For the First Time in 3 Years - Aug 2022 WDW Trip *Update 7/5*

rubyeskimo

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I've loved reading everyone's trip reports over the years and so I thought it was time I actually started posting my own. So here we are!

A little introduction to who we are: there's me (Ruby) and my husband Mr Eskimo (which isn't his real name). We're both in our 30's and live and work in the South East of the UK, not that far from London.

Picture of Sorcerer Mickey and a very jetlagged Ruby

Yes, that's me with probably my favourite Mickey - on the day we got up at 4am to get to HS for Galaxy's Edge 😆

When it comes to Disney
  • I like: Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, Baymax, Grogu, Expedition Everest, that sense of magical wonder and being a kid again, Lapu Lapu's, Mickey shaped food, Splash Mountain, The Dapper Dans and Dress Shop Dresses
  • Mr Eskimo likes: The Three Cabelleros (esp. Jose), Gaston's Cinnamon Rolls, hot tubs, a Casey's hot dog Big Thunder Mountain, 'Ohana Bread Pudding, The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and boat transportation
We've collectively been to various Disney resorts 10 times, with Mr Eskimo visiting WDW4 times as a child, and then we've gone to WDW 3 times, DLP twice and Tokyo Disney Resort once. My first visit to a Disney park was WDW as part of our honeymoon and I've been hooked ever since.

So what are our plans you may ask? Well the last time we were in a Disney park was 2019, where we were lucky enough to visit Tokyo DR and WDW in the same year. So 3 years is a long time to have waited for the next fix and we decided to push the boat out a little when it comes to the accommodation...
  • Dates: 29th August - 8th September 2022
  • Accommodation: Beach Club Resort
And that's about it so far. We have our park passes in place but I'll put those in a different post and it's a bit too far out to book dining but we have a wish list in place. I should also say that we usually travel at the end of October / start of November to WDW to coincide with our wedding anniversary / Halloween / Food and Wine / nice but not too hot weather / less crowds so this time it's going to be a little different. I'm already trying to psyche myself up for it being a little warmer than we're used to, although saying that the first year we went it was unseasonably warm (90 - 95F / 30 - 35C) and I was wearing jeans 😳

Look forward to sharing our plans with you as they start coming together!

Last edited:
Things have been a bit busy around here but thought I'd update on out park pass reservations, which we did aaaggggesss ago.

29th August: On our arrival day we of course have booked Epcot as it's going to be *right there* Plan is to just go and wander round the world showcase and grab some dinner; either from Regal Eagle which we haven't tried, or somewhere in the Food and Wine festival booths depending on how hungry we are. Not putting too much pressure on as we won't get to the resort till about 6pm so after a shower and quick change, we'll just be about ready for food and bed!

30th August: Has to be Magic Kingdom for the first "proper" day 😍 Again, just easing ourselves in and enjoying be back in the magic.

31st August: Wednesday will be Hollywood Studios and the jet lag will probably hit about then so we will be up early enough to take a walk to HS and try and get in line for Rise of the Resistance. On our last trip, Galaxy's Edge had only been open a couple of months so they still had the 5am park opening which came in handy when we woke up at 4am anyway! Hopefully won't be that bad this time but really want to try and get on ROTR without having to pay for it if we can.

1st September: It's time for the first full Epcot day. Will probably consist of grabbing breakfast at Les Halles (it's Mr Eskimo's favourite place to eat in Epcot I think), a trip to see Mexican Donald and his Cabelleros friends and maaayyybbeee trying to get on Guardian's; we'll play that by ear with what the process is like.

2nd September: Now it's time for Animal Kingdom where we'll definitely be on the Safari , say hello to Disco Yeti, probably trying to run to Flight of Passage like everyone else and eating our bodyweight in pulled pork mac and cheese 😋

3rd September: It's back to Magic Kingdom for some more magic and trying to do all the things we didn't get to do on our first time around here. However this is going to be a Saturday and we know it's going to be busy so we're up for changing our reservation for this day or making it a split day and either heading to Typhoon Lagoon or back to the hotel for a relaxing pool afternoon.

4th September: Back to Epcot again, and this may either be a more Food and Wine day or again trying to get on Guardians.

5th September: Second time at Hollywood Studios about now and hoping we can get to see our pal Slinky and enjoy rocking out to some Aerosmith

6th September: Final trek over to Animal Kingdom to enjoy the wildlife and see the wonder that appears to be Kite Tails!

7th September: This is the last full day and we always go to the classic Magic Kingdom for pretty much park open to close, with a trip out to one of the hotels around the lagoon for dinner before hopping back to see the fireworks one last time.

8th September: Boohoo, this is the day the Tragical Depressed would be picking us up in old times. Again, we're going to hop over the Magic Kingdom for one final hurrah before heading back to the Beach Club for a final dip in the pool before our transfer at about 3pm.

So that's the rough plan. I've mentioned very limited park hopping, but we're open to being flexible and hopping about where we can. Also on our planned Epcot and HS days, we're planning on them really being more like half days with some time in the pool before heading out to dinner at either Disney Springs or one of the signature dining experiences we want to do again.

We're also open to attending a Halloween party but only if it makes sense to us (i.e. the cost is worth the benefits). We've done Not So Scary on actual Halloween twice now and love the atmosphere but can't justify paying the same amount of money for something that doesn't deliver as much reward.

Hi Ruby :) Your plans look lovely so far!! We too will be making the BC (well Villa side) our hotel home in Sept 2022~ (9/22-10/1)

Just wanted to let you know we have done two trips in August and while it is hot (like very hot lol).... we love it and find air conditioning and cool drinks. make everything just fine!

Do you have your restaurant desires pretty well established?

Every day you have seems to be great as far as park/day combos. Are you doing Genie + or picking days once you get there?

On your Epcot/HS days will you park hop to either park those days? We are thinking of doing this just because of the park proximity to the hotel.

Looking at others plans certainly helps me with my plans! I cannot seem to figure out which park which days :)....

Hi Ruby :) Your plans look lovely so far!! We too will be making the BC (well Villa side) our hotel home in Sept 2022~ (9/22-10/1)

Just wanted to let you know we have done two trips in August and while it is hot (like very hot lol).... we love it and find air conditioning and cool drinks. make everything just fine!

Do you have your restaurant desires pretty well established?

Every day you have seems to be great as far as park/day combos. Are you doing Genie + or picking days once you get there?

On your Epcot/HS days will you park hop to either park those days? We are thinking of doing this just because of the park proximity to the hotel.

Looking at others plans certainly helps me with my plans! I cannot seem to figure out which park which days :)....
Thank you for the compliments @tigerlilly and the heads up re: the August temperatures. I think I just worry because we're from the UK and not really used to anything above 15 degrees centigrade 😆 Plus Mr Eskimo is epileptic and is prone to getting heat exhaustion / heat stroke and doesn't like using the cooling towels and fans we have even though they really help him 🙄😏 Just me being over anxious I guess, I'm sure it will be fine.

Restaurants / food is coming in the next post 👍 At the moment we're not going to do Genie + but have agreed that we'll play it by ear. We don't mind queuing but if everything is really busy then we may be tempted to try and get Genie + for later on in the trip. We may park hop between HS and Epcot but we're also thinking we may do one in the morning and then go back to enjoy the pool and then go to the other one in the evening.

Good luck with working out how to use your days - I miss the old days of tracking crowd calendars!

It's now 124 days till we're on that plane, so it makes it 64 days till we can make our dining reservations 🤔 We're used to the Disney Dining Plan but obviously that's gone away at the moment. Thankfully we managed to book when there was the UK offer for dining credit so we have a voucher for $680 coming our way which will be very much appreciated! We prefer to do table service meals in the evening and maybe just a couple of snacks during the day or a QS breakfast and that will keep us going.

Our current list of reservations we want to make are:

• Homecomin': I keep tracking this on MDE and it seems like the reservations are going super quick at the moment so this is going to be the first one we try and make. Mr Eskimo loves the fried chicken and shine cake here, especially followed by a drink in Jock Lindsey's so this is a dinner reservation for sure.
  • California Grill: This is a favourite for us as the food and service is always amazing. Luckily the prix fixe menu has things on there that Mr Eskimo will eat (think the Duck flatbread starter is particularly appealing to him!) and can't wait to have a fancy evening together.
  • 'Ohana: Going here on our last night has become a bit of a tradition before quickly running over to MK for the fireworks and again the food is a favourite for Mr Eskimo, so much so that I recreated it for his birthday in 2020 and it went down amazingly well.
  • Steakhouse 71: We tried The Wave for the first time on our last trip (thanks to Pete's raving about the Bacon and Eggs) and have big hopes for Steakhouse 71 too. Not too bothered about it being a lunch or dinner reservation, we'll just have to see what's available.
  • Via Napoli: Yet another request by Mr Eskimo. He loves pizza (his pizza Mickey Uniqlo t-shirt has pride of place in his wardrobe) and each time we've been it's been good. Also as we're so close to Epcot, this could be an easy one to sneak in on any day really.
  • Sannaa: This is a maybe. We've been before and enjoyed it as a lovely end to a AK day but is not an absolute must do for us.
  • Garden Grill: Now this is a big fat maybe - we only really want to do it at breakfast (mainly because Mr Eskimo want's the cinnamon roll skillet thing) but obviously it isn't open for breakfast again yet. We're hoping that with the return of the CRP starting to phase in before we go, this will free up more serving staff to go back to Garden Grill. Wishful thinking probably but we'll wait and see. If we can't get this then we'll probably go for Tusker House as our character breakfast of choice (plus the unlimited jungle juice gets a thumbs up from Mr Eskimo)
  • Trattoria al Forno: Probably the only other breakfast reservation we'll make. Again, have been before and loved the food and characters and service, plus it's walking distance from the hotel so can get an early reservation and still be in the parks early too.
And that's pretty much it for ADRs I think. You may see a pattern here, that we're basically going to all the places that Mr Eskimo loves but that's because he's a bit fussy when it comes to food (doesn't like mushrooms, tomatoes, sweetcorn, anything too green, fish, anything with too much sauce...) so sometimes it can be a bit difficult to track down things that he likes and he doesn't like making substitutions too often as he feels it gets annoying for the staff (he was a waiter in a past life).

We do have some alternatives that we can sub in if we can't get what we want like Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona Cafe that we've tried before. I'm also interested in possibly Ale and Compass or Beaches and Cream as we're staying right next to them (don't ask me about Yachtsman Steakhouse, we had a really bad experience there in 2017 and I'm never going back again) and would love to try Le Cellier but we already have one signature dining experience planned and don't want to spend all our money on food!

There are so many QS and snack places on the list too but I'll save those for when we're planning out the days and what our options could be.

Well there's been a lot of news released over the past couple of days! In relation to this trip, the exciting news is the return of Mickey's Not So Scary 🥳 There are three dates happening when we're there so we need to decide which date we're going to try and get tickets for. We've been twice before and both times dressed up:

2017 - Bianca and Bernard 😍

Halloween 2017.jpg

2019 - Anita and Roger

halloween 2019.jpg

So might have to get the thinking hat on for another couples costume we can do 🤔

Still haven't decided on a date for the Halloween party; we have a choice of 2 during our trip and need to try and get DH on board with making a decision this evening as we can purchase our tickets tomorrow.

But we did book our first Disney Cruise this week 😁 We're going on the 7nt Norwegian Fjords next August and we're both VERY excited. But right now, back to this year and WDW planning!

Day 0 & Day 1 - Pre-Travel and Travel Day

We're lucky enough to live in the South East of the UK so have access to a lot of airports. Our closest is Gatwick but when we booked Virgin Atlantic had withdrawn all of their flights from there, so it's Heathrow for us. I've only flown out of Heathrow once before and that was for a trip to South Korea a few years ago. It's a bit of a pain for us to get to and from so we've booked a hotel for the night before, just like we did with SK. In fact, I think it's the same hotel 😆. Still have to work out how we're getting to the hotel but we'll get an uber from the hotel to the airport on travel day.

We've also booked a lounge in the airport to relax in before the flight because I get a little stressed when it comes to travel; Mr Eskimo calls it my FOMF (Fear of Missing Flight) and being around lots of people in uncomfortable chairs doesn't help. This way we get access to Premium Security and I can have a glass of something bubbly to celebrate the holiday before we board.

Mr Eskimo is also rather tall (6ft 3 at last count) so we've already paid to select our seats on the plane to make sure he has the extra leg room he needs. This time we're by the emergency exit, so essentially a bulkhead seat but with a bit more room. We had the same the last time we flew and it wasn't too bad with people walking around the space in front of us although I did have to keep moving my inflight entertainment screen as a little girl kept peering over and I was watching the HBO Chernobyl series (the bit where the miners are working underground...IYKYK).

Due to my anxious nature, I've already started collating stuff to take with us in a box on our spare bed, and have a packing list all good to go. I like to pack most of my stuff 2-3 days before hand whereas Mr Eskimo is a "lets just chuck all the clean stuff in the suitcase the morning of" kind of person. Once he even packed still damp washing because he left it so late 🤢

We're very sad about the demise of the Magical Express so we've opted to go with Virgin's transfer service, which I know is probably Mears Connect, but it was a bit cheaper to have it as part of our package rather than booking directly with Mears themselves.

We probably won't get to the Beach Club till about 7pm and they haven't released the opening times for August yet, but if Epcot is open till 9pm then we'll head in to get something to eat there from the Food and Wine festival, or Les Halles as it's DH's fave QS in the park; don't worry I have a park pass reservation already sorted. Last time we went and were staying at the Contemporary we ended up going to MK straight after dropping our bags (and having a quick shower and change of clothes) and just rode Splash Mountain a couple of times as it had been closed in 2017 when we went. Was a lovely cheeky way to start the trip so hoping for some similar magic this time around with Epcot.

Yay! So exciting, and I am along for the ride. My fiance and I are planning a trip for February of 2023 and it is too soon to book. I am going crazy. I am so ready to start my PTR, but I think it is a bit early
I like: Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, Baymax, Grogu, Expedition Everest, that sense of magical wonder and being a kid again, Lapu Lapu's, Mickey shaped food, Splash Mountain, The Dapper Dans and Dress Shop Dresses
Mickey shaped food always tastes better!
t: On our arrival day we of course have booked Epcot
Y'all are so brave to do a part on arrival day! I always want to explore the resort and the pool on travel days because I am so tired.
Via Napoli:
My dad is from New York, and he LOVED the pizza. If it has his approval, that means something when it comes to pizza.

Yay! So exciting, and I am along for the ride. My fiance and I are planning a trip for February of 2023 and it is too soon to book. I am going crazy. I am so ready to start my PTR, but I think it is a bit early

Mickey shaped food always tastes better!

Y'all are so brave to do a part on arrival day! I always want to explore the resort and the pool on travel days because I am so tired.

My dad is from New York, and he LOVED the pizza. If it has his approval, that means something when it comes to pizza.

Thanks for the reply @KailaH. I think the booking window for 2023 is open now so good luck with your booking! I think you can book about 500 days out which we take advantage of all the time to get a good deal 👍 As for the park on arrival day - we did it with Contemporary and MK in 2019 and it was literally a wander over, a ride on Splash (which was closed when we went in 2017 and in Tokyo when we went), a hot dog at Caseys and then back to the hotel for some sleep. Pretty much doing the same this time with Epcot but just to get some food I think and take in the atmosphere, then back for some much needed sleep!

Apologies for the radio silence over here - it's been a bit of a crazy time recently but we're now at 59 days to go! SO MUCH TO UPDATE so here we go with the plans for Day 2:

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

First proper day always has to be MK. It's a classic and I'm sure I'll cry when I see the castle for the first time as it's the iconic "now we're here" moment for me. Will probably be up rather early due to the dreaded jet lag but that's ok. Not sure if I said this already but we're not planning on getting Genie + and will only buy lightening lanes for a few key rides if we need them. We don't mind waiting in lines and have already decided it's going to be a different and more relaxed kind of trip; I say that now but we'll probably find ourselves caught up in the adrenaline and this going completely out of the window.

So after hopping on the bus to MK, we're going to probably grab breakfast from Gaston's Tavern - DH loves a cinnamon roll 😁 Big Thunder is his favourite ride so will probably try and head their first, although I think Frontierland doesn't open till the park officially opens so might have to make a break for something else to take advantage of the extra 30 minutes. We'll definitely do Splash and Buzz Lightyear and of course the Carousel of Progress and the TTA, and try to meet Mickey and Minnie in Townsquare Theatre. We're planning on being there all day so no real rush really. If we're feeling hungry then a Dole Whip will be procured and maybe some cheeseburger spring rolls as a lunch time snack.

Once the park closes at 6pm for MNSSHP, we're going to head on over to Wilderness Lodge for a drink at Geyser Point and chill out for a couple of hours before we get the boat over to the Contemporary for dinner at Steakhouse 71. Bacon and Eggs WILL be consumed (we share 1 portion), and I have my eye on the fillet and possibly the chocolate cake. Not being on the dining plan will be a better option for me as I've realised I just can't eat Disney sized meals all the time 🤣 so not having to have 2 courses to make it feel worth it will mean less time spent feeling like I'm completely stuffed!

After that it's a bus back to the Beach Club and a good night's sleep (hopefully!)

What's this? More updates?

Day 3 - Hollywood Studios (mostly)

We're going to start the day off nice and early with a walk across the lake to the Boardwalk for a breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Hoping that the characters come back by the time we go, but if not, I'll still be happy because the food is great.

After either pancakes or eggs (I can never decide), its more of a walk to help breakfast digest as we head over to Hollywood Studios. We haven't done ROTR or Runaway Railway (couldn't work out what the acronym would be for that!) so those are the priorities, alongside RnR and possibly Tower of Terror if we have time.

At 2.30 we're heading deep into Batu for a stop at Oga's Cantina . This wasn't on the original plan; I thought it was a 1 and done but Mr Eskimo wanted to see DJ R3X again so a reservation was secured. After this we're planning on heading back to the resort to enjoy some pool time as we want to take advantage of the amazing looking Storm Along Bay, plus Mr Eskimo loves a hot tub dip so I guess that's where he will be while I'm floating in the lazy river.

After a shower and change, we're going to head on over to Magic Kingdom as there's extra magic hours for the Deluxe guests this evening so we're going to want to try and take advantage of that. Dinner will probably be Casey's or maybe some tots at Friars nook, depending on how we're feeling. Focus will be on those rides we have yet to do and of course Big Thunder 😁 Not sure we'll manage to stay till midnight but we'll see!

Joining in! We're staying at Boardwalk 8/25 to 9/4, so lots of overlap and just around the lake.

We probably won't get to the Beach Club till about 7pm and they haven't released the opening times for August yet, but if Epcot is open till 9pm then we'll head in to get something to eat there from the Food and Wine festival, or Les Halles as it's DH's fave QS in the park; don't worry I have a park pass reservation already sorted.

This is Monday, right? You'll have deluxe benefits that night, too, so you can hang in Epcot until 11pm if the jet lag doesn't get you first!

Once the park closes at 6pm for MNSSHP, we're going to head on over to Wilderness Lodge for a drink at Geyser Point and chill out for a couple of hours before we get the boat over to the Contemporary for dinner at Steakhouse 71.

This boat isn't running yet. Folks had thought it might start back up with Hoop Dee Doo, but I don't think that panned out. Maybe soon?

we're going to head on over to Magic Kingdom as there's extra magic hours for the Deluxe guests this evening so we're going to want to try and take advantage of that

We'll be there too. Just look for the family with the thoroughly exhausted eight year olds. The girls want so much to be able to hack it, but this will be the third late night in a row for us. We'll see if they can keep going with sheer force of will!

This boat isn't running yet. Folks had thought it might start back up with Hoop Dee Doo, but I don't think that panned out. Maybe soon?

This is why I love this forum. Thanks for pointing that out - just assumed that it would be running! Planning this whole trip has made me feel like a first timer all over again! And I wish you luck with the kiddos getting through the extra magic hours - it's bad enough when you're an adult over a certain age 🤣

Updates are coming in thick and fast now:

Day 4 - Epcot and Disney Springs

It's time for a full-ish day at Epcot and one where we're hoping to get a boarding group for Cosmic Rewind. We have discussed it and think that it's worth paying for if we can't get a "free" group so we'll play it by ear.

It's going to be strange entering from the International Gateway as we are usually a Mexico first party when it comes to World Showcase because Mr Eskimo needs to go say hello to his Cabellero friends...I'm making him out to sound like a 5 year old but that's what we're both like when we're in the parks! However being so close to France as soon as we get in means we can head straight to Les Halles to grab a quick breakfast (probably a croque monsieur, with a side of creme brulee for Mr E and a ham and cheese croissant for me). Then it all really depends on the Cosmic Rewind status as to what happens next. We might try and get in line for Remy after breakfast, although we've done it a few times in Paris, but still it's a cute ride. Meeting Donald in Mexico and riding The Three Cabelleros is a given and then Soarin' and Test Track if we can stand the queues.

This is another day where we'd be ok with going back to the hotel for some pool time later in the afternoon, before we head on over to Disney Springs. I'm not sure there will be much sampling of Food and Wine as we managed to snag a reservation for Homecomin' this evening which was probably the second best meal we had in 2019. I cannot tell you the relief I felt when I got that ADR locked in, Mr E was adamant that we had to go back for the fried chicken, mac and cheese and the shine cake. I'm looking forward to the Peach sangria cocktail again and hope it's as good as I remember. I'm trying to convince Mr E that we can share a portion of the Fried chicken with the 3 side sampler as well but I think he want's all the chicken to himself. I'm sure we'll leave here with leftovers!

Before we head into Homecomin' I am going to join the Gideon's virtual queue because I have to try those cookies. I am a cookie fiend and will be buying one of each to try and while I know it's ridiculous to wait hours just to buy some cookies, I don't mind if I'm eating dinner during some of that time!

After dinner and cookies are hopefully acquired, it will be time to walk the short distance to hang out with the best pilot in a movie franchise at his very own bar - I'm talking about Jock Lindsay's. As mentioned above, Mr E loves the Indiana Jones franchise, so this is his heaven. In 2019 we went here a couple of times and had the most amazing service, even getting gifted pin badges that are usually reserved just for the staff which I think was because Mr E was eagerly pointing out all the easter eggs in the place 😁

I realise this day appears to be very Mr E centric but don't you worry, I'll be getting my own back by making him trail around Sephora (I still haven't got over the fact they pulled out of the UK all those years ago...), Pandora and a few other stores with me 😏 By the time that's all done it will be time for bed!

Definitely on a roll now:

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom and MNSSHP

Almost halfway through our trip and it's time for Animal Kingdom. I love this park and how different it is to all the others - I guess I'm a bit of a Joe Rohde fan! We're getting here early to either run for Flight of Passage or head on over to Everest and see the disco yeti a few times before we head on over to Tusker House for breakfast. Here Mr E will try to drink the place dry of their Jungle Juice and I'll pretend I don't know him 🤣 Looking forward to seeing everyone in their safari outfits and enjoy the family style meal - this was the one buffet I found overwhelming in WDW because I wanted to eat everything.

Once we've had our fill, it's a day of rapids, safari and meeting Mickey and Minnie while also checking out Kite Tails and possibly the new Nemo show. We'll have to take a walk to see the naked mole rats (another one of Mr E's favorites - he's not that weird honest!) and try to catch a dino on Dinosaur.

We'll be heading back to the hotel early so we can get ready for the evenings fun of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Yes we bought the tickets and this date was the only one that really made sense during our trip. We've even both got our "costumes" (I prefer to call it amped up Disneybounding), but I might save that for the actual trip report, or you can read it here
Milo & Kida
. There will be lots of trick or treating done (I never got to do it as a child so I find it so exciting when we get to do it in MK) as well as character meets, parade, show and fireworks, plus a few rides for good measure too! If we're hungry for dinner then we'll grab something from a quick service or just eat our way through too much candy!

Right here we go again...

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom

So as if we didn't have enough time in MK the night before at the Halloween party, we're back this morning. Now this is also the Saturday of Labour Day weekend so we're anticipating it to be busy. With that in mind, this is our "slow" day at MK, where we probably spend a little more time in the shops, do couple of rides and then we have lunch booked at Grand Floridian Cafe. Again this is another favourite of ours and surprise surprise, Mr E loves it for the chicken and waffles 🤣

After a little break out for lunch we may go back to the park depending on crowds or we'll go back for some more pool time or even head to Typhoon Lagoon as it's included in our tickets, before park hopping somewhere else later on in the evening.

This is probably the least-planned-out-in-advance day we have on the calendar but only because we're anticipating crowds and so we'll play it by ear. Also by this point we'll probably want a bit of a break anyway!

Straight into...

Day 7 Epcot and Space

After what will hopefully be a more relaxed day, we're taking the short walk to Epcot to properly enjoy Food and Wine. Of course we'll see the Cabelleros but also try and snag Cosmic Rewind as well. Mr E is keen to get me on Mission Space which I have never done, so we'll have to wait and see but if we don't make a mission to Mars we're still guaranteed a ride to the stars as we managed to grab an ADR for Space 220 lounge. We both weren't that fussed about the restaurant as a whole and thought it seemed a little overpriced for the prix fixe menu, but the lounge allows us to experience it while enjoying an appetiser each and a drink (plus the chance to sit down in some air conditioning!)

Again we may possibly head back to the pool if the crowds are busy and maybe even park hop to Hollywood Studios if the mood takes us!

So after two very flexible days...

Day 8 - Hollywoo and a Special Dinner

Yes, Mr E and I call HS, Hollywoo. I can't remember where it came from but it makes us laugh so there you go. So restful and relaxing days are done - now it's time for more military style planning.

A walk across the boardwalk and down the lake to Hollywoo it is for us on Labour Day. We're determined to get on ROTR again, as well as Rock n Rollercoaster and Toy Story Midway Mania. Also this is the day that I will be meeting Sorcerer Mickey as he's my favourite (see pic in the first post 😏) and I have the perfect Fantasia themed outfit to wear for the occasion.

Breakfast is either going to be Totchos at Woody's lunchbox or a ronto wrap depending on what we feel like. We may also have a mid day break at Baseline Tap House for a quick drink and a monster pretzle. We'll be leaving early though as dinner on this night is at California Grill 😁 Was shaking when I booked this ADR because since our honeymoon it's been our "wedding anniversary" dinner place of choice. I could go on and on about how much I love the place, the staff have always made it really special, the food has always been exceptional and getting to stand on the balcony with a glass of wine and watch the fireworks is a great experience. This evening is another MNSSHP so it will be interesting to see those fireworks from a distance for once!

It's Epcot extra magic hours this evening but I think we'll probably be giving it a miss as I know I'll be too full from a 3 course meal to go on any rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter