For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Hi!
We have a 1st time visit to DL coming up, and I am really appreciating especially TRs like yours to sort of generally get oriented and also to have an idea of how the parks are operating now. I had to lol when I saw your cups with lids. That's Disney for ya', being sneaky with the little nudges toward desired guest behavior. I know there's the no drinking/eating and walking rule, but the lids seem like a great reminder.
So sorry to read about your awful Plumber #1 experience. I'm glad you found someone new.
Also, your GC pics *almost* make me wish I'd ponied up the money to reserve there. We booked 4 nights offsite though. Long story short, I went to try to book the 4 nights right after the out of state rule changes were announced, and could only book 3. So I decided my finances could handle just 1 night at one of the resorts. I wavered between PP & DLH, (went with PP),and never really considered upgrading to the GC, but then, I hadn't even pulled up the photos of it. That place looks amazing! Then the good neighbor "4th night free" promo magically reappeared about when the website stopped crashing so much due to overload of out-of-staters trying to book. So I really couldn't justify paying for a 4th night at PP vs. getting it for free and not having to move hotels. So now our 1st DL trip will be el cheapo lodgings. If that doesn't turn me completely off DL, maybe we'll upgrade for the "next" trip. But I sure could enjoyed one night in the GC, and I enjoy seeing your photos of it!
As for the guac tip, I had never even heard of it being made at your table! Is that a Tortilla Jo's thing, or common these days? I certainly wouldn't have thought to tip the server, as I would have been caught totally by surprise, so I'm glad that little detail came up. Well, at this point I have no idea if we're going to be able to get reservations anywhere or if we will end up living on nothing but popcorn or maybe those pretty mickey m&m stick things.
Looking forward to reading the rest and more of your photos!

I agree! With fries at CO

They put them on the side of the entrees now since sharing apps is bad during Covid.

Do you make the sauce? I like green chile sauce, but it's not easy to buy here and I've never tried making it

It's super easy compared to the ribs recipe....

http://longproperties.biz/EnchiladasRancheras.html
Whoa that is getting busier!

And even more so the more it goes along.

Plexiglass everywhere hey!

I'm sure that industry is booming!

Was there still a rebel spy chosen?

::yes::

Just chillin' alone! So casual!

I'm kinda liking this social distancing!

Pretty sure I remember my dad picking an orange from a tree at DL when I was a kid and giving it to us :lmao:

I think the rehab was after you were a kid, you're not that younger than me!

One of my favs :lovestruc

:thumbsup2

Pretty good for flying solo!

Someday I'm gonna just watch and see how we do!

I actually really like doing this too- different things on different halves

I'm a strictly butter kind of girl.

I'm a dude. We're like... get up... smell clothes... not overly rank? Wear same and leave. Maybe brush teeth. Maybe not. How much of a rush am I in or how lazy do I feel?

:laughing:

It's not listening!
(It never does.)

Well give it a smack upside the head.

Ah.
Disney is not for those who want a slow sedate vacation.

Well, it can be... but then the slow part comes from standing in long lines.

Well, we sometimes go slow.....

There's the V8!
And that smoothie looks interesting.

That's my new favorite morning beverage! There's a strawberry/banana version as well, but I like this one better.

Had no idea.

Currently LA and OC are in yellow.

Can see that.

Not sure if that's a good thing... or an annoying thing. :laughing:

(Of course it's good as it signals a return to normalcy.)

I don't know if I want to go back to that normalcy! :laughing:

:)
Have a bowl of cereal then save the Galaxy.

Isn't that how everyone starts their day?

Wonder if our landfills are going to be filled with plexiglass soon?

I hope that they figure out some way to recycle it.

What a harrowing experience!

:eek:

You look so... alone, there.

Odd isn't it?

Heh. Saves on dining costs.

And it keeps you regular! :thumbsup2

Nicely done. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:

I thought you found pilot too stressful?

I do, and now I know that for sure. But with no one behind me yelling at me I was willing to try it again.

Wait... you were all by yourself?!?!? No other crew at all?

They are only seating one party per vehicle, I was a party of one.

Whoa.

And yet... you'd think with the boarding groups they could prevent that.

A guy on the RotR thread has guessed that they generally call a boarding group every 3 1/2 minutes. Not sure how many are in a BG, but it's easy to have a bunch of people show up at once.

Fran is my spirit animal.

:lmao:

Well shoot!

I will remedy that soon.....

I was a few updates behind, but I am just LOVING your report here - all the pictures transport me to Disneyland!! So wonderful.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

This made me tear up! It's been such a long haul, hasn't it? The normalcy that is returning is such a mix of a little scary, a bit unknown / foreign feeling, and a WHOLE LOT of excitement!

And with all this talk of other folks traveling, Fran isn't ready to go anywhere but Disneyland right now. Maybe my parent's house.

Gorgeous. I love the Grand. I'm not sure I love that new fabric in the lobby.... but, oh well.

I'm sure as soon as they can use a more appealing fabric they will.

I had no idea!! I can totally see a family chilling there, grabbing carrots out of the ground to go with their packed sandwiches. :rotfl:

I think the vegetables are mostly lettuce, cabbage, and herbs. Carrots would be too enticing for folks to actually do that!

Well give it a smack upside the head.
Ow!!!

Now I forgot what I was supposed to do...
Well, we sometimes go slow.....
Benefit of being able to go more often than once or twice every year or two. ::yes:: :)
Currently LA and OC are in yellow.
Almost there! :)
I don't know if I want to go back to that normalcy! :laughing:

I keep seeing memes about that.

"I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't cancel plans because of Covid"
or
"When Covid is over, please still stay away from me."
Isn't that how everyone starts their day?
Sometimes I have eggs... and then save the Galaxy.
And it keeps you regular! :thumbsup2
Win win!
I do, and now I know that for sure. But with no one behind me yelling at me I was willing to try it again.
Makes sense. But you were still stressed? When alone?
They are only seating one party per vehicle, I was a party of one.
I'd be okay with that.

Hi Fran- I'm loving this trip report! I usually lurk but don't comment. :fish:

:welcome: it's so much more fun when people participate in a trip report!

Do you happen to have recommendations for newbies who want to rent points to stay at the Villa's at Grand Californian (we do not own DVC)? Your room looks amazing there! Any resources, websites, or tips would be appreciated!

The first tip would be to plan far far far ahead. This would be the time to start thinking about Fall/Winter 2022. There are a number of sites out there to rent points, but you'll want to get in there with someone who owns at VGC so that they can book it between the 7-11 month period. Once you get past the 7 month mark, it's open to everyone in DVC and it pretty much sells out as soon as booking opens.

My husband and I want to stay there for our honeymoon in early December (we got married last summer via Zoom...covid, man!). The regular rooms are so expensive- around $650/night for a standard room without a view, wowzers!

The hotel rates are ridiculous. I'm sure DVC is sold out for December at this point. Most of January is probably going fast as well. In thinking about this reply prompted me to book the Grand for my birthday next year as we hit the 11 Mont mark a couple days ago.

Anyways, I looked at the Villa's on the Dave's Disney Vacation Club website, and we could get a 1-bedroom villa for the same price for our 3 night trip. However, I'm not sure if there is actual availability on those dates (we'd have to lock it down and make a deposit for Dave's to check), the entire cost is non-refundable so nothing better happen to us beforehand hah, and we want to ensure the park and restaurants have fully reopened before visiting. It's hard to predict what the parks will look like this December.

You hit the nail on the head with this one. As soon as you are 7 months out availability vanishes. It's a highly desirable location and there are hardly any rooms compared to demand.

On a related note, do you think the hotels might offer any type of discount or promo code (Ie. 10% off, or buy 3 nights get a 4th free), by December?

I have no idea about regular hotel prices. It's been so long since I've stayed in a regular hotel room anywhere. I think our last non-Disney vacation was our 2014 road trip. All other trips we have taken have been related to conferences with our National Band organization, and those hotels offer a conference rate. I'm terrible about stalking good hotel deals since buying DVC!

The final time that I woke was at 6:32. I needed to be conscious and on the Disneyland app at 7AM to secure a boarding group for RotR.

Most important thing you'll do all day!

Gah! Look at all those people! Go away!

x21DL00513BG13.jpg

This is the most chill Space Mountain photo I've seen.

I wonder if security has busted any guests for eating the flora.

Not an issue with me, I can assure you.

I was hampered by a lack of crew behind me and only got one load of coaxium.

Excuses, excuses.

While it had looked pretty crowded in the morning, Main Street was fairly empty when I left at noon.

Wow, that really is a ghost town.

I daresay that'd be a lot for most. Both are heavy meals. But.... sigh... A Cristo with Pomme Frites... I neeeeeeed this.

I have another date with one on July 15....

Well, thank God for that. :laughing:

If I found cat puke in my room, I would be mighty pissed!

view of perfection.

Holy guacamole! That sure looks good but I'd get spicy WITH the green stuffs. ;)

We're wimps in the taste bud department.....

Quite possibly my 3rd favorite lounge at DLR.

Including Trader Sam's?

I noticed that with you a few years ago. I kinda like it, but miss the marigolds they used to put in TLand that I associate with Disney from when I was a kid

I don't remember that time period. I was probably too busy focusing on rides back then.

Yeah, I think being alone on that one would really mess up the results.

Sometime, I want to try just sitting back and not doing anything and see what happens.

What a heavenly view!! Gosh I'd love to be on Main Street when it was like that.

It's too bad that I usually see that when we're tired and on our way out.

Dang it!! :(

I fix the situation fairly promptly.....

Hi!
We have a 1st time visit to DL coming up, and I am really appreciating especially TRs like yours to sort of generally get oriented and also to have an idea of how the parks are operating now.

:welcome: I'm glad you appreciate the information! When is your trip?

I had to lol when I saw your cups with lids. That's Disney for ya', being sneaky with the little nudges toward desired guest behavior. I know there's the no drinking/eating and walking rule, but the lids seem like a great reminder.

We'll see if that sticks around after June 15.....

So sorry to read about your awful Plumber #1 experience. I'm glad you found someone new.

Well, they were a one time use. Not sure we'll call them again. We have another situation going on, but we've called yet another new plumber.

Also, your GC pics *almost* make me wish I'd ponied up the money to reserve there. We booked 4 nights offsite though. Long story short, I went to try to book the 4 nights right after the out of state rule changes were announced, and could only book 3. So I decided my finances could handle just 1 night at one of the resorts. I wavered between PP & DLH, (went with PP),and never really considered upgrading to the GC, but then, I hadn't even pulled up the photos of it. That place looks amazing! Then the good neighbor "4th night free" promo magically reappeared about when the website stopped crashing so much due to overload of out-of-staters trying to book. So I really couldn't justify paying for a 4th night at PP vs. getting it for free and not having to move hotels. So now our 1st DL trip will be el cheapo lodgings. If that doesn't turn me completely off DL, maybe we'll upgrade for the "next" trip. But I sure could enjoyed one night in the GC, and I enjoy seeing your photos of it!

Some of the Good Neighbor hotels are just fine, especially if you are mostly using the room for sleeping. The DLH is really nice, I enjoy staying there too.

As for the guac tip, I had never even heard of it being made at your table! Is that a Tortilla Jo's thing, or common these days?

Not these days, this picture is from 2016, but they were doing it all the way up until the shutdown happened. Now everything has to be done in controlled environments which are properly sanitized, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

I certainly wouldn't have thought to tip the server, as I would have been caught totally by surprise, so I'm glad that little detail came up.

Fran is a big tipper, and usually tips all kinds of people that take care of us. Since we are there often and the bellmen and valets recognize us, we get better service when they know she'll give them a good tip.

Well, at this point I have no idea if we're going to be able to get reservations anywhere or if we will end up living on nothing but popcorn or maybe those pretty mickey m&m stick things.
Looking forward to reading the rest and more of your photos!

As long as you stalk the reservations at 60 days, and some sit down restaurants are not as popular as others. Plus more will be open come July 31st.

:welcome: I'm glad you appreciate the information! When is your trip?
Thanks! We're going in August. Hottest month of the year and I hate heat (and can actually have some medical issues in heat) but that's when there's no school, so we're stuck. Besides, I checked weather averages and it's very likely to be at least 10 degrees cooler than if we just stayed home, so I can deal with it.

We'll see if that sticks around after June 15.....
Well, if we're still wearing masks it might not matter much. If somehow masks go away and we can walk and drink then, it would be nice to have lidless cups - or straws, but does CA even allow straws? ETA: It looks like the first info I got on that was wrong and straws are allowed, it seems. Not that any of that is relevant if you can't walk and drink.
Well, they were a one time use. Not sure we'll call them again. We have another situation going on, but we've called yet another new plumber.
😢 I'm sorry to hear that!
Some of the Good Neighbor hotels are just fine, especially if you are mostly using the room for sleeping. The DLH is really nice, I enjoy staying there too.
Well, the less we like the hotel, the more likely we are to just use it for sleeping, I suppose. Keeping my fingers crossed. I actually found a video of our GN hotel's owner pleading for re-opening. The place has been in his family for a long time, so in a way I am happy to help out. 😊 I know it's not going to be DLH quality, but as long as we don't feel unsafe and it's reasonably clean and bug-free (at least in the room), and the walk down Harbor isn't scary or unsafe after dark, we'll be fine.
these days, this picture is from 2016,
Wow! That just looks like so much fun! Now I wish they were still doing tableside guac. Oh well!
Post-shutdown (not that we had much of one here in our state), just eating out will be a treat.
Fran is a big tipper, and usually tips all kinds of people that take care of us. Since we are there often and the bellmen and valets recognize us, we get better service when they know she'll give them a good tip.
Smart! (And nice!)
As long as you stalk the reservations at 60 days, and some sit down restaurants are not as popular as others. Plus more will be open come July 31st.
By July 31st? What have you heard? Details, details, please!
Anyhow, I do keep checking the dining openings. So far I've seen very little other than the occasional resort or DTD opening. But I still haven't woken at 6 a.m. (our time) to see what openings look like at that time on the furthest day out. (Honestly for all you west coasters who hate checking at 3 a.m., over here I'm the one oddball who'd rather be checking at 3 than at 6. But 6 it is. I might try tomorrow. I'll feel so much better if I see some in-park ADRs available. Since we'll have time zone issues anyhow, we may as well eat our TS mid-afternoon, which might help. As good as some of the DTD places look, I don't want to risk getting capacity locked out of parks after our meal.

Last edited:
Ow!!!

Now I forgot what I was supposed to do...

Never mind. You can get a candy apple at Disney.

Benefit of being able to go more often than once or twice every year or two. ::yes:: :)

Or every other week....

Almost there! :)

And Ventura County went to yellow this week!

I keep seeing memes about that.

"I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't cancel plans because of Covid"
or
"When Covid is over, please still stay away from me."

Yeah, I'm all over that!

Sometimes I have eggs... and then save the Galaxy.

Makes sense. But you were still stressed? When alone?

Yes. Or wS stressful even with no one yelling at me. I'm happier doing the other jobs.

I'd be okay with that.

I bet you would!

OK folks, by today I wanted to have two more updates posted, but life got in the way. I know I have a couple more replies to make, but I'm gonna go ahead and post this update and I'll get to replies over the weekend. You see today I had a preview of the Avengers Campus which opens to the public tomorrow. I may jump ahead and do my updates out of order to sneak in my pictures and thoughts for what I did today. It was pretty cool. Not life shattering cool, or nearly as cool as I thought Galaxy’s Edge was, but we had a good time, ate some neat food, rode a fun ride, and had a cool photo op or two. But for now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Back in the hotel room, and disappointed that I wasn’t going to get my Mickey Macaron today, I decided just to work on getting Fran to wake up. She wanted to take a shower, and once she was done, I convinced her to dress for dinner. I did as well.

We headed out to DCA and went towards Carthay for a little pre dinner drink.

She ordered a Margarita and I got a glass of Brachetto d’Acquii (aka Rosa Regale, they called it Rose sparkling wine)

Well once the server puts down the drinks he tells us that if there is alcohol on the table we need to have a food item as well.

Now we had a pretty big dinner ahead of us, and I really didn't want anything to eat beforehand. We should have been a little bit more forceful, but we went ahead and ordered the meatballs. There were only two and how filling could they be?

Unfortunately pretty filling.

We paid our check and headed off to our dinner reservation. Earlier in the day, Fran said it would take more than half an hour to get there, but we were there at 4:30 and our reservation wasn’t until 5PM.

So I ordered a cocktail. Now those of you who know me may think that this is my standard Belvedere Gibson up, however, I had a rain check to cash in. A couple days before the last weekend we spent at the Grand before the shut down, we had a little class on booze. I didn't post about it because honestly I didn't remember a lot. Not from all the drink, but all the time that had passed.

At the end we got a wee tasting of various Gins due to the fact that I told our bartender that I didn't care for it. The only thing I remembered was that I liked the Gin with Monkey in the name. The weekend with Jill and Jenny we had planned to go for drinks, but with RotR being down for so long and me needing to go back home for Fran's meds and such, it never worked out. Then the parks closed down, so tonight was my chance! Behold my overdue Gibson with Monkey 47.

Soon we were seated for dinner. The room was fairly empty when we were seated but eventually all the tables ended up being full.

I started off with a Riesling, a Spatlese to be specific, Heinz Eiffel from Germany.

Fran had a hurricane. I like how the umbrella is blowing away!

The menu.

This was my wine with the 1st course.

I got the Lump Crab Brandade, Delta Asparagus, SunGold Tomato Espuma. This was very good and I ate every last bite.

We were given the bread service around this time and for some reason there was only one piece of bread in the basket. We did get more later, but I think I only ate my ½ piece of bread. I’ve learned not to fill up on bread.

This was Fran's wine.

Fran got the Organic Chicken Breast, Sesame, Minted Fava, Lemongrass Nage. She enjoyed it very much and also ate every bite.

For the second course, I had the Chianti with mine.

I had the Sauteed Ricotta Gnudi, Sage Brown Butter, Mushroom Jus, this was so tasty! I used my bread to mop up the sauce, and I'm not someone who normally does that.

She had the White Bordeaux blend.

Fran got the Sustainable Catch (John Dory), Pressed Zucchini, Pine Nut, Squash Blossom Essence.

She finished up this one. I had a taste and it was very good, but I was happy with my choice.

So here's where I started to really regret the fact that we ordered the hors'd'ouevres. I wasn't ravenously hungry, but I wasn't stuffed...yet.

I was served the Mascot.

I had the Creekstone Farms Filet Mignon, Marble potato, Cabernet Jus. This was so tasty, but I could only eat about half of it maybe not even that. Fran took a few bites, but ultimately we ended up taking it home. In the end it made a lovely beef quesadilla which we enjoyed with our leftovers from TJs once we came back.home.

She was served the Burgundy wine.

She had Cold Water Salmon, Spring Onion, English Pea Coulis she said that this was very good and finished the whole thing.

Dessert came next. I had the Manjari Chocolate Marquise, Almond Crunch, Salted Almond Anglaise.

Served with a Special Decaf coffee.

Hers was served with a Donnafugata, Ben Rye, Zibibbo, Sicilia, Sicily, Italy, 2015. She really liked this wine and had me email its name to her.

It accompanied the Strawberry Buttermilk Crumble Cake, Roasted Strawberry Sorbet.

I ate about ⅓ of mine before I just couldn't manage another bite. Remember the guy in The Meaning of Life? If you've seen it you know the scene that I mean.

I asked the resident mixologist if he could make me up something like what Palo serves after dinner.

Well I told him it had limoncello, and he mixed some concoction of anisette, vermouth, not sure if he said bitters, but he had to sweeten the thing so he added some sort of liqueur I don't remember, something minty but not peppermint schnapps. I was still in food coma when he told me, but after 5-6 sips I really started to feel better.

When I got back to the room I was still full, but I wasn't "Bring me a bucket" full anymore. But I couldn't even bring myself to take a bath. I just went to bed, and had the weirdest dreams. I don't remember what they were but they were very vivid. Fran said she had wild dreams that night too!

The next morning I did feel well enough to take a bath. I also fixed us some breakfast. She had the same English Muffin that I had fixed her the day before while I had toast with butter and peanut butter. We also finished off the V8 and the Berry Juice we had brought.

And while we were not feeling confident of our skills at packing for a trip we hadn't lost our skills for getting out of the room. We always push it to the last moment and are calling Bell Services pretty close to 11AM when checkout occurs. But this time we were ready at 10:20, a record for us!

We said goodbye to the bellmen and other staff and told them we would see them again in a week!

Here’s what I crossed off the list this time!

Eat:
Plaza Inn Chicken
Corn Dog/Cheese Dog
Asparagus Skewer
Cafe Orleans
Mickey Macaroon from Jolly Holiday
Mickey beignets from Mint Julep Bar
Funnel Cake
Pickle Corn Dog
Raspberry Swirl Dole Whip
Bacon Mac n Cheese from Cozy Cone
Sweet treats from candy shops
Ghirardelli sundae

Ride:
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Guardians of the Galaxy
Soarin

Indiana Jones
Incredicoaster
Little Mermaid
RotR
Falcon
Train

Snow White
TSMM
Mr. Toad
BTMRR
RSR

Following along! I love that you have a continuing trip report.

That is so amazing that you are Club 33 members. My dream one day is to become a member, but that is on the far off distance lol

You see today I had a preview of the Avengers Campus which opens to the public tomorrow. I may jump ahead and do my updates out of order to sneak in my pictures and thoughts for what I did today. It was pretty cool. Not life shattering cool, or nearly as cool as I thought Galaxy’s Edge was, but we had a good time, ate some neat food, rode a fun ride, and had a cool photo op or two.
Sounds like it's pretty good. :)
Maybe not GE good... but good.
Back in the hotel room, and disappointed that I wasn’t going to get my Mickey Macaron today,
tragic.gif
She wanted to take a shower, and once she was done, I convinced her to dress for dinner. I did as well.
Probably for the best. I suspect Disney would frown upon an attempt at nude dining.
Nice shot of you two. :)

I always forget there's a timer on phone cameras!
Well once the server puts down the drinks he tells us that if there is alcohol on the table we need to have a food item as well.
If he hadn't told me before-hand, I would've told him (politely) "No." If he insisted, I would've asked for a refund and left. Not ruining a wonderful dinner.
we went ahead and ordered the meatballs. There were only two and how filling could they be?

Oh my gosh. That's huge!
Behold my overdue Gibson with Monkey 47.
But... you like Gibsons but you don't like Gin?
That's a nice touch!!
We were given the bread service around this time and for some reason there was only one piece of bread in the basket.
Must've been an oversight, surely?
For the second course, I had the Chianti with mine.
Was the second course fava beans??
I used my bread to mop up the sauce, and I'm not someone who normally does that.
You know it's good when!
I was served the Mascot.
A tragic end to a beloved pet. Sad.
She had Cold Water Salmon
Wait... she had John Dory and salmon?
Remember the guy in The Meaning of Life? If you've seen it you know the scene that I mean.
Mr Creosote.gif

It's wafer thin! (One of the least offensive photos I could find.)
When I got back to the room I was still full, but I wasn't "Bring me a bucket" full anymore. But I couldn't even bring myself to take a bath. I just went to bed, and had the weirdest dreams. I don't remember what they were but they were very vivid. Fran said she had wild dreams that night too!
Not at all surprised!
We said goodbye to the bellmen and other staff and told them we would see them again in a week!
:goodvibes
Here’s what I crossed off the list this time!
List is getting pretty thin!

Ohhh Yahhhhh a big foodie/drinks update!! :lovestruc:lovestrucpopcorn::

Love the matchy matchy!

Carthay for a little pre dinner drink.

Pretty sure we had some of those classics, but the "spring into hollywoods" sounds quite tasty too!

Love this! Fran "Oh Alison, I love you but..."

Seriously dude 🤦

tzatziki and pomegranates- how was that?

Now those of you who know me may think that this is my standard Belvedere Gibson up

That's indeed what I'd think...

At the end we got a wee tasting of various Gins due to the fact that I told our bartender that I didn't care for it.

Mmmm gin tasting..I love my gins...

Behold my overdue Gibson with Monkey 47.

MMMMMmmmm!

At first glance I thought it was an edible flower!

Nice menu! I know what I'd have, and I know which item you wouldn't have!

D would have this

Fran got the Organic Chicken Breast, Sesame, Minted Fava, Lemongrass Nage. She enjoyed it very much and also ate every bite.

And I would have this- yumm!

Fran got the Sustainable Catch (John Dory), Pressed Zucchini, Pine Nut, Squash Blossom Essence.

I would have this I think and D I'm not sure..maybe the other so we could have both...

This looks sooo good but...
he had Cold Water Salmon, Spring Onion, English Pea Coulis she said that this was very good and finished the whole thing.

I'd probably have this...maybe...I LOVE filet..so we'd probably have both..I knew you'd have the filet of course.

I'm normally chocolate all the way, but wow this looks SO good!

Well I told him it had limoncello, and he mixed some concoction of anisette, vermouth, not sure if he said bitters

bitters are a good tummy "settler" so I wonder if he did?

We always push it to the last moment and are calling Bell Services pretty close to 11AM when checkout occurs. But this time we were ready at 10:20, a record for us!

Nice work you two!!

Most important thing you'll do all day!

Except now there are two choices! :eek:

Gah! Look at all those people! Go away!

I know!

This is the most chill Space Mountain photo I've seen.

:lmao:

Not an issue with me, I can assure you.

I didn't think so! :rotfl2:

Excuses, excuses.

I got a million of 'em.

Wow, that really is a ghost town.

Isn't it nice. Unfortunately that's not the case in what would've been my next update.

Thanks! We're going in August. Hottest month of the year and I hate heat (and can actually have some medical issues in heat) but that's when there's no school, so we're stuck. Besides, I checked weather averages and it's very likely to be at least 10 degrees cooler than if we just stayed home, so I can deal with it.

Actually August is not the hottest month. September or October are usually hotter. They call it Indian summer. I'm not saying it won't be hot, but hopefully it will be in the 80s not 90s or over 100.

Well, if we're still wearing masks it might not matter much. If somehow masks go away and we can walk and drink then, it would be nice to have lidless cups - or straws, but does CA even allow straws? ETA: It looks like the first info I got on that was wrong and straws are allowed, it seems. Not that any of that is relevant if you can't walk and drink.

Just wait until after June 15th. No one knows what's going to happen when we "fully reopen."

I'm sorry to hear that!

Problem fixed itself! Canceled the other plumber!

Well, the less we like the hotel, the more likely we are to just use it for sleeping, I suppose. Keeping my fingers crossed. I actually found a video of our GN hotel's owner pleading for re-opening. The place has been in his family for a long time, so in a way I am happy to help out. 😊 I know it's not going to be DLH quality, but as long as we don't feel unsafe and it's reasonably clean and bug-free (at least in the room), and the walk down Harbor isn't scary or unsafe after dark, we'll be fine.

You will be fine. Anything on Harbor Blvd should be safe even after dark. Which hotel are you at? I've had DiS friends who have stayed at most of them and could maybe tell you what I know.

Wow! That just looks like so much fun! Now I wish they were still doing tableside guac. Oh well!
Post-shutdown (not that we had much of one here in our state), just eating out will be a treat.

Well you never know. Like I said after 6/15 they may just rip the band-aid off restrictions. Or not.

By July 31st? What have you heard? Details, details, please

Just that the DLH will begin a phased reopening starting July 2. I heard Trader Sam's will reopen on the 30th. We are majorly looking forward to that!

Anyhow, I do keep checking the dining openings. So far I've seen very little other than the occasional resort or DTD opening. But I still haven't woken at 6 a.m. (our time) to see what openings look like at that time on the furthest day out. (Honestly for all you west coasters who hate checking at 3 a.m., over here I'm the one oddball who'd rather be checking at 3 than at 6. But 6 it is. I might try tomorrow. I'll feel so much better if I see some in-park ADRs available. Since we'll have time zone issues anyhow, we may as well eat our TS mid-afternoon, which might help. As good as some of the DTD places look, I don't want to risk getting capacity locked out of parks after our meal.

If the reservation system for park reservations is still in place at that time you won't get locked out if you leave for a lunch or dinner reservation. If the reservation system is over, then there's no way the park will get to capacity. There are still no APs, and daily tickets are ridiculously expensive. So Cal residents are not visiting the parks in the numbers they did before Covid.

If you want to know about any restaurants I've eaten at most of the longer standing ones, but not any of the new ones.

I have to wait 6 years?!?!? (Or however long it will take to be able to travel again... :sad2:)

Well from what I hear your country is going pretty slow. Have you received your second dose?

Aye, aye, chief engineer! (Or gunner)

I think I stand by my liking engineer.

Sounds like it's pretty good. :)
Maybe not GE good... but good.

After you read my update you'll see why I'm OK with only being able to ride the ride once. I'm looking forward to the 2nd ride opening.

Probably for the best. I suspect Disney would frown upon an attempt at nude dining.

That and if she put on sweats and a T-shirt it would take another hour to change her clothes. Then again we wouldn't have been forced to eat the meatballs if she'd not got ready early.

Nice shot of you two. :)

I always forget there's a timer on phone cameras

That's the only way to get pictures of yourself. Disney employees can't touch your phone.

If he hadn't told me before-hand, I would've told him (politely) "No." If he insisted, I would've asked for a refund and left. Not ruining a wonderful dinner.

You're more insistent. I think my friends who sat down across from us did that. We can be pushovers.

Oh my gosh. That's huge!

I know!

But... you like Gibsons but you don't like Gin?

I usually get them with vodka.

The only reason that I think I don't like Gin was an encounter during HS where I mixed a number of alcohols and Gin was the predominant one. It was not really good Gin either. At this particular tasting last year I was given several Top Shelf Gins, most likely with the intent of furthering my taste for expensive Gin. It worked.

That's a nice touch!!

Trader Sam's in Florida did that as well.

Must've been an oversight, surely?

Probably a mistake, Fran asked for more later. I only ate my 1/2 piece of bread.

Was the second course fava beans??

I'm assuming this is a reference to the movie Silence of the Lambs, which I have and never will see.

You know it's good when!

I eat my only half piece of bread!

A tragic end to a beloved pet. Sad.

🙄

Wait... she had John Dory and salmon?

I guess so, but she had chicken for the first course.

It's wafer thin! (One of the least offensive photos I could find.)

Yeah, I actually had to leave the theater during that scene when I saw it for the first time.

Not at all surprised!

:sad2:

List is getting pretty thin!

Not from my POV!

Note: when I get through responses I have a three post update. Try not to get inbetween them or take my top post spot!!!!!!!

Well from what I hear your country is going pretty slow. Have you received your second dose?
I did! Through a stroke of luck or a lucky mistake. :)
I think I stand by my liking engineer.
After you read my update you'll see why I'm OK with only being able to ride the ride once. I'm looking forward to the 2nd ride opening.
popcorn::
That and if she put on sweats and a T-shirt it would take another hour to change her clothes. Then again we wouldn't have been forced to eat the meatballs if she'd not got ready early.
Every action has its consequences, huh?
That's the only way to get pictures of yourself. Disney employees can't touch your phone.
Oh! I hadn't thought of that. Of course!
You're more insistent. I think my friends who sat down across from us did that. We can be pushovers.
I prefer to think of you as agreeably accommodating.
I usually get them with vodka.
:headache: D'oh! Of course. :sad2:
The only reason that I think I don't like Gin was an encounter during HS where I mixed a number of alcohols and Gin was the predominant one. It was not really good Gin either. At this particular tasting last year I was given several Top Shelf Gins, most likely with the intent of furthering my taste for expensive Gin. It worked.
:laughing: Another lamb to the slaughter!
I'm assuming this is a reference to the movie Silence of the Lambs, which I have and never will see.
Oh, go ahead. I mean what have you got to lose, except for sleep due to nightmares?
Yeah, I actually had to leave the theater during that scene when I saw it for the first time.
Not surprised. It's... a lot.
It's one of the most talked about scenes, but mostly due to the shock value.
However... the scene with the waiter immediately after that is one of my favourites. :)
Not from my POV!
Note: when I get through responses I have a three post update. Try not to get inbetween them or take my top post spot!!!!!!!
I am promising nothing!!

Actually, you'll probably be fine. Working some funky hours over the next few days and I can't see your photos at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter