For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Avengers with the Jenny Family

It was only a few days later when we were all up before 7AM at our respective households on the Disney app, waiting for that clock to hit 7AM.

I never even got the "Join" button, but luckily Chloe did! She got is BG 47. Not bad and at least I wouldn't have to rush around. This time I wasI was already dressed, so I did my morning stuff. Fed the cats, and got ready to go. However, we had packages to drop off at Fed Ex before we could head out to the park. I should have just planned to take care of it after I left the park. You see we were shipping a trombone and we had "built" a box by taking three separate boxes and taping them together. Since the distribution center didn’t open until 9AM, we took it to a "FedEx Office" location. We should have just headed directly out to Disney because we lost almost an hour driving across town and then didn't even get to drop off everything. They wouldn’t take my Frankenstein box. We did stop at McFood on the way so I wouldn’t starve.

It was 8:53 when we were getting on the freeway, so frustrating!

Just before 10AM I was waiting for Jenny and her family at the exit of Soarin', so we headed over to Avengers Campus and decided to get some photos.

My arm is twisted in the weirdest way in this one, we were supposed to be slinging webs.

We ended up getting there just in time to see the Spiderman Show. Since they had never seen it, we stopped and watched again. I missed this shot the last time I saw the show.

After a stroll through the gift store with no results we headed towards a photo ops for legacy passholders.

Jenny looks less than impressed.

By this time Jenny noticed that mobile ordering had opened for Pym's lunch menu and she frantically took orders for all the kids. I declined anything since Fran and I ate McFood for breakfast and I wasn't hungry, but in hindsight I should have ordered one of those chocolate bars because Jenny forgot to order one. As we were walking around figuring out what to do next, the Dora Milage came out to recruit new members.

Our Webslingers BG had not been called yet so we decided to ride Guardians. And what do you know? Just as we were entering the preshow our group got called!

No worries this is a short ride and as we knew from the week before they let you in well after your group has been called.

Now when I commented that the Walkman was gone when they were skipping the preshow, some of you were perplexed as to how I noticed that.

Well here it is when you enter the room.

Then Rocket comes down out of the air vent to reveal the plan.

On our way out the back door, you can see his little arm reach into the case to grab the Walkman, which he gives back to Quill at the end of the ride.

I believe that we got "We got the Funk" on this time around.

Then we headed over to Webslingers where it was again about a 20 minute wait. There are two preshow rooms and this time we got the other preshow room. The exit into the main queue from this preshow room is a little cooler than the other. I'll have to take a picture next time I ride which should be the end of July if all goes as planned. This update may not even be posted by then! Jenny and I rode together while the rest of the family rode in the car on the other side of ours.

By the time we got off the ride it was getting close to the Mobile order Window from when Jenny had ordered. We decided to go find a table in the dining area that was set up in the queue for the Hyperion Theater. Pretty soon after sitting down Jenny got the push notification that her mobile order window was open and clicked "I'm here prepare my order." She and her daughter went to pick up the food while she sent her hubby to get them some drinks. Both of them got back at about the same time.

Jenny shared her "Not So Little Chicken Sandwich" with me. Fried Chicken Breast, Teriyaki and Red Chili Sauces, and Pickled Cabbage Slaw on Brioche, served with crispy Potato Bites, the chicken itself was really good I would order this again. However the top bun was hard as a rock. There were not nearly enough of the tater tots. If sharing the sandwich, I'd order a side of these.

Michael and Josh got the panini sandwich with Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad. They seemed to like it well enough as they ate it all. I think Michael told Jenny that her sandwich was the winner.

Chloe got the Rigatoni and Ditalini Pastas, Plant-based Meat-balls, Tomato Sauce, Dairy-free Parmesan and Micro Basil, I'm not sure if she was impressed with this or not.

Lunch was just before noon and they were trying to get a BG for RotR. Evidently everyone else in the area was trying for some sort of BG as well, because just after 12PM hit you heard cheers and other exclamations.

The guy at the table next to us stood up and yelled, “Who got a boarding group just now?” and then he panned the crowd taking video on his cell phone of everyone in the area cheering and whooping.

Unfortunately, I had work to do that day. I wanted to ride Webslingers, and I got that done. Also Fran had been texting me, asking if we were done yet and was I ready for her to pick me up. I told her to go ahead and start coming out.

Jenny and her family wanted to give TSMM a go, it had been down in the early morning and now it was back up and running. So I walked with them until they split off to Paradise Pier and I headed back down the path near Grizzly River Run. I spied this guy hanging out. I tried to figure out his name, but can’t find it anywhere.

And with that I headed out for Fran to pick me up and go back to our daily hum drum. But no worries, this was Monday and we would be back by Friday.

Those look really good. ::yes::
Well that was convenient, wasn't it?
Yup! ::yes::
I can see that, but we don't usually share a bathroom at home, so it can be an inconvenience to do so on vacation.
Makes sense.
You are 2/5 correct!
Ah! So it must be.... midge!
Knew I'd get it eventually.
That's pretty huge. These ones are just a little larger than a cell phone, but not flat like a phone.
Much more reasonable. Less daunting.

We should have just headed directly out to Disney because we lost almost an hour driving across town and then didn't even get to drop off everything. They wouldn’t take my Frankenstein box.
:sad2:
Best laid plans...
We did stop at McFood on the way so I wouldn’t starve.
McFood?
Pretty sure there's little to no real food served there. (And yes, I do occasionally eat it.)
x21DL0621JF01.jpg
Gang's all here!
My arm is twisted in the weirdest way in this one, we were supposed to be slinging webs.
Ohhh... I just thought you were all having heart attacks.
Whoa! What the heck?!?!??
Not an Ant Man fan.
the Dora Milage came out to recruit new members.
Pick you?
Our Webslingers BG had not been called yet so we decided to ride Guardians. And what do you know? Just as we were entering the preshow our group got called!
Of course!
No worries this is a short ride and as we knew from the week before they let you in well after your group has been called.
Okay, phew.
On our way out the back door, you can see his little arm reach into the case to grab the Walkman, which he gives back to Quill at the end of the ride.

Ohhhh! That's so cool!
Nice shot of you guys. You crack me up. :laughing:
Huge! Too bad the bun wasn't good, though.
Michael and Josh got the panini sandwich with Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad.
That sounds delish.
The guy at the table next to us stood up and yelled, “Who got a boarding group just now?” and then he panned the crowd taking video on his cell phone of everyone in the area cheering and whooping.
:laughing: Would be fun to see that. :)

Fun update!!!! I forgot about the Bamboo Club! We need to go back!

Well I'm glad you finally ended up getting it. Now we're going to be doing it again in five days!

We need to upload all the tickets etc on all the phones for Rise and WS BGs. Excited for another evening at Trader Sam's and then the ultimate Tiki Takover!!!

I never even got the "Join" button, but luckily Chloe did! She got is BG 47.

If you have a family where not every single member has a phone, you're at a serious disadvantage.

I figured you were just trying to dislocate your shoulder.

We ended up getting there just in time to see the Spiderman Show. Since they had never seen it, we stopped and watched again. I missed this shot the last time I saw the show.

That animatronic is pretty darn impressive.

I get that look from Julie all the time.

As we were walking around figuring out what to do next, the Dora Milage came out to recruit new members.

By threatening you with spears? I feel like there are better ways to accomplish this.

Now it makes sense.

Jenny shared her "Not So Little Chicken Sandwich" with me. Fried Chicken Breast, Teriyaki and Red Chili Sauces, and Pickled Cabbage Slaw on Brioche, served with crispy Potato Bites, the chicken itself was really good I would order this again. However the top bun was hard as a rock. There were not nearly enough of the tater tots. If sharing the sandwich, I'd order a side of these.

That sandwich is hilarious. I could see my self pushing everything aside and just going for the chicken and tots.

Plant-based Meat-balls

I think I found the problem.

No idea. But he's kinda scary-looking.

I never even got the "Join" button, but luckily Chloe did! She got is BG 47.

I have terrible luck too. My kids always seem to be the ones who get this for us.
We did stop at McFood on the way so I wouldn’t starve.

Are you sure you still weren't "starving"? It barely qualifies as food. ;)

And Jenny looks like she's doing a hula.

:lmao:Funny!
Of course it did!!
Then Rocket comes down out of the air vent to reveal the plan.

::yes::

I think you pointed that out when I was there last time. Cute detail!

:scared1: That is inSANE!!

:rotfl:That's super funny!

Those look really good. ::yes::

The Bamboo Club is a good and solid location for grub and Tiki Drinks. Unfortunately for you most of them have rum. But they do have a few with other alcohols....

Ah! So it must be.... midge!
Knew I'd get it eventually.

You're so smart! ;)

McFood?
Pretty sure there's little to no real food served there. (And yes, I do occasionally eat it.)

Sometimes, you just want all that grease!

Gang's all here!

Ohhh... I just thought you were all having heart attacks.

:laughing:

Whoa! What the heck?!?!??

Not sure if a real person goes flying like that or they have two different spideys, one on each side of the building and that's just a mannequin. The whole show is voiced "on tape" and the performers just pantomime.

Not an Ant Man fan.

She didn't know what was going to show up there, but she wasn't going to be thrilled with whatever it was.

Pick you?

Of course not! This old tired body?

Ohhhh! That's so cool!

I never get tired of watching it!

Nice shot of you guys. You crack me up. :laughing:

It's hard to come up with new and unique photo ops with as many times as I ride these rides!

Huge! Too bad the bun wasn't good, though.

Yeah, I think that's just a thing with that sandwich.

That sounds delish.

I have yet to try that one....

:laughing: Would be fun to see that. :)

That's the only time I've experienced the noon boarding group phenomenon.

then next year we booked a Disney Cruise out of San Diego hoping that things would be better by then.

Fingers crossed! I wish Disney had the mandatory vac policy for those that can tbh.

There were and by 5PM that day, we were registered, had a hotel room, and flights back and forth, on points no less!

Boom! Yay for points!

We will be going in February of 2022

That should be a really nice time to go! I'm so looking forward to getting back to the World in the next few years...gotta take the small thing.

We have our cruise almost one month after we get back from WDW, so we entered the month of July with hardly any plans and now we have something going on nearly every month starting this Fall! Let’s hope that this thing doesn’t get worse and cause everything to shut down again! Anyways, I just wanted to share that bit of news with y’all. Now back to our day trips to Disneyland!

It better not get too worse and shut things down!!

Who would have expected Group Freaking 9!!!!!!

Fran and I were still in bed, not even close to being dressed.

I so remember hearing about this LOL

yum yum yum! Love scones, croissants

The ride was totally fun (again).

I enjoyed the review! Like me and Rise, Dorian has been not reading anything about slingers!

"Life's always better with a little alcohol."

Yes indeed!

We lucked out because only about a week later they stopped dispensing drinks in these beakers

Oh boo! Those are adorable!

Fran is always up for some shopping!

I laughed out loud actually at this! Her eyes even look a bit smug to me!

Still the World eh, I like Cali better.

This was so real when I was a kid, all that treasure!

I still prefer the original Redhead, sexist or not.

Me too!!

Getting closer to caught up!

If you have a family where not every single member has a phone, you're at a serious disadvantage.

Well if at least the fast fingered teens have them you're good. But you'll be covered for at least a day.

I figured you were just trying to dislocate your shoulder.

That animatronic is pretty darn impressive

Yeah I wonder about that too. Somehow I think the guy in the spidey suit runs through the building while the Animatronic dummy is catapulted through the air.

I get that look from Julie all the time.

:lmao:

By threatening you with spears? I feel like there are better ways to accomplish this.

But it sure parts the crowd!

Now it makes sense.

That sandwich is hilarious. I could see my self pushing everything aside and just going for the chicken and tots.

Spoiler Alert: I did exactly that last week.

I think I found the problem.

Yeah....I got another story on that for later.

No idea. But he's kinda scary-looking.

:lmao:

Unfortunately for you most of them have rum. But they do have a few with other alcohols....
So... you're saying there's hope...
You're so smart! ;)
;)
Sometimes, you just want all that grease!
Please... not often.
Not sure if a real person goes flying like that or they have two different spideys, one on each side of the building and that's just a mannequin. The whole show is voiced "on tape" and the performers just pantomime.
I read somewhere something about a mannequin, so... maybe?
She didn't know what was going to show up there, but she wasn't going to be thrilled with whatever it was.
It's hard to come up with new and unique photo ops with as many times as I ride these rides!
I believe you! I have trouble with just the few times I've done Splash photos!

I have terrible luck too. My kids always seem to be the ones who get this for us.

I actually seem to have really great luck. When playing from home and we still have to drive to the park. So far of the three or four times I've tried it, twice I've gotten lower than BG10.

Are you sure you still weren't "starving"? It barely qualifies as food. ;)

No, it barely qualifies as food, but it can also fill up the stomach just like styrofoam might.

Of course it did!!

Murphy's Law!

I think you pointed that out when I was there last time. Cute detail!

I like to point that one out, so many people miss it because they are in a hurry to bolt out that back door.

:scared1: That is inSANE!!

It was pretty tasty though.

Looks like a fun morning (except for the mailing run)!

Well the mailing run is just a part of normal life for us so it wasn't so bad. Just a pain that they wouldn't take our box at the retail location when they have no problem at the distribution center.

I'm soooo behinnndd!

It's not like you don't have a good reason.

Those look soooo good!

I can't wait to go back! We have plans in a few weeks.

As does this little number! mmm fried chicken!

Really Tasty!

Looking tasty, I don't really order "milky or creamy" drinks much- how was that one

That was Fran's. It came from the "Coconut" section of the menu. She gave me a taste and it actually didn't taste like coconut

Fingers crossed! I wish Disney had the mandatory vac policy for those that can tbh.

Well they are making their employees get vaccinated.

Boom! Yay for points!

You'd think with the amount that I've rented out there wouldn't be any left!

That should be a really nice time to go! I'm so looking forward to getting back to the World in the next few years...gotta take the small thing.

Hopefully we'll start letting Canadians in again soon!

It better not get too worse and shut things down!!

Well, it's not looking so good right now.

I so remember hearing about this LOL

Yes, first world problems, I think is the way that I put it.

yum yum yum! Love scones, croissants

And they were baked that morning!

I enjoyed the review! Like me and Rise, Dorian has been not reading anything about slingers!

Hopefully you'll get to experience it first hand in January.

Yes indeed!

Oh boo! Those are adorable!

I know! I have mine on a shelf with a bunch of other Disney mugs.

I laughed out loud actually at this! Her eyes even look a bit smug to me!

I think she was saying "hurry up and take the picture so I can go unload all this stuff."

Still the World eh, I like Cali better.

Me too.

This was so real when I was a kid, all that treasure!

I never saw it until I was older and jaded.

Me too!!

Getting closer to caught up!

Hoping to have another update soon, I'm getting swamped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter