? For military dvc owners

PixieTink0302

Earning My Ears
We are looking to purchase in the next 2 years. My hubby is active air force. Any advice? We have 2 boys right now (3 and 1) and have goneatleast once a year to wdw and now since we are stationed in SoCal we have APs to DL and go at least once a month for an overnight. I assume some of you weighed in military discounts when making your decision ... Any insight?

We just bought our first DVC a few months ago. And, we have another contract going to ROFR. If you find a good price for resale and purchase one of the resorts with low maintenance and better yet a loaded contract, it can be a good deal. My husband who was very reluctant about DVC and did a spread sheet. If you use the points, it is a good bargain for staying on property. If you do not use them, but rent them out you will be able to cover the maintenance fees plus have money left. As far as military, the military admissions are great, but if you are planning to be visiting Disney World more than once a year, the discounted annual passes through DVC is a good value. The problem is that this expires in a few weeks.

I am a fan of Disney and my husband understands the old military saying, if momma is not happy no one is happy.

Kitty and Jim:santa:

21 year active duty AF here and we bought into our first DVC property in 2008. We now own 325 points at SSR, BLT, HHI and VGC. For years we stayed at Shades of Green at WDW and while we still enjoy staying there, we find the DVC properties offer a more premium experience. Plus, there is no Shades-equivalent at DL. Will we save money over the long term? Perhaps, but we have no regrets with our DVC purchases regardless.

We are looking to purchase in the next 2 years. My hubby is active air force. Any advice? We have 2 boys right now (3 and 1) and have goneatleast once a year to wdw and now since we are stationed in SoCal we have APs to DL and go at least once a month for an overnight. I assume some of you weighed in military discounts when making your decision ... Any insight?
As former military, I'd be careful. There are things beyond your control that could interfere both due to location and vacation flexibility/cancelation. If you're later in a military career such that you only have a few years of risk and it makes sense otherwise (have a hx of going, can afford to pay cash, value on property) then it may make sense. Don't count on Grand CA if you don't own there or don't plan well in advance. Having access to Shades of Green and other discounts does also shift the point of reasonable buy in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter