897526630927109_o.jpg

-Lunch:
10483808_10203948988142045_5909070716726760630_o.jpg

-My lunch of lobster meat on gluten-free bread with lettuce and a pickle:
10497946_10203948988182046_419767840631008057_o.jpg

-My mom with Gwendolyn and Arabella:
1529983_10203948976661758_9126740300380127638_o.jpg

-Nancy leading with Token followed by Rhiannon with Amber and Diamond Joy and my mom with Arabella and Gwendolyn:
10498212_10203948976701759_2951642715507806387_o.jpg

-Buzzards Bay:
10553647_10203948975101719_8174553418616102868_o.jpg

We stayed until about 6:00PM, as we needed to leave for home. Before getting home, we stopped at the Oxford Creamery, an excellent local seafood shack and ice cream shop, which I went to when I first visited Mattapoisett.
10431264_10203948992542155_2982874586074916364_o.jpg

Since they were low on lobster for lobster rolls due to very high crowds, I got a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and no bun, which was delicious and inexpensive at $4.75! Since I loved their homemade ice cream the first time I went, I got a Medium cup with Chocolate and Moose Tracks, which was excellent!
10387115_10203948992622157_7199495231807753611_o.jpg

We left the Oxford Creamery at about 6:30PM and had a very smooth and quick ride back to our home in Central Nassau using I-195 west, I-95 south to the Throgs Neck Bridge, the Cross Island Parkway south, and the Northern State Parkway east. We arrived home at 10:10PM. We had a wonderful time in Mattapoisett as it was a pleasure visiting our friend Nancy along with her other friends and we can’t wait to go back again. And now, back to the trip report…

After a magical day at the Magic Kingdom, I woke up at 5:30AM to get ready to be on the 7:30AM bus to Epcot, as it was Extra Magic Hours that day. I don’t know if I mentioned this earlier, but the Hilton Orlando-Lake Buena Vista is the only DDRA hotel that gets EMH. After asking the manager later in my trip, I found out the Hilton gets EMH due to the fact that they were grandfathered into this program back in the 80s when Disney had less of their own properties. But I digress. Once again, I got ready and had Three-Pepper Colby Jack, gluten-free bread, a banana, and orange juice for breakfast. At 7:00AM, I left my room to get a poncho at the gift shop as it was overcast with a 60% chance of rain and made my way to the bus stop. At the bus stop, I met Kenny, a Chinese-American man in his 30s from Flushing, Queens (I learned this when we were talking on the bus) and his girlfriend Victoria visiting from Atlanta. I first met them in the hallway of my hotel, as their room was across from mine. While we were chatting on the bus, my mom called to check up on me.
Unfortunately, she was slightly disgruntled, as I did not answer my phone earlier (even though I did not hear it). Thankfully, when I told her I was in the middle of getting ready and did not hear my phone, she was fine with that. I told her how I was excited about my day and she wished me a good day. As I chatted further with Kenny and Victoria, they mentioned that they were doing Epcot until closing and having dinner at Nine Dragons. I told them that I would be also staying the whole day and having dinner at Teppan Edo. With similar itineraries, they invited me to join them in their day of touring, which was an offer I could not refuse. We arrived at Epcot at 7:45AM, but the plans to tour with Kenny and Victoria did not pan out, as they had an issue with their tickets not scanning ☹ . Their tickets were legitimate; as I saw them on the bus back to the hotel later that night and they had a great day. They told me to go on without them, as they were going to be a few minutes and I felt out of this world entering Epcot again!
886201_10202704730476381_774196737_o.jpg

Wasting no time, I made my way over to Soarin,’ where I waited less than five minutes and had a wonderful time being whisked over the various landscapes of California.
857597_10202704730556383_1925209453_o.jpg

Next, I went over to the reimagined Test Track.
1614456_10202704732396429_236809271_o.jpg

Originally, I had planned to use the Singles Line, but it was not available, so I joined the masses and waited a mere 20 minutes. Once inside, I had the pleasure of building my own car. Since I like sporty cars, I decided to make a prototype of a coupe emphasizing power and agility.
1512269_10202704732436430_1905252666_o.jpg

1534965_10202704732316427_2034210027_o.jpg

1553293_10202704753836965_1344104095_o.jpg

1553293_10202704753756963_545361219_o.jpg

After designing my car, I was on Test Track a few minutes later and put to my paces as a mock test dummy haha. Since I am into cars, I decided to check out the rest of the Test Track pavilion. Here are some pictures:
-Camaro Z28
1496119_10202704753796964_980057240_o.jpg

1504208_10202704755237000_85133225_o.jpg

The brand new Corvette Stingray caught my eye and a young female GM cast member asked me if I had any questions on the car. I told her I could not think of anything at the time, but she mentioned that it delivers performance comparable to a Porsche 911 Carrera or a Ferrari, but at a starting cost of $50,000 compared to $100,000 or more for the competition.
1556393_10202704755277001_15180563_o.jpg

1511823_10202704755357003_964799905_o.jpg

1504285_10202704755397004_514906197_o.jpg

I decided to check out some other Chevrolets on the showroom floor and I received a text from my dad, who wanted to know how my trip was? I told him that I was having an excellent time and that I was at Epcot as of 8:00AM that morning. He complimented me and told me “that I was wasting no time.” He wished me a great time for the rest of my trip and I continued to explore the Chevrolets.
1047953_10202704755437005_525643558_o.jpg

As I was passing through the souvenir shop in the Test Track pavilion, I saw a Corvette t-shirt with the tagline “America still builds rocketships” and a red Corvette on the back of the shirt. During my browsing, Mike, a middle-age cast member from Long Island, NY helped me. I asked him where he was from and he told me that he was from Massapequa, which is 20 minutes southeast of where I live. He knew exactly where I lived by mentioning that using the Long Island Expressway (I-495), you would use Exit 40. While we were reminicisng about Long Island, he got me the Corvette t-shirt I just saw in a large size. He had to help another customer afterwards, so he wished me a good trip and a sweet young Black cast member from New York, NY checked me out and prepared the t-shirt to be shipped to my hotel.
Next, it was time to go on Mission Space:Green, where I had a five minute wait.
1519305_10202704757117047_1094110007_o.jpg

Tim, the father of two children named Spencer and Charlotte, joined me for the ride. I could not help but notice that Charlotte was wearing a Princess Anna dress, which was very cute! Tim told me that he was touring with his children while his wife was waiting in Norway so his children could meet Anna and Elsa. We chatted for a little bit and he mentioned that if I met Anna and Elsa early enough, the wait would not be too long. While I wanted to meet them, I was not sure if I could do it as I learned the waits were very long! I considered, but went on Mission Space, where I got the position of “Navigator.” While Charlotte was a little scared, we all enjoyed the exhilirating ride to space in the end. As they headed back to Norway, I decided to attempt to meet Anna and Elsa and hotfoot it to Norway, but not without taking this picture in the Mission Space pavilion:
906235_10202704756957043_1685683421_o.jpg

In Norway, I found out the wait would be about an hour from Wayne, a cast member working the line as of 10:30AM. Since I had completed my headliner attractions, I decided to wait and got in line. In back of me, I met a family from Ohio, who was travelling with their 5 and 7 year old girls, named Ava and Bella respectively. Ava was dressed up as Princess Anna and Bella was dressed up as Queen Elsa, so they were definitely ready for the occasion ☺. We had a pleasurable time chatting about our lives and I also met a family from Seattle, who wanted to know more about New York as they had not been there in a while . I told them that it is a great city and that there is something for everyone. The family from Seattle said that it is a very nice city as it is interesting, the people are tolerant, and it does not rain as much as you think it would. While I was waiting, Ava sang a nice rendition of “Let It Go” (the Idina Menzel version) as she held her mother’s iPhone to her ear. I don’t know why she did it a very low volume as she sounded good ☺. Since I could tell how much Ava and Bella wanted to meet Anna and Elsa and they were very patient, I offered to let them go ahead, but they declined. While we were waiting, it rained for about 30 minutes, but the sky cleared up afterwards. At about 12:10PM, I finally met Anna and Elsa.
Let me just say that this interaction was definitely worth the wait! First off, Anna and Elsa were gorgeous and were perfect for their parts. They were very happy to see me and they were both grateful to receive a “warm hug” from me. I found both princesses to be warm. However, Anna was very bubbly and talkative while Elsa was a little more reserved and regal. They asked me if I saw Olaf, Kristoff, or Sven, so I told them I did not ☹ . I asked them if they wanted to build a snowman and they happily agreed. After this interaction, I bid them farewell and was definitely lovestruck after interacting with them!
1498026_10202704759757113_55349544_o.jpg

I went into the souvenir shop, where I took this cool picture:
1506226_10202704759837115_1282407027_o.jpg

Since I was feeling hungry, I decided to grab lunch at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe, as it was nearby and well-regarded by the Unoffical Guide. I found the Norweigian cast members there to be friendly and accomodating and I ordered the Smoked Salmon sandwich with no egg or bread along with a salad and a Diet Coke.
1506226_10202704759877116_1538156560_o.jpg

Before I ate, mom called to check up on me. I told her that I was about to eat a lunch of Smoked Salmon with goat cheese, onion, a salad, and a Diet Coke. While she was happy with that lunch for the most part, she was worried as it did not have a carbohydrate with it. I was a little flustered as I feel that she should not tell me what to/not to eat as I am an adult. Thankfully, I reassured her that I had Snyders Gluten-Free Pretzels to eat afterwards and was planning on getting a midday snack afterwards. She commended me for sticking to my diet to combat High Triglycerides and wished me a good lunch. Finally, I had the chance to dig in and found the Smoked Salmon, which was like a Gravalax, to be smooth, buttery, and peppery, the goat cheese spread to be tangy, and the salad to be fresh and crisp. I was definitely pleased with this lunch as it was something different and I hope to eat there again! After lunch, I rode Maelstrom, which only had a five minute wait.
1504176_10202704761197149_145616569_o.jpg

1523709_10202704759917117_1350148890_o.jpg

After Maelstrom, I took in the scenery at the bustling Mexico pavilion.
1540427_10202704761357153_1280401562_o.jpg

Since I did not ride them earlier, I rode Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land, which were also fun. At about 2:00PM, I made my way to the rest of the World Showcase starting with Canada.
1009079_10202704768637335_1564620716_o.jpg

1617515_10202704768757338_1587132415_o.jpg

Next, I visited the United Kingdom, as I wanted to explore the Toy Soldier Shop and see British Revolution, a cover band playing songs from artists like The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, The Clash, The Kinks, and more!
-UK:
1492157_10202704768677336_386320419_o.jpg

1534918_10202704770317377_1361762927_o.jpg

1598657_10202704770437380_1268795936_o.jpg

In the Toy Soldier, I met a female cast member from England and we talked about English rock for a bit. She also said that the British Revolution was very good. I perused the souvenirs, closely examining The Beatles souvenirs, but found them to be a bit on the pricey side. Since there was nothing that caught my interest, I passed. Before heading outside, I noticed that Pooh and Tigger were doing a character greet in the back of the pavilion, so I went to line up. To my delight, the wait was only five minutes. Talking to another adult in line, I found out that the addition of Anna and Elsa had a huge impact on the supply and demand of characters at Epcot, as Anna and Elsa had long waiting times while the other characters in Epcot had short waiting times. I then had the pleasure of meeting Pooh and Tigger, who were absolutely wonderful. Pooh gave me a big bear hug while I had the pleasure of bouncing with Tigger!
1522757_10202704770517382_1404092834_o.jpg

1501236_10202704770357378_60067350_o.jpg

Since I had a few minutes, I grabbed a spot in the garden of the UK pavilion as British Revolution was playing shortly. Unfortunately, the bench was slightly damp from the rain earlier day, but I suppose that it is fitting as it tends to rain in England a lot (no offense to any Brits reading). Before I knew it, "Pump it Up" by Elvis Costello played on the speakers to preclude the introduction of British Revolution. Finally, British Revolution took the stage and had the audience, including myself, rocking! While each show is different as they play different songs, the show I saw included: "I Saw Here Standing There" by The Beatles, "Kashimir" by Led Zeppelin, "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones, Baba O'Reilly" by The Who, "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John, "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash, and they ended off with "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.
1537978_10202704770397379_492827096_o.jpg

While it is not like seeing the real thing (I had the pleasure of seeing The Who at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn back in 2012), I thought that British Revolution did an excellent job! They sang all of the songs very well and engaged the audience very well, as people were making rock gestures and dancing to all of the songs. I even had the pleasure of meeting the stars of British Revolution, who were more than happy to meet with everyone. I complimented them on their excellent skills and told them how I liked that they played "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash, as they are an excellent group and in my Top 3 along with The Beatles and The Who. We took a cool picture and my mom later remarked that I could fit in the band due to my looks :) :
britishrevolution_zpsba594cd3.jpeg

Next, I crossed the English Channel err International Gateway to visit France, which was magnifique with its detail, which made me feel more like I was in Paris than in Central Florida.
1601998_10202704775277501_1177674740_o.jpg

Since I was feeling a little hungry, I stopped into Les Halles: Boulangerie Patisserie for a Cheese Plate and a Dasani to wash it down. I thought Les Halles was whimsical and did a good job at capturing a Parisian bakery/cafe. I decided to order in French, since I still remembered my high school French and the lovely French female cast member was very impressed. Not only that, at $9.25 before tax, the Cheese Plate, which included Brie, Goat, Blue, Gouda, and Gruyere Cheese over a bed of lettuce was delicious and filling, making it a good larger snack for touring in Epcot.
1048767_10202704778917592_222472825_o.jpg

1532042_10202704785997769_1978196933_o.jpg

After my snack, I left Les Halles to see if Belle was meeting. She was greeting guests, but I was informed that she would not be meeting again until 4:30PM as the queue was closed. With that in mind, I decided to say Salam to Morocco, which was exotic with its tile work and grand architecture.
1015381_10202704785877766_1482197211_o.jpg

1490747_10202704785917767_1973086389_o.jpg

I then passed Japan, where I would be having dinner at 6:10PM and snapped a few pictures:
1495234_10202704787277801_1547722764_o.jpg

1518687_10202704786037770_521457829_o.jpg

1557327_10202704785957768_1758019922_o.jpg

I then passed the United States pavilion, where I was planning to see the American Adventure after dinner as well as Italy:
1493378_10202704787157798_2020312846_o.jpg

1512047_10202704787077796_195395185_o.jpg

I then visited Germany, where I checked out the souvenirs and spoke to the cast members and we conversed about our lives in our respective nations.
1522643_10202704787197799_610966329_o.jpg

1048971_10202704803198199_1742712200_o.jpg

1540300_10202704803158198_1914686514_o.jpg

Since it was about 4:00PM, I decided to make my way back to France to meet Belle.

After visiting Germany, I made my way back to France in order to meet Belle. On my way to France, I could not help but notice that there were quite a few characters were meeting to the left of The American Adventure. I saw that Goofy, Chip and Dale, Baloo, and King Louie were meeting guests. Since I have never met Baloo and King Louie and they are only found at the Animal Kingdom, I decided to meet them and not pass the opportunity up. After a less than five minute wait, I met Baloo and King Louie to be friendly and full of energy. I felt like I was dancing with them to "I Wanna Be Like You" or "Bare Necessities."
1493485_10202704804798239_607863479_o.jpg

1556235_10202704804838240_463118188_o.jpg

After my unexpected to surprise, I arrived in line to meet Belle a little before 4:30PM. Belle's line was a bit lengthy, but nowhere close to the length of Anna and Elsa's line. After 20 minutes, I finally had a wonderful time meeting Belle, who was beautiful and in her blue dress. Belle asked me if I was touring the world by horse. While I did not actually have a horse, I mentioned that I was traveling the world by horseback and she mentioned that she likes to ride Philipe, her horse around the world as well. I also asked her how the Beast and Maurice, her father were doing and she mentioned that they were well :D .
1511486_10202704804758238_557969012_o.jpg

1039548_10202704804718237_631595533_o.jpg

Before I left, Belle said that she would say hi to the Beast, Maurice, and Philipe for me and I wished her well. After meeting Belle, I made my way to Japan, with about an hour until my 6:10PM ADR at Teppan Edo. Here are some pictures from my visit to Japan, which is one of my favorite pavilions due to the cultural elements and the serenity, which stems from areas like the garden and pond:
-Japanese drummers:
1039548_10202704804918242_1415725915_o.jpg

1606311_10202704830438880_533628257_o.jpg

1547923_10202704816518532_818767896_o.jpg

614708_10202704818158573_1225378091_o.jpg

1537620_10202704816438530_2116637826_o.jpg

1540261_10202704818078571_1315343857_o.jpg

1490761_10202704818118572_1872616640_o.jpg

1613991_10202704818358578_1995846002_o.jpg

Since it was almost 6:00PM, I left Mitsukoshi, where I had a wonderful time enjoying retail therapy among the plethora of products and the polite and talkative cast members from Japan. My ADR at Teppan Edo was coming up, so I wanted to check in to be ready for dinner.
1492372_10202704830518882_1491291878_o.jpg

Inside, two friendly hostesses checked me in and gave me a buzzer, which would go off when my table was ready. I caught a glimpse of Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining, which I found to be immaculate, modern, and authentic! At about 6:05PM, my buzzer sounded and I was escorted to my hibachi table by the hostess. At my table, I met my table mates, who included a grandmother visiting with her son, his wife, and her grandchildren, I remember she was a snowbird who lived in Cape May, NJ and Jacksonville, FL. I also met a couple from Washington, D.C. who worked in the Pentagon and were formerly from Chicago. While this meal was excellent, these table mates definitely added to the experience as they were enjoyable to be with. Soon enough, Masami, our warm and bubbly waitress, introduced herself and took our drink orders. As I ordered my Iced Green Tea, she mentioned the fact that I had allergies to gluten and egg and brought out Timothy, the manager, who was friendly and very accommodating.
1489592_10202704830638885_846102282_o.jpg

Since the food was fine for my diet, I had nothing to worry about and Masami even brought me Gluten Free soy sauce, which was very much appreciated but not necessary, as Soy Sauce agrees with me, since it is only a trace amount of gluten. She then came back to take our food orders and I ordered a salad, Salmon Sashimi, and Hibachi Chicken with white rice. I ordered all these foods as I was not sure about the portion size due to some people saying the portions were small, but it turns out this was not the case. After the table ordered, Naioki, our Hibachi Chef introduced himself as Naioki from "Pensacola, Japan" haha. He mentioned that he was in the U.S. Air Force and we all thanked him for his service. He then repeated our orders and when he got to my order, he wanted to know if he should use Gluten Free Soy Sauce and I told him regular Soy Sauce is fine. He agreed to that and as he was starting the grill, Masami delivered my Salmon Sashimi and salad. I was pleasantly surprised by the sashimi as it was far better than when I had it in 2005 with my mom, due to better quality now. The Salmon Sashimi had a satiny sheen and melted in my mouth like butter. The salad was also excellent, as the tomato was ripe, the greens were crisp, and the ginger dressing was tangy.
1074434_10202704832758938_2050926003_o.jpg

Chef Naioki started the show and immediately, he impressed with his showmanship. He was very skilled with the knife, as he was very meticulous in cutting everything and we enjoyed watching him make the onion volcano, which is always is a classic. One thing I noticed was that he did not use butter, which was a pleasant surprise since most Hibachi places I have been to use it. While he could not light the grill on fire due to regulations in Reedy Creek, he still had a ball entertaining for us! :D
1490753_10202704844199224_1341321619_o.jpg

964636_10202704844119222_1414832031_o.jpg

1502862_10202704844159223_334805542_o.jpg

1511459_10202704846039270_97962143_o.jpg

After Chef Naioki's excellent performance, I finally had the chance to tuck into my Hibachi Chicken, which was excellent and a larger portion than I expected. I found the chicken to be tender, juicy, and well flavored with seasoning and a squirt of lemon juice. The mushrooms were meaty, the onions were sweet and tangy, the zucchini had a pleasantly smoky flavor, and the rice was well cooked. In addition, the sauces I had on the side, which included two helpings of the sweet sauce and two of the mustard based sauces, complemented my meal.
1522983_10202704846119272_664505532_o.jpg

Finally, my meal was over. This meal cost me about $50 in change, but it was worth it as the food was excellent, the service was friendly and accommodating, and I thoroughly enjoyed the show and atmosphere. While there are Hibachi places near where I live, I thought that Teppan Edo was better and I would definitely return again! Since it was about 7:30PM, I made my way to the American Adventure.

After a delicious dinner in Japan, I went over to the American Adventure, which is another awesome pavilion as it evokes the colonial spirit of America. While I was waiting, I met a French tourist about my age, who was obsessed with "Frozen." He was wearing a t-shirt that he made at the make your own t-shirt store in Downtown Disney, which featured Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Sven, Olaf, and Hans from "Frozen." He added that he had wanted to meet Anna and Elsa, but that the line was too long. I advised him that if he were to go earlier in the day, he would have a better shot at meeting them as the wait times are much lower. He agreed that this was good advice and five minutes later, we were both excited to see The American Adventure.
1512270_10202704846159273_464561424_o.jpg

I am so glad I had the chance to see The American Adventure and I would love to see it again on my next visit. I loved the combination of multimedia, such as the animatronic Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain along with different scenes of American history and American music. If that is not enough, I loved how they went through America's history warts and all, highlighting both the good times and the bad. After The American Adventure, I felt uplifted and patriotic! :D
After visiting the American Adventure, I went next door to Italy, where I browsed in the Il Bel Cristallo, La Bottega Italiana shop, which had many fun Italian goods.
1557137_10202704848719337_378532596_o.jpg

While there were was nothing I wanted to buy, I bought a few small chocolates equivalent to penny candies worth about $2.00 in all. A sweet, middle-aged Italian lady checked me out and we talked about Italy. I do not remember where she was from in Italy, but she said that Italy is a beautiful country and that I should visit when I have the chance. I happily agreed, as I love Italian people, history, and of course the food. I wished the Italian lady a good night and as I was walking, my iPhone was ringing. I noticed that it was my mom and I was happy to take her call in the courtyard of Italy on this balmy evening. I told her that I had a wonderful day and was impressed that I saw Epcot the whole day without stopping. She said that she could never do a whole day at Epcot as it is exhausting. I told her that I was able to manage, but if I had more time, I would have done a morning in Future World one day and an afternoon/evening in World Showcase on another day. Mom was very happy I had a great day and she wished me a good time at Illuminations. After visiting Italy, I went to China, which was ancient and palatial in its stature.
1073057_10202704848799339_459994081_o.jpg

1614319_10202704848679336_698050522_o.jpg

1531958_10202704848639335_1253058268_o.jpg

After China, I made my way to the Northern half of the World Showcase lagoon at about 8:30AM. I got a spot with an excellent view of The World Showcase near the Disney Traders Shop. The fireworks started at 9:00PM and I thoroughly enjoyed the pyrotechnics and the brotherhood of man message :D . Here are some pictures:
1523325_10202704849799364_1636550065_o.jpg

1606516_10202704848839340_423708370_o.jpg

1512219_10202704854239475_990420207_o.jpg

1559508_10202704854319477_612743436_o.jpg

After Illuminations, I made my way to Mousegear, which happens to be one of my mom's favorite Disney souvenir shops. I had promised her I would buy her a new stuffed Minnie, so I looked around and I saw a Minnie that I have never seen before. It was a regular-size Tinkerbelle Minnie and after texting a picture of it to my mom, she decided that she wanted me to buy that Minnie. Since that was the Minnie she wanted, I lined up and Rhonda, a friendly older cast member from Binghamton, NY helped me. Since I was from Long Island, NY, we chatted for a bit as we were both from the same state and she mentioned that she knew of Westbury, where I am from due to the Roosevelt Raceway that used to be there. After that, I made my way out of the park to get the 9:35PM shuttle to the Hilton, Royal Plaza (now B-Hotel), Holiday Inn, and Doubletree. Onboard, I ran into Kenny and Victoria, who I met that morning and they apologized for not being able to tour with me. I told them not to worry about and mentioned that I had an awesome day! They said that they toured Epcot the whole day and that they had a delicious dinner at Nine Dragons. During the ride back to the hotel, I also met a family with two daughters, a 21-year old and a 15 year old going to the Royal Plaza. The family was very nice, however, the older daughter was drunk and very boisterous, though harmless. At about 9:55PM, I arrived back at the Hilton with Kenny and Victoria. I wished Kenny and Victoria a good night and I headed up to my room, where I called my mom, got ready, and went to bed, ready for another exciting day at the Animal Kingdom.

Great trip report - very thorough! Sounds like you had a nice trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter