For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

That I'd be able to get a non-rum drink.

Ah, and here I thought you were talking about humanity or something high and mighty like that.

What's this "we" business?
It was about whether the high spiderman jump was a person or a mannequin.

:laughing: I guess I'm getting so far off track that I got lost when you said, "I read something somewhere...." and then I had no idea where this was going... :laughing:

I need a vacation.

Several days after the day I spent out there with Jenny and her family, we had another visit to the park planned. This time was with our friend Leonard. On our way there, stopped at the Post Office to drop of some music we sold on eBay, and then we stopped at Panera for some bagels with cream cheese. Sorry no pics!

It was around 10AM when we finally entered the park. We made a conscious decision not to try for RotR, Leonard had already been on it and didn’t want our day to to have all the stress involved with trying to get it in the morning, and then watching the Virtual Queue to see when your group is boarding. We wanted to have an easy going low stress day, so no rushing and no fretting.

I think Fran went to do some shopping while Leonard and I decided to start off with BTMRR. Now this was after June 15 when California fully reopened. I don’t remember what the mask mandate was. We pretty much always wore our masks at Disney except when eating and still do. It’s changed so many times I can’t keep track of it. But with that many people around whose infection status that I don’t know about, I’m wearing the mask. Plus it matches my outfit.

This explosion scene is better than it was a few years ago, but nothing like when the ride first reopened about 5-6 years ago.

Then we went to ride MF:SR but the line was just way too long, the app must have been showing an inaccurate time.

So then we decided to ride Haunted Mansion. We were able to get a return time with only about a five minute wait, and just as we got to the FOTL it broke down.

We decided that we were all getting hangry so we got an itty bitty snack, I’m not sure if things were still mobile order only, but we were going to mobile order and Leonard decided that he wanted to treat us. I explained that he would need to hook up a credit card and yadda yadda yadda. He’s like, “Oh, Apple Pay!” clicked a few buttons and we were going to have food. “That was way too easy!” he said. And soon it was our mobile order window, we had already found a table in the “still new to me” seating area. Pressed “I’m here, prepare my order.” And soon we were snacking on these little babies.

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers

crossed that one off my list! You may think that wasn’t much food. It wasn’t, but you’ll see in just a bit, why we didn’t want to eat too much…..it was just enough to take the edge off.

We still had a little time before lunch so we rode Buzz.

Leonard flew solo while Fran and I tried to defeat Zurg together.

I really suck at this game. Even though I know where a lot of the high point targets are, I still can’t hit them. I’ve never got above this level.

But I usually beat Fran.

And then we rode Star Tours,

We got the scene without vader, the Pod race and Coruscant.

The Jungle Cruise had not opened yet, but Fran noticed this sign over the Exit to the ride.

It was finally time for our reservation so we headed in that direction.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

First some pictures.

We were seated at a lovely table.

The menu looked at tad bit familiar.

That day was the beginning of a Festival called Tiki Takeover which is celebrated during the summer months. It features specialized mugs, merchandise, and foods. We were able to purchase the special mugs in the dining room, and came complete with an alcoholic beverage or a non alcoholic beverage. Fran said she actually preferred the one without alcohol. I preferred the one with.

These specialty drinks were also available for purchase, but they didn’t come with mugs.

The lounge (which is only for members) featured these special appetizers in addition to the regular menu.

I believe for the First Course everyone got the Artichoke Heart Au Gratin, Parmesan, Sun Gold Tomato. It was delicious!

I had the wine pairings and this one was paired with a Trimbach Muscat, not the wine listed on the menu.

For the Second Course, I just couldn’t resist these Gnudi again. They are just so good!

And also not following the menu pairings, I was served this Amarone Della Valpolicella with them.

Fran went with the Sustainable Catch of the Day which I believe was a Yellowtail.

We were also served bread with this course.

Fran was on a seafood binge and went for Salmon as her main course. I guess she really liked it that much.

