For Atkins users...how many carbs?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Just curious as to where all the rest of you on Atkins are on your carb levels. I've just bumped up to 45....I was still losing last week at 40. Last summer when I was just doing "low carbs" I was eating 50-100 per day and still losing weight....so I'm hopeful that my personal CCLL is fairly high.

Also, I feel like I might start having a harder time getting all those carbs! I really like the low carb stuff I'm eating (love my nuts and strawberries)...so in a way I'm not inclined to go higher, though I really want to know my personal threshold so I can possibly eat a little more "normally" in the future. I guess its time to pull out the old "carb ladder" and see what to add next.

Oh, and are you all doing well eating all those vegetables? I've been slipping with the veggies since I've been able to have fruit. Any hints other than to just keep making myself eat them until it becomes a habit?

My husband and I are still following the induction rate of 20 carbs. We both have so much to lose still.

I make cheese sauce from heavy cream and shredded cheese for our brocolli and cauliflower and that seems to help my husband tolerate veggies. I also eat spreadable cheese on cucumber slices. That's it for my suggestions. I've always preferred the lower carbohydrate vegetables anyway, I don't know that I would even <i>want</i> a potato again.

My husband is pretty sure that if were ever to eat a starchy vegetable again he would be immediately addicted and he doesn't want to do that, he feels too healthy and good now.

Good luck with your vegetables. You are doing so well, Lesley.

Katholyn

I am still on induction too...I have been on it since Jan. I have a low carb tolerance, and even going up to 40 grams stalls me big time :(

I use spinach instead of lettuce for my salad. I do fry eggplant and add garlic and cheese for a veggie. Broccilli steamed or raw with dressing is a must at my house.

I love to use cucumbers as chips too Kath.

Oh, sorry guys....I didn't realize you were all on induction yet. After the first two weeks I had a strong feeling I wouldn't stick with it if I stayed on induction so I went to OWL. You are both doing so great to be sticking with it for so long! I'm awed and inspired by you both!

I have that same fear about sugar as your husband has about potatoes, Katholyn. I managed my first run in with it though. But I know I have to stay on top of my habits or I'll slide. Actually I'm worried about both sugar and white flour....and just slightly about potatoes. I'm worried for my dh who has been adding his carbs back with white flour....but he's still losing and I have to let him manage stuff himself.

Definitely going to pick up some alouette veggie spread and cucumbers at the store! I'll admit to being sort of "saladed out"...

Thanks! And keep going with it ladies...you're doing so well!

Lesley,

I'm still on Induction, and actually I usually keep my carbs beneath 15 or so, never over 20. Not sure at what point I will move on from Induction, it has not been too tough on me to stick to so far.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter