For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

OMG, that was a fun night! Can't wait to see you guys again NEXT week! I need to find a lightsaber ASAP!

Well, there's your problem!

If only it were so easy!

I'm not a plumber, but that doesn't seem good.

Yeah, I had the same thought....

I guess that sounds better than completely replacing the pipes.

Or "breaking concrete" which was the words the other guy used.

Ugh. I know I, for one, would never dream of ruining Julie's fun evening by being a grumpy sourpuss. :rolleyes1

Hmmm....sounds like there might be a story in there somewhere.

Careful, don't drink that too fast!

:laughing:

Everything is better at Disney!

Well, maybe not plant based sausage....I got a story about that coming up....

That is quite the sizable drink.

And tasty too....

Wow, impressive!

::yes::

Does the server get a commission?

You would think! Or maybe she just wanted to be helpful.

Aw, I was hoping there would be video.

I found this coffee mug that met all my specifications (tall, wide enough, but not too wide, and microwave safe), so she bought it for me.

travel mug or everyday mug? seems to have a handy lid!

While considering what to order we decided to have some cocktails.

Moscow for you, is the other a Manhattan?

It was pairing with the Smiling Tiger Salad, Spicy Beef (which you can’t see in the picture), Lobster-Shrimp Fritters, and Coconut Vinaigrette.

This looks super!

Now many of you may be scratching your heads about now. The vinaigrette has coconut in it….why would Alison eat this?

I totally did!

While I ate my half of the salad, Fran got the Zucchini Blossom, Goat Cheese, Fava Beans, and Golden Beets. She liked it a lot and ate it right up. She offered me a bite, but I had ordered an entree and wanted to be able to eat that.

What is the red sauce?

this looks yummy, so what was in there?

this looks perfectly cooked!

It was very good and rich, but not my most favorite dessert that I've had. I might try something else if I went back.

I really like rich dark chocolate desserts, yumm!

Fran got the Summer Peach Custard Pie, Blackberries and Peach Sorbet. She was very happy with her choice.

This looks fan-friggin tastic!

The best part about this meal? We got to use Michael's 50% off Coupon that CMs receive as a perk!

WOOOHOOOO!!! That's awesome!

We had received a discount postcard in the mail from a particular plumbing company

Funny, I just got one for furnace servicing which I was going to call

What I don't see, but the plumber did, is that the inside of the pipe has developed imperfections, small points, and rough spots.
Between the blocked pipe and the condition that he noted, he wanted to kick this up to his supervisor, so we made an appointment for the following Monday. I kicked it up to my supervisor and made Fran come along.

I totally laughed out loud about kicking up to BOTH of your supervisors!

I've already signed the contract and paid the deposit for the first procedure. It's scheduled for next week. Once they complete the first job, we will talk about the second one. It's a good thing that we refinanced one of our buildings and pulled out some cash earlier this year. But hopefully after this we won't get any more texts with pictures of sludge in the bathtub and shower.

You def need less sludge to deal with!!!

to the time we arrived at the DLH her mood had gone from just fine to super crappy.

Ahhh ohhh...so I thought..will she stay grumpy...

There were tons of unoccupied tables, but it seems that they just did not have the staff to service the tables.

Common thing in restaurants these days it seems...

I convinced Fran to stay. But she crossed her arms and said, “Fine, but I’m not ordering anything besides a diet coke.”

So I also thought...will that change...will Fran have a cocktail...

Are those giant balls meant to be like fishing floats or ?

We ordered some panko crusted long beans. They were excellent!

Those need to be on my must eat list!

Fran’s Diet Coke. :laughing:

She really did have diet coke!

Michael got what Fran would have normally ordered, the burger with bacon, pineapple, havarti cheese and sweet potato fries.

This will need on the list too for Dorian!

Fran and I were starving and we ordered food at the same time we ordered our drinks. The food came out even before we got our drinks!

Wow! Not a bad thing when starving!

Poke bowl with Ahi tuna. I stirred this all up before eating it and it was really good, but not totally filling.

Dorian will want this possibly too!

Ok new post I think right?!

Sea Monster’s Revenge, that could have had something to do with her jolly mood. It’s usually a drink for two, but she had it mostly to herself.

Nothing like a drink for 2 for 1 hehe

Not sure who got the drink with cherries, but Jenny has a little “skill” that she likes to show off at cocktail parties, she can tie the cherry stem in a knot.

This is a very cool trick indeed, nice work Jenny!

By now Jenny and Michael decided to order a bowl of Ramen, which is another tasty dish at Sam’s.

Yum! what's the brown stuff top left of it?

These looks sooo good! Can't wait for a whip or 3!

Oh? Bad service?
Absolutely horrible.
about a month ago we got another text from the same tenants that they had been away for a while and came home to yet more sludge in the tub and shower.
Oh, no. Not again!
But he suggested that he could run a camera down the pipes and that might give us an idea of what was going on.
Very surprised the previous guy didn't do that. More than very surprised. Shocked. That borders on negligence.
See how they cut a chunk off the pipe going horizontally?
Please tell me that was capped!!!!
Long and short of it, when the supervisor came out, the piece of pipe stuck there was dislodged into the main pipe, so that was solved. However, those imperfections in the pipe noted previously can snag things like toilet paper as it travels through the pipe. When enough gets caught, the pipes back up and it shows up in the lowest drains, showers and tubs. So this will continue unless we do something.
ohhhhh.
That seems a bit... dunno... odd? That slight imperfections would do that? But like Mark mentioned... I'm not a plumber.
I've already signed the contract and paid the deposit for the first procedure.
Sure hope that takes care of it!
Evidently Fran didn’t remember that we all had wanted to do this because somewhere from the time that we left home to the time we arrived at the DLH her mood had gone from just fine to super crappy.
uh oh...
As has been discussed on other TRs, there is no sense in sugar coating crap so I'm going to tell this evening like it was.
Oh dear...
As we were parking, Fran was telling me that she should just drop me off and have Jenny and Michael drive me home.
Wow, she really wasn't feeling it that evening.
it seems that they just did not have the staff to service the tables. At least they left them open so people were not sitting around with poor service.
Huh. I've seen the opposite. Tables filled with nowhere near enough staff. It's not pretty.
I convinced Fran to stay. But she crossed her arms and said, “Fine, but I’m not ordering anything besides a diet coke.”
:rolleyes:
I explained the situation to Jenny, and since she deals with crazy people for a living
:eek:

:lmao:
I ordered a Mosquito Mojito
Googled. Pisco mojito. Interesting! I'd try that.
Proof that Jenny and Michael were there!
Fake! Obviously photoshopped!!!

:rolleyes1
We ordered some panko crusted long beans. They were excellent!
They look good. :)
See there’s Michael’s drink and Fran’s Diet Coke. :laughing:
I got the Tempura Shrimp.
mmmm... yes please.
there is something about having them outdoors at Trader Sam’s with a Tiki Drink!
:laughing: It's all about the location!
Jenny got the Wings. I think she said they were pretty hot.
They look it, too.
sweet potato fries.
Nope. I just don't care for them. Love fries... but not those.
but it was nothing like what happened the following week.
When I read this, I thought you were saying she was much worse! :scared:
All day, the J's squared (as they have been named)
:laughing: I like that!
The food came out even before we got our drinks
Huh! That doesn't normally happen.
I got the Poke bowl with Ahi tuna.
I've had poke in hawaii, but...
1. It was at a not so great Luau and didn't taste good.
2. It was by itself. Maybe with other items in a bowl I'd like it more.
that could have had something to do with her jolly mood.
You really surprised me when you wrote that. I kept expecting you to say "But all of a sudden, her mood changed"
Glad that wasn't the case!
Jenny has a little “skill” that she likes to show off at cocktail parties, she can tie the cherry stem in a knot.
Such a talent! I've heard it means talent in other endeavours as well.

I’m not sure if she went into her Laurel and Hardy imitation saying, “This is a fine mess you’ve gotten us into!”
:laughing: I'd like to hear that. :)
By now Jenny and Michael decided to order a bowl of Ramen, which is another tasty dish at Sam’s.
mmm... ramen...
We got ourselves some Dole Whip Floats with Rum for dessert. Which prompted Jenny to text us “You make it home?” later in the evening.
:laughing: I can see why!
And of course we did, or I wouldn’t be here to tell you about it.
TRing from the other side!!!

We do!!! I read that without a reservation, we can still put our name in BUT they won't give an ETA. 😢

travel mug or everyday mug? seems to have a handy lid!

I use it both ways. I just have my coffee at home if it comes up in the rotation. I have six mugs now that I use regularly plus a real travel mug. Also this one doesn't fit in the cup holder of one of our cars. Just the big car.

Moscow for you, is the other a Manhattan?

Yes, Michael likes his Manhattans.

This looks super!

So tasty!

I totally did!

They really shouldn't put that in the description. You can't taste it at all.

What is the red sauce?

I have no idea! And Fran doesn't remember either.

this looks yummy, so what was in there?

I know chicken, but not what else. Jenny doesn't remember either.

this looks perfectly cooked!

It was absolutely perfectly cooked!

I really like rich dark chocolate desserts, yumm!

That one was tasty, not the best, but I wouldn't scoff at it.

This looks fan-friggin tastic!

She really liked it!

WOOOHOOOO!!! That's awesome

We love when they share their 50% with us!

Funny, I just got one for furnace servicing which I was going to call

So did you call?

I totally laughed out loud about kicking up to BOTH of your supervisors!

Well.... :confused3

You def need less sludge to deal with!!!

That's for sure!

Ahhh ohhh...so I thought..will she stay grumpy...

Unfortunately yes. :sad2:

Common thing in restaurants these days it seems..

Yeah, evidently there is a server shortage.

So I also thought...will that change...will Fran have a cocktail...

Nope.

Are those giant balls meant to be like fishing floats or ?

Geez! You're asking me all the tough questions! I have no idea!

Those need to be on my must eat list!

They're really good!

She really did have diet coke!

Yup. And that's all. We drove through McDonald's on the way home.

This will need on the list too for Dorian!

Those who like it seem to really like it.

Wow! Not a bad thing when starving

Totally!

Dorian will want this possibly too!

Ok new post I think right?!

Same Post New Day.

Nothing like a drink for 2 for 1 hehe

I helped a little, taking a sip here and there.

This is a very cool trick indeed, nice work Jenny!

She's got skilz

Yum! what's the brown stuff top left of it?

OK, finally something I know! That's Woodear mushroom, they put it in Hot n Sour Soup as well as Mu Shu Pork.

These looks sooo good! Can't wait for a whip or 3!

I think we need a do-over on these.... :rolleyes1

Very surprised the previous guy didn't do that. More than very surprised. Shocked. That borders on negligence.

Remember I said that he never actually gave us a report of what he did. I like this new company, they have "set" pricing. It may be a little higher, but there are no surcharges for weekends and holidays. Plus they send you a detailed invoice of everything they did and the price.

Please tell me that was capped!!!!

I have no idea....

ohhhhh.
That seems a bit... dunno... odd? That slight imperfections would do that? But like Mark mentioned... I'm not a plumber.

Perhaps I under-exaggerated when I used the word slight. I got the idea from the plumbers that almost any imperfection in the pipe could be a problem. They need to be completely smooth.

Sure hope that takes care of it!

Me too!

uh oh...
Oh dear...
Wow, she really wasn't feeling it that evening.

Nope. :sad2:

Huh. I've seen the opposite. Tables filled with nowhere near enough staff. It's not pretty.

Well at least they got that part right.

Fake! Obviously photoshopped!!!

Funny you've never called me out on any real photoshopping!

mmmm... yes please.
:laughing: It's all about the location!

In the setting sun with a Tiki Drink? Heaven!

They look it, too.

How so?

Nope. I just don't care for them. Love fries... but not those.

Me neither. Not a fan of Sweet Potatoes in general so she never has to worry about me stealing her fries.

When I read this, I thought you were saying she was much worse! :scared:
P]

Had it been worse I might have skipped the update all together but this funny turn of character was a good TR title.

:laughing: I like that!

@DnA2010 came up with that one!

Huh! That doesn't normally happen.

I know! Which is why I specifically commented on it. But normally I prefer to sip my beverage a bit before chowing down. Even when I'm super hungry.

I've had poke in hawaii, but...
1. It was at a not so great Luau and didn't taste good.
2. It was by itself. Maybe with other items in a bowl I'd like it more.

I'm not sure you would get the best quality at a Luau and I know what kind you are talking about. It's just the fish. Right now in So Cal Poke Bowl places are all the rage. They're like a Subway of Poke. You pick your base, rice or lettuce. You pick your protein, my place has several kinds of Tuna, salmon, spicy or not, tofu, Crab salad and I'm not sure what else..then you choose your condiments which can range from marinated seaweed, smelt eggs. Salmon roe, green onions, tons more stuff I just don't remember right now. It run you $9-12 bucks and is pretty tasty. I believe that there are sauces as well. I haven't done it in a while but it was good the last time I had it. Fran just doesn't do raw fish so I don't get it very often.

You really surprised me when you wrote that. I kept expecting you to say "But all of a sudden, her mood changed"
Glad that wasn't the case!

Thank God! 🙄

Such a talent! I've heard it means talent in other endeavours as well.

At first I was going to say, I can't believe you were t there, but of course you did. :sad2:

:laughing: I'd like to hear that. :)

She has to be pretty blotto to say that!

mmm... ramen...

:laughing: I can see why!

But Fran is very good about making sure she is OK to drive. She also has a lot more weight on the rest of us to absorb the alcohol.

TRing from the other side!!!

Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice

Remember I said that he never actually gave us a report of what he did.
Right. So... maybe he didn't... and he should have. Or he did and he still didn't see the problem.
I like this new company, they have "set" pricing. It may be a little higher, but there are no surcharges for weekends and holidays. Plus they send you a detailed invoice of everything they did and the price.
Glad you're happy with them. :)
I have no idea....
:scared:
Perhaps I under-exaggerated when I used the word slight. I got the idea from the plumbers that almost any imperfection in the pipe could be a problem. They need to be completely smooth.
I can see that, actually. I mean... It just has to catch one hair or something and... domino effect.
Funny you've never called me out on any real photoshopping!
:laughing: That's true!
Well, at first, I thought those sesame seeds were chili flakes. Now I see otherwise.
Me neither. Not a fan of Sweet Potatoes in general so she never has to worry about me stealing her fries.
You and I seem to have some similar likes/dislikes.
Had it been worse I might have skipped the update all together but this funny turn of character was a good TR title.
I'm not sure you would get the best quality at a Luau and I know what kind you are talking about. It's just the fish.
Correct. And that particular luau's food was lousy. (I've had good food at them too, but not that one.)
Right now in So Cal Poke Bowl places are all the rage.
"Places" aren't the rage up here, but a lot of restaurants are offering them.
Right now in So Cal Poke Bowl places are all the rage. They're like a Subway of Poke. You pick your base, rice or lettuce. You pick your protein, my place has several kinds of Tuna, salmon, spicy or not, tofu, Crab salad and I'm not sure what else..then you choose your condiments which can range from marinated seaweed, smelt eggs. Salmon roe, green onions, tons more stuff I just don't remember right now. It run you $9-12 bucks and is pretty tasty. I believe that there are sauces as well. I haven't done it in a while but it was good the last time I had it. Fran just doesn't do raw fish so I don't get it very often.
Huh! Didn't know they were popular enough to be able to be the mainstay of a restaurant.
At first I was going to say, I can't believe you were t there, but of course you did. :sad2:

;)
But Fran is very good about making sure she is OK to drive. She also has a lot more weight on the rest of us to absorb the alcohol.
Interesting. I've "known" for a long time that larger people can have more alcohol than a smaller person... but wasn't sure if that was just a myth or not.
Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice

I can see that, actually. I mean... It just has to catch one hair or something and... domino effect.

Yeah, I don't think we need to talk about the possibilities. There are two apartments on the bottom floor each with five residents.....

You and I seem to have some similar likes/dislikes

Besides other known tastes, your comments on Mark's family's pizza choices today confirm this.

Correct. And that particular luau's food was lousy. (I've had good food at them too, but not that one.)

I don't place a lot of faith in the food quality of a Luau. I've only been to one but it wasn't very good. It was also like 30 years ago.

"Places" aren't the rage up here, but a lot of restaurants are offering them.

I can see that. We have a large Asian population here and many poke places have popped up here. I wanted to post my pics of the place but I'm posting from the phone and I don't have the pics here.

I woke at 5:30AM, no alarm, no nothing. My head was a little foggy from the various Tiki drinks the night before. My first thought was, “I’m supposed to do something at 6AM.” At 5:45 Fran woke up and said, “Are you ready to buy Tiki Mugs?”

And I was like, “Oh yeah, that’s what we’re doing.”

Jenny and Jill started texting just before 6AM to make sure we were all ready.

At first the window didn’t open and they both implied that they were going to roll over and go back to sleep, but I kept trying and soon the window opened.

Both Fran and I scored mugs with a 7:10-7:40 pick up window. For the second time in as many months we were jumping out of bed and rushing to get to Disney. I put her scooter in the car, and I finished feeding the cats just before 7AM so we hung out in the kitchen waiting to get the Webslingers BG.

And what do you know? I did it again, but this time it was Group 7. Geez, way to complicate our morning. Another thing that put a wrench in the works is that the park opened at 8AM, we didn’t realize that and had thought it was opening at 9AM. So we had a lot of things going on at once!

We immediately left after scoring the BG, while Jenny, Jill and Michael drove through Starbucks on the way grabbing breakfast. I told Fran there was no time for food, we had to get our mugs and then I needed to bolt over to meet them at the Grand. Jill had scored a studio for Friday night so they could park in the self parking there and not have to walk over from the structure.

Fran and I decided earlier that day that she would ride my scooter to get the mugs and then when she got back to the car, I would take my scooter and go meet the group at the Grand. Then when she came back later, she could get her scooter out and join us. Perfect right?

We made record time and were on approach to the DLH at 7:40AM. But then there was another snag in the mix. Did you read my last update? The one that ended with “I took my battery into the house and put it on the charger.”

Did you read carefully what I did that morning? Was something missing?

Parked and ready to go get our mugs, I opened the back of the car to put my scooter together for her only to see a giant space where the battery SHOULD HAVE been.

Oh Cra…..

Fran being the thinking one, told me to just grab the battery off of her scooter. They are basically interchangeable. Problem solved, we headed off to get our mugs.

By 8:00AM Fran and I had the mugs in hand, but not without some drama.

Our pick up windows had expired and we didn’t understand we could reschedule our pick up time. But the nice CMs working the line were able to resurrect our orders and push them through so that we could head in and pick them up.

Just when I was saying to the text group that maybe they should get their mugs before we ride, Jill texted that our BG was just called. OK, ride the ride first.

I hustled over to the Grand and found them lounging in the lobby.

Our first stop was Wesblingers since our BG had been called. I was starving but decided that I could do this on an empty stomach. The queue was totally empty, I guess other people weren’t ready for an 8AM park opening either.

Jill rocked the ride! And her first time too! This was the first time I had been on The ride with all four spots filled. Made a difference in our combined score for sure!

We decided to pick up their mugs at the DLH now that we were done with the ride. But first I needed to eat something.

I noticed that the Schwarma cart was open, so I figured that would be good for some sustenance. As I got in line, I noticed people eating theirs, and realized that it was a breakfast Schwarma, not the one that I enjoyed over a month ago. I was already in line, and decided I might as well just try it. Then I saw that it was “Beyond” sausage. Jill pointed out later that I must have been REALLY desperate since I ate eat pre-cooked eggs and fake meat.

I ate a couple of bites and once the hunger wasn’t absolutely overwhelming, I took one piece of the sausage out. After we exited the park I asked if everyone could stop for a moment. I took out all the sausage, all the egg, ate the smashed potato bites, tore of half the bread (the part without the cheese) and made a cheese foldover. Jenny threw the rest away for me. About halfway through DTD on our way to the DLH, I tossed what was left of it. I probably won’t be ordering that again.

Upon review of the Pym Test Kitchen breakfast menu, there wasn’t anything that would have been any better for me to have that morning. I would have probably been better off with a Lemon Pound Cake or Cheese Danish from Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe (Starbucks). Live and learn.

Jill, Jenny and Michael picked up their mugs. He ran to the Self parking area and stowed the mugs in the car while us three girls found a potty! LOL! We made our way back to DCA through DTD. Fran had sent me a message about a new dress, so we stopped in the dress shop only to find that it was an open backed dress (which I don’t wear), so I saved about $150!

I’m not sure at what point we placed our mobile order for lunch, but I think we chose 11:30-12:00 as our pickup window time. We had all agreed that we would get two of the chicken sandwiches and split them, two extra sides of tots, and also a Chocosmash bar.

Our next stop was TSMM, and just as we got to nearly the front of the line the ride went down. But not just a normal shut down. Michael was a paramedic before he retired and he could tell that the CMs were really panicking. They were checking the manual for what to do, and it appeared that they were doing a hard shut down of the ride. “I think someone might have gotten hurt in there.” He said. It was really eerie being there with the ride down and no CMs. Not sure where they all went to.

Regardless they let us out of the line and gave us “Multi-experience” passes which were good for any ride in DCA. So we hopped on over to the Incredicoaster and Jill and I rode that.

She wanted to get a Jack Jack Num Num cookie and I certainly wasn’t going to miss out on that! She took hers togo to eat later in the room, while I ate part of mine right away. I shared it with the group, but still ended up taking home half of it for Fran.

By this time our window for lunch was opening up, so we headed back to Avengers Campus. Jenny and Michael went to pick up the food while Jill and I snagged a table in the same seating area where we had sat the previous two times we'd had lunch here. At least this time I took a picture.

It was around this time that Fran decided that she was not up to joining us out at the park, and she would rather stay home and rest up for tomorrow.

As I mentioned earlier, we got two chicken sandwiches and a chocosmash bar.

This time the chicken seemed a bit spicy to me, or maybe I got full, but I gave the last part of my chicken to Michael. And with the extra sides of tots there was plenty and I couldn't finish them all. I think Jenny did and said something to the effect that she couldn't let them go to waste.

We went on Guardians after that. I don’t know why I couldn’t get the photopass picture to link up with my account, so here’s the one from my phone

Then RSR.

By this time Jill's room was ready. I was starting to feel kinda icky. I had been eating pretty much crap all day. We had decided earlier that since Jill had a room, I could leave my scooter in her room to charge and Jenny and Michael could take me home. Then I would just pick it back up in the morning. Jill and I went up to her room and J&M went to pick up the car. We walked into the room and I'm thinking…."when did a studio have a kitchen?"

Jill exclaimed, "They upgraded me to a one bedroom!" So totally cool!

I parked the scooter and reached in the bag for my charging cord, only to realize that it was still charging my battery at home. I had Fran's battery and her charging cord was in her scooter bag.

So Jill lugged the battery downstairs where Jenny and Michael were waiting. Upon the news that Jill had been upgraded, Jenny decided to stay the night so we all piled into their car so that Jenny and Jill could come back together and spend the evening in the pool or having dinner.

I made some chicken soup or something equally soothing at home and hoped I would be all better for tomorrow. I packed the car with our suitcases and other things we would need for the next day while our batteries charged.

Besides other known tastes, your comments on Mark's family's pizza choices today confirm this.
I am ashamed to admit that Hawaiian pizza is a Canadian invention.
Insulin? Good.
Basketball? Sure.
Wonderbra? Definitely!

Hawaiian pizza? Nope!
I don't place a lot of faith in the food quality of a Luau. I've only been to one but it wasn't very good. It was also like 30 years ago.
It was so gross. I'd been to a smaller one before and that was very good. This was huge and disgusting.
My head was a little foggy from the various Tiki drinks the night before.
My first thought was, “I’m supposed to do something at 6AM.” At 5:45 Fran woke up and said, “Are you ready to buy Tiki Mugs?”
:laughing: Your internal clock is spot on!
Both Fran and I scored mugs with a 7:10-7:40 pick up window.
Yay!
And what do you know? I did it again,
Oops, she did it again...
Geez, way to complicate our morning. Another thing that put a wrench in the works is that the park opened at 8AM, we didn’t realize that and had thought it was opening at 9AM. So we had a lot of things going on at once!
:laughing: You're too efficient!
Fran and I decided earlier that day that she would ride my scooter to get the mugs and then when she got back to the car, I would take my scooter and go meet the group at the Grand. Then when she came back later, she could get her scooter out and join us. Perfect right?
Sure. So far...
Did you read my last update? The one that ended with “I took my battery into the house and put it on the charger.”

Did you read carefully what I did that morning? Was something missing?
Ohhhh... nooooo...
Fran being the thinking one, told me to just grab the battery off of her scooter.
quick thinking saves the day. :)
Those look really different. But... not easy to drink from, perhaps? I don't see a handle.
Our pick up windows had expired and we didn’t understand we could reschedule our pick up time. But the nice CMs working the line were able to resurrect our orders and push them through so that we could head in and pick them up.
Phew. Glad it worked out. After all the prior events, it would've been doubly hard to miss out.
Our first stop was Wesblingers since our BG had been called.
I get calling a Star Wars ride a BG... but for Webslingers it should be called... a net slot? Something like that?
Jill rocked the ride! And her first time too!
Way to go Jill!
I noticed that the Schwarma cart was open,
I still haven't tried one. Need to rectify this some day.
Then I saw that it was “Beyond” sausage. Jill pointed out later that I must have been REALLY desperate since I ate eat pre-cooked eggs and fake meat.
I ate a couple of bites and once the hunger wasn’t absolutely overwhelming, I took one piece of the sausage out. After we exited the park I asked if everyone could stop for a moment. I took out all the sausage, all the egg, ate the smashed potato bites, tore of half the bread (the part without the cheese) and made a cheese foldover. Jenny threw the rest away for me. About halfway through DTD on our way to the DLH, I tossed what was left of it. I probably won’t be ordering that again.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Jill, Jenny and Michael picked up their mugs. He ran to the Self parking area and stowed the mugs in the car while us three girls found a potty! LOL!
I finally found out why you girls always go in groups!
it was an open backed dress (which I don’t wear), so I saved about $150!
So if all dresses were open backed, you'd be rich!
Our next stop was TSMM, and just as we got to nearly the front of the line the ride went down.
Ugh. The worst.
Michael was a paramedic before he retired and he could tell that the CMs were really panicking. They were checking the manual for what to do, and it appeared that they were doing a hard shut down of the ride. “I think someone might have gotten hurt in there.”
Oh geez. Ever find out?
As I mentioned earlier, we got two chicken sandwiches and a chocosmash bar.

That looks pretty good. not a tater tot fan, but the sammie looks good.
We went on Guardians after that. I don’t know why I couldn’t get the photopass picture to link up with my account
You sure have been having trouble with that. :sad2:
I was starting to feel kinda icky. I had been eating pretty much crap all day.
Yeah, I get that. It's all Yumm! until it isn't.
Nice! Two scores in one day. :)
I parked the scooter and reached in the bag for my charging cord, only to realize that it was still charging my battery at home. I had Fran's battery and her charging cord was in her scooter bag.
:headache:
I made some chicken soup or something equally soothing at home and hoped I would be all better for tomorrow.
:hug:

Jenny and Jill started texting just before 6AM to make sure we were all ready.

At first the window didn’t open and they both implied that they were going to roll over and go back to sleep, but I kept trying and soon the window opened.

Man, this is just as competitive as the Star Wars boarding groups.

And what do you know? I did it again, but this time it was Group 7. Geez, way to complicate our morning. Another thing that put a wrench in the works is that the park opened at 8AM, we didn’t realize that and had thought it was opening at 9AM. So we had a lot of things going on at once!

I'm confused already!

Parked and ready to go get our mugs, I opened the back of the car to put my scooter together for her only to see a giant space where the battery SHOULD HAVE been.

D'oh.

Jill rocked the ride! And her first time too! This was the first time I had been on The ride with all four spots filled. Made a difference in our combined score for sure!

Nice work Jill! I'm taking your word for it that these are good scores, I have no idea.

Jill pointed out later that I must have been REALLY desperate since I ate eat pre-cooked eggs and fake meat.

:rotfl2:She is not wrong.

I took out all the sausage, all the egg, ate the smashed potato bites, tore of half the bread (the part without the cheese) and made a cheese foldover.

Well, then. I guess I'll cross that one off the list.

He ran to the Self parking area and stowed the mugs in the car while us three girls found a potty! LOL!

Poor guy. Hope you tipped him well.

Michael was a paramedic before he retired and he could tell that the CMs were really panicking. They were checking the manual for what to do, and it appeared that they were doing a hard shut down of the ride. “I think someone might have gotten hurt in there.” He said. It was really eerie being there with the ride down and no CMs. Not sure where they all went to.

Yikes. That sounds scary.

This time the chicken seemed a bit spicy to me, or maybe I got full, but I gave the last part of my chicken to Michael. And with the extra sides of tots there was plenty and I couldn't finish them all. I think Jenny did and said something to the effect that she couldn't let them go to waste.

Jenny is a true hero in this situation.

I was starting to feel kinda icky. I had been eating pretty much crap all day.

It takes time to build up a tolerance to eating nothing but crap. Don't ask how I know.

:jumping1:

I packed the car with our suitcases and other things we would need for the next day while our batteries charged.

...and totally remembered to take them with you the next day.

Yes, Michael likes his Manhattans.

An man with good taste! (haha)

So did you call?

Nope, but thanks for reminding me, will try to do it tomorrow

Score, but EARLY!

I did it again, but this time it was Group 7.

Classic, you and the early BG's!

only to see a giant space where the battery SHOULD HAVE been.

Ahhh-ohhhh...

The queue was totally empty, I guess other people weren’t ready for an 8AM park opening either.

Wowzas! Very empty!

Schwarma cart

Mmm Schwarma!

Then I saw that it was “Beyond” sausage.

I have to admit, I've steered clear of "beyond" meat products..I know I should give them a try, but I just don't..

This actually looks decent though

I probably won’t be ordering that again.

Sounds like it, given the disassembly, but you tried it

He ran to the Self parking area and stowed the mugs in the car while us three girls found a potty! LOL!

Legit us too, D always running things to the car while we find the potty! LOL!

so we stopped in the dress shop only to find that it was an open backed dress (which I don’t wear), so I saved about $150!

Ugg I so regret not buying the green Tiki dress when I was last there...I was between sizes but should have just bought it 🤦

two extra sides of tots,

Well given you got like 5 the last time, this makes total sense!

MMMmmm different sized chocolate!

This looks soo good!

You just can't believe you're on RSR's?

Wow! What a read - I'm finally caught up! If I wore jewelry, I would have LOVED to get those Maleficent earrings - beautiful!

How wonderful that you're able to spontaneously go to DLR - For us in the PNW, it takes serious planning!

We were in the parks Sept 2, 4, and 5th. We visited Pym's for the Not-so-little-chicken and the Pym-ini... Loved the huge chicken with the itty-bitty bun (plus the tots are delish)!

And of course, omg yer killin me with all the Club 33 food.... divine!! Looking forward to reading further adventures of Franandaj!

I am ashamed to admit that Hawaiian pizza is a Canadian invention.
Insulin? Good.
Basketball? Sure.
Wonderbra? Definitely!

Hawaiian pizza? Nope!

It was so gross. I'd been to a smaller one before and that was very good. This was huge and disgusting.

I'm sorry. :hug:

:laughing: Your internal clock is spot on!

I did it on Wednesday too.

Oops, she did it again...

I think there is some sort of pop reference for this that evades me....

:laughing: You're too efficient!

Sure. So far...
Ohhhh... nooooo...
quick thinking saves the day. :)

At least it was a salvageable mistake.

Those look really different. But... not easy to drink from, perhaps? I don't see a handle.

Phew. Glad it worked out. After all the prior events, it would've been doubly hard to miss out.

We were building a fleet so we didn't want to be incomplete!

I get calling a Star Wars ride a BG... but for Webslingers it should be called... a net slot? Something like that?

Ha, ha! That would be too confusing!

Way to go Jill!

She musta read up on what to aim for.

I still haven't tried one. Need to rectify this some day.

I liked it, but Fran confessed the other day she didn't care for the seasonings.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Nope.

I finally found out why you girls always go in groups!

Uh, ya, that's it.... :rolleyes1

So if all dresses were open backed, you'd be rich!

No cause Tiki mugs still exist in the world.

Ugh. The worst.
Oh geez. Ever find out?

No. Disney is tight lipped about those kind of situations.

That looks pretty good. not a tater tot fan, but the sammie looks good.

I thought both were good, but I have something new to try.

You sure have been having trouble with that. :sad2:

And it's just that ride. Weird.

Yeah, I get that. It's all Yumm! until it isn't.

Comes on real quick....may have been a few other things consumed that may have been glossed over. :rolleyes1

Nice! Two scores in one day. :)

She was #winning!

I did it on Wednesday too.
Toss the alarm clock! You don't need it!
I think there is some sort of pop reference for this that evades me....
Britney Spears
One of only two songs of hers that I know. (I think?)
We were building a fleet so we didn't want to be incomplete!
But of course!
Ha, ha! That would be too confusing!
Probably true.
Uh, ya, that's it.... :rolleyes1
;)
No cause Tiki mugs still exist in the world.
Ohhhh... right.
Comes on real quick....may have been a few other things consumed that may have been glossed over. :rolleyes1
Oh??? popcorn::

Man, this is just as competitive as the Star Wars boarding groups.

Actually since it's newer it's even more competitive!

I'm confused already!

Tell me about it.

Nice work Jill! I'm taking your word for it that these are good scores, I have no idea.

I don't know if they're good either, but scores in the 200,000's are as high as I've seen.

:rotfl2:She is not wrong.

No she's not!

Well, then. I guess I'll cross that one off the list.

I wouldn't bother with it. :sad2:

Poor guy. Hope you tipped him well.

That's Jenny’s job! :rotfl2:

Yikes. That sounds scary.

It was definitely different than a normal shutdown.

Jenny is a true hero in this situation.

It takes time to build up a tolerance to eating nothing but crap. Don't ask how I know.

Yeah. I eat salads occasionally.....

...and totally remembered to take them with you the next day.

Yes we did! Otherwise it would have been a disaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter