For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Fran gets her Monte Cristo!

So we’re jumping back a couple weeks from the Avengers update. In Mid May Fran had still not had a hot Monte Cristo sandwich served to her in the park. I brought her home some of my leftovers, but that’s not the same. There had been several opportunities for Fran to get a Monte Cristo and yet she still had not had that experience since the park opened, but because she didn’t feel up to it, she ended up not going. Today she would finally have that experience!

This was our first day that our park reservation was for DCA and not DL. We didn't get as early a start as I wanted. I'd hoped to leave at 10AM but it was closer to 11:30 when we finally left. It was 12:30 when we were approaching the gates so we stuck with our DCA choice since we couldn't park hop until 1:00PM.

I convinced Fran to ride TSMM so we headed to Pixar Pier first. We stopped in the gift shop and she found a shirt that she wanted but they didn't have it in her size.

The line wasn’t too bad and pretty soon we were approaching the ride.

I wonder if they will remove these “Not Available” signs when the state reopens on June 15th?

Here comes our special accessible vehicle!

Vehicle loaded and ready to go.

We are out of practice and need to go back. At least I did get best in vehicle!

We continued around the pier, looking in the other shop near the Fun Wheel for her shirt, again with no luck. We continued around the circle past Silly Symphony Swings.

I’m sad that the Corn Dog Palace isn’t open, but glad that at least the same menu is being served at Award Wieners.

The Zephyr is down right now too.

It was still pretty quiet in this corridor.

She wanted to look through Ink and Paint, while I rode Guardians.

There was no one else behind me in the queue and I was able to go slowly through the front room and take pictures.

The weren’t running the pre-show, and I got to take pictures of Taneleer Tivan’s office. I also noticed that the walkman was gone…..

I don’t know why I’m always obsessed with this disgusting food table.

We noticed these little touches to put this area more in line with the Avengers Campus. The little boxes on the wall were all over the rest of the Avengers Campus.

I got pat Benetar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and the camera malfunctioned so I didn't get a picture. That's two for two. I couldn't get the photo from my last ride to link up to my PP account from the day with Jenny.

I was amazed at how long the line had become, it wasn’t like that when I got there. They got really creative with the queue.

It was coming on time for our reservation at Cafe Orleans, so on the way out of the park, she wanted to look through Elias & Co. She made the mistake of asking me if I wanted to look at any jewelry.

Now during the lockdown, I became very lax about my appearance. Since I never saw anyone but the Chiropractor, mailman, and gardener, well and Fran, but we don't care what each other looks like, I rarely wore jewelry and such. In preparation for our nights out, the week before this, I decided to change the earrings in my upper posts (I have four piercings in one ear and two in the other). Since I lost a few earrings in the early pandemic, I put in some earrings that screwed in instead of the traditional backing. Well they had been there so long without changing them, I actually had to use pliers to get them off and one of my ears was bleeding when I was done.

I had mentioned to Fran that she should look out on her FB posts in case she saw any good deals on Mickey shaped earrings. Now I can't wear just any earrings. They have to be gold or sterling silver. I can't wear Hypoallergenic earrings. They irritate my ears, so everything I end up with is usually expensive.

So when we asked if I wanted to look at any jewelry, it's not the stuff hanging on the spinning displays in the middle of a room. It's the stuff in the glass cases, locked up and you need someone to "help" you with it.

And fortunately (or unfortunately) I found something it liked! And these were the exact pair that I got, it was their last pair.

Fran always likes to buy me 2 pairs since I lose earrings so much. She says "one to use and one to lose", so we decided after our late lunch to check the other jewelry stores.

We were on our way to our reservation at Cafe Orleans, and before boarding Guardians I had the wherewithal to check the app and see that Jolly Holiday still had the Mickey Macaron. I ordered that and a Cinnamon Roll and chose an order window just before our Cafe Orleans reservation. We could take those home and enjoy them later. I picked them up as we passed by on our way to lunch/dinner.

[Continued in Next Post]

Last edited:
[Continued from Previous Post]

We were seated quickly at Cafe Orleans.

I ordered the Gumbo. It was really good and I split it with Fran.

We both got the Monte Cristo, and she finished hers while I took home some for her to have later.

Then we went to the hub and bought some popcorn buckets. My friend Scott in FL wanted one and they were selling for $75+ on eBay, so we picked up one for him.

Now every day that we come back to the parks it looks more and more crowded and today was no exception. The crowd towards the end of Main Street looks almost like pre pandemic.

We hadn’t taken any Photopass pictures since the parks opened so we decided to get a few today.

On our way out of DL, we stopped in the jewelry store for that second set of Mickey earrings. They were out of them too, so we decided to go back to Off the Page as the folks at Elias & Co. said that they had one pair left.

At Off the Page I found something else that struck my fancy. Maleficent head earrings. And if course those were the pair that I got because they were the last pair.

They called over to the Dress Shop who had ample stock of the earrings so they agreed to hold them while we made our way there.

On the way, we traveled through World of Disney, still in search of that elusive shirt, again to no luck. So we purchased our earrings and Marcelines was right next door. I couldn't resist the call of the Candied Apple and the Marshmallow Wand.

And our haul from the Jolly Holiday.

Here’s what I crossed off the list this time! Including what I got before the Avengers Preview

Eat:
Plaza Inn Chicken
Corn Dog/Cheese Dog

Asparagus Skewer
Cafe Orleans
Mickey Macaroon from Jolly Holiday

Mickey beignets from Mint Julep Bar
Funnel Cake
Pickle Corn Dog
Raspberry Swirl Dole Whip
Bacon Mac n Cheese from Cozy Cone
Sweet treats from candy shops
Ghirardelli sundae

Ride:
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Guardians of the Galaxy
Soarin
Indiana Jones

Incredicoaster
Little Mermaid
RotR
Falcon
Train

Snow White
TSMM
Mr. Toad
BTMRR

RSR

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you did a better job of shopping or eating! :D
It all looks good though! Those Maleficent earrings are super cute!

They're not that bad. There is a point where the scooter "bottoms out" and you have to lift it over that point. They are 3ft ramps and fit in a standard handicapped parking spot. She bought 5ft ramps, but they're too heavy to lift up, and too long to use in a parking lot. 4ft might be the "Goldilocks" but I'm OK with the ones we have.
As long as it works for you without too much trouble.
There are never enough handicapped spaces. :sad2:
I can see that. :(
It happens. Most people only care about themselves these days.
Hmm... I prefer to think that most people are kind, but some people only care about themselves, but you tend to notice those more.
Do you mean 1st one of the trip? Cause I thought you got us some on the trip with Kay. I like the option of both kinds and splitting them with Fran.
I tried to get some, but it was before fireworks and the line was about a mile long.
Nope. But they are looking to add it in Paris and Tokyo.
Huh
It's available through Boarding Groups. If you get one at 7AM you can't get a 12 noon group, if you have a Park Hopper you can try for RotR at noon. Each ride is one ride per day.
I would think that will change with time. I remember when TSMM was pretty much a one/day too. Well, you could run, grab a FP and then rope drop it. But that was it. After that, the line was prohibitive. Now... sometimes it's a walk-on.
The doctor recommended these holistic pellets that seem to be helping. She puts five of them underneath her tongue every day, and so far no debilitating cramps. Yesterday I forgot to give them to her in the morning, and she started to get some in the later afternoon, so I need to keep up on them in the morning.
Glad you found something that works!

So we’re jumping back a couple weeks from the Avengers update.
Cool! I had no idea time travel was an option!

Speaking of... I saw this cute/funny tik tok video yesterday.
A young lady is speaking to the camera:

"I keep hearing guys come up to me and say "If I was 20 years younger... Focus Harold! It's June 2001! We have to stop 9-11!"
In Mid May Fran had still not had a hot Monte Cristo sandwich served to her in the park.
This is a travesty that must be corrected!
Today she would finally have that experience!
I'd like to as well. I've made my own and it wasn't really a hit.
I wonder if they will remove these “Not Available” signs when the state reopens on June 15th?
Probably? I hear in FL they're removing all the plexi.
How many accessible seats does it have? Room for 4? Or just 2? Or 3?
x21DL0518MC07.jpg
Nice shot of you two. :)
At least I did get best in vehicle!
Wait a sec... In the above photo, Fran is on your left... the high score is on the left... Shenanigans??
Pretty
Funny... I don't remember seeing that. I must have, but it just didn't register.
I presume it goes up?
She wanted to look through Ink and Paint, while I rode Guardians.
I would too. That sounds like a cool store.
There was no one else behind me in the queue and I was able to go slowly through the front room and take pictures.
Love that. If you recall, I did something similar at TOT not long ago.
Like this shot the best. :)
I also noticed that the walkman was gone…..
How on Earth could you notice that?!?!?
Hungry? Wanna forgo that Monte Christo??
the camera malfunctioned so I didn't get a picture.
Shoot!!!

Or rather... it didn't.
I was amazed at how long the line had become, it wasn’t like that when I got there. They got really creative with the queue.
It was there. You just didn't notice and you cut in front of everyone.

:rolleyes1
she wanted to look through Elias & Co. She made the mistake of asking me if I wanted to look at any jewelry.
Uh, oh! :laughing:
(I have four piercings in one ear and two in the other).
Sorry, that's not symmetrical. You'll have to close one on one side and get another on the other side.

yes I'm kidding.
Since I lost a few earrings in the early pandemic,
The pandemic made you lose earrings??
Well they had been there so long without changing them, I actually had to use pliers to get them off and one of my ears was bleeding when I was done.
:scared:
Now I can't wear just any earrings. They have to be gold or sterling silver.
That's like my sister. Except I think she can't do silver either.
And fortunately (or unfortunately) I found something it liked! And these were the exact pair that I got, it was their last pair.
Nice.
Fran always likes to buy me 2 pairs since I lose earrings so much. She says "one to use and one to lose",
:eek: That can get pricey!
Jolly Holiday still had the Mickey Macaron. I ordered that and a Cinnamon Roll and chose an order window just before our Cafe Orleans reservation. We could take those home and enjoy them later.
I was wondering! "How are they going to eat all that... and then have Monte Christos!?!?"
mmmm... want.
I took home some for her to have later.
Yeah, I don't know if I could have gumbo plus that sammie. Lots!
Then we went to the hub and bought some popcorn buckets. My friend Scott in FL wanted one and they were selling for $75+ on eBay, so we picked up one for him.
How much are they in the park??
The crowd towards the end of Main Street looks almost like pre pandemic.
We've had this conversation. Both a good thing and a bad thing.
:laughing: Fran's shirt!!
Cute shot. :)
Maleficent head earrings.
Really like those!
I couldn't resist the call of the Candied Apple and the Marshmallow Wand.
<sigh> No. Still haven't. :sad2:
And our haul from the Jolly Holiday.
Your macaron!
Here’s what I crossed off the list this time! Including what I got before the Avengers Preview

Fun update and I love the earrings! Happy Fran got her fresh Monte Cristo!!!

Trying again for WS BG in a few minutes. Wish me luck. :lmao:

I don't think I ever went to the parks (and was let to run around alone) so that I had to meet up with anyone. I do remember that my ex-hubby's parents had a tradition of 5PM cocktails at the Disneyland Hotel in the site where Trader Sam's now sits. So we knew to meet them there and they would buy us drinks. Other than that when I went with my parents, they didn't let me out of their sight. After that I was an adult and went with one or two friends.

I doubt very seriously I would do that now with kids. Crazy abounds. It was safer then, and I'm sure my parents welcomed a break from my twin sisters who were 2 doses of hell on wheels. But.... 5PM cocktails, you say? I like that tradition.

Maybe you can try it WITH me.

Now you're talking! I'm certain there'd be no small amount of giggling.

I might try that one next time.

If you do, ask what the proportions are, might get the stuff to make that at home for Saturday evening cocktail hour.

It's a pandemic thing. Bars themselves are not allowed to be open, or they just did recently. So people had to have some kind of food that was served to be considered a restaurant. Back last year, Gov. Newsom declared that "Chicken Wings were not a meal." And I was like :confused3 I often have chicken wings for a meal. It's a great low carb thing, and the celery is your veggie!

Silly. Too many things that made absolutely no sense. Covid doesn't discern whether there is food in a place or not. :sad2:

They do that with the Dark and Stormy in Trader Sam's Grog Grotto.

One I've never gotten. Should though.

It's based off one of the sketches in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" where the guy is so stuffed and asks the waiter to "Bring me a bucket." He subsequently explodes, and I got so grossed out I had to run out of the theater to keep from hurling. Every time I've watched the movie since then, I forward through that sketch or go to the potty.

Ohhh, I'm not even sure if I've seen that one or not. I don't think l have. Nevertheless it sounds like the Alien part where it explodes out of the chest. I walked out at that point. So gross.

That would be good too! Have you heard of this one?

WAIT!! Slow down!!!! WHAT IS THIS?! Is that a pickle? I need that!!

Yeah, it is proving to be quite difficult to get the 7AM Boarding Group. We will see how the 12PM situation works when we go next week.

I may try for the 1:00PM next trip and skip the whole getting up early part, since I want to see some PM stuff in the park if it's back by the time I go.

Well, it is an optical illusion, so you won't get vertigo while you're there......

It looks so real! LOL! I mean, I know it's not, but :faint:
It was yummy! I hope to get another one of these and split it with Jenny when we go back next week!

You 2 have fun!! Wish I could join you!

Last edited:

We didn't get as early a start as I wanted.

This seems to be a theme. ;)
I’m sad that the Corn Dog Palace isn’t open, but glad that at least the same menu is being served at Award Wieners.

I like the location of this one so much better. Hope it opens soon!!

Me too!!! It's just unique; same with the little room of "stuff" at Ronto's.
Since I lost a few earrings in the early pandemic, I put in some earrings that screwed in instead of the traditional backing. Well they had been there so long without changing them, I actually had to use pliers to get them off and one of my ears was bleeding when I was done.

Been there, done that. It's awful!
We were on our way to our reservation at Cafe Orleans, and before boarding Guardians I had the wherewithal to check the app and see that Jolly Holiday still had the Mickey Macaron. I ordered that and a Cinnamon Roll and chose an order window just before our Cafe Orleans reservation. We could take those home and enjoy them later. I picked them up as we passed by on our way to lunch/dinner.

Good planning!!

Everything looks great except for the unripe strawberry.

$75? I saw one for $45 just now. I think he could do better. I just sold my Porg Tiki for $50. I think I bought it for $35. I'm bringing and extra bag with me next trip to get a mug or two for selling. Unless I love it and then I might have to keep it. At the least I need to replace my green glass tiki from Jock's as it cracked.

I like the top pair a lot, and have the bottom pair but sadly one of the posts broke off one of them. :( I asked a jeweler if he could fix it and the answer was no. But there is another one in town that I would like to ask. If it can't be fixed I am going to have them made into a necklace of some sort. Maybe caged or something. ?

In Mid May Fran had still not had a hot Monte Cristo sandwich served to her in the park.

This is something up with which I will not put!

I sure hope so.

We are out of practice and need to go back. At least I did get best in vehicle!

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

What? Did somebody steal it?

So many jokes here...biting my tongue...

Well they had been there so long without changing them, I actually had to use pliers to get them off and one of my ears was bleeding when I was done.

Whoa! I'm not an expert on earrings, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Nice!

We both got the Monte Cristo, and she finished hers while I took home some for her to have later.

Mmmm...all is right with the world.

Now every day that we come back to the parks it looks more and more crowded and today was no exception. The crowd towards the end of Main Street looks almost like pre pandemic.

Yeah, quite the difference from the previous photos.

Nice work! Looks like a lot more progress.

In Mid May Fran had still not had a hot Monte Cristo sandwich served to her in the park. I brought her home some of my leftovers, but that’s not the same.

I'm glad she was going to get one!

This picture makes me so happy...hello Incredicoaster, Fun wheel, blue sky

Now I'm wondering too, as it's the 16th...

I know the side area from when I had my post surgery ankle and was wheel-chairing around...if I ever have to do Disney post surgery again, will def be a scooter.

Do you ever ride it?

while I rode Guardians.

I was going to ask what song, however I know now...

Whaaattt???

Wow I don't even remember it!

I got pat Benetar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and the camera malfunctioned so I didn't get a picture. That's two for two. I couldn't get the photo from my last ride to link up to my PP account from the day with Jenny.

Yay as I like this song, boo for no picture

She made the mistake of asking me if I wanted to look at any jewelry.

Oh boy!

I actually had to use pliers to get them off and one of my ears was bleeding when I was done.

Whoa!!

My immediate thought...Last pair! Oh no! You need a pair to lose!
Yay for finding it. I had some in red, the birthstone ones they carry, I should wear them one of these days.
I have a pair of full hook dangly Donald earrings from DL from when I was a kid still...

Yum, perfect little appy!

The orange sauce was from the chips right? I'm having a moment...

Hehe Fran's shirt!

Ok that's a lot of awesome in one picture!

Hmm... I prefer to think that most people are kind, but some people only care about themselves, but you tend to notice those more.

Jenny and I were talking about this yesterday and she too sees that everyone (at least around us) is becoming "me me me".

I tried to get some, but it was before fireworks and the line was about a mile long.

Yes that happens.

I would think that will change with time. I remember when TSMM was pretty much a one/day too. Well, you could run, grab a FP and then rope drop it. But that was it. After that, the line was prohibitive. Now... sometimes it's a walk-on.

As long as there are boarding groups, they can lock you out after your first ride. We will have to see if they eventually drop the Boarding groups.

Glad you found something that works!

🤞 We'll just have to see!

Cool! I had no idea time travel was an option!

On the DISboards almost anything can happen (except religion and politics).

Speaking of... I saw this cute/funny tik tok video yesterday.
A young lady is speaking to the camera:

"I keep hearing guys come up to me and say "If I was 20 years younger... Focus Harold! It's June 2001! We have to stop 9-11!"

:laughing:

This is a travesty that must be corrected!

::yes::

I'd like to as well. I've made my own and it wasn't really a hit.

I've made a pretty good one, many years ago, but it was very messy in the kitchen.

Probably? I hear in FL they're removing all the plexi.

Yup, most of it is gone in Cali too. Still at some registers and other high traffic cast interaction locations. But it's gone on all the rides and they are loading at full capacity.

How many accessible seats does it have? Room for 4? Or just 2? Or 3?

Well each vehicle has two cars. The front one where we were sitting has room for two in front. The back side can be converted for a manual wheelchair. But otherwise is not used. The back car seats four, two on each side.

What makes it also accessible is that the spot where Fran is sitting has a button on the shooter in addition to a pull string. I've used it and the button is not as fast as the pull string.

Nice shot of you two. :)

Thanks!

Wait a sec... In the above photo, Fran is on your left... the high score is on the left... Shenanigans??

When you take a selfie on my phone it's a mirror image so flip it around and I'm actually the one on the left!

When I filmed my videos for the virtual band concert, the time on the microwave is backwards.

Funny... I don't remember seeing that. I must have, but it just didn't register.
I presume it goes up?

It goes up and spins. Based on the laws of physics the ride vehicles spin out and upwards the faster it spins. I've never been on it. I should change that when it reopens.

I would too. That sounds like a cool store.

It has neat stuff, art, jewelry, and books and stuff.

Love that. If you recall, I did something similar at TOT not long ago.

I haven't been through the lobby in quite a few years. With the scooters they take us on the back way.

How on Earth could you notice that?!?!?

At the end of the preshow Rocket takes the Walkman as everyone is walking out the back door. He says something like "Oh, and I can't forget this." You see his little racoon hand reach down into the case and pick it up"

Then he gives it back to Starlord during the ride.

Hungry? Wanna forgo that Monte Christo??

🤢🤮🤢

Shoot!!!

Or rather... it didn't.

At least I finally got one! Later....

It was there. You just didn't notice and you cut in front of everyone.

Technically it's not cutting...

Sorry, that's not symmetrical. You'll have to close one on one side and get another on the other side.

yes I'm kidding.

Yeah, I did it as an angry teenager. Everytime my mom did something or punished me, I'd go in the bathroom with a needle and a thimble and put another hole in my ear. After the one side got full I started on the other. I guess I stopped being angry before I hit symmetry!

The pandemic made you lose earrings??

I think one fell out while I was in the shower, and another I was on the table at the Chiropractor when the massage therapist noticed that I had a missing one too. I put in earrings from the "B" selection since I wouldn't be seeing anyone but the Chiropractor, mailman, and gardener.

That's like my sister. Except I think she can't do silver either.

If I couldn't do silver that would get really expensive!

:eek: That can get pricey!

Yes it can...but I don't often find things I really like anymore. Ive gotten much pickier!

I was wondering! "How are they going to eat all that... and then have Monte Christos!?!?"

We are keen on what we can take home with us. Next trip we need some Togo snacks!

Yeah, I don't know if I could have gumbo plus that sammie. Lots!

It's good when you can split. When it was four pieces, I usually only ate one and we took one and a half home.

How much are they in the park??

They were $24.

We've had this conversation. Both a good thing and a bad thing.

It's nice having Avengers Campus open. No one is at DL right now.

:laughing: Fran's shirt!!

:thumbsup2 Yes that is a recurring theme with her.

Cute shot. :)

Thanks. The photographer told us we would be getting a shot with Minnie Mouse. :rolleyes1

Really like those!

Thanks! I was wearing them as a pair in my 2nd positions, then I switched to Mickeys in the 2nd position and put one Maleficent in the third on my right ear.

<sigh> No. Still haven't. :sad2:

You really need to get on that!

Your macaron!

So yummy! I think I'll get another on Monday.

Jenny and I were talking about this yesterday and she too sees that everyone (at least around us) is becoming "me me me".
Who, me?

:rolleyes:
As long as there are boarding groups, they can lock you out after your first ride. We will have to see if they eventually drop the Boarding groups.
There was an article on the DIS about that just the other day.
Is the Last-Minute Disappointment of Attractions with Virtual Queues Becoming the Way of the Future? (wdwinfo.com)
On the DISboards almost anything can happen (except religion and politics).

Oh, Lord, that's true. Maybe we can elect someone to look into that?

whoops!
Yup, most of it is gone in Cali too. Still at some registers and other high traffic cast interaction locations. But it's gone on all the rides and they are loading at full capacity.
:thumbsup2
When you take a selfie on my phone it's a mirror image so flip it around and I'm actually the one on the left!
Huh!
I tried it with my phone before commenting and I could've sworn it didn't do that.
So just now I took a regular photo and a "selfie" photo of the microwave clock:

regular photo:
063A6CE2-586F-438F-8738-FA6ABA915784.jpeg

"selfie" photo:
BDC61E85-24D4-4F03-BCE8-284882B5E668.jpeg

Weird that mine doesn't do that and yours does!
When I filmed my videos for the virtual band concert, the time on the microwave is backwards.
See above.
It goes up and spins. Based on the laws of physics the ride vehicles spin out and upwards the faster it spins. I've never been on it. I should change that when it reopens.
To be complete, you should. :)
I haven't been through the lobby in quite a few years. With the scooters they take us on the back way.
You're missing out IMHO. It's one of the best things about the ride.
At the end of the preshow Rocket takes the Walkman as everyone is walking out the back door. He says something like "Oh, and I can't forget this." You see his little racoon hand reach down into the case and pick it up"

Then he gives it back to Starlord during the ride.
Ohhhh...
Technically it's not cutting...
Yeah, I did it as an angry teenager. Everytime my mom did something or punished me, I'd go in the bathroom with a needle and a thimble and put another hole in my ear. After the one side got full I started on the other. I guess I stopped being angry before I hit symmetry!
:eek:
It's good when you can split.
They were $24.
Not a bad markup, then.
:thumbsup2 Yes that is a recurring theme with her.
You really need to get on that!
:headache: I know!!

I doubt very seriously I would do that now with kids. Crazy abounds. It was safer then, and I'm sure my parents welcomed a break from my twin sisters who were 2 doses of hell on wheels. But.... 5PM cocktails, you say? I like that tradition.

Well 5PM or depending on when we get there. In my upcoming updates, you'll find a few "gaps" or just the day ends somewhat abruptly. You can fill in the rest with information you know that I may not want to be putting out there.... :laughing: And it definitely involves cocktails!

Now you're talking! I'm certain there'd be no small amount of giggling.

Now we would have to find four other people to do it with since they are loading to full capacity now.

If you do, ask what the proportions are, might get the stuff to make that at home for Saturday evening cocktail hour.

Found this online...but it doesn't sound exactly the same. Maybe I'll get it on Monday....

The Penthouse

1 1⁄2 oz Gin, Tanqueray Rangpur
1 1⁄2 oz Vodka, Reyka
1⁄4 oz Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain
1⁄2 oz Lemon juice
1 twst Lemon peel
Instructions
Shake w/ ice, strain, serve up

Silly. Too many things that made absolutely no sense. Covid doesn't discern whether there is food in a place or not. :sad2:

I think their rationale was that if you are gathering in a place solely for the purpose of drinking, you're more likely to exhibit risky behavior. Then again people were going to engage in risky behavior regardless, so all it did was make the bars lose money.

One I've never gotten. Should though.

It's my favorite there now! And I upgrade to a Category 5 where they use either 151 or an extra shot of Premium Rum.

Ohhh, I'm not even sure if I've seen that one or not. I don't think l have. Nevertheless it sounds like the Alien part where it explodes out of the chest. I walked out at that point. So gross.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I never saw that movie.

WAIT!! Slow down!!!! WHAT IS THIS?! Is that a pickle? I need that!!

It's at a stand in DTD, it will probably be one of the later things off my list that I try, still got a lot of food to go. Working my way on the rides though.

I may try for the 1:00PM next trip and skip the whole getting up early part, since I want to see some PM stuff in the park if it's back by the time I go.

It's at noon here, but you have to be scanned into the park to get that one.

It looks so real! LOL! I mean, I know it's not, but :faint:

When you see it in person, it's obvious that it's not, but it's fun!

You 2 have fun!! Wish I could join you!

The three of us had a great time and eventually you will be hearing about it.

This seems to be a theme. ;)

Story of our lives. :sad2:

I like the location of this one so much better. Hope it opens soon!!

Me too!

Me too!!! It's just unique; same with the little room of "stuff" at Ronto's.

I'll have to look next time we are over there. I never noticed it.

Been there, done that. It's awful!

Yeah, I'm going to be sure to change them more often now.

Good planning!!

Everything looks great except for the unripe strawberry.

Yeah, but we ate it anyways.

$75? I saw one for $45 just now. I think he could do better. I just sold my Porg Tiki for $50. I think I bought it for $35. I'm bringing and extra bag with me next trip to get a mug or two for selling. Unless I love it and then I might have to keep it. At the least I need to replace my green glass tiki from Jock's as it cracked.

They seem to have gone down in price, wait until people are desperate and there are hardly any left on the market.

I like the top pair a lot, and have the bottom pair but sadly one of the posts broke off one of them. :( I asked a jeweler if he could fix it and the answer was no. But there is another one in town that I would like to ask. If it can't be fixed I am going to have them made into a necklace of some sort. Maybe caged or something. ?

I thought about the bottom pair, but I so rarely wear pearls, it just didn't make sense to me.

This is something up with which I will not put!

I sure hope so.

And yes they did.

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

What? Did somebody steal it?

Rocket had it so he could give it back to Starlord in one of the scenes on the ride.

So many jokes here...biting my tongue...

Now you have me curious!

Whoa! I'm not an expert on earrings, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

You are correct!

Mmmm...all is right with the world.

::yes::

Yeah, quite the difference from the previous photos.

:sad2:

Nice work! Looks like a lot more progress.

Thanks! I still have a ways to go!

Well 5PM or depending on when we get there. In my upcoming updates, you'll find a few "gaps" or just the day ends somewhat abruptly. You can fill in the rest with information you know that I may not want to be putting out there.... :laughing: And it definitely involves cocktails!

I can fill in the lines. ;) I can feel the stress melting off my old and tired body.

Now we would have to find four other people to do it with since they are loading to full capacity now.

I'm game for that. Now to figure out something easy and cheap to bribe some strangers with....

Found this online...but it doesn't sound exactly the same. Maybe I'll get it on Monday....

The Penthouse

1 1⁄2 oz Gin, Tanqueray Rangpur
1 1⁄2 oz Vodka, Reyka
1⁄4 oz Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain
1⁄2 oz Lemon juice
1 twst Lemon peel
Instructions
Shake w/ ice, strain, serve up

That looks super strong... I might need a bit more mixer.

I think their rationale was that if you are gathering in a place solely for the purpose of drinking, you're more likely to exhibit risky behavior. Then again people were going to engage in risky behavior regardless, so all it did was make the bars lose money.

Correct.

It's my favorite there now! And I upgrade to a Category 5 where they use either 151 or an extra shot of Premium Rum.
Sounds just lovely!! And dangerous.

It's at a stand in DTD, it will probably be one of the later things off my list that I try, still got a lot of food to go. Working my way on the rides though.

You are on fire and making GREAT progress!

When you see it in person, it's obvious that it's not, but it's fun!

On my list!

The three of us had a great time and eventually you will be hearing about it.

Looking forward to that. :)

They seem to have gone down in price, wait until people are desperate and there are hardly any left on the market.

Good strategy for sure. The guy I sold it to was very nice. His brother can't get vaxxed d/t anaphylactic reactions to eggs so can't go out. The Porg was his birthday gift and I was happy to help him celebrate with it. The brother who bought it/picked it up is his caregiver (sounds like other issues too) was ecstatic he not only found one for the price I let it go for, but that he could pick it up right here in town. :)

I thought about the bottom pair, but I so rarely wear pearls, it just didn't make sense to me.

Which..... makes sense.

I'm glad she was going to get one!

Me too!

This picture makes me so happy...hello Incredicoaster, Fun wheel, blue sky

I was just happy seeing the pier!

Now I'm wondering too, as it's the 16th...

Well on the 17th, it seemed that they were all gone.

I know the side area from when I had my post surgery ankle and was wheel-chairing around...if I ever have to do Disney post surgery again, will def be a scooter.

Yeah, the few times I have done it with my scooter, we go up and down the elevator and then go out the single rider line.

Do you ever ride it?

I have actually never been on it. I will change that once it opens again!

I was going to ask what song, however I know now...

Yup. Pat Benetar.

Whaaattt???

Well when the preshow was running, Rocket would take it just as everyone walked out of the room so that he could give it back to Starlord before the ride was over.

Wow I don't even remember it!

Huh. I always looked at it when we were in the queue.

Yay as I like this song, boo for no picture

Yeah, I'm sad that they didn't get a picture of us. The camera didn't even go off!

My immediate thought...Last pair! Oh no! You need a pair to lose!

You know us too well!

Yay for finding it. I had some in red, the birthstone ones they carry, I should wear them one of these days.
I have a pair of full hook dangly Donald earrings from DL from when I was a kid still...

I get why you wouldn't wear them so much. I do because right now I'm in Disney at least every week so I feel justified!

Yum, perfect little appy!

Totally!

The orange sauce was from the chips right? I'm having a moment...

Well yes, for the chips, but we call them fries! 😁 Just had to give you that one back when you mentioned "dressing" the other day! 🙂

Hehe Fran's shirt!

You're the second one to comment, she wore it to see who would!

Ok that's a lot of awesome in one picture!

Yes it is! We need to bring home some more awesomeness on Monday we have not brought any since that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!