I went with the filet, as before, it was very good and perfectly cooked.

Since our server was going rogue with the pairings, he pulled out another one that departed from the suggested pairings on the menu. I’ve had this one before and it’s very good!

They also offer a vegan menu, and Fran was feeling adventurous.

She decided to try the Vegan Chocolate Bliss Cake, Fresh Raspberry, Cocoa Mousse. She said it was OK, but not as good as a regular cake.

I went with the good old standard Manjari Chocolate Marquise, Almond Crunch, Salted Almond Anglaise, so tasty!

And this coffee is just so good!

I think we were the last people left in the dining room.

Full and happy a nice gentleman waiting to go up offered to take our picture. (The CMs can’t hold your camera now due to Covid.)

We decided to hop over to DCA and ride Guardians.

We got the song Free Ride

And then we’d had enough. We were tired and Leonard still had a long drive home after he would pick up his car at our house. He was off work for the next two weeks and would be going on a long camping trip with friends of his at a lake with boats and other fun toys.

Us? Back to the same daily grind. We wouldn’t be back inside the parks for quite some time.

I am SOOOOOO Jealous of people who get to go during Tiki Takeover. We NEVER happen to be there when it's going on. Here's for hoping next year may allow a trip while it's ongoing.

Ah, and here I thought you were talking about humanity or something high and mighty like that.
Oh, I was.

If I'd ever get there, I'd look at the menu, see all the rum drinks and declare "Oh, the humanity!"

See? Totally high and mighty.
:laughing: I guess I'm getting so far off track that I got lost when you said, "I read something somewhere...." and then I had no idea where this was going... :laughing:

I need a vacation.
:laughing: You and me both!
. On our way there, stopped at the Post Office to drop of some music we sold on eBay,
I pictured you playing the sax into an empty box and then trapping the music inside.
then we stopped at Panera for some bagels with cream cheese. Sorry no pics!
I've never been to Panera to eat (but I did use their wifi on a trip once.) Any good?
Closest one to me is in Grand Forks. Besides the fact that I can't cross the border right now, I don't think I'm going to drive 4 hours round trip for a bagel. Especially when we have a really good bagel place here.
We made a conscious decision not to try for RotR, Leonard had already been on it and didn’t want our day to to have all the stress involved with trying to get it in the morning, and then watching the Virtual Queue to see when your group is boarding.
I get that. And if I have ridden it a couple times, I can see myself doing the same thing.

But let me try it out first, okay? :laughing:
We wanted to have an easy going low stress day, so no rushing and no fretting.
Love those kind of days. I got there, having been a few times in a fairly short timespan... but now? I have a feeling the next time I go (if there's a next time! :scared:) I'll be like "Do all the things!!"
But with that many people around whose infection status that I don’t know about, I’m wearing the mask.
::yes::
Plus it matches my outfit.
But of course! :)
This explosion scene is better than it was a few years ago, but nothing like when the ride first reopened about 5-6 years ago.
Oh? How so?
So then we decided to ride Haunted Mansion. We were able to get a return time with only about a five minute wait, and just as we got to the FOTL it broke down.
I had to re-read that. Festival of the Lion King? Oh... :rolleyes:

Still... pretty rare that HM breaks down.
I explained that he would need to hook up a credit card and yadda yadda yadda. He’s like, “Oh, Apple Pay!” clicked a few buttons and we were going to have food. “That was way too easy!” he said.
:laughing: Just like magic! And just like magic, money disappears from your account.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers

crossed that one off my list!
Yay!

Must admit... I'd try it, out of curiosity, but... while I'll eat asparagus, it's not a favourite either.
really suck at this game. Even though I know where a lot of the high point targets are, I still can’t hit them. I’ve never got above this level.
Pro tip. Start shooting before you enter the first room. See where your dot is and how far off the aim of the gun is. That should help.
1-3?
Not exactly the clearest ride photo I've seen.
The Jungle Cruise had not opened yet, but Fran noticed this sign over the Exit to the ride.

:laughing:
x21DL0625WL23.jpg
You look really nice. I like the dress. And yes! The mask matches! :thumbsup2
Look at those smiling faces. :)
Princess pose!
You pull that off really well.
That day was the beginning of a Festival called Tiki Takeover which is celebrated during the summer months. It features specialized mugs, merchandise, and foods. We were able to purchase the special mugs in the dining room,
I do recall your penchant for tiki mugs. :)
These specialty drinks were also available for purchase, but they didn’t come with mugs.
I think you can guess which drinks I won't have. ;)
I believe for the First Course everyone got the Artichoke Heart Au Gratin, Parmesan, Sun Gold Tomato. It was delicious!
I still don't think I've had artichoke... but must admit that looks really tasty.
For the Second Course, I just couldn’t resist these Gnudi again. They are just so good!
When you like something, you like something!
And also not following the menu pairings, I was served this Amarone Della Valpolicella with them.
So why wasn't the server following the menu pairings? Was it at your request? His suggestion? Or did it just happen?
We were also served bread with this course.
Of course.
Fran was on a seafood binge and went for Salmon as her main course. I guess she really liked it that much.
See above comment about when you know, you know...
I went with the filet, as before, it was very good and perfectly cooked.
mmm... filet.
She decided to try the Vegan Chocolate Bliss Cake, Fresh Raspberry, Cocoa Mousse. She said it was OK, but not as good as a regular cake.
I don't think I've ever had a Vegan... well, anything, that's as good or better than non-Vegan.
We got the song Free Ride
Have it playing right now. :)

I'm very familiar with the song, of course, but... I had no idea who it was by! I've never heard of the Edgar Winter Group.
And... I don't know any of his other music. (Listened to about 4. Not even Frankenstein which apparently hit #1.)

Odd that I wouldn't know that.
Us? Back to the same daily grind. We wouldn’t be back inside the parks for quite some time.
:rolleyes1

Ya don't say.

I am SOOOOOO Jealous of people who get to go during Tiki Takeover. We NEVER happen to be there when it's going on. Here's for hoping next year may allow a trip while it's ongoing.

We just lucked out on that one! The reservation was made when the day opened up. Being local is definitely a plus!

We made a conscious decision not to try for RotR, Leonard had already been on it and didn’t want our day to to have all the stress involved with trying to get it in the morning, and then watching the Virtual Queue to see when your group is boarding. We wanted to have an easy going low stress day, so no rushing and no fretting.

I can see where not having to try for RotR would make the day a lot more stress free!

I wonder why they changed it. I thought it was so cool when we were there.

Oh, come on! I'm going to Guest Relations about this!

I really suck at this game. Even though I know where a lot of the high point targets are, I still can’t hit them. I’ve never got above this level.

I'm going to have to research the DL version. I only know where the good Florida targets are.

But I usually beat Fran.

And that's all that matters.

We got the scene without vader, the Pod race and Coruscant.

Because there is no Darth Vader scene.

:rotfl2:I like that one.

I think we were the last people left in the dining room.

Cool! Private club! You guys are la creme de la creme!

I totally would have gone for the filet too.

(The CMs can’t hold your camera now due to Covid.)

That's a little silly.

But...but...:sad:

Oh, I was.

If I'd ever get there, I'd look at the menu, see all the rum drinks and declare "Oh, the humanity!"

See? Totally high and mighty.

:laughing:

I pictured you playing the sax into an empty box and then trapping the music inside.

You definitely need a vacation!

I've never been to Panera to eat (but I did use their wifi on a trip once.) Any good?

It's pretty good. We've been going there more often because one opened up near out house and it's convenient when going places. There are several things that we have ordered there which have been winners. Any of the baked goods such as cookies, bread and Croissants have been good. Also we have ordered sandwiches for lunch and Mac n Cheese from their "pick two" menu. The Mac was very cheesy! For breakfast I actually prefer their Four Cheese Soufflé, which is misleading. It's not a traditional soufflé but baked eggs and cheese in a crust of puff pastry. I've tried the bacon and Spinach versions but they were a little too salty. I've settled on the four Cheese as my "go to".

They also have breakfast sandwiches and that's what Leonard ordered that day. He liked that.

Closest one to me is in Grand Forks. Besides the fact that I can't cross the border right now, I don't think I'm going to drive 4 hours round trip for a bagel. Especially when we have a really good bagel place here.

Fran usually gets a bagel. I might have gotten the four cheese soufflé that morning. I just don't remember. And we do have better places for bagels here too.

I get that. And if I have ridden it a couple times, I can see myself doing the same thing.

But let me try it out first, okay? :laughing:

I would defer to your choice. I'm trying for it again on Monday, but mostly for someone else who is going. It just turned out that Fran and I will also be there that day.

Love those kind of days. I got there, having been a few times in a fairly short timespan... but now? I have a feeling the next time I go (if there's a next time! :scared:) I'll be like "Do all the things!!"

I get that. But I don't have the stamina anymore. I'm going to put up my "list" of things I want to do and have done, it's getting there!

Oh? How so?

Well when the ride first reopened there was this awesome pyrotechnic display when the mine blew. A large fireblast shot out of the flash point and it went about 3 meters into the cavern. It was really cool if you were in one of the last cars. If you were in the first one you sort of missed it.

Now it's just projections like they do on the castle during fireworks. For about six months or so the fireblast was going and then I guess it broke. After that you just heard the sounds but no visible blast occurred. I think they made the current "fix" while the park was closed.

I had to re-read that. Festival of the Lion King? Oh... :rolleyes:

Still... pretty rare that HM breaks down.

I was amazed. I think that was the first time for me.

:laughing: Just like magic! And just like magic, money disappears from your account.

That too!

Yay!

Must admit... I'd try it, out of curiosity, but... while I'll eat asparagus, it's not a favourite either.

I just like this as a little snack. It's unique and since you're eating Asparagus you can convince yourself it's healthy. :laughing:

Pro tip. Start shooting before you enter the first room. See where your dot is and how far off the aim of the gun is. That should help.

Hmmm....it was only just this last time on the rode that I realized how bad the aim of the gun is.

L-3 I cut off the bottom of the "L".

Not exactly the clearest ride photo I've seen.

Actually that's one of the first pictures from that ride that I've ever gotten!

You look really nice. I like the dress. And yes! The mask matches! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :blush:

Look at those smiling faces. :)

We were just about to have a fantastic meal!

Princess pose!
You pull that off really well.

Is that what that's called. I just thought it was showing off your skirt.

I do recall your penchant for tiki mugs.

Well not me necessarily.....

I think you can guess which drinks I won't have. ;)

Most of them!

I still don't think I've had artichoke... but must admit that looks really tasty.

You can't really tell the artichoke hearts in there....Most people just eat the hearts, but we often have them as mostly dinner when they're on sale. A large one can be pretty filling.

When you like something, you like something!

I guess so.

So why wasn't the server following the menu pairings? Was it at your request? His suggestion? Or did it just happen?

Actually I didn't even notice that he had departed from the menu until I was writing up this part of the TR. I just trust that someone at a place like that knows what will be good with what I'm being served. I'm pretty sure they get to taste a bite of each of the foods, so they know what they are serving you.

See above comment about when you know, you know...

Yeah, I guess so....

I don't think I've ever had a Vegan... well, anything, that's as good or better than non-Vegan.

I've had some good stuff that's intended to be vegan, like Fran's summer salad (tomato, cucumber, red onion, oil, cider vinegar, S&P), or french fries cooked in vegetable oil, but I just recently tried "impossible meat", and....well you'll hear about that in a couple chapters or two. Let's just use one word: despiration.

Have it playing right now. :)

I'm very familiar with the song, of course, but... I had no idea who it was by! I've never heard of the Edgar Winter Group.

They were very popular in Northern California when I was growing up. They played Frankenstein on the radio all the time. I looked up their Wikipedia page and I didn't realize that Ronnie Montrose was one of the original band members. I became familiar with him when he was a solo artist in the late 70s early 80s. And digging even further I discovered that Rick Derringer and Randy Brecker were also members. You wouldn't know Randy Brecker, most likely, but his brother Michael was a saxophone GOD. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago due to a terminal disease where they could not find a suitable donor.

And... I don't know any of his other music. (Listened to about 4. Not even Frankenstein which apparently hit #1.)

Odd that I wouldn't know that.

I'm surprised, like I said it was big in the Bay Area.

Ya don't say.

Well maybe not quite as long as it would be for you.....

You definitely need a vacation!
:faint:

Yes.
It's pretty good. We've been going there more often because one opened up near out house and it's convenient when going places. There are several things that we have ordered there which have been winners. Any of the baked goods such as cookies, bread and Croissants have been good. Also we have ordered sandwiches for lunch and Mac n Cheese from their "pick two" menu. The Mac was very cheesy! For breakfast I actually prefer their Four Cheese Soufflé, which is misleading. It's not a traditional soufflé but baked eggs and cheese in a crust of puff pastry. I've tried the bacon and Spinach versions but they were a little too salty. I've settled on the four Cheese as my "go to".

They also have breakfast sandwiches and that's what Leonard ordered that day. He liked that.
Good to know. Now, if I ever get to go on a road trip again, I'll know I can stop there. :)
I would defer to your choice. I'm trying for it again on Monday, but mostly for someone else who is going. It just turned out that Fran and I will also be there that day.
Good timing then. :)

You know you never have to defer to my choice, right?
I get that. But I don't have the stamina anymore. I'm going to put up my "list" of things I want to do and have done, it's getting there!
My stamina is actually a lot higher now. I'm shocking myself. But happy for it.
Well when the ride first reopened there was this awesome pyrotechnic display when the mine blew. A large fireblast shot out of the flash point and it went about 3 meters into the cavern. It was really cool if you were in one of the last cars. If you were in the first one you sort of missed it.

Now it's just projections like they do on the castle during fireworks. For about six months or so the fireblast was going and then I guess it broke. After that you just heard the sounds but no visible blast occurred. I think they made the current "fix" while the park was closed.
Huh. Had no idea. And I'm sorry I missed that. Then again, maybe someday they'll bring it back. (not likely)
I just like this as a little snack. It's unique and since you're eating Asparagus you can convince yourself it's healthy. :laughing:
:laughing: "Bacon? Oh that. Just ignore it."
Hmmm....it was only just this last time on the rode that I realized how bad the aim of the gun is.
::yes::
L-3 I cut off the bottom of the "L".
Okay... what's "L-3"?
Actually that's one of the first pictures from that ride that I've ever gotten!
Really!
Is that what that's called. I just thought it was showing off your skirt.
Princesses know how to show off their outfits. ::yes::
Well not me necessarily.....
:rolleyes:
Actually I didn't even notice that he had departed from the menu until I was writing up this part of the TR. I just trust that someone at a place like that knows what will be good with what I'm being served. I'm pretty sure they get to taste a bite of each of the foods, so they know what they are serving you.
Interesting. Is that common there?
I've had some good stuff that's intended to be vegan, like Fran's summer salad (tomato, cucumber, red onion, oil, cider vinegar, S&P), or french fries cooked in vegetable oil, but I just recently tried "impossible meat", and....well you'll hear about that in a couple chapters or two. Let's just use one word: despiration.
Well... sure, a salad or fruit or veggies... but something that is traditionally made with a non-vegetarian protein? Nope.
I've had Beyond "meat" and "Impossible" meat and... yeah... No.
They were very popular in Northern California when I was growing up. They played Frankenstein on the radio all the time. I looked up their Wikipedia page and I didn't realize that Ronnie Montrose was one of the original band members. I became familiar with him when he was a solo artist in the late 70s early 80s.
I've heard of Ronnie Montrose, but am not familiar with any of his solo work.

Makes me wonder what else I missed back then!
And digging even further I discovered that Rick Derringer and Randy Brecker were also members. You wouldn't know Randy Brecker, most likely, but his brother Michael was a saxophone GOD. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago due to a terminal disease where they could not find a suitable donor.
Nope. You're right. Haven't heard of them.
I should look up some Randy Brecker stuff...

(listening to "Some Skunk Funk" now.... wow!)
I'm surprised, like I said it was big in the Bay Area.
Maybe it didn't make it this far north? Or I wasn't listening to the right station?
Well maybe not quite as long as it would be for you.....

I can see where not having to try for RotR would make the day a lot more stress free!

And I'm trying again tomorrow. :bitelip:

I wonder why they changed it. I thought it was so cool when we were there.

I have a feeling the technology was difficult to maintain.

Oh, come on! I'm going to Guest Relations about this!

;laughing:

I'm going to have to research the DL version. I only know where the good Florida targets are.

I only know the one on Zurg at the end, but I've never hit it. I need to ride this again tomorrow!

And that's all that matters.

Funny story on that in about four updates....

Because there is no Darth Vader scene.

I thought you got it once.

:rotfl2:I like that one.

:thumbsup2

Cool! Private club! You guys are la creme de la creme!

I totally would have gone for the filet too.

That may not have been the only time....

That's a little silly.

:confused3. I don't make the rules....

But...but...:sad:

Well, for us "some time before we are back in the parks" means "not every week".

Good to know. Now, if I ever get to go on a road trip again, I'll know I can stop there. :)

They also have soups, which I have not tried...you should stop if you have the opportunity, it's pretty good quick food.

Good timing then. :)

You know you never have to defer to my choice, right?

I know I don't have to, but most people don't get to DL as often as I do, so I'm always happy to let my friends suggest what they want to do. It adds variety since I tend to do the same things over and over.

My stamina is actually a lot higher now. I'm shocking myself. But happy for it.

Well you started running....still doing that?

Huh. Had no idea. And I'm sorry I missed that. Then again, maybe someday they'll bring it back. (not likely)

I have a feeling the technology is difficult to maintain.

:laughing: "Bacon? Oh that. Just ignore it."

It's just flavoring....

Okay... what's "L-3"?

Princesses know how to show off their outfits. ::yes::

Ahhhh, got it!

Interesting. Is that common there?

No idea. Early on the manager told us that it was hard to get certain items consistently, so they had to be careful. Maybe the wines listed on the menu weren't available anymore. :confused3

Well... sure, a salad or fruit or veggies... but something that is traditionally made with a non-vegetarian protein? Nope.
I've had Beyond "meat" and "Impossible" meat and... yeah... No.

Yeah....I have a funny story on that in about three updates.

I've heard of Ronnie Montrose, but am not familiar with any of his solo work.

OK the stuff I know was his band called Montrose, don't know why I thought he was solo. Sammy Hagar was the vocalist. These were three big hits from the band Montrose's first album.

Bad Motor Scooter
Rock Candy
Space Station #5

I also listened to his band Gamma. Had all their albums, but not sure they made big chart hits.

Makes me wonder what else I missed back then!

Good question!

Nope. You're right. Haven't heard of them.
I should look up some Randy Brecker stuff...

(listening to "Some Skunk Funk" now.... wow!)

Yeah, that's one of the Brecker Bros. big hits.

Maybe it didn't make it this far north? Or I wasn't listening to the right station?

I figure you were listening to the right stations. It seems we have similar tastes in Rock n Roll.

It was a couple weeks before we were back and then we didn’t even head into the parks! We were having dinner at Napa Rose with Jenny and Michael. Fran and I got there early and went into DTD to look around. I found this coffee mug that met all my specifications (tall, wide enough, but not too wide, and microwave safe), so she bought it for me.

Then we met up with Jenny and Michael at Napa Rose. The Chef’s counter wasn’t open yet, so we sat at a regular table. It was so nice to be back in this lovely restaurant!

They had the Vintner’s Menu which you either had to order in it’s entirety….

Or there was the regular menu, where you could pick and choose whatever you wanted to order. You could not order individual items off of the Vintner’s menu to go with items from the regular menu.

While considering what to order we decided to have some cocktails.

Everyone ended up deciding on the a la Carte menu. I asked the Sommelier if he would provide wine pairings for each of my courses, and he was happy to oblige!
The first wine was this Viognier.

It went with the Sauteed Diver Scallop and Shrimp, English Peas, Leeks and Yukon Gold Potatoes. Fran got this also. I was a bit surprised as I was actually expecting something a little different, however, it was still delicious!

As much as I wanted to, I didn’t finish off all the potatoes and such. I knew this would be a very filling dinner!
The next wine that I was served was this Eden Valley Dry Reisling.

It was pairing with the Smiling Tiger Salad, Spicy Beef (which you can’t see in the picture), Lobster-Shrimp Fritters, and Coconut Vinaigrette.

Now many of you may be scratching your heads about now. The vinaigrette has coconut in it….why would Alison eat this?

Well this dish was first served to me at the Chef’s Counter. They didn’t tell me anything besides it was a Smiling Tiger Salad. I loved it! It wasn’t until later I learned that there was coconut, and really none of us could taste it. Jenny and Michal also split one of these salads. She said that she couldn’t taste the coconut either.
While I ate my half of the salad, Fran got the Zucchini Blossom, Goat Cheese, Fava Beans, and Golden Beets. She liked it a lot and ate it right up. She offered me a bite, but I had ordered an entree and wanted to be able to eat that.

Jenny and Michael were served the Smiling Tiger Salad while Fran and I ate our scallop and shrimp. So while Fran and I were eating the Salad they were served this. Michael got the Cavatelli Pasta, Forager Mushrooms, Prosciutto and Parmesan Cloud. He gave me a taste and it was good, but I was happy with my choices that I had made.

Jenny got the “Pot Pie”, Rocky Chicken Fricassee and Summer Vegetables. This was steaming hot when it arrived, and she nursed that thing for most of the rest of the night. She really liked it!

For my Main I ordered the Sicilian Lemon Lamb, Rack, Shoulder, and Artichoke Barigoule. This was so good and I shouldn’t have worried about being able to finish this off. I was cleaning the bone it was so good!

This is the wine that I was served along with it and it was perfect!

Fran got the Hearth Roasted Sustainable Fish, Lemon Mussel Broth. She liked this a lot. The fish was Salmon.

I don't remember what Jenny and Michael got but I believe that they shared an Entree but Jenny was still working on her Pot Pie. They didn't order dessert, but we did! I got the Manjari Chocolate Indulgence, Chocolate Cremeux, Devil Food and Cloud Kisses. It was very good and rich, but not my most favorite dessert that I've had. I might try something else if I went back.

This is the wine that my dessert was paired with, it was something special and I got the last of the bottle. The main Sommelier had gone home, but he left this for another one of the staff to pour for me and she mentioned that I was getting a real treat.

Fran got the Summer Peach Custard Pie, Blackberries and Peach Sorbet. She was very happy with her choice.

The best part about this meal? We got to use Michael's 50% off Coupon that CMs receive as a perk!

Next up Trader Sams reopening and two very different visits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter