For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

We just watched Avengers Infinity Wars and I still didn't understand the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos got in the end. I have to watch that one again.

I have no memory of this Infinity Gauntlet. I've seen the movie twice. :rotfl2:
We are watching Loki now and Joe and Henry have to explain things to me sometimes! I don't think I'll every remember it all... it's all just too complex of a story. But, that is kind of what makes it great for me too.

I'm amazed at how low my stamina level is for Theme Park rides. The adrenaline exertion is such that I can only do 3-4 rides in a day before fatigue sets in. I wonder if that will get better the more I go back to the park.

I think part of it is "people-ing" too. Learning to be around so many people and "on" for so long!

The weren’t running the pre-show, and I got to take pictures of Taneleer Tivan’s office. I also noticed that the walkman was gone…..

Rocket must have stole it!! ;). I actually really love that pre-show, one of the few I don't want to just skip.

And fortunately (or unfortunately) I found something it liked! And these were the exact pair that I got, it was their last pair.

LOVE these!!

Fran's shirt!! :rotfl2: I need something similar for our upcoming Florida trip. It will be interesting.

Maleficent head earrings. And if course those were the pair that I got because they were the last pair.

Those are great too!!

Yeah, it certainly can be disappointing.....

:rolleyes1

Oh, Lord, that's true. Maybe we can elect someone to look into that?

whoops!

Huh!
I tried it with my phone before commenting and I could've sworn it didn't do that.
So just now I took a regular photo and a "selfie" photo of the microwave clock:

Weird that mine doesn't do that and yours does!

This was one of my videos that I submitted for the virtual Spring concert this year.

Perhaps the iPhone accommodates that and my Galaxy 10+ doesn't.

To be complete, you should. :)

When it opens back up!

You're missing out IMHO. It's one of the best things about the ride.

It's not by my choice, but as soon as they see us (or Fran) show up on a scooter the CMs take us to the back.

This was one of my videos that I submitted for the virtual Spring concert this year.
1. Can't clearly make out the time, but I presume the microwave controls are on the right hand side?
2. You play really well, Alison. :) And no, I'm not surprised by that at all.
Perhaps the iPhone accommodates that and my Galaxy 10+ doesn't.
Maybe?
It's not by my choice, but as soon as they see us (or Fran) show up on a scooter the CMs take us to the back.
I know it's not by choice. And I can't imagine having scooters in a packed line and trying to turn around to go back! (In order to just see the lobby.)

I'll join you if you like! It is really yummy!

You changed your avatar! I almost thought you were a new subscriber!
I will for sure let you know when we make it out that way. Yes I did change my avatar. I like to switch it up every now and then.

I can fill in the lines. ;) I can feel the stress melting off my old and tired body.

And I didn't make it there today, too many things to do at home, but a half day is better than no day at Disney!

I'm game for that. Now to figure out something easy and cheap to bribe some strangers with....

Skipping the line? :confused3

That looks super strong... I might need a bit more mixer.

Eventually I will get there and try the Penthouse, and will ask about the proportions.

Sounds just lovely!! And dangerous.

It was just fun!

You are on fire and making GREAT progress!

I seem to be slowing down because all roads seem to lead to Avengers Campus. I need to go with a grazing mentality to cross off a bunch of items from the food list.

On my list!

:thumbsup2

Looking forward to that. :)

Still got a few more updates before I get to that one....

Good strategy for sure. The guy I sold it to was very nice. His brother can't get vaxxed d/t anaphylactic reactions to eggs so can't go out. The Porg was his birthday gift and I was happy to help him celebrate with it. The brother who bought it/picked it up is his caregiver (sounds like other issues too) was ecstatic he not only found one for the price I let it go for, but that he could pick it up right here in town. :)

That's nice it worked out that way!

I have no memory of this Infinity Gauntlet. I've seen the movie twice. :rotfl2:

It's the thing that Thanos is wearing on his hand that he keeps putting the stones into.

We are watching Loki now and Joe and Henry have to explain things to me sometimes! I don't think I'll every remember it all... it's all just too complex of a story. But, that is kind of what makes it great for me too.

We just finished Endgame on Sunday. Once we catch up on another show, I think I'm going to suggest WandaVision. I'm a little Avengered out right now.

I think part of it is "people-ing" too. Learning to be around so many people and "on" for so long!

And the parks are so crowded now! What with no capacity limits. And I know that all the people running around unmasked are not fully vaccinated. Kids under 12 can't even get the vaccine.

Rocket must have stole it!! ;). I actually really love that pre-show, one of the few I don't want to just skip.

Well he had to have it because he gives it back to Starlord in the final vignette on the ride.

LOVE these!!

I'm wearing them now!

Fran's shirt!! :rotfl2: I need something similar for our upcoming Florida trip. It will be interesting.

She has a few versions of this shirt. Donald loved it on our last cruise! :lmao:

Those are great too!!

I've got one of them on right now.

1. Can't clearly make out the time, but I presume the microwave controls are on the right hand side?

Yes, the microwave controls are on the right side of the microwave and the microwave is to the left of the refrigerator.

2. You play really well, Alison. :) And no, I'm not surprised by that at all.

Awww.....thanks.... :blush:

Then again, I did get my Bachelors Degree in Saxophone Performance so it would be weird if I sucked at it! :laughing:

I know it's not by choice. And I can't imagine having scooters in a packed line and trying to turn around to go back! (In order to just see the lobby.)

Well they take us to the exit, and we go up a special elevator (that is not faulty) and it lets us out just outside where they load the ride.

Back at the Grand again

So we were lucky enough to get another dinner reservation, this time with our friends Jenny and her husband. It just so turns out that the reservation was for the same night they were staying in a two bedroom villa at the Grand. Back when they announced the reopening of the parks, she found a two bedroom villa that was available for two nights in May and snagged it. Big plans were made, Jill was going to fly out and we were all going to have fun at the parks, Jill (and maybe Jenny’s daughters) would crash in the second bedroom. Until Disney announced that due to guidelines of the state of California out of state park visitors would not be welcome upon reopening.

Jill planned her own little weekend getaway and Jenny offered us the spare room. Well it sure would be nice not to drive home after a big meal, so we took her up on it. When we arrived they had already been there since early the day before. They had breakfast, went into the parks, and by the time we arrived they were chillin’ back in the room. This was going to be our home for the night.

We called the bellman to bring up our suitcase, cooler and computer bag while Jenny and I began chatting. I had plans for the early afternoon. One of my HS friends that I hadn't seen since 1984 was flying in that day and checking into the Grand. We had agreed to meet up in the Hearthstone Lounge for a drink before each of us went on to our respective dinner plans.

It was great catching up again and we decided not to wait another 37 years before we did it again!

While I was socializing, Fran had laid down for a nap, so now it was time to wake her up and get ready for dinner.

We decided to have some cocktails first.

You have here (clockwise) Hurricane, Manhattan, Margarita, and French Martini

It wasn’t long before our table was ready.

We decided to have another round of cocktails, this time Fran and I both went with the Elysian Fields. This was really yummy!

Instead of following the menu pairings our server started everyone off with a glass of this Champagne for the first course. Cheers!

This time I had the Chicken for my first course. Organic Chicken Breast, Sesame, Minted Fava, Lemongrass Nage.

It was good, but if I go back during this menu I would choose what Fran had this time and I had last time. Lump Crab Brandade, Delta Asparagus, SunGold Tomato Espuma.

For our second course, we both got the same thing. I contemplated getting the Catch of the Day, but in the end the Gnudi were just too good to pass. Here’s our wine.

And here it is! Sauteed Ricotta Gnudi, Sage Brown Butter, Mushroom Jus

And zoomed in…..

We got more bread this time, I think someone snagged one before I could get a picture.

Of course I went with the Filet this time and so I had this wine with my Main Course..

This one looks a little smaller than the last….

Fran really liked the salmon last time and instead of opting for a change, she went with it again.

On the dessert I went back and forth, “Did I want to try something new? But that coffee is so good!” In the end, the coffee won out, the chocolate may have had a little bit of say in it too.”

I didn’t notice if this was the same wine that Fran had last time, but it was very tasty and went well with her Strawberry and Buttermilk cake.

The Mixologist said that he had been working on this drink over the past week, and thought that he had finally refined it, and brought me a glass. I wasn’t overly stuffed this evening, but it was still a refreshing way to end the evening!

We made our way back to the room, said our goodnights and slept very well. The next morning, Jenny texted me asking if I wanted coffee and offered to deliver it bedside. She made sure that Fran and I were decent before entering our room!

DVC room coffee cups are always so small, so I got dressed and we enjoyed another cup while sitting on the couch chatting.

Normally we linger in the room and dawdle about leaving but not today. We had to be out of the room by 9:30 at the latest. Jenny and Michael were out the door by 9AM and they were totally self contained, no bellman required, this inspired Fran.

She put the cooler under her legs on the floorboards of her scooter, she wheeled the suitcase and I wheeled the computer bag, and we too were self contained! We got the car loaded up, drove though Mickey D's once we left the Disney cost manipulating vortex and headed home. Naked Jim was waiting for us. We had the other car loaded up with music stands, chairs, extra music, and anything else we needed. And we were on our way shortly after 11AM.

Those of you who are friends on FB may have seen various posts where I was tagged in a spontaneous musical experience in Griffith Park. In reality it was not at all spontaneous and involved a bit of work on the part of Fran and I. We are no longer in leadership in our Community band, after about 15 years of doing so. Since stepping down over five years ago, things have changed a lot. Leadership is now mostly young kids (millennials), who are fearful of everything from Covid to litigation. Though we could return to in person rehearsals nearly two weeks ago, the Board is so frought with policies and mandates (not state inspired, but their own) that they have postponed the return of rehearsals a second time.

Knowing that this was going to be the case Justin wanted to just start getting together again. On a Zoom meeting the board said that they would not sanction it, and even though Justin is not on the board, they would not sanction him organizing a rehearsal because he is a paid staff member and his organizing could be seen as board endorsement. Fran said "What if I did something?"

And there response was "We don't want to know about it."

And thus the Guerilla band was formed. We couldn't use tools like the FB group or mass emails, so I emailed band members individually approaching them with a "Speak-easy" tone like "Psst, how would you like to make some music with real people, in person?" And following up with reminder emails and making sure we had everything we needed (chairs, music stands, etc) and extras for those who forgot.

In the end, we had about a dozen people show up.

It was a fun afternoon and because we had a balanced instrumentation, we didn't sound half bad. All the FB posts were an effort to recruit other members who may have been hesitant or busy that day. We did do it again three weeks later, we lost a few from the first rehearsal, but gained three who saw it of FB and wanted to be a part of it.

And just yesterday we got an email with a 14-page policy and documentation from the Board of directors on how the band can return to in-person rehearsals. With strict guidelines on behavior and expectations.

It's the thing that Thanos is wearing on his hand that he keeps putting the stones into.

And the parks are so crowded now! What with no capacity limits. And I know that all the people running around unmasked are not fully vaccinated. Kids under 12 can't even get the vaccine.

OOOH! I didn't realize that was the name of it! The glove thing! Thank you for that explanation. I do know about that. :rotfl2:

And agree... We still mask here in Germany, even the fully vaccinated. It hasn't even been discussed about something to remove from the mandates. We don't mask outside (never really have), unless it's very crowded, or at particular establishments - but indoors everywhere. And 98% of the people follow the rules, which I appreciate! It's a very different mindset here I guess and people definitely have the more "common good" in mind, even when it's hot and uncomfortable.

It was great catching up again and we decided not to wait another 37 years before we did it again!

LOVE this! How wonderful!!

Your dinner looked fantastic. I just ate a sandwich for lunch and your food pictures told me it was NOT enough to eat... my stomach is rumbling!

And thus the Guerilla band was formed. We couldn't use tools like the FB group or mass emails, so I emailed band members individually approaching them with a "Speak-easy" tone like "Psst, how would you like to make some music with real people, in person?" And following up with reminder emails and making sure we had everything we needed (chairs, music stands, etc) and extras for those who forgot.

This is so wonderful. I bet everyone passing by really enjoyed the impromptu music as well. Things can be done safely, even in uncertain times, if done smartly! I am glad the board opened practices back up.

Yes, the microwave controls are on the right side of the microwave and the microwave is to the left of the refrigerator.
Copy that.
Then again, I did get my Bachelors Degree in Saxophone Performance so it would be weird if I sucked at it! :laughing:
:rolleyes:
Well they take us to the exit, and we go up a special elevator (that is not faulty) and it lets us out just outside where they load the ride.
I'm semi-familiar with that elevator. K took the chicken exit when I took her when she was little. So.... persons with disabilities going up, persons with fears of falling, going down.

Back at the Grand again
Don't know why, but this popped into my head right away:
Well it sure would be nice not to drive home after a big meal, so we took her up on it.
I ain't sayin' "no" to a free hotel room!
So... is the bathroom with the bath behind the pocket door to the right? Or is it in another area?
One of my HS friends that I hadn't seen since 1984 was flying in that day and checking into the Grand.
Hey! Nice! :)
"See you in 2056!" (36 years. Not 37.)
x21DL0521JM05.jpg
Don't you all look nice. :)
You have here (clockwise) Hurricane, Manhattan, Margarita, and French Martini
Obviously the Hurricane is out for me, but I'd do any of the others. ::yes::
We decided to have another round of cocktails, this time Fran and I both went with the Elysian Fields. This was really yummy!
I can't say for sure, but think I'd like this one too.
Instead of following the menu pairings our server started everyone off with a glass of this Champagne for the first course. Cheers!
Very nice touch. :)
Great shot! Really like that one.
Pretty presentation.
And here it is! Sauteed Ricotta Gnudi, Sage Brown Butter, Mushroom Jus
I had to look up "Gnudi". I'd never heard of it.
We got more bread this time, I think someone snagged one before I could get a picture.
HOW DARE THEY!?!?!?!?!?
Is the "33" in chocolate or ground coffee bean?
The Mixologist said that he had been working on this drink over the past week, and thought that he had finally refined it, and brought me a glass.
What was it?
The next morning, Jenny texted me asking if I wanted coffee and offered to deliver it bedside.
Now that's service! Free room and bedside service??? Hello!
She made sure that Fran and I were decent before entering our room!
:laughing:
She put the cooler under her legs on the floorboards of her scooter, she wheeled the suitcase and I wheeled the computer bag, and we too were self contained!
Voila! :laughing:
We got the car loaded up, drove though Mickey D's once we left the Disney cost manipulating vortex and headed home.
:laughing:
More smiling faces. :goodvibes
Fran said "What if I did something?"

And there response was "We don't want to know about it."

(And good for Fran)
That sounds pretty good? How many in the band in total again? Wasn't it around... 30?
And just yesterday we got an email with a 14-page policy and documentation from the Board of directors on how the band can return to in-person rehearsals. With strict guidelines on behavior and expectations.
Oy. :sad2:

Coffee with a smile!!! That was such a fun night! Glad you ladies stayed over and we could enjoy coffee in the morning! Dinner was FABULOUS! I think my favorite course was the Jon Dorry (I am sure I am butchering the name)! :lmao:

Great pictures of Club 33! Quick question, would you have any pictures of their dinner menu or any pictures of what the interior of Club 33 looked like?

OOOH! I didn't realize that was the name of it! The glove thing! Thank you for that explanation. I do know about that. :rotfl2:

Probably the only reason I know the name is because they are selling "Iron Man Infinity Gauntlet cup holders" at Avengers Campus and people are walking around with them on their hands/arms.

And agree... We still mask here in Germany, even the fully vaccinated. It hasn't even been discussed about something to remove from the mandates. We don't mask outside (never really have), unless it's very crowded, or at particular establishments - but indoors everywhere. And 98% of the people follow the rules, which I appreciate! It's a very different mindset here I guess and people definitely have the more "common good" in mind, even when it's hot and uncomfortable.

That's nice that people care about something other than themselves. I'm not saying everyone here is like that, but a large percentage of people care only about themselves.

LOVE this! How wonderful!!

We were good friends in school and just lost touch in college.

Your dinner looked fantastic. I just ate a sandwich for lunch and your food pictures told me it was NOT enough to eat... my stomach is rumbling!

I'm having a very Dimitar late lunch today! I can't wait!

This is so wonderful. I bet everyone passing by really enjoyed the impromptu music as well. Things can be done safely, even in uncertain times, if done smartly! I am glad the board opened practices back up.

When we did it three weeks later there was a multi family party going on and some of the kids kept coming over and listening and dancing. It was cute I don't think the parents appreciated it as much.

Until Disney announced that due to guidelines of the state of California out of state park visitors would not be welcome upon reopening.

Boo!

One of my HS friends that I hadn't seen since 1984 was flying in that day and checking into the Grand. We had agreed to meet up in the Hearthstone Lounge for a drink before each of us went on to our respective dinner plans.

Wow, that's cool. Glad you could meet up.

On the dessert I went back and forth, “Did I want to try something new? But that coffee is so good!” In the end, the coffee won out, the chocolate may have had a little bit of say in it too.”

I get like that once I find something I love on a menu. If it ain't broke...

We made our way back to the room, said our goodnights and slept very well. The next morning, Jenny texted me asking if I wanted coffee and offered to deliver it bedside.

Wow, the service at this place is unbelievable!

Though we could return to in person rehearsals nearly two weeks ago, the Board is so frought with policies and mandates (not state inspired, but their own) that they have postponed the return of rehearsals a second time.

Gotta love bureaucracy...

And thus the Guerilla band was formed. We couldn't use tools like the FB group or mass emails, so I emailed band members individually approaching them with a "Speak-easy" tone like "Psst, how would you like to make some music with real people, in person?"

:rotfl2:It's like a secret mission. Glad you could pull it off!

14 pages! Ain't nobody got time for that.

Don't know why, but this popped into my head right away:

That's not what comes to mind when I hear "Back in the Saddle Again."

I ain't sayin' "no" to a free hotel room!

That actually didn't cross my mind, but yeah free hotel room is good.

So... is the bathroom with the bath behind the pocket door to the right?

Yes.

"See you in 2056!" (36 years. Not 37.)

I often wonder if I'll make it until then.

Don't you all look nice. :)

Thank you!

Obviously the Hurricane is out for me, but I'd do any of the others. ::yes::

The French Martini is my favorite (also my drink). Not sure I'd do a Manhattan.

I can't say for sure, but think I'd like this one too.

This one is really good. I've had it a bunch!

Great shot! Really like that one.

That's one I stole from Jenny. I can't take credit.

I had to look up "Gnudi". I'd never heard of it.

Me neither, but it sure is good!

Is the "33" in chocolate or ground coffee bean?

I believe it's cocoa.

What was it?

Not sure, he didn't tell me.

That sounds pretty good? How many in the band in total again? Wasn't it around... 30?

Actually we had over 60 members and about 40-50 attending weekly.

Tell me about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter